Keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working in Publisher

My keyboard shortcuts work in other programs, including Word.  But, lately,
they will not work in Publisher.  I have to use the mouse to click on the
menus.  Any ideas on why and how to fix?  Thanks!

Start, Microsoft Office Tools, Save my settings Wizard...

Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?SCID=kb;en-us;826809

Using the Office Profile Wizard
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011362571033.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Patti Williams" <PattiWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My keyboard shortcuts work in other programs, including Word.  But, lately,
> they will not work in Publisher.  I have to use the mouse to click on the
> menus.  Any ideas on why and how to fix?  Thanks!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/20/2006 3:51:24 PM
"Patti Williams" <PattiWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| My keyboard shortcuts work in other programs, including Word.  But,
lately,
| they will not work in Publisher.  I have to use the mouse to click on the
| menus.  Any ideas on why and how to fix?  Thanks!

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Publisher 2003
My navigation bar seems to be set up correctly. All of the hyperlinks show the page I want to go to. But when I do the web page preview, the navigation bar disappears. "Bill Boyer" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eBI5HYPqKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > My navigation bar seems to be set up correctly. All of the hyperlinks > show the page I want to go to. But when I do the web page preview, the > navigation bar disappears. > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access If you're asking about Publisher, as th...

Sending a shortcut to the desktop
Hi, To send a shortcut for an excel workbook to my desktop I currently have to open Explorer, find the file and send it to the desktop. Is there an easier way in Excel itself? Thanks for looking Paul You'd need a macro like this: Sub MakeDesktopShortcut() Dim wsh As Object Dim SC As Object Dim DesktopPath As String Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") DesktopPath = wsh.SpecialFolders.Item("Desktop") Set SC = wsh.CreateShortcut(DesktopPath & "\test.lnk") SC.TargetPath = "C:\book1.xls" SC.Save Set wsh = ...

different pages on each sheet in publisher?
I am trying to do wedding invitations, each page is 3.5 x 7.50, 3.5 x 7.75 and 3.5 x 8. How can I put one of each of these on the page? Also, How can I do tear off reply cards and have the guests names and quantity invited on each one? These are 3.5 x 8.25. Thank you On the three pages sizes, set separate files for each page making three like pages per sheet of paper. On the last page, the one with the tear off reply, you didn't say what size page it was being torn off; if it's an 8.5 x 11 just make it the bottom 3.5 inches. Seems you will be using a paper cutter extensive...

Keyboard Shortcut for...
Anyone know the shortcut for left align and print preview? Don't know if this is actually considered a shortcut, but if you look at the menu bar, you'll see that *every* menu selection has a letter underlined. This means that the particular menu can be accessed by holding the <Alt> key and typing the underlined letter. ALSO, most of the submenus have the same feature. SO ... for "PrintPreview", just use, <ALT> <F> <V> I'm not aware of one for "left align". But following the above conditions, <ALT> <O> <E>, will tak...

Publisher and business cards
I have made up a business card and it always shows little boxes in between the cards that print. How could Get rid of these lines. Thanking you in advance for your help Joe Are they crop marks? How many cards are you printing per page? If they are crop marks, click advanced print settings in the printer dialogue, page settings tab, clear crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sacredarms" <sacredarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E71FFB-0A1D-4FBD-A8B3-04D53B0DB048@micr...

Publisher won't open file
I am having serious issues with Publisher XP/2002 Creating a simple 2 page file, after closing Publisher refuses to open the file at all, to the point of crashing the application. Deciding not to create the file for a 3rd time and loosing it, i decided that after every change i would save a new copy of the file. All I have done is just added images when it stops working. it doesn't even have to be the same image. at any random point it will just stop working. Help please! Do you have the service packs? Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

How does on stop countless repetitions of e-mails please?
Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. Some are repeated three or four times and there are about 300 messages at a time. I have, however, not received e-mails for today, 28th Septembere. Type of server used is? If POP3 do you leave messages on the server? Version of Outlook is? Do you have any email antivirus integration enabled? -- Bill R "Nick." <Nick.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45385CE5-38DD-4024-B9FE-C96E1BC8D30D@microsoft.com... > Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. > Some...

How do I do very fine cropping in Publisher?
I am trying to very finely crop some picture and the border jumps in rather large increments. How can I either change the increment size or eliminate it entirely. Turn off the snaps in the arrange menu. Zoom closer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Robert Koffsky" <RobertKoffsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB19A9AB-A0FB-477C-897B-7919F0AADCF6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to very finely crop some picture and the ...

Password not working all of a sudden
I've been using Money forever, and I have 2005 version. ALl of a sudden I can't log into money with my passport login. This is happening not just on one account, but two accounts (mine and my girlfriends) I can login offline, and still update accounts, but it won't sign in. I can sign into other passport sites fine. Anyone know if there is something amiss with Money and passport Caps Lock? "Rico Singleton" <mastermind2@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OupgzUt5FHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I've been using Money forever, and I have 2005 ver...

contact shortcut / Do you trust this embedded object? / 2003
When I double-click a Contact shortcut in the note area of an Appointment or Contact a yes/no dialog opens with the question, "Do you trust this embedded object?". There is no check box to turn this message off. Even if you answer yes, it comes up again the next time you double-click the shortcut. It does not happen if the contact is attached. I just upgraded from 2000 to 2003. This did not happend in 2000. How do I turn of this message? I don't need to be warned about contacts I have created. Are you using a custom form? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all re...

How do I change default file locations in Publisher 2007?
any answers gratefully received! You can't. You can put a folder into My Places, when you save a Publisher document, click on that folder. It is an extra step, the developers forgot to include a default path option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80F4F34D-FF54-400F-81BE-6388FFA564A4@microsoft.com... > any answers gratefully received! Thanks Mary. LEt's hope it will be added in the future! Best JAke "Mary Sauer"...

published newletter
I am the editor of an international club newsletter in Brazil, One person takes care of the web page and I put the newsletter together. Each month I have to convert the newsletter into powerpoint so members can receive it on- line. I would like to know what format do I save the newsletter in to publish the newsletter to publish through our web site. Do I have to save each page individually under "web page"? Thanks, Lynne After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Lynne <ldunn10518@aol.com>... > I am the editor of an internationa...

I have some publisher files from Publisher version '03 that will not load in Publisher '07. I have tried to double click them or using the open file optioin, but they just sit there not loading? When I re-start Publisher, they show up on the right side as "recent publications", but if I try to load them from there, the program again just sits there untill I stoop and re-load Publisher. I need to re-load these Training Certificates to publish new ones for an upcoming class. What am I missing????? Did you install the service pack 2? If you did you may have to install the...

Out of office replys not working correctly
Hello, We have a few users who have the automatic out of office replys turned on and they work fine from within the company. However, they dont seem to be responding to outside mail such as yahoo.com, gmail.com or hotmail.com. Is there a setting in exchange 2003 server that would prohibit out of office replys from going out to external mail? Thanks in advance... Yes, OOFs to the Internet are disabled by default. Global Settings/Internet Message Formats/Properties/ click the checkbox to enable. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:55:28 -0800, Psycho <Psycho@Psychotic.net> wrote: >Hello...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

CAsyncSocket Receive and OnReceive doesn't work
vc++ 6.0 Using an own Socket class (with base class CAsyncSocket). I (client) try to connect to a server application. The function CAsyncSocket::Connect() returns the error 10035. The send and receive commands are executed but no data is transferred. The functions CAsyncSocket::OnReceived() CAsyncSocket::OnSend() are not called. Using CSocket as base class the data is sent and received without problems (no error while execution CSocket::Connect()). The overloaded functions CSocket::OnReceived() and CSocket::OnSend() are not called, too. The overloaded functions are declared correct in th...

Setting Major tick to none on charts is not working, is it a bug?
I've tried to set the major tick for my x-axis to none, so that the marks only show up above my data points along the x-axis... it is not working I notice a small change from None to Cross, but it basically looks the same as cross, just a little bit shorter on both ends(inside and outside). Anyone know if this is being fixed, if it's a bug... or if I'm doing it incorrectly? I can change it with both XY Scatter charts and Line charts. What type of chart are you trying to change? "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EFDB3C7-1CBD-4...

Why CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") doesn't work?
I get a runtime error ("object variable not set") pointing to the assignment statement when I do the following: Dim v As Object v = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") I have select Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions 5.5 (also tried 1.0) under Tools > References. But nothing is added under VBAProject \ References in the Project pane, as there is when I select atpvbaen.xls for example. Is that indicative of the root cause of the problem, perhaps a missing file? What is the name of the file that contains the Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions 5....

Publisher 2002/SP2
Have got a rather strange issue maybe someone can shed light on. Win2k box/SP2 Office 2000 is installed on the HD *but* I installed from the Office XP cd M S Publisher 2002 *only.* You can do this single app installation instead of upgrading the entire suite to Ofc XP. I've downloaded appropriate security patches for Ofc 2k however it does not solve my issue. What happens is that when Publisher is launched, I get the windows installer dialog box. Like it's installing an application. This only occurs when Pu blisher is launched. Whether I let it play out or click on cancel, Pub...

publisher insists on underlining copied text ? do i remove it
I copied text from a Word Document and when it appeares in Publisher it is always underlined and i can't seem to remove the underline. Any ideas? Angelis <Angelis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I copied text from a Word Document and when it appeares in Publisher > it is always underlined and i can't seem to remove the underline. Paste Special as Unformatted Text? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher All the text? Try "paste special", unformatted text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Word 2007
Please help! I have a new laptop with Word 2007, and am trying to use common punctuation: []\{}| ;':" ,./<>? shows up in word as ^çà¨ÇÀ ;è:È ,.é‘”É what has happened to my keyboard? Is it possessed Are you saying that some keys on your keyboard have an accented letter, probably in a different color? The documentation that came with your computer (or the manufacturer's website) will tell you how to switch back and forth between its character sets. There's probably a key for it. This isn't a W...

Multi Select List Not Working
The following code works perfectly for a multi select list. I've used it for several years on many applications. I'm encountering a strange error however on this code that takes criteria from three different lists and enters the data into a query. The first two list's criteria work fine but the third list has a strange quirk. Here's what it is doing. Let's say the third list has choices, 1,2,3,4,5,6. If I choose 3,4,5 in the list and run the code, it returns 1,4,5. If I choose 2,4,5,6 the code returns 1,4,5,6. It always returns the first value in my list wh...

Opening Publisher documents in word.
I have a manager who sends out documents in publisher format. My location does not have publisher. I must send the file to an IT for conversion before I can view it. I cannot equire my superior to change his file format, and I am not permitted to purchase software. I have looked at the news group and there are many posts from people with this problem. In business it does not pay to use a format that others cannot see, or must do extra work for. Why can I not open publisher documents in word? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the s...

Outlook journal entries do not work in Office XP.
I have a user that informed me his journal entries do not work. I also tried mine and they also do not work We are running Win2k with Office XP. I just thought of something this can be stopped through AD can it not? Update, a while back we moved My Documents to a network drive for backups and so no mater where they login they will see thier My Documents. If thier My Documents is local Journal entries work. If it's a network drive they do not. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this one? Thanks. "David Bissonnette" <dbissonnette@foster-miller.com> wrote in message ...

Shortcut to a folder on hard drive
If I can remember in Outlook 2000 I was able to do a shortcut from Outlook to a folder on my hard drive, can not seem to do it in Outlook 2003, is that correct? Thanks Eddie Yes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Eddie asked: | If I can remember in Outlook 2000 I was able to do a shortcut from | Outlook to a folder on my hard drive, can not seem to do it in | Outlook 2003, is t...