line color does not appear on screen

Using Publisher 2003, line color does not appear on the screen, however it
does print. Affects previous and new documents.

Read the fourth FAQ here
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Marc W" <Marc W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Publisher 2003, line color does not appear on the screen, however it
> does print. Affects previous and new documents.

0
Mary
12/10/2009 10:28:28 PM
Installing the latest Intel display driver solved the problem.
Thank you,  Marc

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Read the fourth FAQ here
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Marc W" <Marc W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Publisher 2003, line color does not appear on the screen, however it
> > does print. Affects previous and new documents.
>
> .

Hey great, thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

--

> Installing the latest Intel display driver solved the problem.
> Thank you,  Marc
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Read the fourth FAQ here
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Marc W" <Marc W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using Publisher 2003, line color does not appear on the screen, however it
>> > does print. Affects previous and new documents.
>>
>> .

0
Mary

Using Conditional Formatting to Color Cells
I am using Conditional Formatting to color rows of cells depending on the value of a certain cell. Specifically I am using: If Formula is... =$C4="W" and if C4 is W the row is shaded green. Similarly for other letter values of cells in column 4. My problem is that Conditional Formatting seems limited to 3 conditions. I would like to be able to color based on 4 different values. Can I expand CF to more than three conditions? Or can I specify multiple values (i.e if C4="D" or "R" color the row red)? Thanks, Ian Ian, You have 3 choices 1. Set all the CF...

MAKE CUSTOM VIEW FILL SCREEN
Down below is Niek Otten's quick and easy code to make a NAMED RANGE fill the screen. It works perfectly, thank you very much Niek. BUT..... I still can't find a way to make a CUSTOM VIEW to more or less fill the screen on whichever monitor the view is shown on, some medium resolution monitors, some high resolution monitors. Can someone please help??? darryl@hms or darryl@twincare.co.za Subject: Re: MAKE NAMED RANGE FILL SCREEN From: "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> Sent: 2/17/2004 8:25:57 AM Range("YourName").Select ActiveWin...

drawing lines in mfc
hi! i am doing an application that gets input file (gerber files) and then translate it, and then output it to a customized plotter. i would like to show a "print preview" before executing the serial communication... how do i do that? is there a predefined class for that? how can i draw lines given the coordinates? thanks so much! angel - newbie wrote: > hi! > i am doing an application that gets input file (gerber files) and then translate it, and then output it to a customized plotter. i would like to show a "print preview" before executing the serial communication....

unable to access sales transaction screen
While trying to access the sales transaction screen, I'm getting the error stating "You previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Great Plains and log back in to recover transactions". I tried logging out and logging in several times. But it didn't work. I also tried clearing SY00800, SY00801, dex_lock and dex_session tables. Still unable to access the sales transaction screen. Can I please know how to solve this? Thanks. There is a KB on this: All users shou...

Spot Color, Word Art, Autoshapes
I designed a project using PUBLISHER 2002. It came out great. However, when I save for pre-press SPOT COLOR (PANTONE), all the WORD ART graphics, and AUTOSHAPES turn GREY. The graphics that turn grey were all FILLED with a cloud graphic that was included with the program. I recolored the graphic using the FORMAT PICTURE>RECOLOR option to the PANTONE as I was advised by my printer. I also selected COLOR PRINTING>SPOT COLOR prior to saving. I also tried it by setting COLOR PRINTING>SPOT COLOR and selecting the PANTONE prior to designing the document. I am about to go to ...

Changing Color in Cells
Is there an easy way to make a cell content change to a certain color? For example if you input say $2.00 into a cell can you have it automatically become green? Can you do the same thing with the background color? Thanks Depends on how many rules you have and what version of excel you're using. If you're using xl2003 or below, and only have 3 rules (plus the normal look), you can use format|conditional formatting. The limit was increased in xl2007. John Ritz wrote: > > Is there an easy way to make a cell content change to a certain color? > > For example if you in...

drawing a defined line
I am working with the trial version of visio 2007. I am trying to have a line drawen by defining it's length, and then the system will draw the line to that length. Earlier versions of visio allowed this, but I can not find it in visio 2007. View > Size & Position Window may be what you are looking for. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7B5569-6343-483B-9D5E-9B97330904D6@microsoft.com.....

[HELP]Vista Laptop monitor became "multi screened"
My windows vista compaq laptop, which was bought a year ago encounted an annoying problem. Every time i start up my laptop, instead of having a single screen, the screen split into 6 or more screen. I tried to change the resolution of the monitor but to no avail as the only selection i had was 800x600.Which was weird as before the laptop monitor encounted the problem, the were even more selections. if u do not get wad i meant for "multi screen" you can view the photos i took from the laptop with the current screen error. Any1 has any solutions for this problem? ...

Filtering throough cell color
Hi is there any way by which we can filter the rws by choosing the color of a cell. In 2007 you can. Before that you must use VBA unless the cells are colored due to Conditional Formatting. Then you filter on the condition. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:29:02 -0700, Radhakant Panigrahi <rkp.gen@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi is there any way by which we can filter the rws by choosing the color of a >cell. Hi Only in XL2007, unless you write a macro. -- Regards Roger Govier Radhakant Panigrahi wrote: > Hi is there any way by whic...

Color-filled boxes, borders aren't visiable on screen only in prev
We have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 on the computers at work. A coworker and I collaborate on a newsletter via our shared documents folder on the server. For no obvious reason, when she was working on the newsletter in Publisher today, none of the color fills, transparencies or text box borders would show up on the screen. The Format text box tabs show what she did and the changes are visiable in the print preview window, but not on screen when actually working in the document. The same document works fine and shows everything when I pull it up on my computer. I made s...

Not plotting blank cells with formulas until number appears
If a formula is in the cell but is blank or equals "0", how do you get a chart not to plot until a number appears? You can use an IF formula with NA(). For example: =IF(OR(B2="",B2=0),NA(),B2-A2) The chart will interpolate over the #N/A errors. To hide these errors, you can use conditional formatting. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors Excel Charts and Formulas wrote: > If a formula is in the cell but is blank or equals "0", how do you get a > chart not to plot until a number appears? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, ...

Subject line remains empty in received e-mail messages
Hi there In every eMail message I receive, the subject line remains empty. I use LevelOne WBR-3402B ADSL router with built-in firewall, Norton Internet Security 2004 including Norton Firewall. Windows Firewall (SP2) ist deactivated. No matter which firewall I activate or deactivate, whatever combination, subject line in eMails remains empty (the problem also appears in Mozilla Thunderbird). The problem also remains when eMail virus checking in Norton Internet Security is deactivated and also, when Norton Anti Virus is deactivated totally. Does anyone have an idea? ...

On POS: Allow programming modification to the F12/Tender Screen
The Tender Screen/F12 cannot be modified like the Quick TenderPad. It is confusing when using the Quick TenderPad since under certain conditions it defaults back to the F12Tender screen and looks completely different. The F12 button also cannot be removed from the screen, even when a QuickTenderPad is configured leading to further cashier confusion. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

changing font color in multiple textboxes
Hello, I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 textboxes so going and changing each text box is quite annoying. Any help is appreciated. kahlan715 wrote: > I am trying to find out how (if its possible) to change the font color of > multiple textboxes at the same time. I changed my background and now i need > all the textboxes to have white text instead of black. I have over 100 > textboxe...

reading between the lines?
I regularly plot x-y graphs of a spring's force vs height. Height is X; force is Y. This data is acquired somewhat arbitrarily--I never really know what exact x values will end up in my table. So when I want to compare two springs at any specific height, I have to either guesstimate based on the chart or find values that match close enough. I have also written specific FORECAST functions to find the comparison points between two real data points. But geez that takes too long! How can I take multiple x-y tables with any ol' values in x, and (what's the word?) normalize...

Stacked Bar with a line. Possible?
Greetings everyone, I'm trying to create a graph that has the stacke bar with 2 data series stacked on the bar. I would like to have a lin representing the goal of the stacked bar....is that possible. Playe around with the various charts and it didn't seem to be an option. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html or http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office produ...

Office 2002 closes, but small window stays on-screen and shut-down reports an error
A colleague has Office 2002 on her Dell PC running XP Pro with all the updates. When she exits Outlook, a small box outline remains on the desktop, which she can neither access nor close, and if she tries to shut the computer down, she gets an error stating that Outlook is still running. There's a screen print of the "ghost" box here: http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k553/trentsc/office_shutdown.jpg. Can anyone suggest what might be the cause of this, and how one might solve the problem? Many thanks news.eternal-september.org wrote: (Next time use your own monike...

Changing a cell color automatically based on a date
Can a cell change color when the date in the cell gets to be seven days before the system or date in excel? Hi Todd select your cell and goto 'Format - Conditional Format'. Enter the following formula (if you selected cell A1): =A1=TODAY()-7 if you want to highlight all dates between today and today-7 try =AND(A1>=TODAY()-7,A1<=TODAY()) Frank Todd Michaels wrote: > Can a cell change color when the date in the cell gets to be seven > days before the system or date in excel? With conditional formatting, and a formula (Condition 1 - Formula Is) of =TODAY()-7<=A1 -- ...

Orthagonal line in Visio
How do I draw an orthagonal line in Visio? ...

What are the Color CMYK for the Default Design Chart Colors
I am using the default design colors for Excel 2007 and would like to know how I can find out the name of the colors used and their CMYK numbers so I can match that color to other things I'm using. I am using Style 15 (it looks baby blueish). Hi, You can see the RBG color numbers or the HSL color model by selecting the color and choosing More Color under the color area you are working with and then Custom. You can see the name for the colors being used by the current Theme by choosing Page Layout, Colors from the Themes group, Create new theme color, open the drop down beside...

How to get rid of a line?
By hitting Underline three times, followed by Enter you get a line across the width of the document. Most of the time you can delete it as you would anything else. But every so often the line just will not delete. Um... Howe can I get rid of it when that happens? -- "If you can, tell me something happy." - Marybones What you actually get is a paragraph *border* (specifically a bottom paragraph border), not a "line" � seems picky, but they aren't the same thing :-) That's why they can't be removed in the same way. To remove it, c...

Counting cells with a specified frequency(how many times it appear
Hi, I want to sum up cells thats has any word appearing 10 times in the column. In the other words, the specified word can be anything. The end result is to the sum up cells that has any word appear 10 times in the column. eg. column 1 row 1 a two the row 2 two 924 the row 3 the desk to row 4 let's can to two if i want to sum up the cells that has any word appearing twice, the result will be 1 word frequency of 3, the answer will be 2 (row 1 - the & two, row 2, row 3 - the, row 4 two) Thanks ...

cell color index comparison
hi Experts I am working on excel sheet to compare the cell color index of 5 cell. say CELL A, CELL B ,CELL C, CELL D, CELL E. I have used cf to format the color of all cells. If CF condition evaluates to be true then colour of cell A and either CELL B or CELL C and either CELL D or CELL E colour becomes same. what I am trying to do is to compare the cell colour index. If colour index of CELL A matches with colour index of either CELL B OR CELL C and with colour index of either CELL D OR CELL E then the colour index of CELL G should be same as the colour index of all the compared ...

Menus and windows are chopped off on all screens
I don't know if it is my display driver or what, but when I drop down a menu, the last 10-20% of it on the bottom and right is not showing. Also when I click on a date picker, the right side and bottom of the window isn't showing. I've tried this with IE6 and all services packs and am now trying IE7. If I can post a screen shot, I will. It doesn't appear to let me. The most likely cause is if you're using a non-standard dpi (standard is 96). There are 2 solutions: a) Set your dpi to 96 (control panel, display, settings, advanced) or b) Add (or modify) the follow...

Creating one line that models a quadratic relationship?
I would like to create one line that creates a quadratic relationship, however all I seem to get when typing x and y values is a graph that gives me to seperate lines when graphing a chart. ...