mail merge problems #2

I have Vista and Office 2007.
When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values
file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be
completed because of database engine errors."
It used to work fine, but not any more.
Help!

0
DRRhodes (3)

There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error
and probably will work

You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base
engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an
Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908474/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"DRRhodes" <DRRhodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista and Office 2007.
> When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values
> file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be
> completed because of database engine errors."
> It used to work fine, but not any more.
> Help!

0
mary.sauer (2018)
4/10/2009 6:41:56 PM
Sorry, but that doesn't help. I downloaded the Component Checker and, when I
ran it, I got the message, "Component Checker is not supported in Windows
Vista and later Windows OS's, since MDAC files are protected on these
platforms."

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error
> and probably will work
>
> You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base
> engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an
> Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003

> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "DRRhodes" <DRRhodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista and Office 2007.
> > When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values
> > file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be
> > completed because of database engine errors."
> > It used to work fine, but not any more.
> > Help!

0
DRRhodes (3)
4/10/2009 7:59:01 PM
The only workaround I know is to initiate the merge in Outlook.

--

> Sorry, but that doesn't help. I downloaded the Component Checker and, when I
> ran it, I got the message, "Component Checker is not supported in Windows
> Vista and later Windows OS's, since MDAC files are protected on these
> platforms."
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your
>> error
>> and probably will work
>>
>> You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data
>> base
>> engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using
>> an
>> Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "DRRhodes" <DRRhodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Vista and Office 2007.
>> > When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values
>> > file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be
>> > completed because of database engine errors."
>> > It used to work fine, but not any more.
>> > Help!

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Auto delete windows mail?
I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice in the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? -- marty "srmarty" <srmarty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87CB396-6251-45C3-BC9A-DF77952EC095@microsoft.com... > I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice > in > the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? > -- > marty Tools>options>advanced tab>maintenance button. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. ...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem