Margin problems printing Avery 5160 labels in Publisher

I just got a new Canon printer and all of a sudden my 5160 labels
(that used to print fine on an HP printer) are cutting off my text &
graphics inside the edge of the label.  On both the far left and far
right margin, it cuts off about 1/8" into the label as if a margin was
set.  However I can't figure out how to change my Canon printer
margins and calling Canon didn't help.

Any other solutions?  Please help!

Do you know the margin limitation of your printer? The side margin of these
labels is .19". If your Canon can't print that close, objects will be cut off.
You may have to adjust your objects.

Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"206piglet" <keri.kiefer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just got a new Canon printer and all of a sudden my 5160 labels
> (that used to print fine on an HP printer) are cutting off my text &
> graphics inside the edge of the label.  On both the far left and far
> right margin, it cuts off about 1/8" into the label as if a margin was
> set.  However I can't figure out how to change my Canon printer
> margins and calling Canon didn't help.
>
> Any other solutions?  Please help!

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Printing #24
I have set up a four page Excel document (A4) to print on both sides of A3. To print I have set up a macro but each time I opperate the macro I have to reset: Properties back to 2 pages per sheet and Advanced setting for Duplex. I am on a networked Sharp -AR C150 printer. Can I script it? Thanks mald yes. do the whole process on record macro. page setup, print ect then review code. you will see you have a lot of options. >-----Original Message----- >I have set up a four page Excel document (A4) to print on both sides of A3. >To print I have set up a macro but each time I ...

problems came up in the following areas during load
I get this message when i copy either text or a graphic from the internet (using IE)and attempt to paste it into MS Publisher. The error dialog box says "Problems During Load"...this box normally apprears 20-30 seconds after I click paste. Once I hit OK, the text or graphic will appear. It never did this before. Any suggestions? CPG Co wrote: > I get this message when i copy either text or a graphic from the internet > (using IE)and attempt to paste it into MS Publisher. The error dialog box > says "Problems During Load"...this box normally apprears 20-...

Printing problem when selecting any paper type other than plain pa
I have MSPub 2002 with XP HE and use an HP Inkjet printer cp1700. When I make my brochures I usually put a border around the edge a fill with some color. If I print one page, I have no problem, but if I ask the software to print numerous copies (anything more than 1 such as 2,3,4,etc) when it prints the second, third, forth etc copy, I always get a series of 3 lines after the top border. If I click the printer icon numerous times I do not get this problem or if I print the document in "paper type" plain paper, I do not get the problem. Does anyone ever experience this problem...

I see that Publisher 97 can be upgraded to 2003; what about 98?
I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is that right? Publisher 98 qualifies... http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/howtobuy/default.mspx#EEAA -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gigi" <Gigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B2DD01C-2139-4D96-9821-7D3E41D553D5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98 but want to upgrade to 2003. On the sales page it says > that one can only upgrade from 97 to 2003. Is...

Why won't Publisher won't let me change the Business Card Option..
I'm trying to print a business card, but for some reason Publisher won't let me change the Business Card Options settings. I want to print Multiple copies per sheet, but it won't budge from One copy per sheet. Why is it doing that, and how can I cirumvent it? siege_b wrote: > I'm trying to print a business card, but for some reason > Publisher won't let me change the Business Card Options > settings. I want to print Multiple copies per sheet, but > it won't budge from One copy per sheet. > > Why is it doing that, and how can I cirumvent it? ===...

E-mail Problem
I have an e-mail server running Windows NT4 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 sp3. When a user of mines attempts to send to one agent out side of the company we receive the below error message. What could be going on. Thanks Reason: Fatal error sending message: No legal recipients Sending message to mdeaton@custard.com -----------------First 8192 bytes of------------------- ------- Unsent message enclosed after this line ------- Received: by exchange.sgic.com from localhost (mail daemon,slmail V5.1); Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:10:11 -0500 Received: from exchange.sgic.com [10.10.10.24] by exchange.sgic.co...

Vlookup problems
I have Vlookups set up for a particular Spreadsheet. Each month I just drop the new data into the first column. Even though the number is formatted just like the previous month (i.e general, text, whatever) my vlookup formula shows #N/A. If i double click in the data cell and hit enter, the vlookup formula works. can you tell me why, or if there is a better way than clicking and hitting enter? Thanks! do you have your automatic calculation turned on? Under tools<options<calculation. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages?
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Dont' know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks It would be better to scan your documents, save to a folder and then insert them into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jll" <Jll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8958527F-8384-4E77-BD5E-F864D97807DF@microsoft.com... > When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining > Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 a...

16-bit Migration
Hi, Im tasked with converting a 16-bit MFC app to 32-bit. Ive used the MFC migration kit as a starter, however this has proved to be pretty useless :-) Bearing in mind Ive not used MFC before in any shape or form, im struggling with a file called CChildDlg.cpp. The header appears to be a stock Microsoft header, but I cant decide if the CPP has been custom written. It loads a dialog resource, then parses it and creates the window and all the controls. But its parsing by ripping raw bytes out of the resource via an incremented BYTE* and not by using DLGITEMTEMPLATE* etc. Since it seems a comm...

How do I make a spiral fill in Publisher?
I remember in the past making a circle in Publisher and then filling it with a spiral fill effect, but now I can't find it. Any ideas? Create the circle, fill, fill effects, gradients... (Publisher 2000 and below). Unfortunately this feature is gone in the newer versions. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "vermontcathy" <vermontcathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B82E1C8C-94FA-4603-8C57-AB6D5DF15870@microsoft.com... >I remember in the past making a circle in Publisher and then fil...

How do I undo write protection in MS Publisher?
Somehow my files in MS Publisher 2000 became write protected. I am trying to copy them and put them on my new computer that has MS Publisher 2003 but will only open as a read only! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Agent4u <Agent4u@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Somehow my files in MS Publisher 2000 became write protected. I am > trying to copy them and put them on my new computer that has MS > Publisher 2003 but will only open as a read only! Any suggestions > would be appreciated. If you put files onto a CD, then they automatically be...

Problem with datasheet & 64-bit installations
Once you have installed a 64-bit installation of Office, SharePoint datasheet views can't be used any longer. It's related to the ActiveX component only being compatible for 32-bit systems and not for 64-bit installations. Please refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/9eb920ba-1a02-4f0c-ae08-6e808e0269c4/?prof=required for a complete thread, I wanted to share this here because you Office guys might have some more detail on this (we hope). Should be fixed on short notice if you ask me, it's blocking me from rolling out...

Problem with "Edit in Microsoft Office Project"
We have SharePoint 2007 implemented, and I am using MSO Project 2007. I have a document library in which I store a number of project documents, including the schedule. When I go to this document library and select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project", the file opens, but it always opens in Read Only mode. The only way I can open the file and have it editable is to check it out first, then select "Edit in Microsoft Office Project". And no, the document library is not configured to require check out. Any idea why this is? ...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

Add a field to my Publisher Master Page so page titles show up?
I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles > automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? This is, unfortunately, not possible in Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Outlook 2003 rules problem on SBS 2003 server
About a month ago I lost the ability to create any new rules from client PCs running Outlook 2003, where a name from the global address list is being used. All the existing rules with GAL addresses work fine, and I am not getting any error messages, they simply do not work. All the computers are up to date, including the server. All the rules are of this variety: When message arrives from XYZ, file in folder ABC. Where the person who is XYZ is in the global address list. I am running the IMF filter. I did find the foillowing article which outlines my probem, however the solution does no...

Color documents are printing in black and white only. Why?
I've recently upgraded to the newest Publisher version and I hate it. I have been unable to print any document in color...no matter what it looks like on screen, in a print preview, and when I print, it is in greyscale/black and white. Help! Check your settings within the printer setup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bobbyesox" <Bobbyesox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE46E92-EC6D-40F2-8244-FA71F7C4D275@microsoft.com... > I've recently upgraded to the newest Pub...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

Import / DL problems
When I download my bank transactions, Money doesn't seem to grab it anymore. I used to see the pop up box that tells me I've received a file, and prompts me to place it in a certain acct. but now it just downloads it, and it doesn't import the transactions.(to any of my accounts). And it's not saving it anywhere on disk either, I did a search for any ofx file and returned nothing. What might it be? By the way, I've recently archived and removed all transactions from 2002 and 2003 from my working money file. Might this have caused some minor setting changes? Plz help?...

Excel formula problem SUMPRODUCT
Hi Guys, I have a problem with a formula adding up rows against 2 parameters. I am trying to add up rows on a report that 1) show that the actio against it is "open" and its target completion date is overdue. I have tried the following formula but it will not work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(H5:H47="OPEN")*(G5:G47="<TODAY())) This formula works if I substitute the date part with another tex parameter but will have nothing to do with dates even if I put in specific date that I know matches one from the column, I still get 0 Any ideas. Thanks in advance And -- Message ...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

How do you get rid of white borders that appear when you print?
I'm printing a full 8 1/2 by 11 flyer and want the color to print completely on the page. There is a graphic that has white in it so I need to have the printing put the background color. I have tried both to apply the color as a background and as a shape that is filled in but both times when I go to print I have a white border. I have adjusted the page size and the grid size to go to the edges. I can't find anywhere on the page set up menu where I can adjust the margins. Thanks This is a printer limitation. Newer Canon inkjets, some HP's and I'm not sure what el...

TIME CRITICAL PROBLEM.
Hi Sorry about the length of this request but I feel it may be necessary to try to show what I would like to happen. I have a workbook with 6 worksheets. The sheets are called Nov 01, Feb 02, May 02, Aug 02, Nov 02 and Jan 03. Each sheet contains ID, name, address and loan details for individual clients. Some clients have loans on all month sheets and some may only have loans for a particular month sheet. What I need to happen is to conslidate all the loans onto one sheet but only show the clients name and address details once with all loans being in individual columns. Below are...

Pasting problems
I am using excel to link with another application (from which I am taking some data). The time to get this data can vary. If it finds the data in the time I have allowed for it, it will paste this perfectly into excel. If it does not find the data in time, I assume that it is trying to paste something which is not there. I get a runtime 1004 error Paste method of worksheet class failed. Is there anyway around this. Can I write a loop procedure to only try to paste once there is something in the clipboard. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes at:...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...