Make Publisher default font and line spacing preferences availabl.

When bringing a mixture of text and graphics (in an ad for example) into one
publisher file from another publisher file, publisher automatically changes
the font of the imported box to Perpetua and changes the line spacing to 5.96
or something.  I am assuming there is a way for this NOT to happen but I
can't find it and it's not obvious in any of the help menus.
0
John1063 (943)

Making business cards
The answer to this question may be simple, but it sure isn't intuitive. I'm using Word X to make business cards for my wife's photography studio. I've put together a design in one card-holder space, in the upper-left-hand corner. Then I call up Data Merge Manager and hit the "propagate" button. And, yes, the card propagates. But on each card except the first is a <<Next Record>> message that I can't get rid of, and that actually prints out. Obviously it thinks I'm doing a data merge. How do I work around that? Thanks! Dan Kennedy ...

Publisher Mail Merge
I have a publisher file that I'm using in a mail merge. I'd like to print a different image or picture on each sheet. Does anyone know if you can have an image / picture / object as part of the changing data in a mail merge in Publisher? You will need to purchase Publisher 2003 which has this feature. Release date probably September, but don't know if it has been announced yet. -- ...

how do you change a save in path in publisher.
In order to change a default font, I am told to create a nor.pub file and save as, but to change the save in path. don't know how to do that. can any body explain so a dummy can understand? -- Dennis in layout Dennis <olddodge@charter.net> was very recently heard to utter: > In order to change a default font, I am told to create a nor.pub file > and save as, but to change the save in path. don't know how to do > that. can any body explain so a dummy can understand? You're actually instructed to create a normal.pub file rather than a nor.pub file. To change the...

Default mail settings Question
Outlook 2000. MS-Word is my default mail editor and when I click for a new email it defaults to a size 10 font. I would like it larger but don't see where the setting is. When Word itself starts it defaults to 12. -- Thanks in advance... Bob In Outlook; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Fonts... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:7tBad.794$HG3.658@lakerea...

Autoflow bug when publishing to html
I made a newsleter, some text boxes auto flowed into others, saved as html, no proble later I edited the file in publisher and after publishing as html I noticed the previous typing persisted so I now had duplicate paragraphs, looked bad in explorer looked ok in publisher To fix it I pasted the text into separate boxes without autoflow and it worked o Still having a problem where I cant mass mail the publication, I get an instant reply from outloo Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject: News from Lease +Loan Maste Sent: 2/18/2004 2:23 P The fol...

Defaulting date field
Hi How can I default a date field to the first of the current month and year? Thanks Regards ...

saving ms publisher files in a different file format
I create a business card in microsoft publisher 2000. I save it. It saves as a .pub file. If I want to use the file in email or paint shop or whatever, none of my programs will accept .pub files. And, publisher won't let me save the file as a .jpg, .gif, or anything like that. How do I save or convert or ? a publisher file in another file format so I can insert it into email, word, paint shop, or any software program I need to use it in? Appreciate any help, Nancy refer to http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column16.asp and http://www.mvps.org/publisher/compatibility.html -- ...

How can I save a publisher file in a format that can be emailed.
I produce a small newsletter in Publisher. I would like to be able to save it in a format that can be emailed, not as a publisher file, which takes too long to download. willie*the*weeper wrote: >I produce a small newsletter in Publisher. I would like > to be able to save it in a format that can be emailed, > not as a publisher file, which takes too long to download. ============== Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Pri...

publisher 2003-can't see inserted pictures. Ok with word
I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see pictures in word or powerpoint. Any suggestions? -- Ellen View, Pictures, Detailed display... If that doesn't work read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ellen" <rico*yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF546A8E-1A34-4752-A4BC-D5BB7940496D@microsoft.com... >I cannot see pictures that have been inserted into Publisher 2003. I can see > pictures in word...

Macro with line graph
Dear, I have huge data with different headers. I want to plot a single line graph linked with a validation with the list of all the headers. The data in the line graph should reflect only the selected header among the list. For example, In the below example i should have a button command with the validation list of all the three headers below apples, oranges and grapes. By selecting oranges in the list, the line graph should pick only the data from colA and colC.. like wise ColA ColB ColC Cold Row1 Time Apples Oranges Grapes Row2 12:00 ...

How to make Microsoft CRM Read-Only fields
I am trying to design a form that includes some information that cannot be changed by users. But I know that Microsoft CRM cannot have Read-Only fields. Please help me with work around solution. If you have any solution, please email me at may.fan@metrixtechnologies.com Thank you very much! May Well you cannot make a field read only in a standard install. It may be possible to change the source code to a form but that would be unsupported. one option would be to have a picklist as a business required field. You could then attach event code to this field which could help validate the ot...

Screen Font Smoothing
Hello I working on an App where I need to ensure that the screen font smoothing type is Standard and NOT ClearType. To do this I'm using this block of code SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETFONTSMOOTHING TRUE 0 SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE | SPIF_SENDCHANGE) SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE FE_FONTSMOOTHINGSTANDARD 0 SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE | SPIF_SENDCHANGE); In order for me to use the constants SPI_SETFONTSMOOTHINGTYPE and FE_FONTSMOOTHINGSTANDARD WinUser.h specifies ...

Setting Up Equity Line Of Credit
I'm using Money Plus Deluxe 2007. I've opened an account with my primary bank that is a Equity Line Of Credit. The account is available online but Money doesn't download the activity like it does with my checking account. During setup of the new account it didn't prompt me for a bank name. What have I missed? Thanks, James Sorry, Money had added the account already and I didn't see it. James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:Os%234AkFvIHA.4560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I'm using Money Plus Deluxe 2007. I've opened a...

Publisher-Color changes do not show up in Print Preview- Why not?
Hi... I have changed the color of several pictures and fonts on my business cards and logos, but they do not show up when I select "PRINT PREVIEW." How do I get the colors to be the ones that I have selected? I assume you are using Pub 2007. There is a known bug, usually associated with certain HP printers, that causes this. Change your default printer to something else, preview it, then print it with your usual printer. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Rebekka" <Rebekka@discussions.m...

Lost my publisher 2000 disk. Need to reinstall it. What can I do?
I lost my MS publisher 2000 disk when i moved houses. I bought a new computer recently and want CD to install it. What can i do now? Actually, Microsoft is still replacing keys for Office 2000. I called and asked. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Margolotta" <naggingdoubt@thebackofyourmind.invalid> wrote in message news:0001HW.C002FA1001D3BE75F0407550@news.ngroups.net... > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 06:33:37 +0000, John Inzer wrote > (in article <#1dsu3JJGHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>): > >> ram wrote: >>> I lost my MS publisher 2...

Trying to make an sales quotation spreadsheet using ten thousand .
I am trying to build a quotation device for my sales team. We have over ten thousand parts that they manually have to scroll through is there anyway to get Excel to have a drop down menu that pulls the vendor and the model number at the same time? ...

Text Printer Fonts
How can I allow my Generic Text printer to access more than the default CPI fonts? Can I make my laser printer fonts available for my Generic Text printer? You can't! If you want your laser printer fonts available your laser printer must be the active printer driver. What *exactly* are you trying to achieve? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<...

line item void
Is it possible to track a line item void in RMS? This would be prior to tendering, if a cashier rings an item and deletes the item prior to tender. Thanks "Max" wrote: > Is it possible to track a line item void in RMS? This would be prior to > tendering, if a cashier rings an item and deletes the item prior to tender. > > Thanks > We really need this funtion if there isnt one yet. Your cashiers can rip you off all day long. You can prevent a cashier from being able to delete line items. it is an option in each cashier's rights setup. Marc "...

how do i save chart formats as default
I can make a presentation in minutes if only i could keep formatting on my charts and graphs. As it is, it takes me about 4 hours because i have to change fonts, colors, bars, etc... In Excel help there is a topic entitled: "Create, share, or delete your own chart types" Does that help? -- David Biddulph "jalooney" <jalooney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22CD6557-6675-4A97-BE09-5D1DE3933927@microsoft.com... >I can make a presentation in minutes if only i could keep formatting on my > charts and graphs. As it is, it takes me about 4 hou...

Line graphs
I need to get a line graph, with two lines on, chosing which data goes on which line. I have had lots of trouble trying to do this already.. Anyone help? Thank you! Tell us more about how the data is set out on worksheet; and how the choice is made for Line A or Line B best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme <milly-p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7d815e92-0757-4835-99a1-f70bff00465e@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com... >I need to get a line graph, with two lines on, chosing which data goes > on which line. I have had lots of trouble t...

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

Comment Line Length
Is there a way to length the comment lines on a packing slip, invoice, order or vendor purchase order? Some of our items have a very detailed description as a part many have hundreds of uses/description code Thank you Line item comments are stored in the SOP_LINE_CMT_WORK_HIST table (SOP10202). The comment field is an array of 4 strings each restricted to 50 characters. I am not sure you have any options here, other than a customization. Here is an idea: 1) Create a VBA customization on your Line Item Detail Entry window in SOP that will store the comment in a custom SQL table. At ...

insert/paste image preferences
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have set up a template in Word 2008 for some scientists to use. The insert/paste pictures preference is set up as 'in line with text', but the documents that images are being pasted from are not, which means that when the scientists paste in the images, the wrapping is incorrect. <br><br>I have told them how to manually fix this, but I'm trying to minimise the amount of formatting they have to do to the document as they still haven't fully bought in to the idea of using text styles etc. Is...

What formats can I insert directly into publisher (i.e. PDF)
I know I cannot insert PDFS and have been changing them to JPEGs but this reduces the quality is there a better format I should be changing them to ? Thanks Wendy Might try this If you are asking about print publication: Converting PDF Files So that they can be imported into Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/convertpdf -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5DB0409-75F9-4529-BF05-4D748B554A35@microsoft.com... >I know I ca...

Default location to look for file attachments
Hello, I have a question regarding locating files to attach to e- mails in Outlook. I use Word as my e-mail editor. When I go to insert a file attachment into an e-mail I'm writing, the computer looks in my My Documents folder by default. However, when I'm using Word to create a regular document, the default file location is a folder I've specified called MYDOCS (which is backed up by a MS-DOS batch file). Is there a way that I can set Outlook (or Word) to look in the MYDOCS folder by default when I go to attach a file to an e-mail I'm editing in Word? Any help wo...