locking objects so they dont move on Pub 2000

Im trying to lock text and picture boxes so they dont move, ive done this in
other programs but can i be done in Publisher 2000?? If so does anyone have
any suggestions??

Thanks
0
Worker (3)

There is no way you can lock objects. They can be put them on the background
which will keep one from inadvertently moving the objects. You can group them
altogether and then create a rectangle the size of the page with no line and no
fill. This will make it difficult to select the objects.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Worker" <Worker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to lock text and picture boxes so they dont move, ive done this in
> other programs but can i be done in Publisher 2000?? If so does anyone have
> any suggestions??
>
> Thanks

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Excel locking up
For some strange reason I open a spreadsheet and when I click in the cell, I cannot do anything else...as I move the mouse around the selected cells just increases wherever I move the mouse....no menu selections are available and I cannot even select the close box in the upper right..I have to right click in the bottom taskbar and select close.... when I reopen it allows me to access all the menus items until I click in a cell and it locks up again....HELP!! if I restart the computer it goes away, but then it happens again several days later Hi Mabe David's page will help http://...

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Automating Auditing of Directory Service Objects
Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO efficient. These have to be deployed automatically (via script, command line or whatever) if at all possible. Is this possible? If so, where can I start looking? Thanks! On Wed, 19 May 2010 06:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Neil <neilriches@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to >the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO >efficient. These ...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Language Support for all Office 2000 programs
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm not finding any language support downloads for Office 2000. Does anyone have a specific link to send me to, so that I can do this? I have important documents that I have to print, but I recently got a new PC with 64-bit Vista. I loaded my 200 Office Suite on the PC, but it no longer is supporting the foreign language that I have throughout my documents. I just get block shapes instead. I need help. Thanks. Start here Deploying Office 2000 with Additional Language Resources http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2000/HA011383...

Outlook 2000 #196
I have several computers with Outlook 2000 on them. When they try to exit outlook, outlook just hangs there and will not exit. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing this. Thanks Cindy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several computers with Outlook 2000 on them. When > they try to exit outlook, outlook just hangs there and > will not exit. Anyone have any suggestions on fixing > this. Thanks See if something here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

removing predefined locked fileds
do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fileds from some forms (like address fileds in the Order form) ? On Feb 4, 1:05 am, "eliran" <eliran...@gmail.com> wrote: > do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fields > from some forms (like address fields in the Order form) ? You can't remove, but can hide them using onLoad event script like this: crmForm.all.ordernumber_c.style.display="none"; crmForm.all.ordernumber_d.style.display="none"; If there are a lot of fields, that you want to hide, you can p...

re install Pub 2000 problem.
Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the cd. When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc. what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, John :) Johnny1r wrote: > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to > re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publis...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

Outlook 2000 will shut down on its own.
Outlook 2000 will shut down after a few minutes of inactivity. It does not give any error and the program works fine. It just shuts down. ...

VBA project locked
Hi While importing the Calender package (Calendar80.Package) i got the following error "Package contains items that cannot be imported becuase their VBA project locked" Date Dialong , Microsoft Calender control 11.0 and Rm_Analysis Report were shown as locked How to resolve this ? ...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...

how do i move my taskbar back to bottom of my screen?
my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right side of my screen, how do i move it back to the bottom of my screen? KrisE wrote: > my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right side of my screen, > how do i move it back to the bottom of my screen? Drag them back to where you want them. Note - this is a Microsoft Outlook group. Your question would be best posted in one for your OS. "=?Utf-8?B?S3Jpc0U=?=" <KrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:65D28727-E334-4D05-ABAA-37F0B9CAEC66@microsoft.com: > my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right sid...

Excel 2000 crashes Win98 when I save. All reloads failed.
I'm running Office 2000 and Windows 98. Excel crashes badly when I save. Two Ctrl-Alt-Deletes get me as far as "exit excel" but that doesn't work. I always have to reboot. I have reloaded Windows 98 twice. I have removed Office 2000 completely and then reloaded it, again twice. I don't have antivirus software on this machine. Other machines with antivirus aren't detecting any virus activity on my zip disk files. I at least have a router and I don't use MS Outlook, which cuts down on viral attacks. Yahoo mail screens incoming email files. Is there s...

locking / unlocking cell in formula
E F 1 Do you own a guitar validation cell (yes/no) 2 If yes is it a Gibson 3 Is it a 5 string 4 Is it electric 5 Do you own a piano 6 Is it electric 7 Does it have 88 keys 8 Do you own a TV 9 Is it color 10 Is it an LCD 11 Is it 25" 12 Is it 32" 13 Is it 42" 14 Do you own a radio I would like to lock cells F2:F4 if F1 contains the word "no" I would also like to lock cells F6:F7 if F5 contains the word "no" I would also like to lock ce...

How to receive a message to my object?
Hello all: Look: class A { private: XXXX public: XXXX } obj; This class isn't inherited from MFC,I want to know how the object obj receive a message?Thank you very much. what message ......... windows message? ...... your question is very unclear ....... "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:OHJn3E2SHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > Look: > class A > { > private: > XXXX > public: > XXXX > } obj; > This class isn't inherited from MFC,I want to know how the object obj > receive a message?Thank you...