making the space transparent behind an imported graphic

Hello,
I have a logo created in Adobe Illustrator.
When I cut and paste it into our newsletter, the space behind the newsletter is white.
Is there some kind of feature in Publisher to make the space behind the logo transparent?
Thank you.

What version of Publisher are you using?

What is the file format this Adobe Illustrator file is in?

--
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1941)
11/7/2003 6:10:59 PM
Publisher 2003.
Yikes! The guy who designed it it was a vector and rastor original, whatever that means.
He also said that if it was okay as an "svg" or "pdf" file, then the transparency function would work in Publisher.
Does this clarify it for you or should I ask the designer a more specific question?
Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/7/2003 6:31:29 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from jscarborough <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> Publisher 2003.
> Yikes! The guy who designed it it was a vector and rastor original,
> whatever that means.
> He also said that if it was okay as an "svg" or "pdf" file, then the
> transparency function would work in Publisher. Does this clarify it
> for you or should I ask the designer a more specific question?

Microsoft Publisher cannot import SVG or PDF files.  However, if you can
obtain the file in WMF format, then only areas where there is content will
appear opaque.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Word 2007 Import Excel spreadsheet from Workbook
Help I would like to insert an excel spreadsheet from an Excel Workbook into a Word 2007 document. Normally I would insert object create from file, spreadsheet, no problem. How do I get just one workbook sheet into Word without breaking out each spreadsheet? Also, we are using compatability mode to 97-2003 -- Thanks for the help Copy and Paste -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "tinks" <tinks...

Make off setting entries to the cash account
How do I make entries in the cash account for reconciliation purposes and not have the off setting entry show up on my reports or in my budget? Currently I have a cash account called "Write-Off" and I transfer the amount needed to reconcile from "Cash" to "Write-Off". Thanks, Jason In microsoft.public.money, Jason wrote: >How do I make entries in the cash account for reconciliation purposes and not >have the off setting entry show up on my reports or in my budget? You can use transactions with no category, if you are not using the Business version. ...

How to make sure each cell has bigger number than previous
Hello, I have a price list that has 4 columns of pricing for each part number (we have 4 levels of distribution). The price in column C should be less than D; D should be less than E; E should be less than F; and F should be less than G. There are over 1500 rows in this price list, so doing this be eye is not really feasible. Is there a way I can automate this process and have Excel flag any cells that don't follow the above rule? Thanks. Mark Use conditional formatting with a formula in say c2 of =C2<D2 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gma...

import data from works 3.0 on windows 3.1
I am trying to save some files for a woman who's husband just died and left all his business inventory in an old format. The files where created in an old DOS database program called PowerBase. I can export the files as several different formats and open them in Windows 3.1 (on the same machine). I then export them to TAB delimited txt files. The problem is when I transfer them to a "new" machine (windows XPPro) I can't open them in excel. I believe the problem is with the txt encoding type used by Works 3.0 in windows 3.1. If I open them in notepad on the XPPro machi...

How do I make a Bar Graph?
How do I make a bar graph for class results? I tried and i came to step 2 of 4 and i dint not understand what i had to do at that part so if you could please help me or respond before tomarrow thank you You must start with proper data. If you're plotting student scores, you need two columns like this, with a title over only the values. The data can be anywhere in the worksheet, not necessarily starting in cell A1. Score Alice 87 Bobby 65 Cindy 83 David 91 Elena 77 Select the entire range of data, or select just a single cell in the data. Start the chart...

csv file import
I have tried and succeeded in importing a .csv file into excel. This file has numerical values. After converting the file, I try and add a few of the numbers in one of the colunms and my answer is always #VALUE; which tells me those numbers are being read as values and not numbers. HOW do I import the file or what changes do I need to make in order to get those numbers to be seen as Numerical after the file is imported? If you can change the name of the file you are importing into excel to one ending in .txt you will get the import wizard open and that will allow you to change formatt...

Import Addresses from Netscape to Outlook
Need to Export/import address book from Netscape Communicator 4.76 to Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625). Please help. Use Outlook Express as the intermediate step. Import into OE and then Export to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bob Frank <bgf@jgatech.com> asked: | Need to Export/import address book from Netscape Communicator 4.76 to | Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625). Please help. ...

Linking to an Embedded Graphic
I have built an excel workbook template that has 10-12 worksheets - I have our company logo on the top of each worksheet and having 10-12 embedded jpg's in each workbook takes up too much space. How do I embedd the graphic in the first worksheet and then LINK to it from each of the other worksheets. I know this must be very easy, but I've not found the documentation on how to do it so far. Jonathan - Make a hyperlink to the cell under the top left corner of the graphic. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html ____...

Make a bell curve chart
i have a spreadsheet with results of a 5k race, 950 finishers. i am trying to make a bell curve chart that shows the rate at which finishers come in; i changed the time to a decimal by using the formula "=(C2-INT(C2))*24" that helped, and i now have a valid line chart i trying to show that the majority of finishers are between 8 - 11 minutes, some before and lots after. any ideas on this? jackeen - I suggest that you consider using a histogram, i.e., a column chart of a frequency distribution. (The histogram may or may not have a bell shape, depending on your data....

Make $100 Daily From Internet Working 3/4 hours..
Make $100 Daily From Internet Working 3/4 hours.. Make THis Good Amount For working only 3 to 4 hours dily on internet with http://cashplus.freehostia.com No investment needed to do this its free http://cashplus.freehostia.com ...

Import/Export Problem #2
I'm having problem importing contacts from Excel to Outlook. The problem happens with phone numbers. The Outlook translator subtracts 8589934592 from the original phone number. For example. if i have 9177934249 in Excel, once imported the number becomes 587999657 when displayed in Outlook. Is this a bug? What's the fix? Also, when exporting contacts from Outlook to Excel, the output for phone numbers (business, fax, mobile, etc) is 0. Again, bug? what's the fix? ...

source import file corrupt
I am trying to import 1000 accounts and get the message "source import file corrupt". Even though whilst importing 30 accounts it's ok. Any solutions for this problem, please. /Lotten I found the error. You cannot have the sign + in the phone number column... /Lotten "Lotten Holm" wrote: > I am trying to import 1000 accounts and get the message "source import file > corrupt". Even though whilst importing 30 accounts it's ok. Any solutions for > this problem, please. > > /Lotten ...

Importing Excel into Access
Posting this here as hopeful other Excel users have had the same experience and know the fix... I'm running Access 2003 and Excel 2003. I opened Access Clicked File | Open Selected an excel spreadsheet and clicked Open Access goes to work and then gives me this message... Error 1706: No valid source code could be found for product OT2004. The windows installer can not continue. I click cancel and then Access seems to let me import the Excel fille OK. What is the Error message all about? thanks for any help - tmb ...

White Space
My priv.mdb is 15.3 gig, but there is about 3 gig of white space. Has anyone run like this for any period of time, and could it cause problems? Yes, and it doesn't create any problems. The white space gets filled up with newer messages. I wouldn't run an offline defrag unless i was low on disk space, had huge amounts of free space, or perhaps approaching the 16Gb limit on std edition (sp2 raises it to 75gb) but at 15 Gigs you're not looking at more than 3-4 hours of down time (depending on your storage config, of course.. ) should you want to do offline defrag/compact. Mo...

Imported Projects doesn't show and a few other ?
I'm run Project Server 2007 and Project Pro 2007 on Windows 7. I have a project created in Project 2007. I import it using the Project Guide. The ressources are created, but the project doesn't show up in Project Center (PWA). I check the project in when I exit Project Pro. I read another thread where it said I had to publish it using File - Publish. I can't seem to find that in Project Pro 2007. I'm testing a few other things. When creating a new project in PWA (not using Project Pro) and adding tasks and resources to it (myself just to test). I assign myself...

Using Data Import with URLs and Pointers
Would it be possible for me to generate a URL with a pointer, and then importing data from that URL which was just created from using pointers? For example, in column A, I'd like stock symbols. In column B, I'd like the website address to be a function of what's in column A. Column C should be a data import of data from that website. A Stock Symbol B URL Address C Revenue AAPL =concatenate("http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ is?s=",a2,"+Income+Statement&annual") $65,225,000 MSFT =concatenate("http...

Import 1.2 Workflow rules into 3.0
Does anyone know how I can import my 1.2 workflow rules into version 3.0? I am receiving an error in 3.0 that my 1.2 xml workflow file is unsupported. Thanks, Rhett importing 1.2 rules via the wfimport tool into 3.0 is not supported. But existing 1.2 rules will be upgraded into 3.0 rules during the server upgrade. I know this is painful. but you can install 1.2 in your test env, install the workflow rules. upgrade the crm server. you will have 3.0 rules in the system. Now if you want you can export it out via the wfexport tool. and reimport it on any 3.0 server. ...

Graphic Visualization of data on Excel
Hi Tom, Thanks for sharing your knwoledge with me. Now I made the graph successfully using Pivottable Chart. But I like to ask futher that,should we select the cell from another sheet at the same time in order to make the graph. Because I wanted to add the name of database (sheet 1) with username,ids ( sheet 2). Is that possible? Also how should we hide all the contents or an Excelsheet of pivot table ,which comes with pivot table chart. Thanks. Bilal. Hi not sure what you want to achieve with your first question :-) For the secon one just select your sheets to hide and go to 'Forma...

Import CSV with Import Specification
Please help. I seperated my three questions to keep this organized. I want the data in a CSV file to be added to an already existing table. I have created an import specification called "Disks" and the data should be imported using that. But how can this be done? Thanks. Look in VBA Help for the TransferText method. The second argument (I, think) is the name of the saved import spec. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "shmoussa" wrote: > Please help. I seperated my three questions to keep this organized. I > want the data in a CSV file to be added to an alre...

How can I make an activity calendar for 3 months?
So could someone help me please On Fri, 14 May 2010 16:09:01 -0700, emma dillon <emmadillon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >So could someone help me please Certainly, Emma. But you will have to help us help you. We have no idea even what *computer program* you're using. Microsoft Access? Word? Outlook? You can build a calendar in any of these three programs, but they will be very different. We also have no idea what you want it to look like or work like. Is this for your personal use? for multiple employees of a company sharing a database? or what? For how...

import csv file
How can I get excel to import a csv file with entries like "000111" and format it as text My database creates a csv file to load into excel It contains a name and a id field eg "joe bloggs","jb01" this loads into excel no problem both columns formatted as text as needed unfortunately some of the ids begin with zero and only contain numbers when loaded into excel they are convereted to numbers and leading zeros chopped off. I need them to stay as text I can make excel display leading zeros - but its still a formatted as a number - no good! Using a '...

Hyperlink issue with graphic files
I want to change the program Excel uses to view a JPG hyperlink from Internet Explorer to Paint or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I have changed this setting on Folder Options in Contrrol Panel for all jpg files, but Excel ignores this setting and uses Internet Explorer anyway... How can I get Excel to honor my Folder Options setting? ...

Easiest way to make unique reference field
Hi all. I'm trying to create an automatic numerically incrementing number filed for new records created (training course records to indicate the course number) From what I gather this is a complex task for MS CRM so I had an idea to use the unique id created by the system as my ID. (However not sure it would appear as a sensible number to use) But it seems you can't display the primary key for a record as a filed or use work flow to assign it to another field. Anyone solved this? Advice gladly accepted. Hi Pat, Option 1. One (unsupported) is to put a trigger against the entity ...

Importing large text file into Excel
I am trying to import a text file into excel which has some 101200 rows, when I import it into excel 2002, it only imports 65536 rows. Is there any way that I can import all the data into the current worksheet? Any help is appreciated. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q120596 you can't import all the data into the current sheet (XL97 and later sheets are limited to 65536 rows), but you can import it into multiple sheets, then cut and paste to different columns (as long as you don't go over 256 columns). That could be added to the macr...

Importing mail enabled contact\listed in only new address list not
We are importing 3500 mail enabled contacts into AD from an other organization that we work with. We dont want them listed in the GAL, we only wanted them listed in a new address list such as Company A. Is this possible. Yes it should be possible but it will require a modification of your existing GAL to exclude the new contacts rather than hide them: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823151/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Nue "brian4@mail.com" <brian4mailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D314ECBE-AF87-4285-B3BE-43AEB7838EF5@micr...