Locking Tables

I am trying to prevent my tables in my publisher document from being
re-sized.  In other words - I want what I have created to be used as a
template that cannot be changed by anyone I send it to.  Consequently, I want
my cells to be locked (know how to do this) and I want to prevent the users
of this template from resizing the rows or columns.
0
PMO (1)

I just don't see how you can do this. Anything you can try to do, can be
tweaked.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stan Hunt PMO" <Stan Hunt PMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to prevent my tables in my publisher document from being
> re-sized.  In other words - I want what I have created to be used as a
> template that cannot be changed by anyone I send it to.  Consequently, I
> want
> my cells to be locked (know how to do this) and I want to prevent the
> users
> of this template from resizing the rows or columns.

0
jl_paules (2768)

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

password protected file with pivot table errors
Hey friends, We have a big problem, around 20% of the times we save workbooks with pivot tables inside and protect them with password for opening the file - the file get ruined! In those times, when we open the file (the password protected file with the tables inside), excel ask me for the pass (ok, I give it) and then say "file opening did not succeeded", and then let me type again, in the second time it opens but give a message saying "there where errors in the file, and changes where made:" (and then a list of my pivot tables saying that fixes made to them). Fr...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

How to create a table to qualify a qty discount in exel
Hi i'm creating a workbook to orginize stock, i'm not sure of how to create a table to give varying degress of discount according to the quatity bought ie: 5 items or less = no discount, 6 to 11 items =2% discount and so on, i have used an if statement so far but i'm not sure how it is meant to work in relation to the products and customers sheets, how does it all work together. Any help & guidence would be much appreciated. You can create yourself a lookup table, and use the vlookup formula. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_exce...

Locking Passwords after 1 attempt
We use GP 9 and the system is locking users upon 1 bad password attempt. Checking Password Policy On and the Off would not reset the bad password count. Please assist on how I can return password attempts to 3 instead of 1. You must have your SQL Server Lockout Threshold set to 50 because GP logs in multiple times during the login process. See this thread (and KB article 922456) for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=6947bd09-d1af-477f-a7e2-0c746beeb52c&sloc=en-us -- ...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with?
why is there a maximum number of indexes per SQL table that Access (jet) can deal with? is it really the count of indexes + statistics? I've seen plenty of documentation that states that typically DSS systems have twice as much index space as data space.. So I don't think that it's a case of 'over-indexing' I'm just tired of a crippled Jet front end and other people making me 'temporarily drop my indexes' so that they can link to my tables using Jet. has this bug gone away with Access 2007? Is it going away with Access 2010? ...

Shared 2007 Workbook, 3MB, 15 users, locks up after 2-3 hours of u
I) Scenario: A 3Mb Excel 2007 workbook with a single tab sheet is shared between 10 to 15 users who make changes to unprotected cells only and save regularly after every change is made. Each user makes about 100 to 200 saved changed over an 8 hour shift and a time span of 2-3 weeks. Networked PCs have 2GB RAM with users accessing 3 to 5 other programs besides Excel (Outlook, Acrobat, LPS, Company Intranet site, Internet sites,...) II) Issue/symptoms: a. everything works smoothly for 1 hour or 2, then some users start to get the message that the sheet is locked and they need t...

Segment Description Table
I did a select * into GL40200_103208 from GL40200 table as backup I then deleted the information from GL40200 opps need the account segments back I droped GL40200 and select * into GL40200 from GL40200_103108 next step UPDATE GL40200 SET DSCRIPTN = ' ' I reconicle GL within Dynamics but still no segment information. Tool>Setup>financial>segment has no segment numbers i By the way version 9.0 The GL40200 table requires either manual or SQL entry. You can either go to: Tools--> Setup--> Financial --> Segment, or do a table import into the Segment Description Ma...

relationships of 3 tables
Greeings, I am creating a db to track who serves what function in what Sunday at church. So I think I need 3 tables. 1. people who serve 2. functions they serve 3. dates they serve Many people can serve many dates and many people can serve many functions on many dates. So do I have the three tables and then a join table for people/dates and a join table for people/function and a join table for dates and functions? And how do I structure them. I am thinking: tblPeople peopleID pk name tblFunction functionID pk functionName tblDate ...

delete from many tables at the same time
Hi I am new using Access, and this may be an elemental question, but anyway, I have three tables: Customers. Orders. Payments. (Customers' payments) Customers has as primary key the name of the customer and the other two tables have as a primary key an automatic ID integer. How can I configure Access in the way that If I erase a Customer from the table Customers the other two tables will be automatically updated erasing also their Orders and Payments? Thanks, Enrique. -- Eng. Enrique Lopez. Go to the Relationships window and, if not already done, creat...

File Locked Error
Hello, I am encountering an error message when trying to open a shared XL 200 file. The error message indicates that the file is locked. I am unabl to disable shareing or use 'Save As' to get around the issue. Copyin also does not help (evidently the lock flag must be stored in the fil itself). Any ideas what a good workaround is? I'm at a lost. Our IT has bee looking into it since Monday with no luck. Thanks, Stev -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SteveS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Chart
I currently am using Excel 97. I've created charts using links to source data that is in dollar and percent formats. But when they pull into the chart data table they do not show the proper format. For example: In the source data worksheet it shows 97%, but when it pulls into the data table for the chart it shows .97437373. If I open the link then it shows properly, but as soon as I close the link it goes back to the bad format. How can I fix this? -- lajohn63 It sounds like a formatting issue. You may need to add a step to round (see round function in help) "lajohn63" wro...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Pivot table grouping problem #2
I have a pivot table that will not group numbers in a column. ie: Year Group 2004 2005 10 2 10 1 11 5 11 3 12 8 12 10 Why won't these rows combine and look like: Year Group 2004 2005 10 1 2 11 3 5 12 10 8 All other columns group fine when I try them, but the group column does not. Any ideas? Sheryl ...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

Compare value to Lookup table min & max, return contents of 3rd ce
Hi Excel 2003 As per the example created below I'm using a formula to return a number value (in D1) that can be anywhere between 0.00 & 6.00 (including 0.00 & 6.00) I want my formula (in E1) to compare the value (D1) to min & max values in a table (A4:A9), so whichever min & max my value equals or falls between, it will return the value in a 3rd cell adjacent the appropriate min & max cells(C4:C9) : A B C D E 1 4.75 Pink 2 3 Min Max 4 0.00 0.99 Blue 5 1.00 1.99 Green ...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Copy data into a table (but not the formula)
Hi First of all I apologise if this has been asked before. What I want to know is it possible, and if so how does one do it, to d the following ? Copy data from a cell into another cell in a table but without having formula in the destination cell , e.g Say $b1 contains the name Fred and I want to place Fred into the $c cell but I don't want there to be a formula in $c5 asking for it tha will update the contents of $c5, if I change the value held in $b5, fo instance, I put Fred in $b1 and Fred appears in $c5, but then I pu another name, say Bert into $b1 and it goes to $c6, but the co...

When I insert a table the text after in moves to the next page
I would be grateful for any help! I am using styles formatting and am doing a report. When I insert a table the text moves to the next page, what ever I do. It is driving me mad! I can't find a style option for tables and can't seem to save the table as a new style Adding new contents would move existing contents down the page, or even to the next page if there isn't room on the current page... Display nonprinting marks, for example by pressing Ctrl+Shift+8 (acts as a toggle). Are there any blank paragraphs (�) on the page? If so, remove them. Your text paragra...

Need help with tables
I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would be very much app...

Excel locks for no reason
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3DC0B.6B1B0630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using WinXP Home and Office Professional 2002, as I have been = since 2002. Recently, Excel started doing something wierd. When I open = my favorite spreadsheet (the one I use for all my financial stuff), I = frequently get a dialog that says that the file is locked for editing = and I can only open it as read-only. It seems to think that another = instance of the spreadsheet is in use when i...

Pivot Tables
What is the diffence between "Count Numbers" and "Count" in Pivot Tables? I am finding that "Count Numbers" in Pivot tables is like "Count" in formulas, and "Count" in Pivot tables is like "CountA" in formulas. Is this true? I think you have it! It's like what you find in the statusbar, too. RS wrote: > > What is the diffence between "Count Numbers" and "Count" in Pivot Tables? I > am finding that "Count Numbers" in Pivot tables is like "Count" in formulas, ...

Page Numbering in Locked Template
I have a word locked template form which I have inserted the page numbering. When someone is completing the form and they have a lot of information the document goes from 3 pages to 4 pages, yet the page numbering on the last page will not change. It is page x of y field but the last page still reads 4 of 3. Please help, thanks. I have got the number of pages working now, but the first page of the document is not to have numbering on it and it doesn't. So this is working. The problem is that if this first page which does not have numbering on it (company only page) a...