lines in the corners

How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print?

In the print dialogue, Advanced Print Settings, Page settings tab, clear crop marks.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ComputerQuestion" <ComputerQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print?

0
gsauer (5093)

Problem where lines are always reverting to white
Hi. I am having a problem in Excel where every drawing toolbar line in my document is displayed as white, making them non viewable. When I double click on the line to change the color to black (or any other color), it changes the line color in the worksheet, but only temporarily (when I save, close and reopen it's gone). I noticed when I try changing the line color, it never really updates in the "format auto shape" window "color" field. It only displays white. I am on Microsoft Office Profession 2003 and have loaded all updates available and have tried reinstallin...

how to specify a horizontal line in MFC resource file
Hi; i have this problem. I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. However, i cannot find any control like GROUPBOX|, CHECKBOX representing a single horizontal line ? How can i achieve this? best regards bav Add a picture control to your dialog and change its type from frame to vertical etch. AliR. "bav" <baudewijn.vermeire@skynet.be> wrote in message news:45ef14b1$0$2946$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > Hi; > i have this problem. > I want to add a horizontal line somewhere on the dialog box. > However, i cannot find any control like GRO...

last line of paragraph, greater spacing
I am having the same problem. I can usually fix it by using the foramt brush and grabbing format from another paragraph, but that's not working this time. It's a 12-page booklet, just this one paragraph has gone rogue. It was okay until I moved it...my line spacing is .95, so I don't want to align to the baseline guides...I did try that, and it skipped one baseline, leaving it blank, keeping the last line spaced away from the preceding part of the paragraph. I have 2007 at the office, 2003 at home. Can't remember having this problem at the office. Did an update one week ag...

How do you create or set up time lines
I have a calendar of events and I am trying to match up the dates to the task that are happening during that time frame. I am trying to create a time line showing both the dates and task that are taking place. Jon Peltier has links to instructions for creating Gantt charts (timelines): http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html Ralph Nagle wrote: > I have a calendar of events and I am trying to match up the dates to the task > that are happening during that time frame. I am trying to create a time line > showing both the dates and task that are taking plac...

Inserting ruling lines into a document, like a newsletter
I am in a computer class @ ITT-Tech, and I am learning how to write a Newsletter from scratch. The problem I am having is, that one of the instructions is to insert ruling lines into the document. I can not find out where to find them on the tool bar, so if any one out there may be able to help me. I would really appreciate it. Sincerely, Liz Liz wrote: > I am in a computer class @ ITT-Tech, and I am learning how to write a > Newsletter from scratch. > The problem I am having is, that one of the instructions is to insert > ruling lines into the document. > ...

Hard Returns in a Cell (or two lines in a cell)
I have a cell designated as e-mail address. This person has several. I want each e-mail address to appear on a separate line in the same cell. How do I make the cursor go to a new line. In Word, I know you do Shift+Enter I'm new at Excel. Thank you. Sues -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi Susan Alt Enter -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Susan N via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:52FB7279F5AE0@OfficeKB.com... >I have a cell designated as e-mail address. This person has several. I want > each e-mail a...

Unwanted fills on lines in Office 2007 charts
We take Powerpoint and Excel charts into Adobe Illustrator to spiff them up before posting on the Web or putting into printed publications. But with Office 2007, plot lines are no longer just lines, they are lines AND fills--they have both line and fill attributes. So when we bring a chart into Illustrator and we want to change the color of a plot line, we have to change the color of the line (stroke) AND the fill. If we want to change the stroke thickness (weight), we are stuck--we can't do it. Does anyone know of a way to make plot lines in Powerpoint and Excel simple lines (and not shap...

Macro
I have a macro that I'm using to copy and paste special into another spreadsheet...the problem I am having is that it will not select the next blank line in the spreadsheet, it overlays what I already have. I need to have it keep adding to the existing data and I'm not sure how to do it. I'm sure it is something simple but I'm new to all of this! Here is my existing code: Sub Load_Data() ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+z ' Workbooks.Open Filename:="F:\SSCW\Load File.xls", UpdateLinks:=0 Windows("TEST- XXXXXX.xls").Activate Sheets("Sheet1&quo...

Labeling points on a line chart
I have a chart that has 5 lines that track the error percent for specific tables in our data conversion. I have some code that pulls in the date when it goes out and populates the data series - and I would like for each date to be the label for each of the data points on the chart. Is it possible to specify what the labels should be? I can hardcode them ahead of time or make the labels a series of some sort, but I'm not sure how. Any help would be appreciated! -- Regards, John Put the labels in a range in your worksheet (your code could put the timestamp by every measurement). The...

Excel 07
Having difficulties creating a line chart using daily balances, but I would like the x-axis to show the month-end date. My start date is 12/31/2007 and my end date is 6/30/2008. I have daily information that I would like plotted, however only the month-end date (1/31/2008, 2/28/2008, etc) to show. I have experimented with the axis options (day, month, year), however it seems to default to the 1st day of the month. If using every 30 days, it also becomes off. Please help. I'm using an existing chart from Excel 03, and it will not convert properly...I've also tried creat...

Adding series, this time with a 2 axes line chart
I working with 2 axes line chart. My x-axis is month/year and my first y axis is instrument result for Hospital A, my second y axis is outside temperature. The chart looks great. Now I want to add addional lines for other hospitals. When I click on add series and add the data for Hospital B, it plotts it correctly using the y axis for instument result, but my Hospital A data suddenly becomes a straight line as the graph is now trying to plot the instrument results for Hospital A vs. the wrong y axis (temperature). I have no idea how to indicate when I am adding data which y axis it...

Access 2003: Carriage return and line feed in text field
I have a table with text column. How do I enter carriage return and line feed after a text? eg. This is the line <--- add carriage return and then line feed character. I would like to do inside the Access2003 by opening the table. Ctrl+Enter gives a CrLf. On a form, you could also set the Enter Key Behavior property of the text box. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Alan T" <alanNOSPAMpltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:eL...

Line Spacing
I have an odd problem. On a few slides I change the line spacing, save the file, and when I open it the spacing is back to original spacing? It is not the spacing of the applied design template? I am using 2003 on XP SP3. I have copied the slide to another presentation and saved and it kept the line spacing. I have copied the slide to another presentation, clicked on the smart tab and selected keep original formatting, saved, and it reverted back to the original line spacing. This appears to be related to the design template? Why then would it not revert to the design templa...

highlighting different line in a cell
How do I highlight different lines within the same cell two different colors? In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:- 1. Click in cell C3 (for example) 2. Insert / Illustrations group / Shapes / click on Line / draw it in cell C3 / DrawingTools group / Format / Shape Styles group / Shape Outline / click the colour that you wish to have for the line. 3. Repeat step 2. for your second line but change the last step to a different colour. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "krv" wrote: > How do I highlight different lines within...

Creating Leader Lines on a Chart
I have a graph that contains a scatter plot of data points, with an adjusted trend line running through the points. I'm looking to create leader lines that go from each data point to the corresponding point on the trend line that is above/below it. Any suggestions? Thanks! Sample Data: data trend 200.0 200.0 199.0 199.9 205.0 200.4 198.0 200.2 197.0 199.9 200.0 199.9 195.0 199.4 194.0 198.8 194.0 198.4 197.0 198.2 196.0 198.0 200.0 198.2 192.0 197.6 193.0 197.1 192.0 196.6 195.0 196.4 194.0 196.2 191.0 195.7 194.0 195.5 192.0 195.2 190.0 194.6 192.0 194.4 192.0 194.1 195.0 194.2 19...

PO
We have a fully received PO with all the line items completed received- however it is not possible to edit the PO status to 'closed' only 'received' or' change order'. Any ideas? Is the PO invoiced? You can go to utilities and use the option to remove completed po's. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Lisa T" wrote: > We have a fully received PO with all the line items completed received- > however it is not possible to edit the PO status to 'closed' only 'received' > or' change order'. > Any ideas? - Do you mean '...

Text box with rounded corner and rounded border background
I want a rounded corner rectangle that has been infilled then a text box put inside that which will be white, but this text box also needs to have rounded corners to follow the rounded corner coloured border I have created What version Publisher? You can create an rounded corner autoshape, right-click, add text. The text will not follow the contour of the rounded corners. There are workarounds, takes a bit of doing. Try this: In autoshapes, basic shapes, create the crescent. Using the rotate handle and wrap tools adjust the shape to fit into your rounded corner. Copy, paste, flip for ea...

Drop line in Line Chart
Excel 2002 - I have a line chart with 5 data sources. I would like to add a dropline when 2 data sources cross each other. Is this possible? -- GorillaBoze ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GorillaBoze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398318 Hi, You might be able to do this with the help of the functions in this example. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Create extra data series to plot the intersecting points an...

Out of office Subject Line
Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto message. I'm using office 2000 SP3 In news:ugsBie5cGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Patricia <Patricia> typed: > Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto > message. > I'm using office 2000 SP3 If you're using Exchange and Out of Office, you can't modify this. If you're using an Outlook rule, you can put in whatever you like, I believe.... If you re not using Microsoft Exchange you can use an add-in for Outlook called Auto Reply Manager. You can find it h...

Getting rid of auto capital when starting new line?
Since I write a lot of poetry I want to get rid of the auto capitalize at start of new line of text. How do I do this? Word considers a new line as the start of a new paragraph and thus as a new paragraph begins with a capital letter, autocorrect changes the lower case letter to upper case. There are three ways to deal with this 1. Turn off the autocorrect option 'capitalise first letter of sentences. 2. Press CTRL+Z to immediately undo the capitalisation as it occurs 3. (and probably the best in your circumstances) press Shift+Enter to create a line break within the curren...

Can a stock chart be combined with an line chart?
I would like to overlay a line chart on a stock chart. Is there a way to do this? Stock Chart with Added Series http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "karenjoy511" <karenjoy511@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B04E49C-BDE9-4570-90C0-99178E2EA4EE@microsoft.com... >I would like to overlay a line chart on a stock chart. Is there a way to >do > this? Thank you for the link. I got stuck on the step where you select the ...

Time line of Email activities in CRM
Hi I normally create CRM Email in SFO client. But I think the same trouble applies to creating email from IE client as well. When I look up Activities/ History tab, I could see the emails and their subjects but no time line, so I don't know which message is the one I'm looking for, especially the ones that have been forwarded or replied a few times. The info is not available after I open the messages either. And because there seems to be no records in Outlook/Sent Items folder either, it's very difficult to look for a particular message when communicating with customers....

I want to create 4 pie charts in a line
I have to create 4 pie charts in a line with same legends but different data series. Hi, Create the 4 charts as chartobjects on a worksheet, only enable the legend for one of the charts. If the charts must be on a chart sheet then you can create a blank chartsheet by pressing F11 whilst in an empty cell, make sure the surrounding cells are also empty. Then you can change the Location of the chartobjects to be the new chartsheet rather than the worksheet. Cheers Andy Shweta wrote: > I have to create 4 pie charts in a line with same legends but different data > series. -- A...

how to reduce double spaces in between words (not lines)in word 20
i am using word 2003 and while typing suddenly i noticed that inbetween two words there were double spaces. If i tried to reduce it by pressing delete then the two words become one. Can anyone pls help i know it must be something really simple but i have tried everything(at least that's what i think). Thx 4 ur time. Unless you see two dots between words with nonprinting characters displayed, then you don't actually have two spaces. If your text is justified, then some lines may have very large spaces between words (in the jargon of the trade, these are "loose lines...

Line Chart Usage
two or more students' grades in the same line chart ...