Linking Powerpoint and Publisher publications

Right Im trying to produce a Business plan (sadly im not away to become a
rich and successful entrepreneur, this is all coursework for university!) and
a presentation to go with it.  I would quite like the business plan and the
slideshow to have a matching theme, the same background, graphics etc but how
do I do that?? Any ideas?? I just want it to look resonably professional

0
student1 (34)

In Publisher 2003, choose New from the File menu and then
select New from a design. The master sets have many
coordinated designs to the Templates in PowerPoint 2003.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/29/2004 8:23:23 PM
> I would quite like the business plan and the
>slideshow to have a matching theme, the same background, graphics etc but how
>
>do I do that?? Any ideas?? I just want it to look resonably professional

Having seen many of these during my corporate career, I would suggest the
following:

Devise a "logo" for your plan. Use this in both the plan and the slides. Don't
use it *too* much or get 'cute' with it. I would define 'cute' as using the
logo as the bullet symbol. Make sure you have one that will look good as a b/w
in a print out of the plan (you normally print these to distribute to several
people and they don't get printed in color.). You can create a background in
powerpoint that will show the logo on every slide. Don't animate it or put
sound effects with it.

Since your logo will be in color, you can have coordinated colors in the
powerpoint, but don't put these in the written plan - just a plain white
background with black ink text.

Choose a clearly readable, but different font for the Powerpoint and the main
heading in the plan. One I've seen used is Comic Sans.

Don't waste a lot of time on this unless you know for sure that you're going to
be graded on 'presentation'. The critical elements are the plan and the
presentation of the plan.

Jean
0
njean1943 (12)

Switching from Powerpoint to Access
Help!I have used the following VBA code to open MyDatabase.mdb from a button onmy PP Presentation which has the advantage of not exiting the presentationto use database illustrations.Private Sub ViewDatabase_Click() Dim stAppName As String stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exeC:\MyDatabase.mdb" Call Shell(stAppName, 1)End SubHowever, I would prefer to directly open a specified form (MyForm) within the databasefrom the said button.Can anybody suggest the code I need to add ?Would appreciate help.Dick Troy There are two options.1 is to go under To...

Use a picture as text
I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was made from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if so how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several letters to form the picture. The letters looked like word art. Thank you "KathySam" wrote: >I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was >made > from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if > so > how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several > letter...

Link Worksheets
I want the user to select which worksheet to work on..i have a total of 39 worksheets in the workbook.I dont want the user to be able to use tabs found at bottom of worksheet. This sheet is kinda front sheet.. For instance if user wants to go to 39 sheet.. IS it possible to select it from a combo box list and then jump to that work sheets.. I hav 13 wards wit 3 option breakfast,lunch ,tea....13 *3 = sheets Anyway you can select one of 13 wards from combo box and then select one of three options and then jump to that worksheet.. Closest thing is having a hyperlink on worksheet that links to a...

Publisher 2003 Printing Problem #2
I am experiencing a problem printing to printers from Publisher 2003. If the printer is added via printui.dll as a Per Machine Printer connection publisher will not print to it. All other printing from windows works fine. If I add the printer just to the user's profile, then printing appears to work just fine. For some reason Publisher 2003 is unable to print to per machine printers setup from a network share via printui.dll. Any help or suggestions? I can find nothing in the knowledge base to help. Why is Publisher affected in this way? The rest of Office prints fine...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

Telephone format of Contacts in Outlook (public folder).
Hi, I've got lots of contacts stored in a Contact folder in my Public folders. All of these contacts have the phone specified with multiple format (UK, International.. other) depending who did enter the contacts at a given moment. I now have to uniform that to one single format (eventually reject and flag for manual update the contacts with non-recognizable number) I'm totally novice in Outlook / contacts / PF scripting, and I'll be glad to get any tips here. Thanks, Chris -- ______________________________________________ It's still better that if it would have been worst...

Public Folder Replication not running
We have two exchange 2000 servers in the same exchange organization, same active directory domain. We have one set of public folders that have been configured to replicate to both servers. We would create public folders on one server and then they replicate to the other server immediately (replication interval set to "always"). But last week the replication suddenly stopped for new folders, although existing ones still appear to replicate their contents. When we create a new folder on one server, and set it in system manger to replicate to the other server, replicas never appear ...

Missing Public Folder Store
In Exchange 200 server System Manager, the inherited permissions on the Public Folder Store under the First Storage Group were accidentally removed. After doing this, the Public Folder Store does not show up anymore, but the database files pub1.edb and pub1.stm still exist in the MDBDATA folder Is there any way to reset the permissions on this object. I would expect it to still show up as an unmounted database but it does not show up at all Use ADSIEdit to add the inherited checkbox back. ADSIEdit can be found by installing the Windows 2000 Support tools off of the Windows 2000 CD. ADS...

Sharing Categories in your Public Categories with Other Users.
Is their any way that you can share the Category information that you've tagged a certain contact information and other users on your network can see that category you've assigned it (since it's in a public folder) For instance, we have a public folder which has a list of our contacts, we want to categorize them since their is a vast number of them and it's become unmanageable. If I click on the contact and assign it a category, it seems that I can only see the category that i've assigned it on my workstation, but i can't see what I assigned it on my colleagues comput...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm Microsoft wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point > slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is > changed. We can s...

Can't see public folder in ESM
I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before) but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only thing that has changed is that I just installed SP2 for exchange. I can't find the solution to this.... any help would be great. thank you. On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:06:27 -0800, Joe J. <JoeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to add a public folder and mail enable it (as I did many times before) >but when I go into ESM there is nothing under the Public Folders. The only >thing that has changed is that I just inst...

Can I link Notepad text file to Visio Standard 2002 SR-1?
I have two questions: A. How to have Visio Standard 2002 SR-1 move a notepad text file fro one directory to another directory? B. How to pull notepad data with Visio Standard 2002 SR-1 int Entivity? I have a PC with Entivity Studio; this same PC is going to have process analyzer dumping a Notepad text file to the C drive. Th analyzer adds new data to this file about every five minutes, or i will create a new file if one is not there. Somehow I need to grab thi data and display it on the Entivity HMI. To make sure I always grab the most current data, I was thinking o moving the entire text ...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Linking Combo box to pivot table?
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a count of the calls in the data area. What I would love is that if I could have a combo box on a worksheet which when I select a team from its list it only shows me that teams data in the pivot table. Is this possible please?? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 You could move Team to the page area of the pivot table. Select a team, and the pivot table will only show its data. Adam wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a > c...

links are breaking ??
We have a few excel files which link to other files. Several people use them each month. We are experiencing broken links (like someone chose to break the links or copied/pasted values). Is there any excel reason this could be happening, or is it definitely user error? I've never seen excel convert formulas to values without someone asking for to do it. I'd start the investigation with the users! (And you're sure there are no macros lurking that could be doing this in error???) KMiles wrote: > > We have a few excel files which link to other files. Several people...

HELP ME! Outlook Express Freezes When I Click On A Link
Hi, All of a sudden when I click on a link in an email message in Outlook Express, not only does the link not open, but my whole Outlook Express program freezes up. I'm running Win XP Professional, Service Pack 1. Does anyone know a fix for this? It's driving me crazy. Thanks, stacie. Aloha stacieglass, You should probably ask this "down the hall" in one of the Outlook Express newsgroups. This group is for Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite which, despite the confusingly similar name, is a totally different product. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &...

Publisher 2007, file too large.
I have recently installed publisher 2007. When I try to save any files bigger than 1.5MB it takes a long time in trying to save it and then gives the message: The file is too large. Delete some objects and save again. I never experienced this problem with Publisher 2003. Any suggestions/help will be appriciated. How much RAM are you running? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mr. E" <Mr. E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0DEBB6E-695D-425B-A754-4AB1C45C3CF2@microsoft.com... >...

Copying and Pasting Between Published Documents
Hi I have created a 132 Document in Publisher 2007 I needed to make a highly customised and intelligent Index so I created a second document and typed the index in that, having both documents open on extended Windows Pages I thought it would be easy to move the index from the second document into the first document containing the text It does not appear possbible to copy and paste table pages between the two publisher documents Is there any way I can accomplish this task without retyping the Index in the first document Roger Stenson Roger, 1. Create on your 132 page document a bla...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

HELP!! PUBLIC FOLDERS E2K3
I am running Exchange Server 2003 on a standalone Win2k3 server, both are Enterprise version. Earlier today, I rebuilt and defragged the public folders for both the default public folder store and a secondary public folder store. After rebuilding and defragging, the secondary public folder store was fine, but the default public folder store was no longer listed in the First Storage Group. The .edb & .stm files are intact and are consistent (eseutil /mh), but for some reason the First Storage Group, which uses pub1.edb is not listed in the First Storage Group. If I attempt to...

Guides not visible over images in Publisher 2003
hi all, i am using publisher 2003 under XP with SP2 and am having the following problem: i am creating a flyer. i want to have an image going across the entire background. when i try to pull the layout guides out from the ruler, i don't see them (yes, they are on, too). as soon as i delete the image, i see them again. i would expect the guides to be on a meta level...above everything else, since they aren't really objects meant for printing. any ideas on how i can get them to show? thanks! thanks brian... don't know why i didn't think of this myself. instead, i let ...

Problem replicating Public folders
We have two Exchange Servers in the organization. One is running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise (Server A) and the other has Exchange Server 2003 Standard (Server B), both fully patched. Contents of some public folders are being successfully replicated between the two folder. For some reason, the other folders are not. When go to the Replication Tab of these Public Folders, I get the following error message: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. MAPI, or an unspecified service provider. ID no:...

Publisher 03, how do I apply a change to all pages in a calendar?
I created a 12-page calendar - a full page per month. How can I change a font and have it apply to all 12 pages? Similarly, how can I add a graphic and have it show on all pages? Thanks! Click the font scheme, it should be on the calendar task bar, if not open it from the format menu. Select a font scheme or create one of your own. The graphic is simple enough, insert it on the first page, paste it on the next 11. It should paste exactly where it was placed on page one. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "EddieP...