Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed

I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I
have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using
top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or
viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also
happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%.

I am working with two column text and the pictures are
inserted into each column.

How can I fix this problem?
0
emax (2)

What version of Windows and Publisher are you using???

You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are
exasperating!

donotknock (1941)
10/1/2003 1:24:51 AM

I am using Windows XP and Publisher 2002. I am using a HP
5550 printer. Everything is current on upates. Do you
need more information ? Sorry for the exasperation.>

>.

0
emax (2)
10/1/2003 1:56:53 AM
Eddie you are ok.  Just send $US1M as compensation for my exasperation.

Eddie Publisher 2003 is printer independent and this issue you are seeing is
not a problem of Publisher.

Are you using TrueType or OpenType fonts of known quality - as in those
supplied with Windows or Publisher?
The problems poor fonts can cause are multitude of various problems.

Your video card driver may need updating as this could be caused by
incorrect rendering of your video card.

If you press F9 twice quickly, see if it renders/redraws the screen
differently.

Don't hesitate to post back with any type of questions relating to Publisher
or the operation/use thereof.

donotknock (1941)

How move contacts from ACT2000-to-Outlook2003BCM?
Am using ACT2000 (ACT Ver 5.0.4.495) on WinXP PC with soon-to-be installed Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager (PC currently only has Outlook 2002). I wondered what the BEST way is to move my ACT contacts, along with ALL notes, emails, and anything else to Outlook 2003. (The last part is key... *WITH* all notes, emails, etc.) I went through contacts in ACT and thinned back to a database of only about 100 that I'd like to keep and therefore need to transfer to Outlook 2003. If necessary, I cut copy/paste the text of the notes and emails, once the contacts are in Outlook, but of cou...

How do I insert a clip art picture into a text box in word 2003
Trying to insert a picture into a text box in Word 2003 with very little success. Using Word as some students in the community do not have access to Publisher. Trying to create 4 invitations to a page. Want to use a text box to include text and graphics and then copy and paste four times. Help. Hi Lindas you'ld be better of posting to microsoft.public.word.newusers rather than an excel newsgroup personally, i would use a 2x2 (or 1x4) table in word for this rather than text boxes. Cheers JulieD "Lindas" <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Printing Pivot Table Pie Charts
I have 1400 names in a list each, person has their own data. I created a pivot pie chart to display that data. Can anyone tell me how to print the pivot table so I get a separate sheet for each name selected...without me having to click on the dropdown list each time? Also does anyone know how to hide a field, but have the data still be displayed in the pie chart? thanks ...

Printing Problem
I have a spreadsheet with a picture on the first page. When I look at the spreadsheet in any of the Excel views it looks great however when I print the spreadsheet the logo almost doubles in size covering data on the spreadsheet. I have noticed that some other of my spreadsheets have started doing the same thing. Does anyone have any idea why excel does this? Thanks ...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

white text appearance when control is clicked
Working with Access 2003 and XP. I have a white form with a dark colored header. I placed a transparent control (with the company name) in the header and formatted the text to be white. It looks great, but I want users to be able to click in the control to execute a search function on the organization name. When you click in the control, you get white text on a white background. Even after searching, the cursor stays in the field and you can't see the company name. Is there anyway to turn the background of the activated control to any other color than white? Thanks, Ruth On Jun 20, 12:...

How do I resize text as if it was geometry?
I have a group made of text and geometry, and when i resize the group, the text stays the same font it was written in. How do I turn the text into a collection of re sizable lines? (if that's the way to solve this) This article may describe the behavior you want: http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/08/11/694681.aspx -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "????" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30994508-A16E-4634-BDE9-B77BBFE33645@mic...

Angling Label Text on a Chart
I have a user with a Multi-Level Category Label on his chart. The label has the following data: 2 4 6 8 Nov-09 Dec-09 Jan-10 Feb-10 He's wanting the text to be aligned at an angle and so far I'm only able to get the top values to display at an angle and not both. Any ideas? -- -Karen Excel does not allow for changing the orientation of lower layers of multiple level labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and...

How to copy (or move) Journals from one folder to another
Yesterday I had to rebuild my Outlook file, and I have a working version now but all my journals are in a 2nd folder rather than in the main Journal one. As I can't delete the empty main one, ideally I'd like to move the entrieds from the second one to the main folder. Is this possible? I tried exporting them to a pst file and importing them but either it didn't work or I did it wrong. Any help gratefully recieved rdc You did it wrong - NEVER use the import/export option to move native = Outlook data. Having already done so, you now have a corrupt profile. Create a ne...

set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time?
how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time? Manually I don't think it's possible to set more than one sheet's print area at a time. Of course a macro can make this a lot quicker. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Mestrella31" <mestrella@mxn.com> wrote in message news:BF8D4BDF-1787-4633-B5D0-AA6F2E4732AF@microsoft.com... | how do you set or reset the print range for several sheets at a time? Unfortunately setting the print area on grouped sheets is not an option without using VBA. Code from Bob Flanagan for setting same print area on groupe...

Outlook 2003 print problem
Hallo I am using outlook 2003 with Windows XP. When i print out an email the text is very small, this only started a few days ago. I did not install any new software or updates. I have since installed sp3 for windows xp but it did not make any difference. I have tried both memo and table formats and it is still the same. Any pointers as to where i should look next would be appreciated. thanks "Stef" <stef@web.de> wrote in message news:F07D1544-692F-4E33-8C88-2B1FADA8F0D5@microsoft.com... > Hallo > > I am using outlook 2003 with Windows XP. When i print out ...

Outlook 2007 Lost preview panel
Of course this product just isn't very good, but now it's gotten even worse. The preview pane had disappeared and I can't get it back. Another example of MS ineptitude at creating a product that accurately works. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

looking for range of text in a single cell
I just started a new job and my company already had a file with abou 16,000 records in it (called Products). This file contains all of th parts numbers that they carry. In this file there is one column calle "description". This cell contains the dimensions, color name and som other information such as if the piece is flat or rounded. I hav another file that has about 400 records and this file tells me "colo name" as well as the "type" of stone that it is (called Stone_Type). What I am trying to do is add a field to the Products file that wil say stone type. ...

how to get size of text in a Dialog?
MessageBoxes usually size themself according to the text displayed, depending on fontsize and number of chars. can anyone please explain (or point me to an URL where it is explained) how they do it? To keep it simple, lets say we have just a CStatic and a Text in it. How do i get the "optimal" values for the region for MoveWindow() ? ".rhavin grobert" <clqrq@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1158252329.933561.100380@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > MessageBoxes usually size themself according to the text displayed, > depending on fontsize and number of char...

Moving from 3.0 to 4.0
Hi based on Rob Mottrams and Patrick Verbeeten earlier answers to my postings - I now have the following plan; 1) From the production enviroment copy the databases (MSCRM and METABASE) to the test enviroment and restore them there on that 32 bit SQL server. 2) Run the CRM 4.0 installation on top of the CRM 3.0 installation in the test enviroment - (that way database, workflows etc. gets upgraded) the 4.0 install process also creates the MSCRM_config database. 3) Then move the upgraded databases (MSCRM, METABASE and MSCRM_config) back in production and restore them there. 4) Install CRM 4.0 o...

Excel print preview next and previous buttons seem to be backwards
When you go to print preview in Excel the next page button appears to the left of previous. It seems like it should be the other way. [Previous] [Next] instead of [Next] [Previous]. I'd never thought about it, but they are in a different order than the forward/back buttons you'd find in other programs. In addition to posting your comment here, you can send suggestions to: mswish@microsoft.com Put "Excel" in the subject line, so your suggestion will be forwarded to the Excel product managers. Unitrip wrote: > When you go to print preview in Excel the next pa...

Text Encoding Problem
I asked a friend to translate a letter I wrote in English to Hungarian, and she sent me back the translation via email. I then copied the text from the email message in Entourage and pasted it into a Word document. All of the instances of a letter that looks like an o with a double apostrophe over it (if it comes through this is it: ő ) in Entourage carries over into Wrd as something that looks like a capital O and capital E squashed together (if it comes through this is it: Œ ). How can I get the proper character to display in my Word document ??? ...

dividing a text based on a delimiter(dynamic)
i want to create a formula that breaks a list of data (in my case emails) into sets of ten or twenty. each email is delimited with commas and all the emails are contained in one cell that references a column full of singular emails in singular cells. i am so totally lost. any ideas? Hi! Help me. What exactly does "all the emails are contained in one cell that references a column ful of singular emails in singular cells" mean? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is what happens, I have a cell with "email1@blah.org,email2@bleh.com,email3@bluh.ne...

URGENT
Hi All, I have a table created in excel 2000. Even though it fits in the page (indicated by segmented lines below and to the right of the table) it is printed out truncated. Several rows in the bottom are not printed. It contains the footer. Why? Thank you, Rola One of the possibilities is that your printer is set to print foolscap paper but you have a4 paper in the tray. regards Bill K "Rola" <rlabanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u4HkRJqSDHA.1588@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have a table created in excel 2000. Even though it fits in the page &g...

Conditional formatting on named text field
I have a named cell called AltFundingQuote. This cell is populated with a drop down box with the text options of Cost Plus, ASO, or Prospective. When setting a conditional format for the following - it doesn't work. I'm trying to only display the text if the condition is true by using a white font and white background in the formatting. =OR(AltFundingQuote<>"Cost Plus",AltFundingQuote<>"ASO") What am I doing wrong? Sharon, You say it doesn't work, but you don't say in what way. And I can only guess what your objective is. The statement ...

converting numbers to text and prefill text field with 0's
I have a column of dollars and cents (445.92) that I need to convert to text and prefill with 0's to a width of 9 characters and no decimal (000044592). I wrote a formula (see below) that works except with figures like 0.08 where there are no dollars, or 4.70 where the 2nd character to the right of the decimal is a zero. Using the formula below, these figures come out like this: 0.08 converts to 00.0808 and 4.70 converts to 0000047.0. Can you help? =IF(LEN(A1*100)=2,CONCATENATE("0000000",RIGHT(A1,2)),IF(LEN(A1*100)=3,CONCATENATE("000000",LEFT(A1,1),RIGHT(A1,2)),IF(...

How does one print shipping labels using Money 2004 Small Business?
Sir or Ma'am: Since Money 2004 Small Business would seem to be for the small businessman, I've been looking for a way to print a simple shipping label (right from the Invoice). No joy. What am I missing? The Merc ...

Excel "Save Preview Picture" not sticking
I have several Excel 2000 templates that I would like to save preview pictures for. There is no protection on the worksheet or workbook. I can select the option under the file properties dialog but after saving I still do not get a preview image. When I load the XLT file again, the "save preview picture" selction is no longer checked. Anyone know what's going on? The only reference I could find was one referring to protection which I do not have enabled Thank You Are you setting the Save preview picture property on the .xlt file, or on a copy of the file? cnuk wro...

How print and collate more than one multi-page document?
I have a 22-page document printed on both sides (duplex), and 100 copies are needed. When I try to print more than one copy, the printer will not collate the document, forcing me to manually collate. How do I change the settings to have the printer also do the collation? Any way to do this using Publisher 2003?? Thanks!!! "grateful gal" <grateful gal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A2F6040-FDBC-461E-AAF2-87F07D6686C8@microsoft.com... >I have a 22-page document printed on both sides (duplex), and 100 copies >are needed. When I try to print more...

Print Preview Problem
Why is it that when I do print preview of a some pages of my booklet, other pages clipart and textboxes appear - although when I print it as a PDF or reg printer copy, it does not come out that way on the page? When you do a print preview you are viewing how it will print, not as laid out on the screen. If you have an eight page booklet, in print preview you will see page 8 and page one, page 7 and page two, and so on. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kath" <Kath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...