Making page fit inserted picture

I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6".  How do I make the
Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture,
so that the page is the same size as the picture)
0
Jeancho (1)

Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6.
If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple
copies per page.
It would help to know what version Publisher you are using.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6".  How do I make the
> Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture,
> so that the page is the same size as the picture)

0
mary.sauer (2018)
10/2/2008 7:36:54 PM
Jeancho wrote:
> I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6".  How do I
> make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space
> around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture)
====================================
Just wondering why you would want to do that?
Sounds like you would be better served with an
image editing program.

--

    John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
10/2/2008 9:45:12 PM
thank you

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Jeancho wrote:
> > I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6".  How do I
> > make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space
> > around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture)
> ====================================
> Just wondering why you would want to do that?
> Sounds like you would be better served with an
> image editing program.
>
> --
>
>     John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
Justin7863 (92)

when a great lot items insert into listctrl,how to avoid freeze problem?
For example,I insert 5000 items into listctrl,it can not display the result and freeze a while. How do I proceed the display and which notify message should be proposed? Thanks in advance! Well, you haven't really defined what you mean by "freeze". For example, if you have a loop that adds 5000 items, all at once, there is an excellent chance that because you are not getting back to the main message pump in your main GUI thread that you simply aren't going to see the data until all 5000 have been added. If it takes a while to add 5000 items, then you will see your whole a...

inserting datestamps
I have a cell that changes from "In Process" to "Completed" once a series of tasks have been completed in the worksheet. Once that cell changes to "Completed", I need another cell to generate a date stamp, and then never change thereafter. Been trying circular references using the following formula =IF(C34="Completed",IF(I34=0,TODAY(),I34),"0"), however I continually get either 1/1/1900 or nothing at all as the result. Open to any ideas. Thanks. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otte...

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

If Insert Fails, then Update
Hi Everyone, I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, I just want to update a few fields. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance for your kind consideration Pat. Pat Backowski wrote: >I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy >enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, >I just want to update a few fields. Sounds like a two step process. First, update the existing records: UPDATE tbl2 SET tbl2.fa = tbl1.fa ...

Can't customize the Outlook Today Page
I ma having trouble customizing the "OutLook Today" page in outlook 2000. Everytime I click on the Costomize Outlook Today, nothing happens, I can drag it to the desktop, it will open then, but it won't save any of the settings. I have removed and loaded outlook and still nothing. I have tried running the repair option on office and that doesn't work either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is happening under both XP and Win98 SE. I believe all update have been added. -- Regards, Bob Frost Canterbury House Bed and Breakfast 802.457.3077 Bob <bo...

How Calculate How Many Toolbars Will Fit On a Frame "Row"
Hello, I have several toolbars that I'd like to display on as few "frame rows" as possible. Since the User may change display resolution I can't hardcode which toolbars should be displayed on a row and I therefore need to calculate how many will fit at runtime. To do this I get the size in screen units of the Frame that holds the toobars and then, for each toolbar, I get the size (again in screen units) of the toolbar and use that to calculate how much "space is remaining" on the row. If there's enough room left I add the toolbar to the row and if not I star...

Comments-Format all Comments-Prior to making
I know the answer will be NO. But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a selected font size? And, stay that way for all future comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Harry's GMail World" <harryhill2475@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187142498.839269.153490@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I know the answer will be NO. > > But, some way to format ALL the comments so that they will be a > selected font size? > > And, stay that way for all future comments. > I'm glad...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Pictures #6
How do you save all the pictures at once to a folder. When I select all, I don't see that option. ...

Warning while inserting lines in Excel 2000
I have a worksheet with about 4000 lines of data. I am trying to insert lines into the worksheet but I get the following warning and I can't insert the line: "To prevent possible loss of data Microsoft Excel can not shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." I have recently inserted a pivot table as a separate worksheet and I did not have this problem before then, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence. Try to reset the used range. Excel thinks that you have data in the last rows/columns http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

Urgent: How can make a delivery note
Hi, how can I print a delivery Note in POS ,which contain only the quantities and customer info (No Prices) and Delivery order in Header. thanks ...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

construct A4 landscape to make 4 sided menu cards
I want to create an A4 landscape menu with a front , back and centre. It should be an A4 word document which turns into A5 when folded in half to create a 4 sided menue? Once this is evident I need to be able to construct text each side individually? Please reply to:- steve@lacey25.orangehome.co.uk If you have Word 2000, you can use the "2 pages per sheet" setting in Page Setup. If you have Word 2002 or above, use "Book fold" in the same place ("Multiple pages" setting on the Margins tab of Page Setup). Or see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/B...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

Make subtotals 100%
My column fields are 'Years'I want in the first column of 2002 every subtotal number to represent 100%. I then want year 2003 subtotal numbers increase/decrease to show the new percentage e.g. 2002 subtotal 1 [43] [[100%]] subtotal 2 [165] [[100%]] 2003 subtotal 1 [45] [[104.65%]]subtotal 2 [171] [[103.64%]] Try this against a copy of your worksheet. Do your data|subtotals. But then convert the =subtotal() formulas to values (maybe do the whole worksheet and get rid of the formulas???) Then use the outlining symbols on the left to show only the subtotal lines you want. Then sel...

numbering pages in footer
In the old excel, 1997, we could start a new page with a different page number rather than 1. I have many pages in one worksheet and many worksheets. I want the numbering footer to continue with each worksheet I prepare, and print them out at different times. I will finish one worksheet and print, and use this while working on a new worksheet, but want the next page to start where the last worksheet ended. I know you can do this by added all the worksheets together on a single worksheet and group them, however I work them at different times. On the 1997 version, you would simple ...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

Insert Text From Different Cell
I would like to enter a company name, such as "ABC Co" in a cell o sheet1 and then on sheet2 have a cell with text "Proposal for ABC Co". I would also like to be wildly rich. Can anyone help with either o those -- Jorad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Joradi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2686 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40105 Lets say you manually enter in Sheet1, cell A1 ABC Co In sheet2, cell A1, enter ="Proposal for " & Sheet1...

cannot open inserted objected in worksheet
I have a worksheet with an inserted objected. When I double-click to open I get "cannot start source application". I had a look at the Microsoft KB. I am using Excel 2000 (Office 2000) on a W2k PC. Thanks, Camroc. Hi what kind of object is this (do you have the master application which created this object?) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Camroc" <hannonc@eircom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eytPNjG5EHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have a worksheet with an inserted objected. > > When I double-click to open I get "cannot start ...

Receipt and rendered picture?
I know you can do it on reports, but is it possible to include the item picture on the register based on a hyperlink? I know I'm running the risk of slowing the whole thing down terribly too. I'm trying to use the picture to "support"/display another language. I'm admittedly not up to speed on XML and will likely be getting a book tonight... How about something like this? Entry.Item.PictureName or #concat("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Pictures" _ Entry.Item.Picturename# <PICTURE> <FILENAME> E...