Mail Merge Printing collated

When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes),
Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the
next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth.  Since I often need to make
multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand.
How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before
printing the second, third, copy?  I believe when I had P'03 it would print
that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started.
0
B1 (229)

You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will be
resolved. Meanwhile you can give feedback here:
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=227&wa=wsignin1.0

You will have to sign in with your Live or Passport password.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Richard B" <Richard B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes),
> Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the
> next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth.  Since I often need to make
> multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand.
> How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before
> printing the second, third, copy?  I believe when I had P'03 it would print
> that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/22/2008 3:28:32 PM

"Richard B" wrote:

> When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes),
> Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the
> next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth.  Since I often need to make
> multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand.
> How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before
> printing the second, third, copy?  I believe when I had P'03 it would print
> that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started.
0
AnnaG (4)
4/23/2008 3:42:01 PM
If you adjust your printer settings you should be able to do it.
The collating preferences are usually under paper or finishing.

"Richard B" wrote:

> When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes),
> Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the
> next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth.  Since I often need to make
> multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand.
> How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before
> printing the second, third, copy?  I believe when I had P'03 it would print
> that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started.
0
AnnaG (4)

Printing check register #4
Is there a way to print the check register every month. Example print check register from 12/1/07 to 12/30/07. I dont want to print the whole register mine goes back to 1998. I want a hard copy like a checkbook every month. Rick Under reports, try Account Transactions. You can set dates, which account, and which columns you want to see. "Rick" <rick_falls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uh0%235lvpHHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print the check register every month. > Example print check reg...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

Merging tables
Hello, I do not have deep knowledge of Excel. That is why my proble might appear a bit strange: I have two tables, list1 and list2. In both tables there is a colum with unique ID numbers. The rest of the columns contains differen information in both tables. Example: list1 ----- ID name email 101 bob bob@none.com 102 rita rita@none.com ... 999 jim jim@none.com list2 ----- ID salary 102 2000 103 2500 ... 204 2100 What I would like to get as a result is a combined table, with selecte columns from both tables in it. I.e.: list3 ----- ID name salary 101 bob - 102 rita 2500 ... Anyone who can ...

Publisher
Have set up a small report 10 pages in total but when printing page 9 I get additional blank pages printing and then my page 10 how do I stop this from happening? Open the Design Checker, see if it tells you anything. Is the page visible in print preview? What version Publisher? Is the publication setup as a booklet? Publisher works in groups of 4 when printing a booklet. With a ten page booklet setup, Publisher will print a blank page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "charliegirl" <charliegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F995943A-B6A5-4B6B-...

How do Print out a uniform spreadsheet i.e. all the same size A3

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Button To Print Workbook With Certain Settings
hi, in a workbook i have 52 numbered sheets. they are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. on the first sheet i have two buttons. i need some coding help with the buttons. basically i want the first button (called even) to print all the even sheets in the workbook. and the second button will print the odd sheets in the workbook. also i want different margin settings for each button. the even button will need a left margin of 0.5 and the odd button will need a right margin of 0.5 - while all the other margins remain 0.2. i am hoping that this is possible. i tried recording the marcos but i am not...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

customizing the task list print options
I'd like to print my "tasks" list but with the complete Note field included. How does one accomplish that? I'm surprised it isn't a standard form provided in Outlook. -- ------------ Michael Bierman ...

Using tild-n in e-mail
Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although some prefer plain text. Would that make a difference? Thank you, -Monica da-moe <amethystm@hotmail.com> wrote: > Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone > know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an > email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although > some prefer plain text. Would that mak...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

Deleting of Recurring E-Mail's Outlook 2000
How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? Do you want to keep the history of the recurring? Do you want to "Cancel" future meetings and let other recipients know? Do you just want to delete it entirely? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <gary.christian@carswell.af.mil> wrote in message news:e42601c43c4c$5aca1270$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? ...

printing business cards #8
I am printing business cards using Publisher 2000. I have no problem setting them up 10 to a page with Avery perforated card stock. The problem is that the design placement on the cards does not print correctly. The top cards on the sheet are perfect but as it gets to the bottom of the page, the design is too high. This is especailly bad whent the design includes a border that ends up not being centered on the card. I have adjusted everything there is to adjust on my printer and am wondering if it is a Publisher software issue or a printer issue. (HP says it is not a problem with the printe...

Outlook 2003
In the calendar I often put notes/direction on a daily appt, etc. When I print the daily appt I don't see these notes. When I print the individual appt - I can see the notes but this creates numerous sheets of paper. Is there a way to printall this info on one daily sheet? Hi, JayL; File> Print> Print Styles> Calendar Details Style -Ian "JayL" wrote: > In the calendar I often put notes/direction on a daily appt, etc. When I > print the daily appt I don't see these notes. When I print the individual > appt - I can see the notes but this creates nu...

printing multiple worksheets in a workbook
I have 13 worksheets in my workbook (Excel 2007). They are all formatted to have page numbers thus "Page x of y". However, when I select all worksheets and try to print them, the printer window reflects 6 documents waiting in the queue. On printing the document even with the collate box checked, the output is not sequential according to the page numbers from either back to front or front to back. This is even more frustrating when printing to pdf (Cute PDF Writer) as the print to pdf creates 6 different files instead of printing all to one pdf file. I need help!!!! ...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

Change print driver from PS level 1 to level 2
When printing in Publisher 2003 only, on and HP business inkjet 1100 I'm told that I need to set the PostScript language level to level 2 or higher. Following the instructions, I can't make the changes as directed in corrections from the error message, nor can I find any other way to change it.. You receive a Publisher cannot print this publication error message when you print as CMYK composite in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819594 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Mail between exchange server no working
I have two Windows 2003 exchange servers with sp1. From the one exchange server clients can send email using global address book addresses and exchange transport to user accounts on the other exchange server. But user on the other exchange server cannot send email to the first. Any idea Keith - Can the other/second server resolve fqdn(s) of the first server and the GC(s)? - Does it have smtp connectivity to the first server? - Can it access GCs? - Anything in the event logs? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- ...