mail merging to Publisher from excel

I am trying mail merge information from Excel into
Publisher. I get a message that reads:
 "The data source you have chosen contains more than one
worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the
worksheet or table that contains the information you want
to merge."

I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the
title bar. Didn't work.

I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work

Help

0
anonymous (74722)

I'm bushed - and a bit brain fried today so what I would do would be to save
another copy of the Excel file as a different name, delete the unwanted
worksheets, and try importing from that. Sure, there's probably a good
reason for the problem but this is a bad time of year for me. I do whatever
seems to be the easiest thing to resolve a problem. I'll figure out why next
month.  ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying mail merge information from Excel into
> Publisher. I get a message that reads:
> "The data source you have chosen contains more than one
> worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the
> worksheet or table that contains the information you want
> to merge."
>
> I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the
> title bar. Didn't work.
>
> I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work
>
> Help

---

jl_amerson (3088)
12/4/2004 9:07:24 PM
JoAnn,
Thanks for trying but that didn't work either. Anyone
else want to take a swing.
Thanks,
Ed

(http://www.grisoft.com).
11/30/2004

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/4/2004 9:20:37 PM
Send me the Excel file. And which version of Publisher are you using?

Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.

--

> JoAnn,
> Thanks for trying but that didn't work either. Anyone
> else want to take a swing.
> Thanks,
> Ed

---

jl_amerson (3088)
12/4/2004 9:23:14 PM
Thanks JoAnn. It's on it's way.
Ed

0
anonymous (74722)
12/4/2004 9:30:57 PM
Okay - I deleted sheets 2 and 3 (nothing on them anyway). I told it to open
the doc, it still asked for which sheet, I told it "Sheet1" and it worked.
Could you have typed "Sheet 1"? There is no space and that could be causing
the problems.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Thanks JoAnn. It's on it's way.
> Ed

---

jl_amerson (3088)
12/4/2004 9:36:51 PM
JoAnn,
Thanks so much.  I was putting a space in Sheet1. Thanks
again.
Ed

Date:

>>>---
>>>Checked by AVG anti-virus system
>> (http://www.grisoft.com).
>> 11/30/2004
>>>

>>>.
>>>

>---
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com).
11/30/2004

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
12/4/2004 10:14:49 PM
That's one of those DOH! moments.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn,
> Thanks so much.  I was putting a space in Sheet1. Thanks
> again.
> Ed

---

jl_amerson (3088)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

OE autodelete OLD mail

Excel VBA

outlook 2007 e-mail