Making cards --2 to a 8 1/2 x 11 page

I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc.  I want 2 cards to a
page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  What happened to the old Picture It!
Publisher 2001?
0
Holt (2)

Do you want to make these cards in Publisher?

If you do, look at page setup, folded card, tent card, width 4.25, height 5.5.
Publisher will say it will print two pages per sheet

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"A Holt" <A Holt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc.  I want 2 cards to a
> page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  What happened to the old Picture It!
> Publisher 2001?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/2/2007 7:44:52 PM
Mary--thank you for your response --would you walk me through this?  I have
spent most of the day trying to figure this out on Publisher  and Word 2007.
I can pick out the card size  but I am not given a choice of "print 2 to a
page".  I didn't have a choice that was "tent size" either.  Ann

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Do you want to make these cards in Publisher?
>
> If you do, look at page setup, folded card, tent card, width 4.25, height 5.5.
> Publisher will say it will print two pages per sheet
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "A Holt" <A Holt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc.  I want 2 cards to a
> > page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  What happened to the old Picture It!
> > Publisher 2001?

0
AHolt (1)
12/2/2007 8:39:07 PM
I have tried to sort out a top fold card in 2007. I am really very frustrated
with Publisher's page setup.
I simply don't know what to tell you.

If it were me I would setup a custom page 4.25 x 11.

Click Custom Page Size, expand Layout type, click Multiple pages per sheet,
width 4.25 height 11.  Type zero in all the margins and gaps except for sheet
size. You should see 2 columns of 1. Give this custom page a name. Okay out.

 If you want your card to be 5.5 x 8.5 change the sheet width to 11 x 8.5

Use the guides to divide the page in half, add a page. Page one will be the
front and back of your card. If you use a colophon it will have to be manually
rotated 180 degrees. Page two will be the bottom and top of the inside of your
card.

Remember to put margin guides on your pages. For example, Arrange, type .3 in
all the margins, grid guides, 2 rows, .6 spacing.

Print current page, turn the card over, print current page again.

I hope this helps. Maybe you can find a better way, if you do let me know.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary--thank you for your response --would you walk me through this?  I have
> spent most of the day trying to figure this out on Publisher  and Word 2007.
> I can pick out the card size  but I am not given a choice of "print 2 to a
> page".  I didn't have a choice that was "tent size" either.  Ann
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Do you want to make these cards in Publisher?
>>
>> If you do, look at page setup, folded card, tent card, width 4.25, height
>> 5.5.
>> Publisher will say it will print two pages per sheet
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "A Holt" <A Holt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc.  I want 2 cards to a
>> > page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.  What happened to the old Picture It!
>> > Publisher 2001?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Gift Cards Implementation
Hi. I need advice on how to travel here please. I have 10 stores and an HQ setup. I want to implement a gift card that is barcoded. Here is what I envision: 1) All barcodes of giftcards are in the system and they have a dollar value against them. 2) Gift card is then scanned and made active somehow at the POS ?????? (How?) 3) Money received goes to a common enterprise account and z-report is modified to remove reporting of gift cards as this money does NOT belong to the store. 4) Profit Margin report is reworked to remove seeing sales of gift cards as the sale will stuff up the profit m...

Createing Quote sometimes make Error: 80070057
Hello NG, Today I found some funny problems. I create Quotes via the quote WebService from the CRM. This normally works fine, but now I have some quotes, which will get me an error, when I open it. This error is no normal error, I will get an white/yellow Page with ASPX Errorpage: Here the Message (sorry but I only have this error in German): Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Falscher Parameter. Beschreibung: Beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung ist ein unverarbeiteter Fehler aufgetret...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

Both sides of a report page
Is there a way to utilize both sides of a report page as if printing a book? On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:06:03 -0800, TRS <TRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to utilize both sides of a report page as if printing a book? Yes. But it is dependant on the printer your using, not on Access. Chuck -- ...

replacing a credit card account with a new account with same institution
My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th enew account and no transactions. Any advice would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, jeff.messett@gmail.com wrote: >My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on >the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge >these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th >enew account and no transactions. Any advice...

Can't Make this Work
I create a new Datasheet form from tlPB and get the "FIRST SQL VIEW". I then select DirectoryID and from the Row Source, I get the "SECOND SQL VIEW". I then select DeptID and from the Row Source, I get the "THIRD SQL VIEW". DirectoryID and DeptID are both Combo Boxes. Problem I want only those DeptID's that are related to the DirectoryID that has been entered in the Datasheet. Can someone show me how this is done? -------------------------------------------------------- FIRST SQL VIEW SELECT tblPB.PBID, tblPB.DirectoryID, tblPB.DeptID FROM t...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

How do i apply a background to only half the page?
How do i apply a background to only half the page? clueless wrote: > How do i apply a background to only half the page? ================================ One way would be to add the background and then create a text box / resize it and reposition it to cover half of the page and type Ctrl+T to make it opaque (white). -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk How about filling a rectangle or text box? -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouv...

Comparing 4 dates and getting 1 headache
Hi everyone, I have a problem hopefully some one can help me out with. I have the following 4 dates… Beginning Date of Service Ending Date of Service Eligible Beginning Date of Service Eligible Ending Date of Service I need a formula that will compare the Beginning Date of Service to the Eligible Beginning Date of Service, if the Eligible date is later it will take that if is earlier then it will take the Beginning Date of Service and compare it to the Ending Date of Service if the Eligible Ending Date of Service is later then the Ending Date of Service or the Ending Date of Serv...

make a Year to date column
Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column? Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show nothing until there is a figure in J. Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column. Thank you ... Try something like this in say, K2, copied down: =IF(J2="","","<yourCumuYTDformul...

how to make a view (without a title bar) draggable?
Hi, I want to create a listbox (using CWnd::CreateEx()) as a child view of the main view. But the lustbox must not have a menu bar and a title bar. How can I make this listbox child view draggable (but not resizable)? Please help. Thanks. Tony Handle OnMouseMove() at the Listbox level and send a WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN message with wParam = HTCAPTION to the listbox itself. Something like void CYourListBox::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { SendMessage( WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, HTCAPTION, 0 ); // CListBox::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point); } -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --...

email 11-05-07
DQoiY2FybG9tYXJ6YW5vIiA8Y2FybG9tYXJ6YW5vQGVtYmFycW1haWwuY29tPiB3cm90ZSBpbiBt ZXNzYWdlIG5ld3M6TzlSMW1YMUhJSEEuNTE2MEBUSzJNU0ZUTkdQMDUucGh4LmdibC4uLg0KPiAN Cj4gDQo+ ...

Save Worksheet As HTML Page
Hi there I recorded a macro to do a simple html export that is assigned to a button. This works fine. The VBA code is Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 9/02/2006 by rulebr ' ' With ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects("Brady Standard Quote 7.2.06_23158") .HtmlType = xlHtmlStatic .Publish (False) End With End Sub Id like to add a few more in the file name it saves it to.Through vba code is there a way to make the file that is save with the following file name format. QuoteNo_1000_cell(D10)_todaysdate.htm So an example would...

How do I update my Outlook (standalone) to SR-1?
I use a stand alone copy of Outlook on my laptop with Windows ME. I would like to update the outlook to SR-1 so I can use some Franklin Planning Software I have. Any links or help is much appreciated. Jed Go to http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads and click on the option to "Check for updates" and allow it to find what updates you need. It will automatically install the ones you select. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. &...

Copied Objects to new Page Move Around
Hello, I am trying to copy a set of interconnected Visio objects from one file to another. The copy itself seems to work okay, however, once the objects are pasted in the new, blank document, Visio goes ahead and re-organizes all the objects the way it wants to. Is there any way to STOP Visio from re-arranging pasted objects? Thanks in advance (I hope).... Keith C. Jakobs, MCP what kind of drawing? -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Keith Jakobs, MCP" <elohir@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OObzafNrFHA.1724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, >...

Publisher 03, how do I apply a change to all pages in a calendar?
I created a 12-page calendar - a full page per month. How can I change a font and have it apply to all 12 pages? Similarly, how can I add a graphic and have it show on all pages? Thanks! Click the font scheme, it should be on the calendar task bar, if not open it from the format menu. Select a font scheme or create one of your own. The graphic is simple enough, insert it on the first page, paste it on the next 11. It should paste exactly where it was placed on page one. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EddieP...

Web Page doesn't display in e-mail.
When someone sends me web page via e-mail, the web page does not open properly. Instead, I get a bunch of lines that are embedded links in the web page. Is there anyway to have the web page open correctly when I open the e-mai? ...

How to set time on x-axis of a bar graph?
I want to make a graph that has the x-axis labels a full 24 hour period. I have data points at random times during the day and I want to express that in the graph. For example, if I have 5 at 7:00, 2 at 7:40, and 3 at 11:00, I want it to show that the 5 and 2 are closer together than the 9, for example that there were more occurances at 7, none between then, and 1 at 11:00? In a bar (or column) chart, the x-axis is a <category> axis not a numeric one. This means the x-values are treated as text and each is equally spaced from the other. You might consider an XY chart with 100% n...

How do I make a Switchboard in Access 2003?
My real question is: How can I get back my switchboard manager I had with Access 97 in my present Access 2003. Don't know where it was in '97 but in 2003 goto Tools - Database Utilities - Switchboard Manager Tony wrote: >My real question is: How can I get back my switchboard manager I had with >Access 97 in my present Access 2003. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 "Tony" <tonstannysman@hotmail....