linked pages not working properly in mspub2000 for windows

Hi,

On a pc, I created a 31 page document possibly done in
Pub.98 that functioned perfectly.

Now, while trying to edit/revise that document on a new
computer in Pub 2000, finding that when I add
new/additional text, instead of the text linking to the

For example, I am typing on page 20 and instead of the text
continuing onto page 21, it jumps to the end of the
document (page 31)

I have tried to create links between pg 21 & 22, but can't
create a link- I get a message that there is 'text'. It
will only link to a blank page, but I need it to be
continuous text.

How can I have all my pages from page 1 to page 31 linked
in sequence. Is there anyway I can do that at this time?

ps - tried to use 'autoflow' but that did not help with
this problem.

Appreciate any help. Not having any luck with Help menu on
program.

Sandy

0
sandy99 (1)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Sandy <sandy99@intercom.net>...
> How can I have all my pages from page 1 to page 31 linked
> in sequence. Is there anyway I can do that at this time?

Cut and paste all your text into a document in Notepad (or in Word if
there's a lot of formatting).  (Select some text in a text box, CTRL-A,
CTRL-X will cut all the text in a text box so you can link in to it later)
Now arrange it in sequence.
Now copy it back in, turning AutoFlow off.
Now link the text boxes.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

Page break in normal view set at startup
Excel 2003. Is it possible to have Excel with Tool/Options/View/Page Break always set at startup. Hi Stephen, try adding the following VBA code to the workbook Code: -------------------- Sub Auto_Open() ActiveSheet.DisplayAutomaticPageBreaks = True End Sub -------------------- HTH Art -- HiArt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HiArt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=402065 Do you mean for a particular workbook or f...

How make an Accelerator key work regardless of which control has fokus?
Hello, I have an MFC, CFormView, application. On the form I have several different controls, e.g. Edit control, Tab control (in the tab control I have a grid control) I also have defined an accelerator key (F5). Now to my problem: If the focus is set to one of the edit controls then the accelerator key will work. But if the focus is on the grid control then nothing happens... I guessing that the grid control, or the tab control, is "eating" the key but how do I make the key "visible" to the form? I'm using VC++ 2005 and the grid is Mr. Chris Maunders MFC Grid ver...

windows updates installation fails
Hello there, I am using XP Pro sp3, I just installed it and when running the windows updates from IE I am able to download the updates bu then the installation fails. How can I delete all downloads and reset the windows client update settings? Thank you, T Which is the update(s) failing to install? Further information required: How to view the Update log in Windows Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type %windir%\windowsupdate.log and then click OK. Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate the error code(s) associated with the ...

Windows live won't print single page email... prints eye charts only?
Can someone tell me WHY the body of any email invoice has to be printed with BIG text (1/8th inch tall) and be spread across 2 to 3 pages???? Do I need to get away from HP? Do I need to get away from Microsoft? Does Apple have this problem? Can I go back to like Windows 3.1 on my new pavilion? It's real simple. I run a small home based business. I don't even use my computer to do that, except I sometimes order parts online and thus receive invoices via email. For tax purposes, I need to make a hard copy. I've tried everything I can but CANNOT reduce the text si...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Updating a DATE, only if the page has been modified.
I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing: ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy") I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the sheet was modified/changed. So the logic would be somthing like: IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date) Can any one point me in the right direction? Thank you That requires custom VBA code. If you want help with that just let us know. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Michael" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing: > ="Print Date: "&...

Will Office 2000 work in Win XP-Professional 64-bit version
Which of these products will work with Win XP-Professional 64-bit version 1. Microsoft Word 2000 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 3. Microsoft Publisher 2003 "vootsak" <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357F4C8F-0889-44C6-AF84-39C393026C4B@microsoft.com... > Which of these products will work with Win XP-Professional 64-bit version > > 1. Microsoft Word 2000 > > 2. Microsoft Excel 2000 > > 3. Microsoft Publisher 2003 > > Should but no absolute guarantee as there may be something else installed that will ...

how do i see the numbers of pages at the bottom of my work sheet?
i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very inconvenient. what happened maggiekins wrote: > i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i > worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to > page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very > inconvenient. what happened ============================= View / Status Bar. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** ...

Contact Full Name Doesn't sort properly
I recently changed from "First Last" to "Last, First" in the system settings. I updated the ContactBase and the SysUser tables to take of of the existing records. I noticed when I type in a quick find search on the contacts it doesn't sort properly. It sorts by the last name, then the first name then about 1/2 way down, I notice there are some records out of alphabetical order. I double checked the Quick Find Query and the sort column is set to the full name. Not sure how/why it's not truly sorting on full name (yes, they are all active records) When you...

Word Quits when I close document window
I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a window in word, it usually quits with an error message that says it quit unexpectedly and that other applications and the system are not affected. This also happened when I was running Word for Mac '98 on Classic 9.2.2, but not as consistently. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it? In article <0aef01c3789d$3d5f4c00$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Liz" <S0journer@aol.com> wrote: > I'm running Office:mac X on OS 10.1.5. When I close a > window in word, it usually quits with an error message th...

Office 2007 will not install on 1 particular Windows 7 machine
I have just performed a custom install of Windows 7 Pro on a computer that has been running Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 successfully for several years. I had some trouble geting a stable installation of Win 7 but after an expensive visit to the Geek Squad, which determined that a particular Windows update was causing the system to crash, I now have a stable installation. (They disabled that particular update, too.) The problem is that I am unable to install any of my fully-licensed copies of Office 2007 on this machine, even though I have it running happily on two ...

Quotes in money 2007 stopped working
Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine stopped about 10 am. JC Same here JC. -Kevin "JC" <handccomputers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1DC73822-FBAB-4E77-BC7B-F5B7556A4876@microsoft.com... > Anyone else having problems with Money 2007 downloading quotes? Mine > stopped about 10 am. > > JC ...

Adding data from multiple cell and linking to a new worksheet
I have data in a sheet with names and amounts due. Like A 500 B 300 A 600 B 300 C 400 C 200 There is a second sheet named summary. I want the totals of each person to appear in the summary sheet. These should be linked cells and any change in data in sheet 1 should be updtaed automatically Create a PivotTable http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Rashmi" <Rashmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56DC0F3A-8D60-4FE2-B778-3A07790EFE8A@microsoft.com... >I have data in a sheet wi...

windows 98 restart
When windows is booting up i get this error massage .Windows found an error in your system files and restored a recent back-up of the files to fix the problem.Then it tells you to restart,but nothing happens but the same massage, over an over ,thanks in advance. The most likely cause of this error is a hardware failure of some sort, such as RAM or disk. You should run some diagnostics to check that the hardware is operating properly. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188867 Troubleshooting Windows 98 Startup Problems If that does not identify the problem, try unplugging all u...

How do I preset data to auto copy to a certain page
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

Is this going to work
Hi, I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box uses this T1 as well. I just got an additional DSL as backup. So basically I now have 2 routers as gateway. Can I connect the DLS router to the same switch as my lan and exchange, then give exchange a second gateway and create a new MX record that maps to the DSL public IP? Thanks No. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB769181-B634-47B7-AFD4-AA3419C1548B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a dedicated T1 which connects my LAN to the WWW. My exchange box > uses...

shared DLL VS static Link, Are they different?
hi, everyone, I meet a strange problem: I'm using VC6 and create a dialog based applications. And I want to add a third part library( Open computer library--OpenCV AS DLL). I linked with the cxcored.lib. My APP will call functions in cxcore001d.dll. I only add two functions in the OnInitDialog function: ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// BOOL COpenCVdialogDlg::OnInitDialog() { ...... m_iplImage = cvCreateImage(ImgSize,IPL_DEPTH_8U,IMAGE_CHANNELS); cvReleaseImage(&m_iplImage); ...... } //////////////////////////////////////////////...

Re: Links Won't open Properly
Just to let everyone know; FireFox has released an updated version of their browser (2.0.0.2) and everything is now properly default. Opening links in WM and Outlook now open in Firefox. Thanks to all for you help. "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:... >I have done that, and somehow when I went into program defaults (Control >Panel/Default Programs), I have to have it set to IE or it won't open under >Protocols HTTP HTTPS FTP. I can get it to work this way, but only in IE. >Funny though, both browser say they are the default. When I go into ...

Virtual Pages in Publisher
In Publisher 2003, how can I create virtual pages that when printed to A4 printer will print four of these virtual pages to a sheet of A4? ...

How do make my logo's background (the actual page) transparent?
I've read the instructions on how to make a background transparent. So the background of my text box is transparent. But when I paste it on a colored background in Power Point, it's still white. I guess this is because the actual Publisher page background is white. Can someone help please? Thanks, Patty Highlight the text, not the box, copy Paste special, unformatted text. Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "WordSmooth" <WordSmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EF152A5-3C61-40...

How to transfer subfolders from hotmail to windows live?
Hi! I am operating windows 7 on a new computer and can not transfer my subfolders in my hotmail account to my windows live mail desktop. I used to have it on my windows xp and it was fine but since set up on here I can't get my other folders to move over. can anyone help? thanks If you configure your Hotmail account in WLM, it will automatically use DeltaSync which will sync all your folders and messages in Windows Live Mail. If you use POP, only messages from Hotmail's Inbox will be downloaded in WLM (Hotmail-Inbox). PS: there are no subfolders in Hotmail (you can'...

margins and page size in worksheet
I will try to express myself clearly but I might not be able to fully do so: I have a 22 page worksheet with each page as a technical data sheet. When i print these, the text is fine but the size of the main outline border is different on the different pages---in other words, the space between the side borders to the side ends of the paper, and the spacing of the top and bottom border lines to the top and bottom of the paper, is different on different pages. This may have something to do with margins and page setup, I am not sure? In summary is there a way to format these 22 pages so th...

Finding invalid link
I have a big spreadsheet that has a link to a file that no longer exists. How can I locate the cell(s) that contains the invalid link? I tried the FIND function using 'look in formulas' and it was unable to locate the cell(s). Thanks in advace, Michelle Is it important to find the linked cell? If not, Edit>Links and change the link to the file itself. You may also Insert>Name>Create>look for a name reference that refers to #REF! and delete the name. Thwere is also a free download addin named findlink.xla. You may Google for it or perhaps someone will post the link to...

Saving a page of my workbook.
I have a workbook that is my starting template. Whenever my macros are run I create a new page in the workbook that is setup with links to information on the other page(s). When I have the information the way that I want it, I want to do a saveas and save only the one page and I want all of my linked information to be gone. Like doing a copy and paste special, values. Or do I have to create a blank new workbook, copy the good page into it with a copy and paste special, values then do a save on this new one? Thought there may some functions of commands that would accomplish this for me. T...

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.. 03-24-10
I came into the office today and got the message "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile." --- I've had this happen once or twice before.. I rebooted and things were fine. This time it didn't work. So, I've been fooling around for like 3 hours setting everything up as I had it previously. I figured out how to get back all my Firefox bookmarks and passwords. They were still stored under my username. Also got back most of my Thunderbird emails.. I lost my sent box and some of my inbox. Got back my Outlook emails as well. I'm only using Outlook mai...