LOST CD KEY NUMBER

help, i lost the original case the install cd came with
for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to
install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case
or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the
disk under different files to find a source for the
number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program
when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original
registration info and get microsoft to give me an install
cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer?
any suggestions? fred
0
FINARITWO (1)

How to Obtain a New Product Key for Office Program Setup
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en_us;823570&Product=ofw2k

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"FRED" <FINARITWO@COMCAST.NET> wrote in message
> help, i lost the original case the install cd came with
> for microsoft publisher. it requires the cd key number to
> install. what am i suppose to do now without the cd case
> or box the software came in? i thought of looking in the
> disk under different files to find a source for the
> number but came up empty. maybe i registered my program
> when i purchased it, but how do i track down the original
> registration info and get microsoft to give me an install
> cd key number so i can reinstall it on my new computer?
> any suggestions? fred

---

jl_amerson (3088)

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Odd Looking Number
Hi I am using a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 on Windows XP, for some reason the account numbers (which someone input, along with addresses) have a little green mark in the corner of the cell. I thought it was to show that there is a comment, but it is not. When you click on the cell, a little warning sign shows, saying ERROR - number in this cell formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe. When I click on the arrow by the warning sign, it says Number stored as text Convert to number Ignore error Edit in formula bar Error checking options Show formula in audinting toolbar Now I l...

Numbers turn red when equals to 0
Good day, Im monitoring our stock inventory using excel, i just want to know if I can make a certain cell turn red if my inventory is >5 or equal to zero.? Thanks -- shiela21cute ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiela21cute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33169 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=529926 Check out Conditional formatting Ed -- EdMac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Lost ability in MSWord to make ANY changes to ANY document
Somehow when I open a document in Word, it will not let me do anything other than open the document, print and close, everything else come up 'faded'- I can't even make changes anymore, and i've tried restoring my system to an earlier date, but nothing- Version of Word? If it's 2007 and someplace on the screen it says something about "This modification is not allowed because selection is locked", it could be that you've been using a trial version that's now expired or you haven't properly activated your full version. -- Cheers! Gor...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Rotating page numbers
I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait) however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the associated layout does anyone know how to be consistent in this? ...

Finding unique numbers in a column
Is there any way to find the number of unique values among a set o values in a column in an excel sheet. I would also like to know th number of times each value appears in the column. Thank -- coolkid39 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- coolkid397's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37924 There was also a similar thread under Excel Worksheet functions titled "Delete duplicates". Solution provided was to use: Data>Filter&g...

CD/DVD RW drive not found
My CD/DVD RW cannot be found - ONLY - when my computer is connected to the Broadband modem. When I try to boot up, the bios window comes up and says: "Secondary drive 0 not found. Strike F1 to continue. Strike F2 to run the set up utility." If I use the F1 option, the boot up will continue but takes forever and when it finally is booted up, the CD/DVD drive does not show up and does not work. However, if I unplug the modem from the computer before I boot up, it does just fine and the CD/DVD drive shows up and works just fine. So strange. Any ideas anyone? &q...

Sequential numbering of invoices
I have recently downloaded an Excel template for invoices from Microsoft's website. Is there any way to fix it so that every time I create a new document based on this template, it automatically gives it an invoice number one greater than the previous invoice (eg, starting at 100 and then the next one I open would be 101, then 102 and so on)? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nick Xylas" <nickxylas@wmconnect.com> wrote in message news:1180551140.693535.260930@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have recently download...

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

Convert a number to a time
I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number? Depending what you wish to do excel stores times as well as dates as numbers, with 1 being a full day. An option is to divide everything by 24 and use a custom format of dd hh:mm although this will express the hours as days and hours It depends what you want to do really -- Dav --------------...

How can I write in a text in a cell using numbers and the letters.
I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 is one fo them but when I try to enter another code it makes the code a formula and it changes to 5.11E+09 why is that? I tried changing it by formatting cells to text, but that doesn't change it. Waht can I do? Clear the data, change it to text, and then enter it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C474C50-E47D-43EB-A4F0-B4D21141E39F@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get some codes in for example 511E09 i...

find first number
How do I find the first number in a string? I need to update a field by removing anything that could not be a number. Unfortunately, there's no specific number of characters which I can use to start and stop. Intentions are to replace everything before the first number and after the last number. Fortunately, the numbers I want are grouped together, but in the missle of strings. thanks Here is one example: CREATE TABLE Foo ( foo_key INT PRIMARY KEY, foo_data VARCHAR(35)); INSERT INTO Foo VALUES (1, '1'); INSERT INTO Foo VALUES (2, 'aa21a'); ...

copy/paste into excel changes numbers into date format
I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into excel. Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) Excel (2003) always converts this number to date format no matter what I format the cells as. I have been unsuccesful in converting back to the same format. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks Hi try formating the cell s as 'Text' before pasting the values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rufus wrote: > I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into > excel. > > Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) &...

Find not working for numbers ending with zero
I am perplexed.. in Excel 2003 I can search my spreadsheet for number ending in a zero, such as 7457.80 and I can see the number on my screen but Excel will not find it. However, if I search for 7457 it will find the cell. To make it more confusing I can search for 1234.55 and it will find the cell containing 1234.55,, any nunber I search for endind with zero its unable to find, even though I am looking at the number... any suggestions? Thanks, Tony In math, there is no difference between: 1.2 and 1.20 and 1.200000000000000000 So search for 7457.8 If that numeric value is a constant, the...

counting the number of times shown
I am trying to figure out a way to put a numerical value next to the id that is shown, suggestions? ex: ID This is what I am hoping to get to show up in the next column 55 1 55 2 37 1 46 1 62 1 55 3 89 1 82 1 Hi With ID in column A, insert this formula in B2 and copy it down as required: =COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2) Regards, Per "klh84" <klh84@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:14D13B5C-FEE8-4489-B91E-AC65F2ABB090@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out a way to put a numerical value next to the id > th...

How do I count the number of cells
I have several dozens columns and 52 rows containing Data. All the columns are labled Odd or Even In the final (right most) Column I want to count the number of times that that coulmn has data in it The last row belows shows what the answer should be Total Total Odd Even Odd Even Odd Even Odd 5 1 2 ????? ????? 1 7 6 3 ????? ????? 5 1 2 ????? ????? 1 2 9 3 1 3 PLease help =COUNTA() - will count the number of non blank cells. In the brackets place the range name (for example A1:A2). Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. &...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

Tab key moves
Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of my form before having to tab through another area? Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your application should be designed anyway.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:43C38961-D5BF-4F45-9CF5-DF2CD5958E9D@microsoft.com... > Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to?...

CFile::GetStatus throws an exception when run from CD
I have a small app that is checking to see if the file dotnetfx.exe is present in the same directory as my executable. I am running VS.NET 2003 and using unmanaged C++. Everything works great, as long as my executable is not on a CD. When burned to CD, the call to GetStatus will throw "the parameter is incorrect". The strings are correct (and obviously it runs fine when not burnt to CD). CString strHelpFilePath = AfxGetApp()->m_pszHelpFilePath; int iFileLoc = strHelpFilePath.ReverseFind(_T('\\')); CString strFxLoc = strHelpFilePath.Left(iFileLoc + 1) + ...

lost money 2006 .exe in windows vista
Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006? I had to re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny In microsoft.public.money, caspie wrote: >Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006? It is msmoney.exe, but that is probably not going to help you. There is an install process that sets up a lot of thing...

what is the key to send the email out?
After finishing the email, I found my "send" button is gone... Anyway, I've always felt that moving mouse and clicking is slow. I want to send my email out using one key stroke ... Is there such a magic key? Version of Outlook? Did you set up your account according to the server settings from your email provider? The Send button does not appear if your account is not set up. You must give us some info to expect an answer. "cfman" wrote: > After finishing the email, I found my "send" button is gone... > > Anyway, I've always felt that ...

Number Automatically divided by 100 and stored in cell
Dear Friends, I am facing a problem. When I type say 1000 in an excel cell it apperas as 10 in that cell and in Formulabar ( the original value 1000 lost). Similarly 12345 appears as 123.45. I have checked the number formatting which is General. In each case after pressing Enter key the number is first divided by 100 and then result is stored in the cell. I could not find the reason why it is happening so. Please guide me in this regard. I will be very thankfull for your help. Muhammad Go to Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck 'Fixed decimal' Andy. "Muhammad Jawad Mirza&...