mail merge to individual document (file)

Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files?

I want to EVENTUALLY do the following;

Create a Newsletter (using Publisher)
Merge it with my client list (to individual files)
Create individual PDF files from merge files.
Email each customised Newsletter (now as a PDF) to my client base.

I know this seems long winded, but I'm open to other suggestions if anyone
has any.

Thanks in advance

Bails <andrewgbaillie@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files?
>
> Create individual PDF files from merge files.
> Email each customised Newsletter (now as a PDF) to my client base.

You could set the batch size in your mail merge to 1, do a Print Merge, and
then save each PDF file separately.

(Search the group archives for Registry Fix to reveal KATMA's registry fix
to enable customisation of the Publisher mail merge batch size)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Suppressing Fields On Sales Documents
We use the Contact Nmae on sales documents. I would like to suppress the Contact Name if it is blank. Is this possible? We are on GP ver 10. Mike I assume you are talking about a report document, right? If so, open the report in Report Writer, double-click on the field, and set the property from Visible to Hide when Empty. Now a silly question: if the field is empty, what there is to hide? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Mike...

how to add textbox in protected document
when one of the sections in word file is protected, i am unable to insert text box in other sections. when protection is enabled, so many options are automatically disabled. textbox is one of the feature which is disabled when protection is enabled. how to add textbox in the sections which are not protected Protection imposes limitations. You can probably create a macro to perform the task, but for documents that require free editing, protected forms are rarely the answer. Investigate instead userforms, which together with docvariables are a simple way of gathering and inserti...

Import and Export files
I currently have Outlook 2002. I brought a new computer and installed the new edition of MS office and use outlook. I exporting a file from the new version, and want to import to my current work outlook 2002. Is there any way to do this, and Outlook 2002 will not reconize the newer version. Any Ideas or help, Thanks New version? which version? David "Gene" <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote in message news:40c301c3e421$38717840$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I currently have Outlook 2002. > > I brought a new computer and installed the new edition > of MS office and u...

Microsoft Word 2010 Beta doesnt recognise old word files immediate
I have just installed MS Word 2010 beta. Unfortunately, existing word documents created in MS Word 2002 are not immediately recognised by MS 2010. If I first open 2010 and go to file loaction the docs will open fine. However , if i double click on a pre-existing word doc it does not know what programme to use to open it. I have tried finding the winword file to open it but get this message... ".doc is not a valid Win32 application" Is there anyway to solve this issue as it is really inconvenient to have to open Word 2010 each time and manually find the location of ...

Huge "empty" excel 97 file !!
I still have files of up to 4MB, after deleting the contents of a 16MB excel 97 file then saving !!! Details:- (1)If I select the whole worksheet (by clicking on the blank cell in the top left corner of the worksheet) (2)then I click on EDIT and then on DELETE. (3)repeat 1&2 for any other sheets (4)Then click on FILE, then SAVE AS a new name Windows explorer shows that the new file can be up to 4MB. This is very frustrating if I am trying to reduce the size a file so that it fits onto a floppy disc. This problem occurs with a number of my excel files. How can I get rid of this invis...

Password to open file
How do you make file only open after you enter a password? dcknie, file save as, tools, general options enter password to open, this is for excel 2003 its a little different in other versions but that should get you there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "dcknie" <dcknie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21B2C37-1877-4357-A756-35470C31EDC7@microsoft.com... > How do you make file only...

file
I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and somehow has an error message on it that it will not save because locked by another station. I have done everything from trying to find out who last used it to deleting it and starting over and nothing works. PLEASE HELP amy Maybe Debra Dalgleish has the answer: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen amy wrote: > > I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and > somehow has an error message on it that it will not save > because locked by a...

Extremely slow file
I've been doing some ad-hoc analysis at work today and as a quick fix (and because I don't have the Access query skills) I ended up with 2 sheets: Sheet 1 - Contains 21,000 rows of data, 10 columns with the first column being a concatenation of 4 cells from each row Sheets 2 - Contains 10,000 rows with 7 VLOOKUPs in each row, but each vlookup is like the following: =VLOOKUP(A1&$B$1&$C$1&D1,data_range,9,false) Where the data_range is all 21,000 rows x 10 columnsrange in sheet2 Anyway, the file is simply too unwieldy to use. It takes an age to calculate the cells, apply ...

xls file won't open
I have an Excel file which I'm no longer able to open as the system comes back with a message saying 'Not enough memory' The file size is 887kb, I think it was created in Excel 2000 with Win98, but may have been on a machine running XP Home when the problem occurred. I am able to open much larger files without problems, I have also tried opening it on several other machines which have XP Home and Pro, obviously these have newer versions of Excel. Has anyone got any ideas how I can recover my information please? Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance for any help yo...

How to see files in .docx?
I have read that .docx has many files compressed like .zip files, but where are they? How to see them? Thanks You will have to change the file name extension from docx to zip. Then open the zip file. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:evrVaQIvKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have read that .docx has many files compressed like .zip files, but where >are they? How to see them? > Thanks > Or open docx directly using winrar -- <>>< ><<> ><<...

Any shortcut to prevent macro running when opening file?
Hi, I'm using XL2002 on Windows 2000 at work. I made a boo boo when saving a file with a macro. I couldn't open the file after that. I saw a macro error just as I was saving the file, but it was too late to stop. If I opened the file again, it wouldn't open and XL would stop respoding. I emailed the file home where, using XL2000 I was able to open the file by not allowing macros to run, and then fixing the macro problem. My work XL2002 was set up not to display the macro warning, so I couldn't open it without macros. Well maybe I could've just opened XL2002 and found how t...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Can't convert Quicken qdata file.
I am try to switch from Quicken to Money 2004. When it trys converting the Quicken I get the following message: Your Quicken file could not be converted. You are attempting to convert a corrupted Quicken file. Try reindexing your Quicken file by clicking File Operations from the File menu, and then clicking Validate. Then try converting it again. Have tried validating the quicken file but no change. I don't want to lose all the data I have in Quicken. Any suggestions??? Thanks Sam In microsoft.public.money, Sam Roe wrote: >I am try to switch from Quicken to Money 2004. When it...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Saving files as JPG
Often when I save a logo and/or a flyer in publisher and then save it as a jpg for bi print jobs there is a LINE along the side of the piece ... any ideas of how to get rid of it or WHAT might cause it? This happens once in a while, never have figured out why. You can open the image in Paint; erase the line. Or crop it out when you use the image in Publisher. Do you get the line if you save the picture as a .png or .tif? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greetings&Salutations" <Greetings&Salutations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Merge file pairs
I have several hundreds of pairs of files (file1 in one subfolder i paired to file1 in second subfolder) where I need to open the pair copy arange (columns a to e) from one file to the other, then save an close the files. Then loop on to the next pair in the list. Has anyon done this? Can you point me to examples? I've looked at several we sites (debruin, for ex.) but cannot find exactly what I need. Al suggestions welcome -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Reconstitute Money file from information synced to the web?
I recently had a horrible system crash during which I lost (among many other things) my Money file. I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and was religiously synchronizing my file with the web. When I restored my system, I downloaded and installed Money 2004. When I started it up and logged in using my Passport, Money seemed to notice that there was some inconsistency, as it offered me a dialog box with 2 options that I don't exactly understand. Neither of them was "Would you like Money to download your file from the web?" What I'm trying to find out is, is there any way fo...

mail merge trouble....
I have created a publication in Publisher (8 page booklet with fold and staple). I want to print it with the addresses (imported from excel) already on it instead of using seperate labels. How do I do this and have it duplicate my document with different addresses instead of add pages to my existing publication? My publication is now 1275 pages long... thanks for any help you can offer. You need to use one text box, insert the fields in that text box and merge. Create a mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx Troubleshoot mail merge in Publisher ...

Sending E-Mail through CRM Web
Hi, I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another. During setup, I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server. When I attempt to send an email I get an Invalid Association Error. I set the config file to show more details on the error and all I'm getting is "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request." The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack doesn't provide much help either. I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25 being blocked by antivirus software....

ONE xls column to file?
Please explain how to export one column in an excel document to CSV/ Assume multiple columns (one for email, one for home number, etc) for import into any popular free ajaxian services. I want to be able to both: export number column to text file with one number per line and export number column to CSV "destroy ducky" <destroyducks@gmail.com> wrote in message news:af894db0-e566-42de-bbbb-190a9c6f4c6a@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Please explain how to export one column in an excel document to CSV/ > > Assume multiple columns (one for email, one for home n...

Updating XML-Config files, building GUI
Hello, we use custom XML-files for the configuration of our software-products. I'm looking for a solution for 2 things: - from time to time we need to update those xml-files at our customers. When new elements and attributes are available i have to add them to the existings xml-files (with default values). It would be nice to find a generic solution instead of writing code for each new object. Is it possible to use xml-schema in a form that an xml-file is updated when objects (elements, attributes) don't exist? - i want to build a tool (gui) for editing the values of the config-file...

windows live mail closes when I try to add more stationary
Please help I have downloaded new stationary for my Windows Live Mail. I have unzipped it and it shows in my stationary folder But when I double click it to actually use it in a new mail. It closes down my e-mail program. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance. What is your operating system? Which edition? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit? Have you tried compatibility mode? Which version of wlmail.exe are you using? "Sharon " <gwen6039@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:#lk4sJvzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Please help > I have downloaded new stationary for my Wi...

can you single click to open files in word and excell?
Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and excell files? There's a windows setting (at least in WinXP) that you can toggle to make a single click open the file. Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Folder Options|General Tab At the bottom of that dialog. lvinning wrote: > > Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and > excell files? -- Dave Peterson I have it set to that level, but once I'm inside of word or excell, you're required to double click on a file name before it will open. Some other ...

Problem Loading xml document
I'm having a problem loading an xmldocument from the web. The xml i wish to bring into the application is generated from a request to an ASP page. The following code does not work. xmldoc2.Load(http://Blah/Blah/blah/NYISOZoneData.asp?Zone=ALL) However if i save a copy of the generated file and load it like this, xmldoc2.Load(Server.MapPath("NYISO.XML")) Everything is fine. Any Ideas? Thanks tv Tom Vukovich wrote: > I'm having a problem loading an xmldocument from the web. The xml i wish to > bring into the application is generated from a request to an ASP pa...

open older msn files with new Money 2003
I just received my new computer with MS Money 2003 loaded. I've been using Money for Windows 95. When I tried to open my files with the new version it got corrupted after the conversion. AND it also corrupted the original version! What to do? Is my past year's work down the tubes??? H E L P moneyless in Chicago! What do you mean that it also corrupted the original version? You will not be able to open the 'converted' file in the original version. But Money always saves a copy of the file prior the conversion and changes the extention to .mn* where '*' is the...