Mail Merge and Labels

OK.  I've read the posts but don't seem to find an answer for my problem.

I have created a Publisher file and set it up to run an Avery 5163 label.

I get a single lable to work with and that's fine.  I want use the mail
merge feature to merge in data from my Access Database.

While I'm creating the label, I don't use the mail merge feature (haven't
even yet added the data source).  I just want to see how it looks and feels.
So I put a dummy name (Jane Doe) on the label.

When I publish to Adobe .pdf (which is how I'm going to distribute the
labels), I get a full page of 10 labels to print.

BUT, when I add the data source, put in the mail merge fields to replace the
dummy Jane Doe, then I only get ONE label printed in the upper left corner of
the page.  The other 9 are gone.

So I went back and cancelled the merge option, put back in Jane Doe and it
worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Why does it show me 10 lables when I DON'T have the mail merge on but only 1
label when I include the mail merge option?
0
Pam1 (264)

upgraded from outlook express to outlook, cant receive mail help
Somebody help im going mad, have done all that MS is instructing via web, still cant receive mail steve <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Somebody help im going mad, have done all that MS is instructing via > web, still cant receive mail First, Outlook is not an upgrade from Outlook Express. They're separate applications. Second, you give no version numbers and list no symptoms, so how do you expect anyone to help? -- Brian Tillman ...

default e mail folders
unable to use outlook, after updating from xp home to xp pro. get error message saying unable to open you default e-mail folders. can anyone help me to sort this out. I have lots of info in outlook and need to use it. Are you using a .PST file? If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0c2001c3b2a4$b85f4d60$a40...

Importing Mail Acccounts
Using OL 2003 how do I import mail accounts from OL2000. I have exported them to a folder, but I am unable to find out how to import thenm into OL2003 Rob In what format were they origonally exported? From recollection, of OL2k you could have imported ccounts to Outlook Express, then Import account settings from OE once 2003 was set up. I seem to recollect that the passwords are not retained "Whenever" <qwerty@nospam.net> wrote in message news:-5-dndEm9qB86OjXnZ2dnUVZ8kCdnZ2d@bt.com... > Using OL 2003 how do I import mail accounts from OL2000. I have exported &g...

ALL incoming mail goes to Deleted Items
This is not just happening to junk but ALL mail. Does anyone have a fix? did u check if there are any funny Rules defined? >-----Original Message----- >This is not just happening to junk but ALL mail. > >Does anyone have a fix? >. > ...

New e-mail chime alert but without new mail
I just upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. I was using Windows Mail and now I'm using Windows Live Mail. I am sending and receiving e-mail just fine, however, I am also getting "ghost chimes". Meaning I get the chime sound that a new e-mail has arrived (exactly the same sound) only there's no new mail in my Inbox. It's driving me a little nuts. It's not junk mail. There doesn't seem to be any new mail at all arriving, just the chime sound periodically. Thanks for any help or suggestions! Are you sure there are no new messages? Check the setti...

Outlook Mail confusion
Please excuse me, but I am new to the Exchange world. I have users who up till about one week ago, accessed Microsoft Exchange Outlook mail througha secure web browser. At that time, they did not have their accounts set up on the workstation. Upon visiting their desktop, I clicked on properties/accounts and so forth and set up the account. Now they receive their mail through Outlook directly from the server, as they wanted. The problem is that they cannot se any old mail that they had when they accessed through the web. in addition, when they access through the Web, they also d...

how to set default e-mail to publisher not outlook
When you go to a webiste and find an e-mail address and click on it and your outlook e-mail send page opens up and the e-mail address is automatically there...I want the e-mail address to pop up (default) in Publisher instead so that I do not hvae to copy and paste. Does anyone know how to change the default so that it opens in Publisher? Please send your answer to info@beachvillamiami.com as well if you do not mind. Thanks You can also call me at 786.419.1899 Much appreciated! Never, never, never post your email address unmunged. And NEVER, NEVER, NEVER post your phone number! An...

Can't promote sent mail
I have a user who can promote from his Inbox but not from Sent Mail. It gives a generic error and says Try again. Other users can promote sent mail. I've reinstalled the client, which did fix other problems but not this. Thoughts? I have this same issue. "KBLawson" <klawson@aetinc.com> wrote in message news:6b62a526.0402060717.1ec4208a@posting.google.com... > I have a user who can promote from his Inbox but not from Sent Mail. > It gives a generic error and says Try again. Other users can promote > sent mail. I've reinstalled the client, which did fix o...

Automatic mail retrieval with dial up
I am using Windows 2000 with dial up and ATTGlobal's dialing software. Is there a way to setup MS Outlook to automatically connect to my ISP, say once a day at 2:00 AM to get my mail? If so, how? Paul ...

Changing the e-mail store folder location?
Greetings all, I want to move my Outlook e-mail store to my 2nd hard drive. How do I do that? I have looked everywhere for the store folder setting, I can SEE it under the folder properties, but I cannot see where to CHANGE it (it was easy with OE.) Can someone remind me how to move the e-mail store? I am using Outlook 2000 with internet e-mail only. Perhaps I need to install another option? any help appreciated... Quentin Close Outlook. Move the PST. Reopen Outlook. Tell it where you moved the file when it asks. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Quentin David Jones" <q...

unread mail message
On my log in page I keep getting a message that reads 1 unread mail message but when I go to check mail there is nothing there. I have read all the messages and have deleted messages in my dlete box. Do anyone have any ideas? ...

Inadvertently merged Calendar/Contacts
Posting here per suggestion in microsoft.public.exchange.clients One of my co-workers is one of our main Blackberry techs, and it seems that there's a new version of the Blackberry client software he was given to install on his PC. He uses this software for cases where he needs to reload the software on a user's Blackberry. When hooking up another user's Blackberry Pearl the new client software automatically imported all of the Blackberry user's contacts and appointments into the tech's Exchange mailbox in Outlook. Obviously this is not a great thing, as he really does...

Can I merge two money files?
I am running Home & Business 2007. We tracked our finances from Jan 1-June 30 in one file and Jul 1-today in another. (The nature of the business change and its owners). So, now our accountant would like to combine the informaiton into one file. Can this be done without me manually entering each transaction? Any help is APPRECIATED!! Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, jrwillden wrote: >I am running Home & Business 2007. We tracked our finances from Jan 1-June 30 >in one file and Jul 1-today in another. (The nature of the business change >and its owners). So, now our ac...

How to block a MAIL FORWARD RULE
Hi all, I found that some users in my organization are seting a rule to forward all the incomming mail in his mailbox to a extarnal mail provider account like hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. Is there any way to block this server based rule ? I know that if this rule is at client level (outlook) there is nothing I can do to block the rule, but the rule that my users are using is a server based rule that works when they are not using any client...... so ... does any one knows how to block this rule? Thanks & regards !! BRINO! BRINO wrote: > Sorry.... It was a kid's question !! ...

Mail merge problem
1 week ago after Microsoft updates, there was a problem with Cyrillic data after I tried to make mail merge. The selected contacts appears in mail merge with strange symbols. Is there anyone who knows how I can resolve that. I will appreciate the help. Hi, I have the same problem with Czech code page. The problem was accepted 2 weeks ago by Microsoft support as a bug and now I am waiting for any result. But my client cannot print quotes from CRM and is quite nervous. Furthermore, the error has different behavior on different PCs and we cannot find the reason. In some cases the Czech sp...

where does the mail goes?
After this in the log. smtp:message submitted to categorizer what is happen to the mail. \Fredry ...

Outlook Mail attachment BUG!
I have a MS Outlook 2000 SR-1 installed on my Windows2000 PC. I am facing bit strange problem. The problem is, I am trying to send a mail from Unix Box to Outlook mail but it got truncated at one perticular line. Let say I am typing the following command on unix $mailx -s "test mail" aps@test.co.uk <dbareport.log here dbareport.log file has following lines in it ------ this is a test mail to all DBA users (line1) begin declare (line 2) end of report (line 3) ------- when I received this mail in outlook it got truncated at line 2, that begin statement. See the begin stm...

Outlook 2002 deleting my mail
Outlook is deleting my msgs. When I read a message and go to get out of the message, I click the upper right "X" and the message is deleted. Outlook express does not do this. Any way to stop it?? Thks. KEN Perhaps its a View setting? "Ken" <kfredstrom@cox.net> wrote in message news:1hsml2lbq6kh8ut2icha5k7h292kp3vmc7@4ax.com... > Outlook is deleting my msgs. When I read a message and go to get out > of the message, I click the upper right "X" and the message is > deleted. Outlook express does not do this. Any way to stop it?? > Thks. > KEN &...

How to make Outlook avoid re-downloading all the mails again?
I have configured a POP3 account in one profile, I want to configure the same account in new profile but i don't want to downaload all the mails from server. I want to download only those mails which had not downloaded in previous profile. So Is there a way by which we can make Outlook avoid re-downloading all the mails again for POP3 accounts? Or Outlook store some timestamp which makes Outlook not to download all the mails again everytime we do send/recieve? if yes, how can i fetch this time stamp? "sonali gupta" <sonali_gupta@persistent.co.in> wrote in message...

Trouble sending mail from outlook
I have been trying to send email from Outlook 2003 but my email is going directly to the Drafts folder and not to the mail recipient. any ideas? "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:GOidnacmpbJlfUzYnZ2dnUVZ_sGqnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have been trying to send email from Outlook 2003 but my email is going >directly to the Drafts folder and not to the mail recipient. any ideas? > You do have an email account set up in Outlook? Yes I do, but for some reason my sent mail goes to the drafts folder. "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail....

Column mailing list needs to be converted to rows
I have been handed a list that I need to convert and I am stumped. The worksheet contains three columns of addresses. The addresses are generally in one of three formats: Company Contact Street number and name City State Zip or Name Street number and name City State Zip or The repeat of the above with two lines for street information. As far as I can tell so far, these four are the only the different formats. Some of the addresses have a comma between the city and state. One final complication, some addresses use the 5 digit zip, some use the zip+4 with a dash. Is there a way to con...

Contents of mail folders gone
Eeek, moved a folder called "Upcoming Events" from one account to my new Outlook Exchange account. The individual directories are there but the actual emails within are missing. Please help me find them? Thanks in advance, Jo how did you move them? are you sure you're not looking at a filtered view of that folder? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Boppy" <therealboppy@yahoo.com> wrote ...

E-mail route -> exchange 2k7 error (outgoing mail)
Hi guys, I installed MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 RU 7 on Windows 2k3 with Email router. I want to use the Exchange Server 2k7 on w2k8 that working correctly since 1 year. I configured exchange with a new receive connector (allow anonymous connection from CRM's IP address). The problem is that email router cannot send mail to exchange.. I receive an error on event viewer. I set to high the log level on registry. The settings in email router are following: Autentication: Anonymous Services: Local System Account Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMEmailLog Event Category: None Event ID: 0 D...

e-mail #10
when i have an e-mail go to a folder it automatically prints. I want it to stop ANY HELP?????? Thanks In article <145d01c3c4c9$e05a22e0$3101280a@phx.gbl>, tharold@shreveland.com says... |when i have an e-mail go to a folder it automatically |prints. I want it to stop ANY HELP?????? Thanks | Check your Rules - there is an option to Print in the functions in Rules. ...

all mail has been deleted
As of 10-27-09 aqll my Email has been deleted, all my saved messages are gone, all my sent messages ARE gone, and I have no idea why. even my deleted messages are gone, not that I wanted them but they usually hang around for awhile before going., I ev en got a new message aboput switching over to windows mail from outlook, which I did about some year ago or so. passwords, websites, even contacts, all gone...... please help! Eric Search for *.eml. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background. steve "Eric" <egor2@cox.net> wrote in message news:OrVoLS...