losing indents next to graphics

I am using Publisher 2002. I print a 20 page magazine for my nonprofit,
printed on both sides on an HP8550gn. Two columns per page. Whenever I
insert a graphic that overlaps the columns with the text wrapping, I lose
the indent on the right side of the graphic, left side of the column. It is
not just in the printing, it shows no indent on the monitor. I have to go in
and move indent manually. This would be okay but what I see on screen is not
what I get in print. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Donald AVM

Graphic depiction of an "either-or" (0 or 1) indicator
In a Balanced Scorecard we use several indicators that are in a binomial or either/or form: complete or incomplete; on-time or behind, etc. We use charts in Excel to display other forms of indicators but are having trouble coming up with a good graphic way of displaying this kind of data. Any ideas? Why not use conditional formatting to color the cells to an appropriate color based on the indicator? Access Conditional formatting using FORMAT -> Conditional Formatting. "stevewoodall" wrote: > In a Balanced Scorecard we use several indicators that are in a binomial or ...

emailing spreadsheet loses date format
When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any suggestions??? Thanks! "sam" <sam2222@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0afe01c34ba6$f87d6e50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just > sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have > to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any > suggestions??? > > Thanks! Try widening the column a little. It could just be that the ...

Extend text to next cell
I am trying to get my text to run over to the next cell only in display not actual value of that cell. So if A1 says, "How now brown cow.", it should show over cells A2 and A3. However, I also need the carriage returns to be picked up. If I use the "Wrap Text" property it only shows the sentence in that cell. If I don't use it I get the [] (brackets) in place of the carriage return. Maybe you could merge those cells (A1:A3 or did you really mean A1:C1?) But be aware that merging cells causes trouble with sorting, pasting, and lots of other stuff. Format|cells|al...

Keep with Next and Figure
Word 2007: I am trying to keep figures and their captions on the same page. When I set the style for figures to use Keep With Next, the figures slide up BEHIND the previous paragraph instead of starting a new page as necessary. Is there any way to correct? Are you sure they're really sliding behind? Or do you perhaps have the paragraph line spacing set to an Exact amount? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org <faceman28208@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7903719c-bd24-4d40-b74f-5c1efc4869f7@y21g...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Graphics not appearing in Outlook
When I download e-mail using Outlook, I've noticed that no graphics, such as banners, ads, etc., are appearing. All that is in the window(s) where these things should be appearing are red "x"'s. How do I correct this so that I can get these graphics. (I am not talking about attachments, but rather the body of any basic e-mail that is sent using HTML) Thanks, Mark What version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Printing to pdf loses graphic background
I have created a page that is to be the back cover of a publication. It was originally created in Publisher 2003 but I am now working in 2007. The background is a scan of a satellite map and there are several text boxes and "autoshapes" with text scattered about the page. When I do print to a PDF file, the background graphic does not print. I get a message stating "Publisher can not complete the operation" But it does well with less complex pages. The pack and go file is 291,076 in size. That does not print to PDF either. Only the text and autoshapes print. I am ...

Determining next payment number
The 'Next payment number' in payables setup needs to be reset. Where do I look to get the last number used? Thanks, Reid Try adding 1 to this: select VCHRNMBR into #tmp from PM20000 where DOCTYPE = 6 and VCHRNMBR not like 'Alignment%' union all select VCHRNMBR from PM30200 where DOCTYPE = 6 and VCHRNMBR not like 'Alignment%' select MAX(VCHRNMBR) from #tmp drop table #tmp You could use the Payables Transaction Smartlist, filter for payments and sort by voucher number. -- Jim@TurboChef "Reid" wrote: > The 'Next payment number' in ...

cannot print graphics copied from word 2007 for PCs into an existing word document on my mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello everyone, <br><br>I'm new to the forum and hope somebody can help. I stumbled across mactopia whilst searching for an answer to my question in google and read the thread titled &quot;drawings/graphics don't print&quot;. Unfortunately that has not solved my problem, which I outline further below. <br><br>I work from home on my mac (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Currently I am writing up a document in word 2008 for macs. I have some graphics (png. files) that I created on my work computer, ...

I want to see graphics that i have inserted into publisher 2003
I have a new computer with publisher 2003 installed, I have used publisher xp for years with no problem, now when i insert a picture, logo or graphic nothing appears except the tags and I am doing real estate flyers and need to see my graphics. I am not very good with the workings of computers as I depended on my son to do all that, however he recently passed away getting a heart/lung transplant and i am lost . Can someone help in plain english Have you checked View|Pictures? Make sure Detailed Pictures is selected. (And I'm sorry about your loss.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft...

Multiple Windows
I've struggled with this one for a while and don't know if there's a solution for it. Many times I will have more than window open for a particular file. When the second window (or any subsequent window) is opened, each sheet loses it's pane freezes and the zoom level is at 100%. The worst part is that, if the first window is closed then the second window becomes the default setting for each sheet. Is there a way to prevent this? The only solution I can think of is to write VBA code for each sheet when it's selected, but that seems like more work than should be necessar...

Losing formatting input an ntext field in a e-mail template
I have created an email template with and I want to display the information of a Ntext field in the e-mail. I created the e-mail and insert the template, after inserting I lost the formatting of the Ntext field (missing enters/breaks). Does have anyone a solution? I have started running into this exact same issue. Haven't found a resolution yet. Please let me know if you find something. I'll do the same. "Ed" wrote: > I have created an email template with and I want to display the information > of a Ntext field in the e-mail. > > I created the e-mail...

Tasks filter on next working day
Hi there ! Personnalising a task view, I created a filter : End date, less or equal, next working day. It seemed to work but, when Friday arrived, it did not show task that where due the next Monday. It showed a task due Saturday. Any suggestions ? Many thanks, C�line A couple of things to check: version? have you set your workdays in the Calendar options? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "C�line Brien" <celinebrien@laurentides.qc.ca> wrote in message news:uvxpjyYtKHA.4428@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi there ! > Personnalising a task view,...

Keep Losing my custom task views
I keep multiple task folders and custom task views. This is the buggiest feature of outlook. My custom task views have a mind of their own. They sometimes completely disappear and come back when I simply select another folder and view and come back to the original folder. If I customize a view and select that it should be visible to the other folders, sometimes it is and sometimes its not. I have found no trend in how this feature behaves. I've tried creating views by copying old ones, modifying existing views and creating ones from scratch; in all cases, I have similar problem...

incrementing the next check number
Hello: In order to get the "Next Check Number" to increment in windows such as Print Payables Checks, you change that number in Checkbook Maintenance. Right? And, it is the Next Check Number field in Checkbook Maintenance that determines what the "Next Check Number" is in Print Payables Checks. Isn't it? Thanks! childofthe1980s Child..... The system will increment the check number automatically when you print checks. The Next Check Number field in checkbook maintenance is the place the system keeps the next check number. Place your initial check number ...

In Excel enter key doesn't move to next row
Entering information in cells of a worksheet, the return (enter) key does not move to the next row. It just started happening. -- punkster Tools-->Options, Edit tab. Move Selection After Enter should be "Down" ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "OldSchool" <OldSchool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABE195A2-5B31-44ED-85DC-6B78E0D6BF09@microsoft.com... > Entering information in cells of a worksheet, the return (enter) key does not > move to the next row. It just started happening. > -- > punkster ...

Type in code and get description in next cell
I am setting up a spreadsheet where I type a code in and it adds a product description in one cell and a rate in another. I have got the rates working fine and adding up to a total. I have this a master sheet with the code and the amounts but I just cannot get the formula for popping up the product description. I would be really grateful for any help, advice or a nudge in the right direction. Thanks very much Briggsy Hi use VLOOKUP for this. e.g. =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,'lookup_table'!A1:B100,2,0)) >-----Original Message----- >I am setting up a spreadsh...

Two cells divided into next cell
Hope this makes sense. I have F column that totals down to F16. Then I have a total on D16. I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16. Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G and J. So G16 is blank. Is this possible to do and If so how. I don't even know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every time I Insert the Amts in the cells. Please help In G16: =D16/F16 "Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C49FCC-273A-425B-9EEF-DCF2109A0DD9@microsoft.com... > > ...

way to subquery for next record in query?
I've got a query (qryMaingroup) that looks at a table (tblMain) and displays all the records in tblMain with a seat number less than a particular value. I'd like to query that query to find the first record that has a seat number which adding 1 would mean that the next record in the original query is not equal. In other words if the first query returns all those in tblMain with tblMain.Seat less than 13, the second query returns the lowest Seat value from the first query where tblMain.Seat + 1 < tblMain.Seat from the next lowest value in that first query. I think ultimately...

Moving Graphics
I have a number of checkboxes arrayed on a spreadsheet. When I try to print the sheet, all the boxes realign themselves over to column A. This us extremely frustrating. How can I lock their positions? Thanks, Jim Berglund xl2002??? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly mention this fix, it's in there). http://suppor...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Lose access to email every night #2
Not sure what time this occurs, or what exactly happens. Anybody heard of this?: Come in in the AM and cannot connect to Exchange store. OWA runs, we can log in, and we can see message list, but cannot open the messages. Rebooting the server, we can now connect, but any email that came in during the night is only visible in OWA, not in Outlook. I can make it visible in Outlook by moving it in OWA to another folder. If I run a defrag of the store, and an integrity check, this appears to make the mail visible again. What steps should I take to debug? Start with disabling brick level...

Presentation Graphics
I need some help. I am building a presentation for office communicator 2007 and I am looking for high resolution Office Communicator 2007 Logo icons. Thanks ...

Box next to "Find" Icon on toolbar
I use OL 2003 and have a bo ...