Master Page #2

I would like to know how the Master Page is supposed to work. I changed the
design from a template calendar and applied the master page to all 12 months.
Nothing changed. I had changed the 'fill', line coloring, placement of month,
etc.

I have tried it several times with several different templates. Is that not
what Master Page is supposed to do?

Thanks for any help.

You can have any number of different Master pages within a document.
This article will help you understand how master pages work.
About using master pages
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010036031033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033
Apply master pages to publication pages
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010046181033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033

I have a calendar on my web page that has 12 different master pages.
http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm
It is called *2008 Holiday Calendar*
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Betty Pratt" <BettyPratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know how the Master Page is supposed to work. I changed the
> design from a template calendar and applied the master page to all 12 months.
> Nothing changed. I had changed the 'fill', line coloring, placement of month,
> etc.
>
> I have tried it several times with several different templates. Is that not
> what Master Page is supposed to do?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/17/2008 9:51:35 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> You can have any number of different Master pages within a document.
> This article will help you understand how master pages work.
> About using master pages
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010036031033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033
> Apply master pages to publication pages
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010046181033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033
>
> I have a calendar on my web page that has 12 different master pages.
> http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm
> It is called *2008 Holiday Calendar*

I was going to ask a slightly different question about master pages, and
followed your link.  However, I've already been there before and it
doesn't help me, I think because I'm using Publisher 2002.  It suggests
Format/master page but my version doesn't have any reference to master
page under formatting.  I have discovered that CtrlM produces something
but not the box I'm supposed to have to manage the master page.

What I'm trying to do is to have some very pale text running over the
page like a watermark so new text boxes can be no fill and allow the
pale text to be seen behind.  (The text in the new boxes will be fairly
dark and bold.  I also want pictures over the top but this is not a
problem as I can do this by putting pictures over a text box and
changing the order anyway.)

Any suggestions?

--
Jane
0

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Jane Vernon" <spam@nopotteratthisaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> You can have any number of different Master pages within a document.
>> This article will help you understand how master pages work.
>> About using master pages
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010036031033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033
>> Apply master pages to publication pages
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010046181033.aspx?pid=CH063587691033
>>
>> I have a calendar on my web page that has 12 different master pages.
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm
>> It is called *2008 Holiday Calendar*
>
> I was going to ask a slightly different question about master pages, and
> followed your link.  However, I've already been there before and it doesn't
> help me, I think because I'm using Publisher 2002.  It suggests Format/master
> page but my version doesn't have any reference to master page under
> formatting.  I have discovered that CtrlM produces something but not the box
> I'm supposed to have to manage the master page.
>
> What I'm trying to do is to have some very pale text running over the page
> like a watermark so new text boxes can be no fill and allow the pale text to
> be seen behind.  (The text in the new boxes will be fairly dark and bold.  I
> also want pictures over the top but this is not a problem as I can do this by
> putting pictures over a text box and changing the order anyway.)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> --
> Jane

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/29/2008 10:27:58 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> Jane, Publisher 2002 doesn't have multiple Master pages options. However you can
> use the Master Page to insert your light colored text. Create a text box while
> in the Master page view and fill it with your text. Read the help entry on
> Master.

Thank you very much, this has worked!

--
Jane
0

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary Sauer wrote:
>> Jane, Publisher 2002 doesn't have multiple Master pages options. However you
>> can use the Master Page to insert your light colored text. Create a text box
>> while in the Master page view and fill it with your text. Read the help entry
>> on Master.
>>

> Thank you very much, this has worked!
>
> --
> Jane

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Linking to internal visio pages
Hi all, I've been trying to figure out a way to link to an specific page that is imbedded in a visio file saved as a web page. For example: I have a visio file that consists of 12 pages accessed by tabs along the bottom of the screen. When I export this file as a webpage, access to the individual pages appears as a pull down menu on the left side of the page. The file is given an address, but not the individual pages, so if I create a link to the visio file it always defaults to the first page. Is there anyway to link to specific pages within the file? Thanks in advance, Tim ...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

RMS 2.0 Integration Approach
Hi everyone, I have Commerce Server 2009 in place and would like to integrate it with RMS2.0. What are some ways in general that an external system can integrate with RMS2.0? Regards. ...

Trouble Printing Checks #2
I'm using Money 2004. I have a list of checks to be printed, but no 'Print Checks' on the left side panel. When I go the 'File' menu to print checks it gives me a "You don't have any accounts with checks to be printed." message. What can I do? David See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91. "David" wrote: > What can I do? I would run a file repair to see if that will correct the number do indicate the number of checks that have been set to "print". "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

OS version 10.2
In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements for 2004, it says that it is for users who have 10.2.8 or later. Is OS 10.2 upgradable to 10.2.8 or do I need to go with Office X or 2001 for OS 10.2? Heath Kuszak IT Manager Verdone Landscape Architects, Inc. Heath Kuszak <heath@verdonelandarch.com> wrote: > In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS > 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements > for 2004, ...

Matrix #2
Hiya, I need to create a chart which is a matrix of four 'boxes' (a bit like the BCG 'Cash cow, star, etc matrix if you know it). But am having real trouble. What I need is this (and I'm going for the simplest method here - I ignored the four 'boxes' and just tried to get the data as I want on the chart): Data source: Project Name Value(1-10) Difficulty(1-10) Proj1 5 8 Proj2 8 10 Proj3 1 8 Proj4 3 ...

When will CRM 2.0 be released?
I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when version 2 will be released. I've heard 2005, but that is a little vague. My company has identified a few gaps that should be resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements. If the release is put off until this time next year, we will go ahead and correct now. However, we would like to hold off wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the 1st two quarters of 2005. Thoughts? The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of 2005. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

CDialog::DoModal() (2)
Few days ago I have asked the same question but didn't get any answers. :( This is my problem: I have written plugin for one app and it crashes here: //dlgcore.cpp CDialog::DoModal() { .... if (m_nFlags & WF_CONTINUEMODAL) { // enter modal loop DWORD dwFlags = MLF_SHOWONIDLE; if (GetStyle() & DS_NOIDLEMSG) dwFlags |= MLF_NOIDLEMSG; //It crashes on the line below VERIFY(RunModalLoop(dwFlags) == m_nModalResult); } .... } I belive that possible cause was that I didn't initialized MFC in any way. I have noticed this in my other pro...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send #2
i am using outlook 2003 and windows XP and can receive but not send e-mail. i can send occasionally but only about 1 out of 50 or so attempts, so i am assuming that all my settings are correct as i can send sometimes. i have just upgraded to outlook 2003 and was using outlook 2002. i have verified that my account settings are correct. i have no firewall. can anybody offer any suggestions. Hey Jim, Does the email you are trying to send bounce back as undeliverable? If so, what error message goes with it? I am fighting something similar with Outlook97, and am looking for ideas of what to ...

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...

2 Axis Pivot Chart
Is it possible to create a 2 axis (a combination of line & bar) chart from a pivot table? Sure is, did you try? Right click a series that you want on the secondary axis, choose Format Series, and on the Axis tab (Excel 2003 and earlier) or the Series Options tab (2007) select the Secondary Axis option. To change the chart type, right click on the series, choose (Change) Chart Type, and select the type you want. Of course, the pivot chart is likely to lose this formatting when it is refreshed, Which even Microsoft admits is a problem. They suggest recording a macro next time you f...

macro #2
I'm new at this so this might seem elementary but if you don't know you ask those that do. I've created a macro that is suppose to clear the input data on a worksheet when a command button is clicked. However when the msgbox appears asking them if they wish to continue and they click "yes" nothing happens.I've included the code that I've written. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub cmdclear_Click() MsgBox "Caution: You are about to delete the information on this worksheet" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Do you wish to continue?"...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines #2
Excellent! Thanks! My brain gets confused between what you can use i formulas and what can be used in VBA. Alex Delamain Wrote: > Under conditional formatting set condition 1 > Formula is =+$E2<=NOW()+7 > > Then apply your forma -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 NOW() has a date and time component TODAY() has only a date component Ok, incorpo...

How 2 sort an autosum total list after adding items 2 autosum item
Am using detail dollar amount list to insert new transactions in the middle of a the detail list, and they in turn get included in the 'autosum' total calc which is located in another item total summary list in the same workbook. If we try to sort the autosum total summary list, the autosum totals seem to loose their connection with the detail autosum calc list. Is there anyway to keep this connection, ie be able to add items into the detail autosum calc lists, and then sort the autosum summary totals ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

RE: MSCRM V1.2 & Lotus Notes V6.5
Hi. I need some expert advice regarding MSCRM as you are aware of that MSCRM uses exchange 2000/2003 as a mail server. I have a potentail customer to whom i am trying to sell the CRM package but the only problem is that he is using Lotus Notes v6.5 for mail. They do not want to change. Is their a way around this issue. What i am trying to achieve is CRM mail gets into CRM & general mail gets to the user machines with Lotus notes 6.5, instead of using Outlook. Kind Regards.. Shaz.. repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for email. I think at le...

Activation #2
I have attempted to activate Publisher 2007 trial for more than a week and to no avail I have not had any luck and the pages on the support page do not correspond or resolve the issue Kristy wrote: > I have attempted to activate Publisher 2007 trial for more than a > week and to no avail I have not had any luck and the pages on the > support page do not correspond or resolve the issue ======================================== Maybe the following article will offer something useful: (919895) How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate a 2007 Office ...