Linux Server

hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i cant understand... i cant edit it

is there someone else what to do?.. please help. thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from toni
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"...
> hi! peepz!.. i want to upload my webpage made in publisher 2003 in my
> web server redhat <apache>, is it compatible?... i already tried to
> upload it but it is too slow. :( publiser put some script that even i
> cant understand... i cant edit it.
You can upload it to a Linux server, so long as you upload all the files
generated.  It will take a while and be slow to load, as the web pages that
Publisher generates are big.
You don't want to edit the pages manually.  If you're going to edit them,
edit them in Publisher and then re-export them.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Redoing Exchange 2002 Server
This coming Friday I will be adding a Windows Server 2003 to my current Windows 2000 domain. Yes, the 2003 server will be the new domain controller. At this point, I feel comfortable with the addition of the server 2003. My question is more centered around my exchange server. I have Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2000, and what I want to do after moving to Active Directory 2003 is run Exchange on Server 2003 and not on Server 2000 like it is now. Currently I backup exchange with Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec 11d. I have both the exchange agent and the open files agent. I hav...

MSN.COM server
I'm setting up my outlook express to get my mail from msn.com But HOTMAIL, doesn't allow this anyone know the server address toget your @msn.com mail? David Hello, You need to setup the account as an "HTTP" account. When you select "HTTP" for the account type, Outlook will pretty much walk you through the remainder of the process. "Archiac" <kristinscott@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:EH1Fb.1344$ED.516@bignews2.bellsouth.net... > > I'm setting up my outlook express to get my mail from msn.com > > But HOTMAIL, doesn'...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...

Access work exchange server from home...
My company has a setup on the exchange server to access our work email from outside the company through a web browser. I would rather be able to have outlook go and retrieve the messages from the server and not use the web browser. Unfortunately the company says that we CAN'T do that. I don't believe it. I figure that there may be certain ports to use or something, but any help would be greatly appreciated. The address for the email is something like this: https://csfowa.thisisamadeupname.com/exchange/root.asp This link, which is what I type in the browser to access the server...

Finding a DL's home server
I'm trying to write a VBS that will add mailboxes to Distribution Lists, based on the CSV file from a Directory Export. I'm having troubles because in order to ADD a mailbox, you need to use the DL's home server in the LDAP ADsPath. This is not required if you only want to READ a property of the DL. For example, Let's say that the DL, 'DL-Office', is on Server1 which is in another Site. Say Server2 is local to me. If I just want to know how many members there are in 'DL- Office' I can do the following: strDL="LDAP://Server2/cn=DL-Office,cn=DLs,ou=Ci...

Routing some outbound messages to a server on my network
I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except for the ones addressed to any one @Unix.OurDomain.com It looks like I can set up Address spaces on two virtual servers to do that. The address space for the Unix server would be Unix.OurDomain.com but I don't know the syntax for the address space on the other server. Is this the right way to go about it? Lee Robinson On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:25:14 -0500, "Lee Robinson" <lee@robinson.net> wrote: >I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except >for the ones addresse...

Vista SP1 does not communicate with Exchange server 2003
I am having vista sp1 in my laptop with outlook 2007. After connecting with VPN if I try ping to my exchange server 2003, it is not pinging . Vista pings some random ip which never exists. In Windows XP I never had a problem like this. I tried all possibilities which are given in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939321 and etc. Outlook says it should be online or server name cannot be resolved. Nothing seems to resolve my problem. Can anybody pls help me on this? ...

Problems with a MFC ODBC consumer class on ISAPI server
Hello, I'm trying to read and write to an Access database, using an ISAPI server. In order to do so, I've configured a MFC ODBC consumer class with the following configuration: - "Data Source" on the machine = Access Database (second Property Sheet of "Select Datasource") - "Type" is Dynaset - "Bind all columns" checked. The resulting connection string is the following: ------------ Example 1 ------------ CString CDatabase::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T("DSN=MS Access database;DBQ=C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\data\\database.mdb;DefaultDi...

Route email for unresolved recipients to external Exchange server
Hi, I've posted this on the SBS group but had no response, since it's completely to do with Exchange hopefully someone in here will be able to help... One of our clients is actually 2 sister companies, each with their own office, geographically dispersed. One has a SBS2000, the other SBS2003. Each has their own email domain and both servers receive email for their own domain through SMTP. In reality the two companies are very tightly interwoven, to the degree that users in company 1 need not only their company 1 email address (userx@co1domain.co.uk) but also the correspondin...

Druing setup,Outlook does not open, exchange server error message
During setup, Outlook will not open and a error message say cannot open exchange server. scottblue3 <scottblue3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > During setup, Outlook will not open and a error message say cannot > open exchange server. Use the Mail applet in Control Panel (the E-mail Accounts button) to remove the Exchange account if you're not using Exchange. -- Brian Tillman ...

disk full problem on a server
i am a virtual user in CT. my office/network is in Atlanta. we use a VPN to get into our network. i have cable modem access. one of the servers is something called a "Celerra" (whatever that is) whereupon i gain access to a shared file in Excel. I have Version 11.6355.6408 SP1. i have Office 2003 and Windows 2000 Professional. i keep getting 'disk full' messages when trying to do updates to that shared file. the server has 29 GIG free. my workaround is to save the file to my local harddrive then copy it back into the server. my desktop folks and network services folk...

How to remove unprotected servers from DPM 2010
In DPM 2007, to remove an unprotected computer that no longer existed you just ran the task to uninstall the agent from that computer. The uninstall would fail (since the computer was not online) and you were given the option to delete the computer from DPM. In DPM 2010, the uninstall fails like in 2007, but then you are NOT given that same option to delete the computer from DPM. Is there a power shell command or script to remove these de-commisioned computers from DPM? If you are using Post beta builds you can run Remove-Productionserver.ps1 to remove the agent fr...

Load Excel data in a SQL Server table
Hi all, what's the simple way to read an Excel file (always in the same format and name) in my WinForm and pass this data to a SQL Server stored procedure? Thanks in advance. Luigi "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FCDFDA-7BFD-4358-858F-15A391C19B7A@microsoft.com... > What's the simplest way to read an Excel file (always in the same format > and > name) in my WinForm and pass this data to a SQL Server stored procedure? http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Excel+OleDb ...

Problem with Exchange HTTP virtual server..pls help
Hi, I created Exchange Virtual Server using ESM & the same is not getting reflected under IIS.. What could be the problem here? pls guide... At present, i have 2 Exchange Virtual Servers (http servers) under Protocols > HTTP section of ESM. However, when i open IIS i only see Default Website? Also, i am unable to start/stop newly created Virtual Server using ESM as these options are grayed out. Any help appreciated. I would re-write my query in more detail as follows : Hi, I have my scenario as follows : 1 Front end server 1 Back end server Front end server has 2 ip ad...

Need help with an OLE server application
Hello, I am working on an OLE document server application. I started from the code generated by the AppWizard and added our drawing code. It works fine just a problem - the container drawing never gets updated after edited. It seems however, the document server is serialized succesfully because the document displays OK when activated. Anything could be wrong here? Please help me thanks. ...

leave a copy on my isp server
i need to leave a copy of messages on my isp server when download mails in local exchange server. i am using the pop3 connector to download mails. On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:34:05 -0700, Atif <Atif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to leave a copy of messages on my isp server when download mails in >local exchange server. i am using the pop3 connector to download mails. Use POPCON or POPBeamer which are very cheap, non Microsoft, POP3 Connectors. The once included with SBS is no good beyond very basic operation. ...

how to delete spam mails from server
i am using same mail address on both pc,notebook and handheld. in that case, i choose 'do not delete mails from server for 5 days' . but i am in trouble with too many spam mails. i am plannig to use outlooks junk mail and control new mails on every minute. the notebook and handheld checks every 10 mins. but i can not create a rule in outlook for deleting junk mail directly from server. any ideas ? and thank you.. OL has no such ability. If you are saying you have set OL to check every 1 minute on a sys that can cause resource & other probs. A third party tool eg Mailwashe...

Licensing stuff..runing Exch2K3 on one server OWA on another
I'd like some clarification if anyone is able to provide. I didn't see a 'licensing' specific forum which would be a convenient consideration. We're currently running on Exch5.5 and are aware of desupport in the near future. We're considering the purchase of Exchange 2K3 and discovered that we need to swallow the cost of the old Exchange CALs and purchase new ones in order to use 2K3. A bitter subject. The other question was the licensing requirements for having Exchange2K3 as our back-end server and running OWA on a DMZ server. From the sounds of it we wo...

ISA server: logging no good
Hello friends of the SBS and ISA softwares. My SBS 2003 comes stacked with ISA 2004 right? And i've been using it ever since, works all good, but i feel like i'm not taking any real benefit from it, in terms of logging and knowing whats happening with the internet access and websites visited and who's leaching all the bandwidth. If i go to Monitoring / Logging all i see is anonymous users and ip's. That doesnt help me the least. I would like to see: - local usernames - local computernames - website addresses being accessed Same when i generate a repo...

Deletion settings in Mailbox Store Properties
Our company would like to enforce a policy to permanently delete items 30 days or older from each mailboxes Deleted items folder. The mailboxes all reside on the Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Store Properties, Deletion settings, the Keep deleted items for (days) is set to 30, yet the items are not being deleted. My thoughts are that it is because we do not have the Mailbox Manager scheduled to run. Is that correct? I am a little hesitant to run it because I am worried about what else it might "manage". I only see one recipient policy and that is for email addresses. ...

MSExchangeFBPublish on new Exchange 2003 server
I've recently added an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server to an Exchange 5.5 organization (we are following the standard migration path). I have ADC recipient and public folder connection agreements (two-way). In the event viewer on the Exchange 2003 server, I'm seeing the following approximately every 25 minutes: Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8197 Description: Error initializing session for virtual machine <myservername>. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Do you have a replica of the free-busy system folder on your...

How to change the SMTP Server in CRM
How can I change the SMTP Server after the installation? I follow the instructions on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906471 but I could not send anything. Does anybody can help me? -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Hello, Some time ago I solved this by just reinstalling the CRM server software using an existing database. Be carefull when you enter the SMTP settings. Do not use default settings because this assumes you are running SMTP on your ...

Alternative SMTP server in OL Connector
Hi, I'm using Office Live Connector to connect my Outlook to Windows Live Mail when I'm at home. Unfortunately my ISP for wireless internet service (that I use when travelling) does not allow my laptop to connect directly to SMTP.LIVE.COM server and wants that I use its SMTP server for outgoing mail. Is it possible to configure the Office Live Connector to use an alternative SMTP server instead of SMTP.LIVE.COM? I could use POP3, I know, but I don't want to download messages on my laptop. I want to connect to the server from different PCs. -- Plo First l...

No notification for new emails in Outlook 2003 when server side rule is applied
Hi all, I have recently installed Outlook 2003 and am experiencing a problem such that I only receive notifications (envelope icon in system tray / desktop alerts) when a new mail arrives directly in my inbox - I have some server side rules running on the exchange folder that deliver mail to some other folders and when mail goes to them I never get notified. I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and found a fix or whether it is a known fault that will be fixed with the next service pack? Any help would be much appreciated, Cheers, Dan. If the mails never hit your Inbox you will ...

"Failed to open a rowset", "Cannot obtain error message from Server."
Hi...I've been working on this report for the past few days and I haven't been able to solve this problem! I'm using Crystal 9.0 and I've got 2 subreports within a main report and they connect to a stored procedure via ODBC...every time I enter a parameter that has no matching records, I get the following two messages "Failed to open a rowset" and "Not supported. Details: Cannot obtain error message from Server." I can't figure out where or why this occurs...Can anyone look this over and see what I'm doing wrong?? 1st Subreport declare @curruser ...