Margins #3

I am having difficulty with the print margins on my file.  I have gone to the
"arrange menu" and set the margins to zero.  When I print or do a print
preview, I can set anything I want on the left margin to the edge and have it
print, but the right margin cuts it off at about .5.  So, I can't put
anything to the edge on the right margin.

I have looked everywhere.  I'm positive that the margins are set to zero.
How do I fix this?
0
kaye92 (3)

This is a printer limitation.  To eliminate the margin you will need to
purchase a printer that will do this.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having difficulty with the print margins on my file.  I have gone to
the
> "arrange menu" and set the margins to zero.  When I print or do a print
> preview, I can set anything I want on the left margin to the edge and have
it
> print, but the right margin cuts it off at about .5.  So, I can't put
> anything to the edge on the right margin.
>
> I have looked everywhere.  I'm positive that the margins are set to zero.
> How do I fix this?

0
Retired (261)
8/21/2004 12:00:56 AM
It could be a printer limitation.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having difficulty with the print margins on my file.  I have gone to
>the
> "arrange menu" and set the margins to zero.  When I print or do a print
> preview, I can set anything I want on the left margin to the edge and have
> it
> print, but the right margin cuts it off at about .5.  So, I can't put
> anything to the edge on the right margin.
>
> I have looked everywhere.  I'm positive that the margins are set to zero.
> How do I fix this?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/21/2004 12:01:39 AM
Could you recommend or tell me which printers allow for full bleeds?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> It could be a printer limitation.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having difficulty with the print margins on my file.  I have gone to
> >the
> > "arrange menu" and set the margins to zero.  When I print or do a print
> > preview, I can set anything I want on the left margin to the edge and have
> > it
> > print, but the right margin cuts it off at about .5.  So, I can't put
> > anything to the edge on the right margin.
> >
> > I have looked everywhere.  I'm positive that the margins are set to zero.
> > How do I fix this?
>

> ---

kaye92 (3)
8/21/2004 12:11:01 AM
Scads of them do. Do your homework. I have an HP that I got about a year ago
for $99 and it has full bleed. You don't have to spend mega-bucks for a
printer that will do what you need.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Could you recommend or tell me which printers allow for full bleeds?
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> It could be a printer limitation.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having difficulty with the print margins on my file.  I have gone
>> >the
>> > "arrange menu" and set the margins to zero.  When I print or do a print
>> > preview, I can set anything I want on the left margin to the edge and
>> > have
>> > it
>> > print, but the right margin cuts it off at about .5.  So, I can't put
>> > anything to the edge on the right margin.
>> >
>> > I have looked everywhere.  I'm positive that the margins are set to
>> > zero.
>> > How do I fix this?
>>

>> ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/21/2004 12:25:14 AM
Interestly, the margins are now bleeding even though the HP Support person
said my printer won't allow for it.  Not sure what I did.

Another thought.  I can create the doc and then turn it into a PDF and it
holds the margins that I set.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Scads of them do. Do your homework. I have an HP that I got about a year ago
> for $99 and it has full bleed. You don't have to spend mega-bucks for a
> printer that will do what you need.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Could you recommend or tell me which printers allow for full bleeds?
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> It could be a printer limitation.
> >>
> >> --
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> ---
> >>

> ---

kaye92 (3)
8/21/2004 12:57:02 AM
As long as you can get the effect you are looking for, I really don't think
it matters *how*.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Interestly, the margins are now bleeding even though the HP Support person
> said my printer won't allow for it.  Not sure what I did.
>
> Another thought.  I can create the doc and then turn it into a PDF and it
> holds the margins that I set.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Scads of them do. Do your homework. I have an HP that I got about a year
>> ago
>> for $99 and it has full bleed. You don't have to spend mega-bucks for a
>> printer that will do what you need.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "kaye92" <kaye92@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Could you recommend or tell me which printers allow for full bleeds?

>> ---

---

jl_amerson (3088)

thread #3
how can ia crearte a new Cdialog runing under new thread mido1971 wrote: > how can ia crearte a new Cdialog runing under new thread mido: It is really not a good idea to have GUI components in a secondary thread. Just use a worker thread, or a window-less UI thread. If you have a CDialog-derived class, you can have individual methods run in the secondary thread, but they should only update the GUI using PostMesage() or SendMessage(). David Wilkinson To add to David's advice (good as usual) you can send a message to the UI thread that tells it to pop up the dialog for you wi...

SMTP Connectors #3
I look in my system manager on my exchange 2003 FE server and see alot of SMTP connectors to domains like 0733.com, 072.com, domains that usually just supply spam. Any way to get these connectors to go away, or will they time out based on my settings.. or are these something I need to worry about. connectors? or queues? if theyre connectors id say you have BIG poblems "Stup88" <Stup88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:380AC46A-9978-4F17-8352-AC751480996C@microsoft.com... >I look in my system manager on my exchange 2003 FE server and see alot of >...

Relay Problem #3
My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay. I went in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it. What should I do? One of my clients running Exchange 5.5 was running a Open Relay. You can tell this by opening up and telneting into port 25 and seeing if you can send mail through that port. If you get a blocked message you are not running an open relay, if you can relay a message through your exchange server then I followed a webpage on microsoft on securing exchange 5.5. I remember that it had to do with locking down who yo...

����MFC��һ���ĵ� #3
faint..... "apple" <wenjuanluo@163.com> д���ʼ� news:eouOLWnrEHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > > ...

Date formats #3
I have a column in a spreadsheet containing dates.Some of the dates are in the date format while others are in a five digit format such as 38364 which is not recognisable as a date. How can I convert these numbers to provide me with a date. Mnay Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200605/1 Just highlight the complete column by clicking on the column identifier (the grey button at the top of the column), then Format | Cells | Number (tab) and choose Date with an appropriate format, then click OK. Your numbers like 38364 should now be...

Zeros #3
How can I preserve leading zeros in a cell? I'm entering equipment serial numbers in cells, but any leading zeros are not displayed. I do have the Zero Values box checked in Options. Thanks in advance. -Hank -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com You can preformat the cell as Text (format|cells|Number tab|Text) or you can start the entry with an apostrophe: '001234 or you could give the cell a custom format that will show as many digits as you want: Format|cells|number tab|custom category 00000 (I used 5 digits) ==== Ps. Remove that check mark ...

leaving mail on server #3
I know that there is an option to leave mail on server when receiving it in 'Office Express'. Is there one for 'Office'? Sure - in Outlook you can specify this in your POP mail settings. Moe wrote: > I know that there is an option to leave mail on server > when receiving it in 'Office Express'. Is there one > for 'Office'? Thank you!! It wasn't as intuitive as Express. I included 'POP' in my search through MS and got the directions. >-----Original Message----- >Sure - in Outlook you can specify this in your POP mail settings....

Windows 7 bug with ID3 v2.3 interpreter
There seems to be a bug in the Windows 7 ID3v2.3 interpreter that occurs for all ID3v2.3 tags of more than 10 Mbytes. When encountering such files, windows 7 explorer hangs for minutes on the files. The delay times of the explorer increases with the ID3 tag size. This can affect files with uncompressed album arts or mp3HD files, which have large id3 tags. Can anyone at Microsoft look at this? Thanks On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:11:01 -0800, fairmetoo <fairmetoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >There seems to be a bug in the Windows 7 ID3v2.3 interpreter that occu...

Margins
How do I set up margins around cells so there is more space around text in a cell? And how do I keep this as part of my master template, and how avoid having to add this format if I add a row or column, since excel doesn’t seem to keep formats even though I change them from the top or right for the entire row. Everytime I add a new row or column it forgets how I changed the sheet. Do you use a common rowheight for all your rows? If yes, then select all the cells (ctrl-a, (twice in xl2003) and adjust the rowheight of all the rows. If no, then it looks like excel will pick up the row ...

spam filtering #3
I used to use outlook express 6, where in the "tools - message rule" section, it's possible to delete or not download unwanted emails from the server. However since switching over to "Outlook 2000" I can see nothing in the "tools" section that allows me to perform the same task. Could anyone please tell me if there is a solution to this problem. Many thanks. My email is:- wildcat.woody (removethis)@ntlworld.com ...

Worksheet size #3
I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't wide enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? Thanks Avril Hi Avril Excel is limited to 256 columns. This can not be changed. Cheers JulieD "Avril" <Avril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C0900E-D321-4914-BE89-B75A028C2D94@microsoft.com... >I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't >wide > enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? > > Thanks > > Avril Hi so you want more than 256...

Error message 0x8004210A #3
I haven't been able to send/receive email for about one week. I run McAfee Anti-virus and stopping email scan doesn't stop message. Can anyone help? Hi CMarx. please read this here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827349 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "CMarx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2f11401c46cee$c42594b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I haven't been able to send/receive email for about ...

Updating Internet Information #3
I have Microsoft Money 99 which I use mainly to do my yearly taxes. Until this year, I have been able to update the tax worksheet by downloading (clicking on "Update Internet Information"). When I click this now, I get a dialog box: Money 99 Online Connection Summary, indicating "Product Information. Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)" I have tried this several times and received the same message in the last month. Can ...

excel 2000 #3
good day! when I open my excel file example Book1.xls- there are two excel file opens.-"Book1.xls;1" and "Book1.xls;2". they are the same. how this happen? only on this file. You have two windows on the same file. Just close one of the windows with the X in the top-right of the window, and it will be back to normal. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "jaypee" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uY8kpc0QGHA.6084@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > good day! > when I open my excel file example Book1.xls- ...

Landed Costs #3
I deal with hundreds of different landed costs vendors each year. They change frequently and it is getting difficult to create or modify a landed cost everytime I have a new vendor. Great Plains seems to let me create a landed cost without a vendor associated with it, but when I do that is there a proper way to go about paying these vendors later? I would prefer to be able to just create a temporary vendor in AP for each of these landed costs, but wouldn't my accrued purchases effectively double as a result of the landed cost debiting my accrued purchases and the AP invoice debiting my ac...

logging #3
All, Unfortuantely emails that come from internal users, to internal users using an Outlook client don't show any header information in the email. How do I set up logging to find out what emails come from what machine? Message tracking won't do it BTW. I've enabled everything I can see in the console for message tracking, and it just shows everything but the originating machine. Thanks! Pair Are you saying there is no info on the SMTP logs? oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http:...

CRM 3.0 change the format of the of the phone number
I load all phone number with the format +41 44 123 45 67. After usign German SFO clients some of the phone number have been changed on teh CRM server to +41 (44) 123 45 67 (additional parenthesis) and some have been changed to 41 44 123 45 67 (lost +) How can I tell CRM or the SFO client not to change the format of phone number? Anyone have a solution for this? "brunost" <brunost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE0BBFA-F583-4E26-ADE7-68E4F8BDAB19@microsoft.com... >I load all phone number with the format +41 44 123 45 67. > > After usign German...

spam #3
How do I block SPAM emails that seem to be coming from my domain? If it is coming from your server, then make sure that relay is no allowed on your server ep3m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message117690.htm XCON: How to Prevent Mail Relay in Exchange Server 5.5 SP1 or Later http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315687 Exchange 2000 and 2003 won't relay by default. H...

MS Outlook 2000 #3
On the outlook today screen, the customize outlook today button does not work at all. How do I fix this. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4f1901c3e468$f7ac1ed0$a601280a@phx.gbl, danny wrote: > On the outlook today ...

CRM 3.0 Error "HTTP 403 (forbidden)" to open Report
Hi, please help me!!! i am a system administrator but i've this problem: if i open some crm's report (for exemple Account Distribution) i'll have this error page: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.crmcg.it home p...

Query Based Distribution Lists #3
I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields. I would like to make a list based on Group Membership. There is a field under USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a preview. I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to several different groups even though they have only one login and work out of a single office with the same address etc. So I made them members of groups based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail based on this membership. McMurray <McMurray@disc...

Outlook Client on Citrix #3
I have a client that is running CRM 3.0 Outlook Client on (2) Citrix servers. They are getting multiple synchronization errors. Any ideas? Let me know what information is needed to make a determination of where the problem is coming from. Thanks CRM 3 is not fully support on terminal services, but these might help you. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en, which is how to deply CRM on terminal services. Also have a look a this, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=664beb55-1652-474f-ae06...

Public Folder Replication issue #3
I have a single domain which is linked across a VPN to two sites. At both sites I have a DC and an Exchange box. The issue I am having is on Server A, I can see and access all public folders, on Server B I cannot see one folder and two other folders have no data. I have checked to ensure they are set up for replication and even in ESM it shows they are "In Sync" or "Local Modified". Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Douglas Hiser In each public folder's properties do you have both servers showing as having replicas? Do yo...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

Error when creating an SQL 2005 database for CRM 3.0
Hi I’m installing a CRM 3.0 from scratch. I have installed a SQL2005 server I use Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition Server Setup CD. I fill in: Organization name Installation directory Web site SQL Server and create a new database Report Server An existing Organization Unit Network service account Exchange server I get an error in my Application event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSSQLSERVER Event Category: (2) Event ID: 17207 Date: 8/24/2006 Time: 8:04:00 AM User: DK\Administrator Computer: CRMPRE1 Description: FCB::Open: Operating system error 2(The system cannot ...