Master page text prints differently than designed

I have built a two-page masterpage layout that is simple lines and text
boxes.  I want the text tp]o print as light grey (which is shows in
design-mode and when document is exportedtp .pdf).  When the document is
shown in print preview mode or printed from Publisher (2007) the master page
text prints black.  Do I have to export to pdf everytime I need to test print?
0
KLHoff (1)

This is a printer issue. Do you have a "Print Quality" setting in your printer
setup? Have you tried using the best setting? What version Publisher are you
using? Is your printer a LaserJet? Is your printer driver current?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"KLHoff" <KLHoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have built a two-page masterpage layout that is simple lines and text
> boxes.  I want the text tp]o print as light grey (which is shows in
> design-mode and when document is exportedtp .pdf).  When the document is
> shown in print preview mode or printed from Publisher (2007) the master page
> text prints black.  Do I have to export to pdf everytime I need to test print?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

if cell is text move left one column

PAGE SIZE DIFFICULTY
WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >-----Original Message----- >WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. >COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >. > Choose Page setup from the File drop down menu and set the page size to suit your needs. Note that elements on the page do not change. You will have to rearrange to suit. MISS2728 wrote: > WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION RE...

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

pulling certain characters from a string of text
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? Hi, =left(a1,3) "SaraMack" wrote: > I need to look up "c...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

set print area #2

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...

Print preview distorts objects
I have an XL2000 worksheet that has 4 controls on it (one command button, and 3 radio buttons). When I print preview the worksheet, once I close the print preview window the controls become distorted in size and location. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? Thanks, Bill ...

Printing problem in booklet format

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Printing a newsletter on 11x17 not in full size
I am trying to print my 4 page newlsetter that is 8.5x11 on 11x17 so that it is a folded newsletter. It prints on the 11x17 but it keeps printing small with crop lines. It is in the right order but not full size. PLEASE HELP What version Publisher? Are you using Publisher 2007? Are you setting up your printer first for 11 x 17? File, page setup, booklet, select custom size 8.5 x 11, click advanced on the right, select booklet in the pull down type 8.5 width 11 height -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tam Nee...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...