labels not printing correctly

I have set up labels to print using template 8660.  However the top labels
are too high and some of the print is above the label.  The labels at the
bottom of the sheet are too low causing those with longer addresses to run
below the label.  Also the left side of the labels in the far right column
are slightly running off as well.  Those in the left column are OK on the
left side.  It is almost like the template is matching to the actual label
sheet.

Your problem is probably the way your printer is picking up the label stock.
Create a full page template if all the labels are to be the same. You can adjust
up or down, side to side until you are satisfied with the way the labels print.
Use plain paper, outline each. Hold the results up to a light.

You maybe having margin limitations as well; read this:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag

Arrange menu
left & right margins -- .188
top & bottom -- .5
Grid Guides
3 columns -- .12 spacing
10 rows -- zero spacing
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"@Work1" <@Work1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up labels to print using template 8660.  However the top labels
> are too high and some of the print is above the label.  The labels at the
> bottom of the sheet are too low causing those with longer addresses to run
> below the label.  Also the left side of the labels in the far right column
> are slightly running off as well.  Those in the left column are OK on the
> left side.  It is almost like the template is matching to the actual label
> sheet.

0
Mary

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

Excel not working correctly
We have a pc here that does not operate correctly when using Excel. She can't run queries from templates or even worksheets that have calculations in them. If she uses them then they won't work anymore on other pc's. Her computer seems to be very strange. For some reasons the formulas in excel are not the same. They do not work in hers so we have to change them. Example, it should bring information from other cells and use the average formula. It will not work in certain areas so we had to create a formula manually that adds the cells together and then divides by t...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Watch this corrective pack from M$
--jmmhbhemoyfr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sfjdisnqvejgb"; type="multipart/alternative" --sfjdisnqvejgb Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kohjrwim" --kohjrwim Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer from ...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Comparing cell values then labeling them based on comparision
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two cells and then label them according to if one cell is lesser, greater, or the same as the other. I have a large data sheet where I want to compare many pairs of cells and then have them labeled in this way. For example for each pair where the second cell value is larger than the first it would put greater, where the first is larger it would be lesser, etc. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at andrew@metiri.com. Thanks so much for your help. > Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compar...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Checkbok & printing
I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook. I've got a spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily. Is there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks? I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1. Thanks! <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Hi Fishy, As a starting point see xlDynamic at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message news:c7nn72...

Modified Report Not Printing Properly
GP 8.0, SQL We have two sites, each with its own vendors. We modified PO Blank Form so that it prints the correct site address in the ship to box. It works fine for one vendor, and prints the appropriate Site Address. However, for another vendor the Ship To is always blank. I cannot figure out why. I do not see any difference in how the vendors are set up. Any ideas for where I should look to resolve this problem? Thanks, Jason ...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Print a sheet for everday of the year
I need to print a sheet in Excel for every day of the year. How can I add the date automatically and print the sheet? Thanks, Jeff Hi Jeff Enter the first day of the year in A1 and run this macro to print Note it not print sunday Change PrintPreview to PrintOut if it is working Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() 'this example not print sunday Dim mr As Integer mr = Year(Range("a1").Value) Do While Year(Range("a1").Value) = mr If Application.WorksheetFunction. _ Weekday(Range("a1").Value) <> 1 Then ActiveSheet.Pri...

Printing a Purchase Order to Multiple Destinations
Is it possible to print a PO to a text file on the local machine or network in addition to the local default printer? -- Pete P. It is possible to print a text file to any single location you want in addition to the local default printer. Our system currently prompts users requesting this information. Giving them their choice of 3 formats: Screen Printer File These can be selected in any combination but only one destination per format can be specified. I am hoping that this thread will explain how/if one could deliver one printed report to multiple printers. Eventually I would lik...

How do I do a Print Preview of the "Current / Active" page on a fo
Hello all I have attached a command button to a form and when I press the button it brings up a print preview of the report attached to the form. The problem is that it always shows Page 1 of the report as the default page. I can then only navigate to theother pages in the report by clicking the page arrow at the bottom of the report. How do I code the button so that when I click the button it shows a preview of the "current" record rather than always showing the first page of the report as the default page? I want to use this so that once people have completed filling inform...

Printing in Excel #2
I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded. However, when I Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit on the line. How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel 2003 and we are using a windows 2000 print server. Not familiar with the problem. What font and pointsize. What printer. What happens if you choose Arial with pointsize of 10. What do you see in print preview. Do you have other choices for your print to printer. (file,print, name:) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] M...

Check Schemas are correct
Hi, I have a lot of schemas to load into a schema collection. I load them in by reading each one into a XMLTextReader from disk and add them into a schema collection. I have a couple of issues to contend with. 1. The targetnamespace on all the schemas (except ones which define generic types) are the same. 2. The DefaultNamespace is the same as the Targetnamespace (I think this should be ok) 3. Some of the schemas import other sschemas containing type definitions. How does the schema collection object handle adding a schema that imports other schemas?? Say I have two schemas A and B which ...

Printing special characters
Hello In my Word 2003 document I have a number of special characters suchas the small 2 and small 3 used in maths equations (square root, cubic root, etc). Unfortunately, these print off as small cubes and I was hoping to rectify that, please. Best regards Steve Have you verified that the characters you're using exist in the font you're printing with? Do you use a font that was installed with your printer, that might be old enough that it doesn't include them? Alternatively, if you created your exponents with Superscript, have you verified that your print...

Print Preview Problem
I am using modular forms in my Access 2K application. When I pull up a report in preview mode it displays behind any of the forms I might have open when I call the print prreview routine. Is there a way to bring this report up over the top of any open forms? Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide. ...

How to Make Entourage Work Correctly
Version: 2008 I can't make my Yahoo! Mail work into Entourage.... I have my University email set up but it wont work for my Yahoo! Mail account... PLEASE HELP! > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342443433_1622767 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 11/30/09 3:55 PM, in article 59badd92.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Confused1234@officeformac.com" <Confused1234@officeformac.com> wrote: > Ve...

Designing/Creating Zebra LP 2824 labels for RMS 2.0
Hi, I am trying to create a label to print on a Zebra LP 2824. I tried modifying the default Zebra label in RMS Labels folder with no luck. Also I downloaded a trial version of ZebraDesigner Pro. Tried to create a database connection since the field data is variable but it looks like the SQL server db now in RMS 2.0 is not supported with ZebraDesigner (I could not find the SQL file type *.mdf in the drop down menu - it works with Access, Excel, etc but apparently not SQL server). Any help/guidance with this is appreciated. Thanks Are you using the windows drivers for the zebra? ...

Try this corrective pack
--felngocqcsvpjmym Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ukmbifcgjvs"; type="multipart/alternative" --ukmbifcgjvs Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vlvarlutagefxpor" --vlvarlutagefxpor Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help ma...