Margin Trouble with Custom Page Size

When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or
Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do.
 Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK.  Issue does not occur
when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word.  I don't have any
extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of.
Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help!  Thanks.
0
kbagel (2)

How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are you
setting up your printer first? What model is your printer? What version
Publisher are you using?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"kbagel" <kbagel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or
> Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do.
> Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK.  Issue does not occur
> when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word.  I don't have any
> extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of.
> Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help!  Thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/22/2006 4:26:04 PM
Version:  MS Publisher 2003 (SP2)
Printer is HP 1300 LaserJet.  I set it for manual feed (there's a tray on
top of the regular tray that's used for manual paper), heavier paperstock.
Saved the print task with its own name...didn't change paper size from
"letter" because it doesn't allow me to custom size in the set up window.  As
I noted, when I do this in MS Word, not an issue...only for Publisher...so
could this still be a printer issue?
I also tried to check the printer defaults using WordPad as was suggested to
some other posts in this discussion group, WordPad lets me set the margins at
0 all around and doesn't auto re-adjust them to anything...?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are you
> setting up your printer first? What model is your printer? What version
> Publisher are you using?
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "kbagel" <kbagel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or
> > Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do.
> > Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK.  Issue does not occur
> > when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word.  I don't have any
> > extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of.
> > Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help!  Thanks.

0
kbagel (2)
8/22/2006 4:45:02 PM
I've owned many HP LaserJet's, everyone will allow a custom size paper setting
in the print properties. Do crop marks print?

Interesting article here about WinPrint, might be your solution.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=238320&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=238320&objectID=c00715207

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Version:  MS Publisher 2003 (SP2)
> Printer is HP 1300 LaserJet.  I set it for manual feed (there's a tray on
> top of the regular tray that's used for manual paper), heavier paperstock.
> Saved the print task with its own name...didn't change paper size from
> "letter" because it doesn't allow me to custom size in the set up window.  As
> I noted, when I do this in MS Word, not an issue...only for Publisher...so
> could this still be a printer issue?
> I also tried to check the printer defaults using WordPad as was suggested to
> some other posts in this discussion group, WordPad lets me set the margins at
> 0 all around and doesn't auto re-adjust them to anything...?
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are
>> you
>> setting up your printer first? What model is your printer? What version
>> Publisher are you using?
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>>
>> "kbagel" <kbagel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or
>> > Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I
>> > do.
>> > Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK.  Issue does not
>> > occur
>> > when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word.  I don't have
>> > any
>> > extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of.
>> > Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help!  Thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

Investment Screen font size
Is there any way to change the font size on the investment pages? The rest of the software screens seem okay, but when I get to the investment pages the fonts get too small and "fuzzy". Money Premium 2007 In microsoft.public.money, DDEAN wrote: >Is there any way to change the font size on the investment pages? The rest >of the software screens seem okay, but when I get to the investment pages the >fonts get too small and "fuzzy". > >Money Premium 2007 The simple answer is no. The ways that are available are 1. Buy a bigger monitor. I know you ar...

different pages on each sheet in publisher?
I am trying to do wedding invitations, each page is 3.5 x 7.50, 3.5 x 7.75 and 3.5 x 8. How can I put one of each of these on the page? Also, How can I do tear off reply cards and have the guests names and quantity invited on each one? These are 3.5 x 8.25. Thank you On the three pages sizes, set separate files for each page making three like pages per sheet of paper. On the last page, the one with the tear off reply, you didn't say what size page it was being torn off; if it's an 8.5 x 11 just make it the bottom 3.5 inches. Seems you will be using a paper cutter extensive...

Custom dat & time code
Does anyone know if it's possible write a custom cell-format code that=20 would look like the one Excel provides (mm/dd hh:mm AM/PM) but sets the=20 time in red? I've tried "mm/dd [RED]hh:mm AM/PM," but whenever I save = it,=20 Excel moves the red bracket to the beginning of the code so the whole = thing=20 is red. Help! Any ideas? I don't think you can. You can't format formulas like this (character by character). And you can't format numbers this way, either. (Anyway, I couldn't do it.) Wuddus wrote: > > Does anyone know if it's possible ...

Print several pages to single paper
Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same page separated only with the OneNote page title? Thanks Deejay wrote: > Hi, when previewing OneNote pages each page is a separate page of > paper in print. Is there a way to have the pages follow on the same > page separated only with the OneNote page title? No, there is no such option. Rainald ...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Blank page prints with every print job
Whenever I print any type of job in MS Publisher 2002, my printer always prints a blank sheet first. It doesn't matter if it is one page document or multiple page document. Is there some sort of print/page setup that controls this? I don't want a blank page before every print job. Note that this does this on one particular printer, not all, and it only does it for a Publisher document and no others. Thanks Sounds like a printer setting. Look on your settings and see if you can find it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 200...

How to get the size of an icon?
Hi: I need insert an ActiveX conctrol in the CRichEditCtrl. code: ------------------------------------------------------- REOBJECT reobject; ... SIZEL sizel; sizel.cx = the ActiveX conctrol'width; sizel.cy = the ActiveX conctrol'height; reobject.sizel = sizel; m_richedit.GetIRichEditOle()->InsertObject(&reobject); ------------------------------------------------------- The ActiveX conctrol can display an icon.It'width is the icon'width. Question: How to get the size of an icon? Thanks! Use ::GetIconInfo ...

unable to connect to home page metrics URL
I have install GP2010 with SQL reporting services 2008. In report manager I can view the SQL reports for the company but I do not have a folder for Charts and KPIs. When I try and configure metrics for my home page I am receiving the following error "Unable to connect to home page metrics URL". How do I get these metrics created so I can use them on my home page? Thanks, Amy ...

how to verify maximum store size in exchange 2003
I went thru the steps of enabling our mailstore to be up to a maximum of 75 gig. how can I tell if I was successful in this? I believe when you make this change it shows right after in eventvwr. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 13, 3:53 pm, "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote: > I went thru the steps of enabling our mailstore to be up to a maximum of 75 > gig. > > how can I tell if I was successful in this? ...

Custom Fields/Formulas Receiving an error "NA" in Project Center
Hello All, Was wondering if I could get some help, we are running project server 2007 latest edition with all patches. And are running a custom formula. "IIf([Milestone]=Yes,"Milestone",IIf([PPC_Result]>=1,"100.00%",IIf([Baseline Start]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Finish]=ProjDateValue("NA") Or [Baseline Duration]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"No Baseline",IIf([Baseline Start]>Now(),"Baseline start in future",Format(([PPC_NUM]/[Baseline Duration]),"percent")))))" The formula runs off a ...

how do I make a fileofax size diary

Trouble with Leaving a copy on server
Hello, I have set Outlook 2003 to leave a copy on the server at my home location. But when I get to work the email is gone from server. Is there something that I am misiing to set because in Outlook 2000 all it was is a check box. thanks Eric Stoakes <estoakes@digitalcircuitsolutions.com> wrote: > I have set Outlook 2003 to leave a copy on the server at my home > location. But when I get to work the email is gone from server. Is > there something that I am misiing to set because in Outlook 2000 all > it was is a check box. That's all it is for Outlook 2003...

Problems importing customizations
Hi, I'm having difficulties with the import of customizations to a new CRM. I keep getting one of two messages, "SQL Server error occurred" or "Either the file could not be upload or import failed". The customizations file conforms with the schema, and it's size is 5.97MB. Could it be because of the amount of customizations? I have at least 70 custom entities, some of them heavily customized. Do I have to import the entities in groups of related entities? Is the substitution of the new CRM databases with the customized ones, a possible solution? Are there an...

Rotate a page to change its view in OneNote?
How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do i rotate a page to change the view in OneNote? I want to rotate a > page 90 degrees from portriat to landscape. There is no ability in ON to rotate a page, even not for pictures. But for pictures/printouts there is a powertoy: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/12/14/image-rotator-powertoy-for-onenote-2007.aspx Bernd ...

Email First Page of Worksheet Possible?
Hi, I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first page -summary report page. Is this possible? Try this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm HTH On Jan 23, 5:25=A0am, "Gerard Sanchez" <geepeeoneREMOV...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the > first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first > page -summary report page. > > Is this possible? Can excel not do this with out outlook ...

Display page breaks in normal view in Excel 2007
Hi In Excel 2003, I could click on Tools/Options and then tick the "view page breaks" box, so that I could see dotted lines representing my page sizes in workbook (normal) view, but I can't find a similar command in Excel 2007, apart from Page Break Preview" view, which doesn't really suit what I want. Can somebody help please? Why not use View|PageBreak View since in XL2007 you can still edit the worksheet in this view? If it looks too small use the zoom slider on the status bar. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email ...

Dont force a Blank Page if Field is Null !!!!!! Please Help
Hello again, Asking for some expert advise. I have a report that has two sections both with headers and footers. in the final footer I have a unbound field that if the check box is true show the field, if false, Null. it wiorks great, but here is my problem. that footer need to pring on the second page and it will if I "Force New Page" but if it is null it gives me a Blank page. I tried the grouping and Page Breaks and Footer Properties but they all seem to do the same thing or it doesnt. Please help!!!! -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is one...

3 panel brochure
Hi I'm creating a 3 panel double sided A4 landscape brochure How do I ensure the 3 panels have identical widths. I have used layout guides to create the panels, but when folded the two sides don't line up properly? Using 2007 Any pointers appreciated -- Martin ���� Are your margins the same on both sides? This can be a printer issue. When you create a landscape brochure the largest margin limitation is on the right. (See Ed's web page, http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag ) When you turn the page over to print on the back you need to adjust the pu...

Naming Custom Animations
I would like to propose Microsoft to add editable naming fields for custom animations. It would save a massive amount of time for not only a designer but for anyone else on a design team who has to edit another designer's work. Instead of saying: TEXT BOX 1, or RECTANGLE 4, or GROUP 32, a designer could add, for example: ABC LOGO, XYZ LOGO, CIRCLE FROM LEFT, CIRCLE FROM RIGHT, or whatever is appropriate. If a designer could add their own relevant name, at a later date anyone would be able to go directly to the specific animation rather than search by clicking and testi...

span a table to multiple pages
Hi, I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? Thanks! Not in Publisher. Publisher only allows 128 rows per page. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1WmV9bHJHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a very long table with 300+ rows. Instead of adding a new table to > every pages, is there a command to "span" the one table to multiple pages? >...

Custom addition formula
Using Office2000 Sp3 I use Excel a lot for historical things including eg; areas of land expressed in ACRES ROODS PERCHES which is not added in tens (similar to �/s/d). 40 perches = 1 Rood, 4 Roods = 1 Acre, 160 perches=1 acre. I have a formula which when applied to entries across 3 columns gives a decimal answer. The formula is =SUM(((D1*160))+(E1*40)+F1)/160 assuming acres are in D1, Roods E1, perches F1. Once this is decimalised I can work out ratios etc. However, I occasionally get tabbed text files or excel files from people who have entered lots of raw data as eg ARP where it would be ...

Customer/vendor consolidations
Is there a seperate module for the customer/vendor consolidations? I have a situation where a customer owes us some money and just wants to deduct the amount from what we owe them. Sounds simple enough but when I go to Tools>>Setup>>Company (directions printed from the HELP file) I don't have a Customer/Vendor Setup window. Any suggestions?? Customer/Vendor Consolidation is a separate module and will do what you're after. However, if you only need it this one time, you might want to consider simply entering a credit memo in both payables and receivables to take car...

How to turn off Page Layout View as default view
In Excel 2007 I have somehow turned on Page Layout View as my default view so that every time I open Excel or create a new workbook it is displayed in Page Layout View. I want it to open in Normal View by default. How do I change this? Thanks. -- Colin Halliday Hi Colin Click the Microsoft button (Large button top left of screen) Exel Options (Towards bottom right next to exit) Select Popular in left column (Normally defaults to this) Under "When creating new workbooks" heading. Click drop down against "Default view for new sheets" and select Normal view Regard...

MS access size issue???
Hi, Using ACCESS 2000 on Win XPPro. I have written data trawling application for a medical practice to extract data from patients records contained in serial visit records kept in a table "visits" and linked to patient details in "details" . It is basically a tool to extract serial data according to user input paremeters for reseach purposes. It has worked fine in the past, but has started to give inconsistent results for identical runs. I cannot find any programming reason for this and have begun to suspect the data or the way ACCESS is handling it. The base data ...