Mail merge #8

I have created a 19.2 mb 8 page newsletter. I want Kinkos
to print it so that each newsletter copy is printed with
an addressee on the front page. That means I have to do a
mail merge. When I select "print to Kinkos file prep tool"
it takes about 1 minute per copy and I have 300 addressees
to mail to. That means 5 hours and probably will run out
of memory or so says Kinkos pro.
Kinkos says that I can also just take the mail list which
is an MDB file and send it to them as a PDF file which I
don't think can be done.
Anyone out there who has been through this?
Thanks,
Jeff B

0
anonymous (74722)

Get Kinko to do the printing, then run the merge through your own printer.

donotknock (1941)
2/20/2004 6:06:34 AM
Mail merge is painfully slow and far too bulky for portability. You are
storing the print stream for each and every copy. That is a HUGE file. Find
someone who can handle native Pub files. Look up Publisher Preferred Service
Providers on the Microsoft site. There are lots of us around. Even handling
native files, I run and merge ONLY the cover sheet first. Then I run the
remainder of the publication, adding the mail merge sheet as a preprinted
cover. MUCH faster and less overhead.

"Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a 19.2 mb 8 page newsletter. I want Kinkos
> to print it so that each newsletter copy is printed with
> an addressee on the front page. That means I have to do a
> mail merge. When I select "print to Kinkos file prep tool"
> it takes about 1 minute per copy and I have 300 addressees
> to mail to. That means 5 hours and probably will run out
> of memory or so says Kinkos pro.
> Kinkos says that I can also just take the mail list which
> is an MDB file and send it to them as a PDF file which I
> don't think can be done.
> Anyone out there who has been through this?
> Thanks,
> Jeff B

0
mccabemm (65)

win2003 & exchange 2003 mail problem
Hi I just had some problems with my server, so my disks are all destroyed. So, I`ve installed win 2003 server enterprise and exchange 2003. Everything goes smooth but i cant get the mail to work. Even when i go into AD and add a user, i cant get the folder where i shall insert the mail specs either. It must be something i`ve forgot. Also when i go into system manager and rightclick on the upper line, and chose internet mail wizard, that is not working either. Could someone please help me? Or if someone knows of any good sites\guides to install exch. 2003 properly. thanks regards Asle Pett...

Merging partitions
I was wondering if this was even possible, while retaining all date and time stamps, even with a third party program. Let me be more specific: Suppose you have two partitions, D: and E:, and want to combine them into one partition, *AND want to preserve ALL date and time stamps of all the previous directories and files contained within each of the two partitions*. (I don't think this is possible even with the third party apps, but I'm not sure). NOTE: simply creating a new partition and copying or merging the data is NOT acceptable, because obviously that will not ...

mail merge via email on campaign activities in the web client
I enabled the following setting in the system settings: Enable Direct E-mail through Mail Merge in Campaigns When I click the distribute campaign activity (type: email via mail merge) I get a message that mail merge is only supported in the Outlook Client :-s Any suggestions on this one? Jurgen Campaign activity distribution is not available via web. you will need to install the crm outlook client and then run though it. The reason for it not being available in the web is because the campaign activity distribution requires tracking of items in crm and that is not available via the crm...

Track source of Netsky in mail?
Hello! I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 and 2003 with POP accounts from their ISP. They have about three users who keep getting Netsky stopped by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition version 8.1 on their desktops. They get at least a dozen a day on some users. Is there any way to track down the sending user or computer? I suspect it is not on their network, but possibly an unprotected home user with their address book. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill No, otherwise, this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Mails deleted when read
Hi This is a strange one if I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it. When some messages are read the messages then disappears after closing. It is not a meeting it is just a normal mail messages there are no Rules or Alerts running. It's not even in the deleted items or the recovery of deleted items. If anyone knows of the answer to this that would be great Thanks Shona ...

Campaign Email Mail Merge
Hello, I'm using campaigns to do direct e-mail - I create an activity using the Email via Mail Merge activity, then when I distribute the activity Word fires up with the mail-merge working fine - it sends the emails out no problem - everything seems good but the Status of the Campaign activity shows "System Aborted" and in my report the No. Targeted is 0 because of the "System Aborted" - obviously this is mucking up my reporting! Anyone know why I'm getting this and what I can do about it? Can I manuallly overide the status or the No. Targeted somehow? Than...

Windows Live Mail "Received Date" issue
Hi, I have recently decided to move my Google Apps business email account to Office Live. The only way I have found to 'migrate' my emails to my Office Live email account is by dragging and dropping the emails from "GMail" to my Office Live account using the WLM GUI. WLM (GUI and Web) will display an incorrect received date - which is the migration date of when I have subscribed to Google Apps email. The only way I have found to show a correct date is to display the "sent" column in WLM GUI. Is there a way to correct this ? Maybe there is a ...

Problems with mail enabled security groups
Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Windows 2003 SP1 Hi at All, we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security groups. For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't reach its target. On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries : SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer But when ...

The e-mail address could not be found
Hey all, I am having an issue where certain people cannot be emailed... One of the guys in my office is trying to receive something from a bank, and he gets "The e-mail address could not be found,Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again." But i checked the address, and letter for letter it is correct. This also happens when emailing certain people internally... any ideas? -Dan =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIENvb3Blcg==?= <DanCooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:31FB9777-320C-4D83-9...

create list of e-mail addresses from distribution lists
I need to take "Global Address" Distribution Lists and convert them into invidiual e-mail addresses to use for an e-vite. Is there an easy way to do this? "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E48C11C3-20F8-4B79-8E56-E08FCA13F8A2@microsoft.com... >I need to take "Global Address" Distribution Lists and convert them into > invidiual e-mail addresses to use for an e-vite. Is there an easy way to do > this? Why? Why not send your "e-vite" (whatever that is) to the DL? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outloo...

Merge Personal Folders
I am trying to merge two or more personal folders. However, when I use the copy or move feature to move the "Inbox" or "Sent Items" content it duplicates those items that exist in each personal folder rather than overlaying. What process should I be using? ...

backup E-mail and Public folder
dear all, How to perfrom backup E-mail and public folder in exchange server , please give an advise , thank you Windows Backup will do this for you. http://www.petri.co.il/backup_exchange_2000_2003_with_ntbackup.htm -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "ys" <ys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF0B2E52-77F9-45BB-ADDA-7D4F18B274AC@microsoft.com... > dear all, > How to perfrom backup E-mail and public folder in exchange > server > , please give an advise , thank you > > ...

Outlook 2003: Displaying envelope in taskbar for filtered e-mails
Hi all, When an e-mail arrives in my inbox the envelope-symbol is displayed in my taskbar. However, I have a few filters set up that filter e-mails from particular senders into sub-folders of the Inbox. When e-mails from these senders arrive and are filtered into their relevant sub-folders, no envelope symbol appears in the taskbar. Does anyone know if I need to enable this feature somehow, and if so how? Thanks Eric I don't think you can change that behavior. "Eric Baber" <Eric@netlearnlanguages.com> wrote in message news:3g5hlhFanognU1@individual.net... > Hi al...

Problems Sending Mail #2
I am using Outlook 2003 with my employer's Exchange 2007 servers. As per their instructions, Outlook is set up to connect to the Exchange server via http. It is in cached mode. I'm seeing two main issues, and I wonder if they are connected and of course if they can be fixed. 1. I get frequent (more frequently than once an hour) messages that the connection to the Exchange server has been lost and then restored. The restored message always follows very quickly on the lost message; in fact, looking at the event viewer the restored message often seems to come just one second after t...

Windows Live Mail taskbar/notification panel.
I can't stress this enough but I would like to see Windows Live Mail have the ability to be minimized to the notification panel (taskbar) by the clock, power, wireless, etc. When I close the main Windows Live Mail window. This way I can continue my e-mailing and receiving my mail without having to leave the actual Windows Live Mail window open. It would be very convenient for business users and home users like myself. I'm an avid user of Windows Live Mail as it is my main e-mailing account and the only Mail client I use on my computer. Please consider my suggestion. ...

vista mail to outlook 2007
I've just gotten a new laptop and have installed windows 7/outlook 2007. My old computer is running Vista and I want to move the mail messages out of Vista Mail to Outlook 2007 on my new machine. Can't seem to find anything that tells me how to do that/if I can do that! Very frustrated!!!! Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated! Migrate from Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail to Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/migratefromoewlm.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kfb@kare...

"Cannot change part of merged cell"
Need help! I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another field that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to drop it, I get this error: "cannot change part of merged cell", I did not receive this error message for the other fields that I had selected. Please help. Thanks in advance. ExcelHelpNeeded Wrote: > Need help! > > I have created a pivot table in Excel and now trying to add another > field > that appears in the field list. When I drag it over the pivot table to > drop > it, I get this error: "...

Connect Exchjange 2003 to Internet to Get Incoming Mail
Hi All, I have Exchange 2003, I use it internaly in my LAN but I do not have any real IP to publish it, so I can Send from my client - outlook - that is configured with my Exchange Server 2003, but of course I cannot receive from Internet via my Exchange Server. So, I have to configure my mail client using POP3 to collect my Incoming e-mails from outside server that's of my ISP or open Web Interface of this web server to get my incoming mail messages. So, I'd like to configure my Exchange Server to collect these incoming messages and all of my clients only be configured with the ...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0228_01C5B104.C9AE5C40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_0228_01C5B104.C9AE5C40 Content-Type: te...

Lost mail in Outlook 2002 when upgrading to WinXP Pro
I was using Outlook 2002 to read mail in my Administrator account under Windows 2000 Pro. When I upgraded to Windows XP Pro, I lost all of my E-mail, because apparently the installer didn't copy my old Administrator account to the new WinXP Administrator account. I tried to copy the Outlook-related folders from my old Admin account to my new Admin account. It seemed to work for a while, but then the Outlook Shortcuts bar started acting strangely. Is there an elegant way to get my old Outlook mail into my new WinXP Admin account? The best way is simply to configure a new instal...

Setting Outlook as Default Mail Client
I get a message every time I open Outlook that tells me to run Outlook and set it as Default Mail Client. It is currently set as the Default, but I still get this message. I have followed all the instructions and it shows as the default. This message box even pops up every time I turn on my computer telling me there is no default mail client assigned. Any ideas? Scott Go into Internet Explorer | Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab and set the mail client to Outlook Express. Select apply and then change it back to Microsoft Outlook. That might be enough to force a rewrite ...

Problem with Repeating outgoing E-mail and Exchange 2000
In November 2005 one workstation had a spyware problem resulting in a junk e-mail being generated and sent to 100+ recipients through our Exchange 2000 Server. We corrected the problem at the workstation and it is clean. Two months later we had occasion to stop and restart the Exchange Server. When we did, the e-mail from November was resent by the Exchange Server; it now appears that if the services (MTA Stacks, System Attendant, Information Store) are stopped, and restarted, the email is again resent. The Server message log for, say 2/02/06 (the date the e-mail was resent) shows t...

How do I create a newsletter that can be folded for mailing?
I am creating a newsletter and I want to be able to fold it in half, slap on an address label and send. Does anyone know how set up the last page so that I can do this? LisaMN wrote: > I am creating a newsletter and I want to be able to fold it in half, slap on > an address label and send. Does anyone know how set up the last page so that > I can do this? You'll want to use the Booklet option under Page Setup. Setup the last page blank apart from whatever you might want to have on an address page (e.g. marks for where to stick the address label, marks for where to att...

When deleting an e-mail, how do I make Outlook open the next e-mai
I recently upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I noticed that on the older version, when I opened an email, and deleted it, the next mail in line would open automatically. On this version, when I delete it, the window closes and sends me back to the list of mail without opening the next. Is there a way to set it up so that when I delete the mail the window doesn't close and instead opens the next in line? Thanks, Tools.. Options.. Email Options.. message handling "After moving or deleting an open item:" Change pull down to "open the next item". Tools | Op...

e-mail view
I want to keep the 2 pane view on my e-mail page, but want the bottom half to be blank until I click on the subject line listed in the top half. How do I do that? Thanks. If you need to, drag the columns a little to the left so the last column leaves a bit of a space between it ant the scroll bar. A left click in this empty space will remove any highlighting and the preview pane will be blank. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles and Dianna" <dkarnes@verizon.net> wrote in message news:eruOD3p0KHA.4832@T...