Margin printing problem

I'm trying to print a document and it keeps cutting off a
tiny part of the right side of my document.  I have equal
margins on the right and left and it has no problem
printing to the left side where it should.  I'm not trying
to print borderless.  I have my layout guides at .27.  I'm
using an HP 1200 and my printer drivers are up to date.
Am I just stuck here because of this printer??  Is there
anything else I can try?

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

The HP site says you should be able to print within the margins you have specified.
Open WordPad, file, page setup, input zero into each margin, see if .167 is the
default. Some of the Windows XP printer drivers were not configured the same as the
original.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to print a document and it keeps cutting off a
> tiny part of the right side of my document.  I have equal
> margins on the right and left and it has no problem
> printing to the left side where it should.  I'm not trying
> to print borderless.  I have my layout guides at .27.  I'm
> using an HP 1200 and my printer drivers are up to date.
> Am I just stuck here because of this printer??  Is there
> anything else I can try?
>
> Thanks.

0
gsauer (5093)
2/28/2005 3:06:57 PM
I tried the margin thing in Wordpad - it comes up as .167
for everything but the right margin (my problem!) - the
right one says .333.  I'm using Windows 2000.  I was using
a Laserjet 1100 and it would print this document fine.
You like to think when you "upgrade" to a higher model,
you'd have better results!!!!!  Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/28/2005 3:46:09 PM
Same thing happen to me... I have a HP 5000, the right margin was .17 in 98. Mine
defaults to .333 as well. If I landscape the document the right side becomes .233 and
the bottom .333. Strange... Must be a HP thing.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
>I tried the margin thing in Wordpad - it comes up as .167
> for everything but the right margin (my problem!) - the
> right one says .333.  I'm using Windows 2000.  I was using
> a Laserjet 1100 and it would print this document fine.
> You like to think when you "upgrade" to a higher model,
> you'd have better results!!!!!  Thanks.

0
gsauer (5093)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

set print area #2

request to solve my problem #5

Help With Margin Formula

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Print preview distorts objects
I have an XL2000 worksheet that has 4 controls on it (one command button, and 3 radio buttons). When I print preview the worksheet, once I close the print preview window the controls become distorted in size and location. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this? Thanks, Bill ...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Printing a newsletter on 11x17 not in full size
I am trying to print my 4 page newlsetter that is 8.5x11 on 11x17 so that it is a folded newsletter. It prints on the 11x17 but it keeps printing small with crop lines. It is in the right order but not full size. PLEASE HELP What version Publisher? Are you using Publisher 2007? Are you setting up your printer first for 11 x 17? File, page setup, booklet, select custom size 8.5 x 11, click advanced on the right, select booklet in the pull down type 8.5 width 11 height -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tam Nee...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

PRINT PREVIEW #6
I REVIEW A PRINT PREVIEW AND AM OK WITH IT. I SAVE THE FILE AND WHEN I RETRIEVE THE FILE THE NEXT DAY THE PRINT PREVIEW HAS CHANGED. WHAT IS HAPPENING? -- RON What has changed? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "RON" <RON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D42919B-91FE-4B88-B932-EC5E947BB035@microsoft.com... >I REVIEW A PRINT PREVIEW AND AM OK WITH IT. I SAVE THE FILE AND WHEN I > RETRIEVE THE FILE THE NEXT DAY THE PRINT PREVIEW HAS CHANGED. WHAT IS > HAPPENING? > -- > RON ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...