Lost OEM number for Publisher 98

Hi,
I have a copy of Publisher 98 that is mine, and it's OEM.
I reformatted my computer and did not even think about
having the COA with that number on it.  I haven't seen it
in years :(  Does anyone know how I can get a new one?
I've checked into a lot of the support options for people
who have either the full verision, or the program still on
their computer so they can pull up some info from the
registry - but I have neither.

Thanks!
0
teresa1 (1)

The official word is to contact your computer manufacturer's tech support
but I can tell you that there's a 99% chance they will direct you back to
Microsoft. Start with them and then if you have to, call Microsoft. Please
get back to us and tell us what the resolution was. I'd much rather hear
that your computer company was able to help.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Teresa" <teresa@infoready.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a copy of Publisher 98 that is mine, and it's OEM.
> I reformatted my computer and did not even think about
> having the COA with that number on it.  I haven't seen it
> in years :(  Does anyone know how I can get a new one?
> I've checked into a lot of the support options for people
> who have either the full verision, or the program still on
> their computer so they can pull up some info from the
> registry - but I have neither.
>
> Thanks!

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/13/2004 4:18:14 PM
JL Paules wrote:
> The official word is to contact your computer manufacturer's tech
> support but I can tell you that there's a 99% chance they will direct
> you back to Microsoft. Start with them and then if you have to, call
> Microsoft. Please get back to us and tell us what the resolution was.
> I'd much rather hear that your computer company was able to help.

Jo, as it was OEM Microsoft will *NOT* assist. The OEM is obliged to
support. From the OEM EULA: -

"PRODUCT SUPPORT. SOFTWARE. Support for the SOFTWARE is not provided by MS,
Microsoft Corporation, or their affiliates or subsidiaries.  For product
support, please refer to Manufacturer's support number provided in the
documentation for the HARDWARE.  Should you have any questions concerning
this EULA, or if you desire to contact Manufacturer for any other reason,
please refer to the address provided in the documentation for the HARDWARE."

Microsoft will refer her back to the manufacturer. MS does not, will not
and, indeed, cannot provide support for OEM supplied software. All support,
including replacement keys and media, is the responsibility of the OEM (be
that the dealer or manufacturer). Of course, she could always call PPI
support - they will willingly supply her with a new key. All she has to do
is furnish them with her credit card number and they will extract �375 from
her account.

I think she'd be better off purchasing a new version (either 2002 or 2003
depending on her OS).

0
misstick (379)
6/13/2004 4:31:44 PM
I know but I also know that the OEM does not have the numbers that the OP
needs. I agree that she needs to get an updated version tho - whichever one
will run on her computer.

Let's see...........who was it that used to rant on about how Publisher 98
should have been renamed Publisher 49 because it was only half a program?
;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JL Paules wrote:
> > The official word is to contact your computer manufacturer's tech
> > support but I can tell you that there's a 99% chance they will direct
> > you back to Microsoft. Start with them and then if you have to, call
> > Microsoft. Please get back to us and tell us what the resolution was.
> > I'd much rather hear that your computer company was able to help.
>
> Jo, as it was OEM Microsoft will *NOT* assist. The OEM is obliged to
> support. From the OEM EULA: -
>
> "PRODUCT SUPPORT. SOFTWARE. Support for the SOFTWARE is not provided by
MS,
> Microsoft Corporation, or their affiliates or subsidiaries.  For product
> support, please refer to Manufacturer's support number provided in the
> documentation for the HARDWARE.  Should you have any questions concerning
> this EULA, or if you desire to contact Manufacturer for any other reason,
> please refer to the address provided in the documentation for the
HARDWARE."

> Microsoft will refer her back to the manufacturer. MS does not, will not
> and, indeed, cannot provide support for OEM supplied software. All
support,
> including replacement keys and media, is the responsibility of the OEM (be
> that the dealer or manufacturer). Of course, she could always call PPI
> support - they will willingly supply her with a new key. All she has to do
> is furnish them with her credit card number and they will extract �375
from
> her account.
>
> I think she'd be better off purchasing a new version (either 2002 or 2003
> depending on her OS).

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/13/2004 7:26:29 PM
Thanks for all your help, folks.  I'm pretty miffed at MS
at the moment, and this just adds to it.  I cannot afford
to go out and buy a new copy, I use it for a non-profit
newsletter, argh.

Oh well, now I can honestly say MS has completely ruined
my day - ha ha (They shut down 206+ charity auctions on my
eBay account today just as they were about to end, stating
we had listed something that infringed on their
rights....well, I know the type of software they are
speaking of - OEM, academic, and so on, but I was only
selling *my* very own, 100% legit, still sealed in the
box, full, NON-academic, NON-upgrade, NON-OEM copy of
Office 97 that I've had for years and years and never
installed.)  Ooops, sorry to rant - thanks again for the
suggestions, looks like I am just out of luck,

Teresa

0
anonymous (74722)
6/13/2004 9:09:53 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> I'm pretty miffed at MS
> at the moment, and this just adds to it.
Why?  MS have no obligation to you whatsoever, your problem lies with your
OEM.

> Oh well, now I can honestly say MS has completely ruined
> my day - ha ha (They shut down 206+ charity auctions on my
> eBay account today
Microsoft cannot shut down your auctions.  Only eBay are able to do that.
Microsoft can only request that you or eBay remove items.

> just as they were about to end, stating
> we had listed something that infringed on their
> rights....
You are entitled (IMHO) to an accurate description of how and why the
item(s) infringed on their rights.  Do you have one?

> well, I know the type of software they are
> speaking of - OEM, academic, and so on, but I was only
> selling *my* very own, 100% legit, still sealed in the
> box, full, NON-academic, NON-upgrade, NON-OEM copy of
> Office 97 that I've had for years and years and never
> installed.)
That's most odd.  Methinks there must be another side to this story -
Microsoft don't just request auctions to be pulled without some kind of
valid reason.

> Ooops, sorry to rant - thanks again for the
> suggestions, looks like I am just out of luck,
Did you try contacting your OEM?
Also, if you use Google, it isn't that difficult to find a key that someone
has leaked on the web.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
6/13/2004 9:18:00 PM
Well, Ed, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, I assure you
we are a Christian-based, non-profit organization, there
is no "other" side to the story.  When I contacted eBay, I
was told to contact Microsoft, that it was there call, not
eBay's.

Also, I don't believe searching for an OEM over the
Internet is a very honest thing to do.

I'm sorry for the anonymous email - I thought since I
started the thread, if I posted a reply it would be the
same....guess we aren't all computer geniuses.

And my day continues....
Thanks again to all of those who helped me out today!

I too would suggest you contact Microsoft. Ebay does what they are told.
Just because yours is a Christian group doesn't mean that you couldn't have
involuntarily violated MS's copyright.  Just so you know, you don't own your
Microsoft software. They are allowing you to use it in exchange for your
money. That's what's spelled out in the EULA. Spelled out in tiny legalese
text but it is there.

I appreciate the position you are in. I use Publisher for an NPO as well.
the difference is that it is MY copy, not the organization's. If your group
has a legal department, maybe they can contact MS for you.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Teresa" <tearei.mcwhirter@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well, Ed, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, I assure you
> we are a Christian-based, non-profit organization, there
> is no "other" side to the story.  When I contacted eBay, I
> was told to contact Microsoft, that it was there call, not
> eBay's.
>
> Also, I don't believe searching for an OEM over the
> Internet is a very honest thing to do.
>
> I'm sorry for the anonymous email - I thought since I
> started the thread, if I posted a reply it would be the
> same....guess we aren't all computer geniuses.
>
> And my day continues....
> Thanks again to all of those who helped me out today!

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/13/2004 10:19:36 PM
Teresa wrote:
> Well, Ed, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, I assure you
> we are a Christian-based, non-profit organization, there
> is no "other" side to the story.  When I contacted eBay, I
> was told to contact Microsoft, that it was there call, not
> eBay's.
>
> Also, I don't believe searching for an OEM over the
> Internet is a very honest thing to do.
>
> I'm sorry for the anonymous email - I thought since I
> started the thread, if I posted a reply it would be the
> same....guess we aren't all computer geniuses.
>
> And my day continues....
> Thanks again to all of those who helped me out today!

I'm sorry, I've just read Ed's reply to you a dozen times and I *STILL*
haven't the foggiest why you're getting all snotty with him. What do you
mean by "I'm sorry you feel the way you do"? Ed was stating a fact - as was
I. OEM software is the responsibility of the OEM, it's all there in the EULA
(I even quoted the relevant paragraph for you, so you didn't have to go
hunting for it).

You don't even know what OEM means, do you? It stands for 'Original
Equipment Manufacturer'. So you consider looking up Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony,
etc, dishonest. Oh well, each to their own...

Also, Ed said nothing about the "anonymous email" - it's fine, it's what the
CDO (web interface) does by default. Why are you having a go at him for
something he didn't even mention?!

0
misstick (379)
6/13/2004 10:33:50 PM
Miss Tick,

Did you read her reply to Ed? She said Office 97 (not Publisher 98) was
her non-OEM, non-academic, non-upgrade product she ahd bought and never
used. Furthermore, IMO opinion, she didn't "have a go" with anyone about
being listed as anonymous - just noted she was and didn't mean to. While
Ed did hint at a way of solving her problem with Publisher, she replied
it didn't seem very honest (it's not!).

Mike

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> Teresa wrote:
>
>>Well, Ed, I'm sorry you feel the way you do, I assure you
>>we are a Christian-based, non-profit organization, there
>>is no "other" side to the story.  When I contacted eBay, I
>>was told to contact Microsoft, that it was there call, not
>>eBay's.
>>
>>Also, I don't believe searching for an OEM over the
>>Internet is a very honest thing to do.
>>
>>I'm sorry for the anonymous email - I thought since I
>>started the thread, if I posted a reply it would be the
>>same....guess we aren't all computer geniuses.
>>
>>And my day continues....
>>Thanks again to all of those who helped me out today!
>

> I'm sorry, I've just read Ed's reply to you a dozen times and I *STILL*
> haven't the foggiest why you're getting all snotty with him. What do you
> mean by "I'm sorry you feel the way you do"? Ed was stating a fact - as was
> I. OEM software is the responsibility of the OEM, it's all there in the EULA
> (I even quoted the relevant paragraph for you, so you didn't have to go
> hunting for it).
>
> You don't even know what OEM means, do you? It stands for 'Original
> Equipment Manufacturer'. So you consider looking up Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony,
> etc, dishonest. Oh well, each to their own...
>
> Also, Ed said nothing about the "anonymous email" - it's fine, it's what the
> CDO (web interface) does by default. Why are you having a go at him for
> something he didn't even mention?!

0
wordwiz (948)
6/14/2004 2:42:56 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mike
Koewler <wordwiz@fuse.net>!"...
> She said Office 97 (not Publisher 98)
> was her non-OEM, non-academic, non-upgrade product she ahd bought and
> never used.

I was suggesting that she contact her OEM about her original issue of her
lack of product key for her (as already stated, OEM) version of Publisher
98.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
6/14/2004 7:35:58 AM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> Miss Tick,
>
> Did you read her reply to Ed? She said Office 97 (not Publisher 98)
> was her non-OEM, non-academic, non-upgrade product she ahd bought and
> never used. Furthermore, IMO opinion, she didn't "have a go" with
> anyone about being listed as anonymous - just noted she was and
> didn't mean to. While Ed did hint at a way of solving her problem
> with Publisher, she replied it didn't seem very honest (it's not!).
>
> Mike

Michael, of course I read it! She was quite rude! I'm not interested in
that. She was accusing him of accusing her of things he never did! I don't
care about her eBay problems (this isn't an eBay support group!) As for the
anonymous thing - read it!

"I'm sorry for the anonymous email - I thought since I started the thread,
if I posted a reply it would be the same....guess we aren't all computer
geniuses."

It appears that way to me!

No, she said looking up OEMs was dishonest. Dell is an OEM, as is HP,
Compaq, Gateway, Sony, eMachines, etc. As she's never looked one of those up
because she considers it dishonest, I wonder how she bought her computer?!

0
misstick (379)
6/14/2004 8:08:00 AM
Hi Mike Koewler (wordwiz@fuse.net),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| didn't mean to. While Ed did hint at a way of solving her problem
|| with Publisher, she replied it didn't seem very honest (it's not!).

If she has a legit OEM copy of Pub 98 that came on a computer that they
purchased, and has no luck getting a product ID from MS or the OEM, I
wouldn't hesitate to find a number on the internet. Might be wrong, and it's
their fault for losing the OEM CD-key, but there it sits. A licensed copy
that isn't activated because two corporate mongers have no desire to supply
someone with an old key code. And upgrading isn't always the best solution
considering Publisher 2003 requires Windows XP/2000/2003, which is another
expense if they are not running the newer OS already. It would cost $350
just to upgrade to the newest Publisher!
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Keeping my budget's yearly numbers intact
Let me first state that I am a newbie. When I set up my budget making all of the items yearly budget items, it figure out what the items income or expense would be per month. Then when I look at yearly reports it transfers the money per month back to a yearly total. The problem is that many of my items are off by a few cents--for example instead of our postage category being $2500 dollars it ends up being 2499.96. I know why this is happening and it ends up being only a few cents different, but I am putting our church finances in Money and the quality of the report forms is impo...

How so I make a help chart for publisher?
Just wondering if anyone has made a help flow chart on how to use help. Version? Publisher 2007, You can either search or you can click on the Table of Contents icon. In the Table of Contents, double-click Getting Help. With that why would someone try to make up a flow chart. "randysr1" <randysr1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63057793-4A40-45AE-9716-5521839D2FC2@microsoft.com... > Just wondering if anyone has made a help flow chart on how to use help. ...

How to print on 42" roll HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP using Publisher
I am trying to print a banner and the printer indicates it will print on several sheets. I need it to print on one continuous sheet. Any solutions? Using MS Publisher 2003 Printing on HP DesignJet 500 42 by HP -- Mary B. Read your printers manual to determine whether is will print banners. Sometimes different versions of one model will and the other will not. "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FF6EA3-7C9B-490F-8BDE-7715DF352F70@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a banner and the printer indicates it will print on > several sheets. ...

Make cell display 0 if number is negative
Hi, How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help would be appreciated! Hopefully this will be my last question:c) Ron One way: =MAX(<your formula here>,0) In article <el$#m2WhEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ron King" <montyboy@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi, > How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and > display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help > would be appreciated! Hopefully this will ...

Seeking a Publisher Viewer
My High School 20th reunion decided to use Publisher 2000 as the format to create our Memory Book. For many reasons, some bought a hard-copy, and others couldn't afford it. So we are streamlining our efforts and looking to offer a way for them to view the information with accompanying pictures of the attendees, but we don't want them to be able to modify or change our work. Is there such a thing as a MS Publisher 2000 Viewer that we may either use, purchase, or incorpoorate in our web- based reunion page?? Thus far, I have been unable to locate such a product. Any help wou...

Publisher 2003 "2 page document changes to 3 page"
I have couple of files created in Publisher 2003 which worked fine on my computer until the hard drive crashed. After the recovery the text in the file reflows on the 3rd page and automatically. The same files work fine on another computer. The printer for both th computers is same i.e. "HP Laserjet 2840". I also tried Microsoft document image writer as the default printer. I later formatted my computer again and still the same thing happens. The file works fine and prints fine on another computer but in my computer the text flows on the 3rd page inspite of the font size bein...

How to extract only badge numbers from such a column?
Excel 2003 user. I have 3 columns like this in A,B & C. 1/2/2010 #13837-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 120.00 1/2/2010 #13838-SALARY PAID FOR JAN-10 215.00 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11136 903.47 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12536 894.20 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13044 292.49 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13159 282.78 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 12199 1,169.64 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11261 2,623.03 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 13630 626.25 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT # 11840 668.22 1/2/2010 TERMINATION SETTLEMENT ...

How do i page left or right a set number of columns, rather than
i am wondering how i can set this up so i can page left or right a set number of columns rather than paging left or right controlled by the data in cells? For example: with no data in any cells, and you hit Ctrl + right arrow it takes you all the way to the end of columns (xfd)?? If i have columns A-I showing, why can't i hit Ctrl = right arrow and move to J-R?? Thanks You need to add a macro buttons and assign these macros: Code: -------------------- Sub Shift_Right() ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=1 End Sub Sub Shift_Left() ActiveWindow...

Precautions to be taken prior publishing Excahnge server?
Dears, What essential security precations must be taken before publishing my exchane server 2003? On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:39:55 +0200, "Mahmoud" <m.metwally@iqaratmisr.com> wrote: >Dears, What essential security precations must be taken before publishing my >exchane server 2003? > All of them. LOL :) -GT "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:lo8mv192ppetqhih3tbqpie23nkqv4klqd@4ax.com... > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:39:55 +0200, "Mahmoud" > <m.metwally@iqaratmisr.com> wrote: > >...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

How to copy a publisher page to different publication?
We are creating machine maintenance manuals for customers. Each manual is different and copying difrent pages from a varies publisher files is very important in having a special manual for that coustomer. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Norm L" <Norm L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBEEEC7-1806-4269-B652-FE067E1F8C29@microsoft.com... > We are creating machine maintenance manuals for customers. Each manual is > different and cop...

How do i identify missing numbers in a sequential list
I have a large list of serial numbers like (1AW15648). I need to identify numbers that are missing. Thanks, Chet Sheetz PS I am using Excel 2003 Chet, For a list starting in cell A1, you could use something like =IF((VALUE(RIGHT(A2,5))-1)=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,5)),"","Skipped") copied down to match your list of SORTED serial numbers. This assumes that your numbers of interest are the 5 right-most digits. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Chet-a-roo" <Chet-a-roo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814E82E9-5405-45EB-88CC-9316AF4F3495@microsoft.com...

pictures won't load or open in publisher
After recent MS updates my old publisher files when opened only show text box entries. when I click in the blank space on the page it shows the box the jpg and WordArt files were in but nothing shows up. What versions of Publisher are we talking about here??? "flinthillsjim" <flinthillsjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EF29BDF-A774-4684-BB10-73C1AFD92F88@microsoft.com... | After recent MS updates my old publisher files when opened only show text box | entries. when I click in the blank space on the page it shows the box the | jpg and WordArt files we...

how can I add a sequential order number to my groups of records?
I have two tables: tbl_Street_Joiner_Main tbl_Street_Joiner I want to add a new field that is a sequential record order number for the 'tbl_Street_Joiner' entries which are grouped by the 'Joiner_Title_ID' field in the master table 'tbl_Street_Joiner_Main' This new field will then become a Sort Order field for when I rearrange the sort order within each group, which I hope to do 'manually' via some vba code; but... If the sort order is generated automatically via the SQL, will it still be possible to change the sort order via code? This is my curren...

Why does blank pages print inside a booklet I created in Publisher
I created a booklet in publisher and when I print the booklet everything prints out okay except for the inside of the book, a blank page prints. Why, and what can I do to fix it so the following pages can print consistently. How many pages do you have in your booklet? It needs to be a multiple of 4. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Publisher General Question" <Publisher General Question@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C503106-3A4E-4DD6-80F4-379DC1E88FEA@microsoft.com... >I c...

Unable to divide number in excel
I am getting error while entring a simple formula =4/2 the formula you typed contains errors. Just a guess. I'd look under Tools|autocorrect options. Maybe one of those characters is correcting itself to something invalid. Naveed wrote: > > I am getting error while entring a simple formula =4/2 the formula you typed contains errors. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Negative number in Sales Forecast
We have recently started using GP, in our old system we could enter a negative number in our sales forecast (which you can also in GP). But in our old system when you enter a negative number it would subtract that amount from the total in the MRP. For instance, we have a sales order for 4 and a sales forecast of 2. We could go into the sales forecast and add that item to the sales forecast and enter -1 (minus 1). Then in the MRP it would only show suggesting a total of 5 along with 5 of all it's components also. In GP, you can enter a -1 but it will still show suggesting 6 and 6 ...

publisher #13
i have just bought a new computer, i'm trying to load publisher on to it. but i have lost my product code can any one help. Time to call Microsoft for help. For a small fee they will reissue a Product Key if you registered the software. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28fe01c3e1bc$4ec01be0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > i have just bought a new computer, i'm trying to load > publisher on to it. but i have lost my product code can >...

Customising page numbers
How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a long document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numbering continuous across all three. -- L Greenwold Start your new document and use Insert|Section. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L Greenwold" <LGreenwold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A15B0626-3336-4459-8335-705BCF5AAC9E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the starting number of a Publisher document. I have a > long > document that is saved in 3 separate files and want to make the numb...

Web page preview different from Publisher document
Hi, I created a web site in Publisher and when I preview it in a web page, everything is off to the right or lower on the page. I've tried everything to make the preview look like my document, but nothing works. Help! Thanks -- It is what it is...get over it. Which version of Publisher are you using? When you say that "everything" is off to the right or lower on the page, are you talking about text boxes, pictures, navbar or what? Under Tools, run the Design Checker to see if that tells you what you are doing wrong. Then please post the answers to these questions and any ot...

Reverse a "row" of numbers (flip flop them)?
I have 50 rows of numbers, with the last number being last number in the sequence. I want to reverse these numbers, so the most recent number is the first number. How do I do this? Been up all night trying to figure this out. Thanks for you help, I just have to get some sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Lets say in A1 thru J1 we have: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 In a helper row enter: =INDEX($A1:$J1,11-COLUMN()) and copy across to see: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Finally copy the helper row and paste/special/value back into row 1. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200735 Hi wannabe, In row 51(helper row) p...

Invoice number
Hello, The code below gives me an invoice number like: 20100301, 20100302, 20100302 etc... I want to add a letter in front of it, like S-20100301, S-20100302, S-20100302 etc... Please can somebody help me out to change the code below? TIA Betha Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Dim tNummer As String tNummer = Format(Right(DatePart("yyyy", Date), 4), "0000") & Format(DatePart("m", Date), "00") & "-" If DCount("*", "Orders", "left(Factuurnr,7)= '" & tNummer ...

Publisher 2010, Tables and Text Styles
I'm working with a large table in Publisher 2010, and I want to apply the same style to the initial (empty) paragraph in a set of cells in my table. What I expected was that I would select the set of cells in my table, the select a style from the Home ribbon menu, and the style would be applied to all of the cells. What's happening is that I select the cells I want to apply the style to, go to the Home ribbon, and select the style, and the selection collapses to only one cell and that's the only one that gets the style applied. Which is very frustrating. Am I running into a bug...

Can I do an automatic number on tickets I designed on Publisher?
I have designed tickets for a charity function. They are 2 columns by 4 rows. On each of the ticket I have put a placeholder for the ticket number. I have been trying to figure out is there is a way to have Mail Merge or another function automatically number the tickets. Anyone have suggestions? Using Publisher 2003 from MS Office for Small Business 2003 Thanks A tutorial by Brian Consecutive Numbering (2002, 2003) http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steve in ...

Genrate random numbers using the binomial distribution
How can I generate random numbers using the binomial distribution and an excel spreadsheet. If possible please do in a step-by-step guide. Hi funkysunflower How about a video http://tinyurl.com/yj69stn or Google links http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&q=binomial+distribution+in+excel&meta=&aq=f&oq=binomial+distribution+in+excel&fp=7ad0076c90c94111 HTH John "funkysunflower" <funkysunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCB4FC4E-46C6-41D2-BDB5-0C0173073CA1@microsoft.com... > How can I generate random numbers using the binomia...