mail merge #17

Can I get a hard copy list of the mail merge recipients that are check boxed
in Publisher?
0
education (1)

Is this a list you created within Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data
Sources."
This is where Publisher stores the data. The list will be in an Access format, but
you should be able to open it in Excel as well as Works.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"205 education" <205 education@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I get a hard copy list of the mail merge recipients that are check boxed
> in Publisher?

0
gsauer (5093)
11/18/2004 6:00:47 PM
Actually, it is an Excel spreadsheet, but I need a list of just the mail
recipients that are checked within Publisher.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is this a list you created within Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data
> Sources."
> This is where Publisher stores the data. The list will be in an Access format, but
> you should be able to open it in Excel as well as Works.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "205 education" <205 education@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can I get a hard copy list of the mail merge recipients that are check boxed
> > in Publisher?

Do a fake merge, like on a small label. Use only those checked on your list, print it
out.
If it is an Excel spreadsheet, there are tools within Excel to modify your list. I am
not a spreadsheet user, but with a program like Excel I assume a query or some such
is possible.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Actually, it is an Excel spreadsheet, but I need a list of just the mail
> recipients that are checked within Publisher.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Is this a list you created within Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data
>> Sources."
>> This is where Publisher stores the data. The list will be in an Access format, but
>> you should be able to open it in Excel as well as Works.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> "205 education" <205 education@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can I get a hard copy list of the mail merge recipients that are check boxed
>> > in Publisher?

0
gsauer (5093)

Pictures in e-mail stationary
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista and Outlook 2003 on WinXP SP2. Exchange 2003 SBS. All latest patches applied. If I create a signature in Outlook 2007 and insert a JPEG either hosted on the web (linked) or local, picture is displayed by receiver OK. If I create a signature in Outlook 2003 and insert a JPEG either hosted on the web (linked) or local, picture is NOT displayed on local machine or on receiver's e-mail. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Zeros in empty merge fields
Hi! When I mail merge address info from a spreadsheet, the last merge field--empty zip code--does not close up. I have two zip code fields: one for physical address and one for P. O. Boxes. The last field shows up as a zero when empty. I tried setting the options by unchecking zero, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've also tried formatting the zip column to text and number to see if that would fix it, but don't remember that it fixed the problem. The zero doesn't really keep the mail from being delivered, but it would be nice if the blank field would just disap...

windows live mail
unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. Is the spelling being checked as you type? Alt + T, Options, Spelling, ..... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Paul Baxter" <Paul Baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40856CC5-4157-41C7-8FCD-63088A1543C0@microsoft.com... > unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:01:01 -0800, Paul Baxter <Paul Baxter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >unable to get spelling check to cjeck emails before they are sent. You don't...

Add E-mail field to address lookup form
Is there a possibility to add E-mail field on Address entity (and to Quote, Order and Invoice) form so when I look up address to Quote, Order or Invoice the e-mail of chosen Account or Contact to be stored in E-mail field? Yes I think you need to contact someone who can do this for you - along with your other questions "Simeon" <Simeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181FFF2F-BA58-4926-B203-26B2B8045E44@microsoft.com... > Is there a possibility to add E-mail field on Address entity (and to > Quote, > Order and Invoice) form so when I look up a...

E-mail 2 in User Setting for??
I am not sure what benefits in setting E-mail 2 for user? It's only for entry or used for system. Please advise. See reply on similar thread: news:upmors79GHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "SP" <SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B60B72CC-28F2-41CF-9180-B40971E7349C@microsoft.com... >I am not sure what benefits in setting E-mail 2 for user? It's only for > entry or used for system. Please advise. ...

Installation Problems 01-17-05
When I try to install CRM I get the following error: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Faild to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql.HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown Error. (80040E14) Thanks, David Are you installing CRM as the domain admin for all servers in question? Also make sure file sharing is turned on for the SQL server.... -Gary "David" <dduncan@tsi-omis.123com> wrote in message news:uzxL4MN$EHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > When I try to install CRM I get the following error: > > Setup was...

Junk Mail & Rules #2
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. Is it posible to create a rule that stops additional rules processing, if the recived mail is piicked up by the Junk Mail filter. I have an existing rule that SMS's me about personal mail, but don't want an alert when for mails that are put into my Junk Mail folder. Regards Nigel No. Rules run first, then the junk filter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Ti...

How blokking mail?
I recieved a mail from Polen asking after my bankingdetails. How can I block those mails, or even entire countries? Thanks, Hugo Right-click the message header and choose either to block the sender or to block the sender's entire domain. Think about it first, because blocking the domain might block people you want to hear from. For example, you probably don't want to block the domain "yahoo.com", because you very likely know people you like who use that domain. It's my impression that most people living in places like Eastern Europe or Asia use a very...

Outlook 2000 Question
Hi, Is there a registry setting to detect if 'Internet Mail Only' is configured in Outlook 2000? Thanks in advance Beth "beth" <nospamtome@nospam.com> wrote in message news:efAYwgsOFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a registry setting to detect if 'Internet Mail Only' is > configured in Outlook 2000? What are you trying to accomplish? Just curious. Hi Jason, I am trying to discover, if programmatically I am able to distiguish between the use of IMO mode and corporate or workgroup mode in OL2000. "Jason" <na@...

Merge button greyed or grayed out..
I apologize for the potentially incorrect spelling ... my brain is fried right now.. The problem I am having is I sent a sheet to a buddy to look at and I accidently deleted the original.. I thought .. not a problem as I have one attached to the email I sent.. (it was for review) However now that I am looking at the one I attached.. I can't change it so that some new cells I have added can be merged.. Any ideas how I can get this back to a "normal" sheet? Please cc the answers, advice, help etc to my hotmail acct. Hi do you get an error message?. Or is it only graye...

Mail merge query...
I am new to mail merge and have a club newsletter to go out which is in A4 size. I would like each club members name to be printed at the top of the sheet so that when the merge has completed, all club members will have a letter with their name printed on the top. I have managed to do this, however, after the merge has completed, instead of each copy starting on a fresh page, it automatically starts from the end of the note so I'm having to edit each one individually to push them down to the start of the new page. What do I need to do to rectify this or cant this be on...

"Windows Mail can compact the message store"
From past threads, I understand it is advisable to click "ok" when this message pops up. My follow-up question is this: What happens to my emails when the message store is compacted? Will my emails be lost permanently? Thanks. It should not affect your emails at all. Nevertheless, it is always wise to have a backup of your important = emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C3B694D-60C8-40AA-B554-6ADE39A426...

CRM E-Mails
Hello All, Should a user be able to send e-mails from Microsoft CRM 1.2 (web client) if an exchange server is not installed in the Domain containing the CRM Server yet the SMTP service is running on the CRM Server. The exchange server we are running is installed in a different Domain and is Exchange 5.5 Thanks The CRM needs the AD schema modified by Exchange 2000 AFAIK so I doubt the CRM will even install without Exchange 2K on the same forest? If you managed to install it without we'd like to know :) Simon "Bill Gates" <BGates@microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

How to get confirmation of sending and delivering for outgoing mail
Please, help me! I just began to use Mac and Entourage and I don't know how to get confirmation of sending and delivering for outgoing mail, like in Microsoft Office for PC. Thank you! On 31/10/05 15:43, in article BF8C1636.9AE%ocheretniy@artshow.lan, "Arthur Ocheretniy" <ocheretniy@artshow.lan> wrote: > Please, help me! I just began to use Mac and Entourage and I don't know how > to get confirmation of sending and delivering for outgoing mail, like in > Microsoft Office for PC. > Thank you! > You can insert the 'return receipt' header into th...

Outlook moves unread mail into deleted item folder
Hi, This user has no rules setup or the junk mail option enabled, but certain emails are automatically moved into the deleted items folder. ...

No mail notification for some folders.
Hi, I have been using popfile for quite some time to filter spam, personal emails and so on. It is working well mainly because I have been training it for so long. So now 99.9% of spam emails are indeed spam and work and personal emails are properly moved to the correct folders. popfile uses "X-Text-Classification:" to classify emails and I use rules to move it to the relevant folders. But when an email, (almost always spam), arrives, I get a notification on my taskbar. This is a waste of time for me to check. Would there be a way to not get notified when emails arrive and a...

import address book and e-mail from compuserve
How do I import address book and e-mail from compuserve? Can you export the info from whatever CompuServe front end you're using? "mfb" <mfb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0C38B26-C757-4346-B425-04FB0B019F66@microsoft.com... > How do I import address book and e-mail from compuserve? ...

blocking junk mail
I am getting a bunch of emails with a blank in the name but when I go to options I see the sender. Is it possible to block emails that come in with a blank in the name are or can you block ".biz" from being received. Mark <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am getting a bunch of emails with a blank in the name but when I go > to options I see the sender. Is it possible to block emails that > come in with a blank in the name are or can you block ".biz" from > being received. While I can't think os what may be causing your first problem, you can...

junk mail filter and message rules
I have outlook 2003 and was having a problem. since i setup message rules for email to go to a folder, when i get junk mail it goes in the junk mail folder then moves to the other folder from the message rule. can you have a message rule to move email from the inbox to a folder and still have outlook filter the junk mail thank you Paul ...

Mozilla mail to Outlook
Hi, I want to migrate from Mozilla 1.4 (Netscape 7.1) mail to Outlook 2002. However, I could not export my messages from Mozilla to Outlook or Outlook Express. Is this operation possible? Thank you, Okkes ...

Crm server mail
Hi, I have a 2003 Exchange Srv(SMTP) on the 2003 win server. But a different CRM server when the sending mail, client users gets a this mail drops to SPAM folder. How to configure SMTP settings for the CRM server ? ...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...

Mail merge
Hi A costumer want to send quotes via e-mail and a default e-mail template. How can I: 1. Add the company's logo in the template? Insert a image, or maybe insert a html link and place the image on a web server? 2. In the template we want to merge the products from the quote, and not only the quote-amount. Thanks for you help. Best regards Jacob Mondrup www.vivant.dk Denmark [logo] {Costumer name} {Costumer address} {Costumer zip and city} Dear {Full Name} OK. The first problem was easy. Sorry to bother you: Just copy/past from a website. Then CRM will insert the html code...

Public Folders #17
Even though I have the administrator/service account permissions I cannot create top level folder in Public folders anymore. I did what Q202265 suggests to verify that I still have rights. Rights are there but still no success! I upgraded my server from Exchange 5.5 Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition few weeks ago. Any suggestions please. Thanks. ...

sender from header listserv mailing lists
I'm on many mailings lists and they all worked great when I was on Outlook Express and other e-mail programs. I recently switched to Outlook and I'm having big problems. In Outlook when I get incoming e-mail it takes the "sender" field in the header and puts that as the "from" rather than taking the "from" field in the header and putting that as the "from" in the incoming mail. Now when I get mail from the lists I'm on they come from messed up addresses related to the list. In other words if I am on a list called Outlook Support and Mary ...