Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines 
Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also 
click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are 
1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the 
bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines 
Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country 
club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 3, 
or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've searched 
for an answer!)
0
Utf
6/3/2010 4:32:26 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

3 Replies
3862 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Keep text or paragraphs together
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010196611033.aspx?pid=CH063593541033

Hopefully the above article helps.


-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/


"sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:76E263D0-02C9-4BA2-A4AC-33D6DA7BAF62@microsoft.com...
> I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
> Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
> click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
> 1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
> bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
> Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
> club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 3,
> or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've searched
> for an answer!) 


0
Mary
6/3/2010 9:54:00 PM
Thanks for the try, but the article didn't answer my question.  If I just 
click on "keep lines together", the lines do not stay together if something 
is added above.  Part of the "kept together" lines will move to the next page 
one by one.  However, if I also click on the "keep with next", all of the 
"kept together" lines plus the empty line after moves to the next page, 
leaving a big blank space at the bottom of the previous page.  What I'm 
trying to say is that if one entry of 3 lines looks great and completes the 
first page, when I finally have to add "keep with next" so I know the 3 lines 
(plus the empty line) stay together, it moves all of it to the next page.  
Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Keep text or paragraphs together
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010196611033.aspx?pid=CH063593541033
> 
> Hopefully the above article helps.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> 
> "sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:76E263D0-02C9-4BA2-A4AC-33D6DA7BAF62@microsoft.com...
> > I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
> > Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
> > click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
> > 1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
> > bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
> > Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
> > club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 3,
> > or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've searched
> > for an answer!) 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
6/4/2010 1:24:31 PM
When you keep lines together you are keeping a paragraph together. I am assuming 
the paragraph continues on the next page. Are you high-lighting the text you are 
trying to edit?
If you simply want to go to the next page and leave the great looking text 
alone, do ctrl+shift+enter.  I always feel text documents are best done in Word. 
Publisher is a DTP application.

There are articles here, they are for Word but it works for Publisher too.
http://www.typographyforlawyers.com/?p=399
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/concepts/pagenumbers/index.html


-- 
Mary

"sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4E755525-151F-4677-9926-95F18EB520B8@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the try, but the article didn't answer my question.  If I just
> click on "keep lines together", the lines do not stay together if something
> is added above.  Part of the "kept together" lines will move to the next page
> one by one.  However, if I also click on the "keep with next", all of the
> "kept together" lines plus the empty line after moves to the next page,
> leaving a big blank space at the bottom of the previous page.  What I'm
> trying to say is that if one entry of 3 lines looks great and completes the
> first page, when I finally have to add "keep with next" so I know the 3 lines
> (plus the empty line) stay together, it moves all of it to the next page.
> Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Keep text or paragraphs together
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010196611033.aspx?pid=CH063593541033
>>
>> Hopefully the above article helps.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>>
>> "sherib2009" <sherib2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:76E263D0-02C9-4BA2-A4AC-33D6DA7BAF62@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm working in Vista.  When I select lines and click on "Keep Lines
>> > Together," the lines do not stay together.  They stay together if I also
>> > click "Keep with Next," but I'm working on a booklet in which the pages are
>> > 1/4 of a letter-sized page, and a lot of space (4 lines) is left at the
>> > bottom and wasted if I also click "Keep with Next."   Why won't "Keep Lines
>> > Together" keep the lines together?  The project is a small, bound country
>> > club booklet, with names, addresses, phones, etc.  Each entry might be 2, 
>> > 3,
>> > or 4 lines.  Any help will be very much appreciated!  (And yes, I've 
>> > searched
>> > for an answer!)
>>
>>
>> .
>> 

0
MLS
6/4/2010 6:39:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Base Lines
I am attempting to draw a graph and want to put on the graph what the base level this data will be compared against, ie 100,000 units is the base that is to be met so if the numbers are showing 56,000 75,000 and 100,000 where on the chart will the volumes be higher than requested and where are they lower Add horizontal line to chart http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Micro...

Columns showing up as thin vertical lines
We have a chart that is showing the thin vertical lines for the columns. We tried resetting the default settings and it changed several things, but not the columns . . . they remained thin vertical lines. We have tried changing the gaps and have tried deleting/recreating the chart. There are several other charts which were created in this file that are just fine. Oh, and our chart does not preview any different. We have found that if we remove enough data points the lines ever so slightly widen to thin columns. This chart is not showing any greater amount of data than the others i...

Can't logon, keeps cycling Logon process
For some reason we can not log on to a Windows XP, sp3 laptop. This machine should be free of viruses, spyware, etc... as it was scanned extensively last week. But for some strange reason today it will not allow us to logon either in regular mode or Safe mode. It will boot to Windows in both modes and accept the logon credentials, but after accepting those credentials it will immediately logoff (before Windows loads) and go back to the WinXP Logon dialogue box. TIA for any help on this one ... e. When at the logon screen try: Ctrl + Alt + Del This will call up the ...

GP printing PM checks to Acuprint using ACL command line
Looking for experience of printing Great Plains PM checks to Acuprint. Have client that is trying to do this by adding ACL command line in check format report writer to tell Acuprint which template to use. Anyone successful in doing this? Thanks. ...

Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report
I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines. 24 actual spaces. The number of lines can not change. I have duplicated a form from Excel to eliminate using it altogether. So it looks just like the Excel Report. I coded the lines into the report. I am using a text box with data type set to memo. I have several issues. 1. If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box on one line, then there is no problem. I can just move the page footer to more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines. (It is not exact, but close...

Multiple lines of criteria without repeating header
Hi I'm using the database functions DMAX etc and want to have a variety o criteria in a column. However I believe the "criteria" range has to b a minimum of 2 rows with the top row containing headers. If I want t reference a row of the range of criteria, I am then lacking th headers. Including the headers would then include all rows of criteri in between too - creating an undesirable OR condition. Eg: ----B--------C--------D 2--Angle--Angle---Max 3-->=1----<3-----=DMAX(dbase,2,B2:C3) 4-->=3----<5-----=DMAX(dbase,2,B2:C4) 5-->=5----<6-----=DMAX(dbase,2,B2:C5) 6...

keeping outlook open but hidden.
Is there some way instead of minimize to keep outlook open and checking mail but hidden? -- Office xp Small Biz On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:02:45 -0400, "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote: >Is there some way instead of minimize to keep outlook open and checking mail >but hidden? I believe this is the best you can do for OL2000 and OL2002: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;251340 Don't know what they're up to for OL2003. Brendan http://www.outlook-tips.net/Tricks/minimize_tray.htm -- "Geek" <geek@geek.com> wrote in message n...

Watching a macro execute itself line by line.
I need to debug a long macro that I have recorded I would like to be able to see it execute each instruction or line one by one I'm totally new to Vba and I would gratefully appreciate step by step instructions Thanks in advance Start macro running vrom VB editor with the F8 button or insert the command STOP at whatever point you wish to step from then press F8 to step one through each command ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can size your wor...

How do I arch a line of text within a banner?
I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the two lines of text. Can this be accomplished with this program? If not, is there a program available the I could use instead. Thank You. *Brandon* numberonesignguy wrote: > I am trying to design a banner that will have two lines of text. > Rather than both lines being straight, I would like to arch the top > line over the second line so that I can insert artwork between the > two...

on a scatter graph, how do i insert a line indicating the mean?
as above Create corresponding cells that each contain the mean, then "Chart|Add Data" to add this new data series to the chart. Jerry caro wrote: > as above ...

Contract Line Deletion
Hi I have a contract line that is no longer needed, how can I delete it? Martin Dyer ...

Paste to next free column
Using excel 10. Row 1 - 5 is free to incert a logo bit map. A:A contains a list income and expenditure. Row 6 has month date Row 7 has Actual & Budget Row 8 has =A3k. The main information is in F9:G40 which is the current months figures. Now comes the problem. I want a button with a macro, to copy F9:G40 and paste it in the next available column, which will be I9:J40. Then I can re-enter data in F9:G40, for the new month. Then at month end click button to transfer data. However the I:J columns will be used now so I will need a blank column, this is the issue, to find macro data to find t...

Forecast available on site : http://www.forecastmarket.com, Next Forecasts at midday
http://www.forecastmarket.com TopTen US ========= BEA SYSTEMS INC MIDDAY 35% MONSTER WORLDWIDE MIDDAY 20% SIRIUS SATELLITE R MIDDAY 20% APPLIED MATERIALS MIDDAY 15% GEN ELECTRIC CO MIDDAY 15% DISCOVERY HLDNG A MIDDAY 15% UNITED TECH MIDDAY 15% EXPRESS SCRIPTS C MIDDAY 15% CEPHALON INC MIDDAY 15% TEVA PHARM INDS AD 10H30 15% =========================== Best Regards Al ...

message routing based on subject line
Our firewall inserts [SPAM] at the beginning of each spam message subject line. I would like to route those tagged messages to a public folder. I have not found a way to control message routing based on subject line. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. "Milton" <milton.bliss@sunwestmanagement.com> wrote in message news:1167842798.615252.282430@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Our firewall inserts [SPAM] at the beginning of each spam message > subject line. I would like to route those tagged messages to a public > folder. I have not found a way to control...

Line Weight does not Print correctly
I have a document that I have several data graphics used. I use a callout circle for my shape and then I like data using the data graphics. I select a line weight of 9 and all looks great on the screen. But then when I go to print it, the lines weights on a couple of the data graphics are correct, but the rest print in what appears to be a line weight 1. Does any one know why this happens? ...

sub tot column to next blank cell when blank cell exists in both c
I have posted this again to hope that someone will give me further assistance - I "ticked" the last post because it did work and well, but I realised what I actually need is slightly different. I asked for some coding that would search for each blank cell in a column and subtotal below it until the next blank cell. Stefi gave me this: Sub stotal() > Range("S1").End(xlDown).Activate > Range("S" & ActiveCell.Row - 1).Activate > Do While ActiveCell.Row <> Range("S" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1 > ...

Windows 7 Keeps chanting date time
Hello, I am located in Brazil and set my date/time defaults to Brasilia capital of brazil (UTC-03:00). When I go and synchronize my clock from the internet, any of the servers will give me the correct local time, but after a few minutes windows 7 will change the time to 3 hours before. Yes, always 3 hours exactly. Since my local time is about 1 hour in front of New York, 3 hours should be somewhere in US pacific time. I tried to leave the wrong time for 2 days, but the clock change wasn't recursive. In other words, once the clock is rolled back, it will remain 3 hour...

I keep receiving an email error message 0x800CCC90
It appears that I am still able to send and receive messages in Outlook but I keep getting this internal error message. My ISP has checked their system and figures it has something to do with the Outlook program itself. Harry wrote: > It appears that I am still able to send and receive messages in Outlook but I > keep getting this internal error message. My ISP has checked their system and > figures it has something to do with the Outlook program itself. And what might be the FULL and EXACT content of "this" error message? And what might be your VERSION of ...

Entering a date that then gets changed to next weekday Thursday's date, say?
I don't want to make the current sheet I'm working on too complicated, so prefer not to go the macro route. Was hoping a formula would take care of this (?). If I enter a date via "^;", it would be so nice if the sheet knew to change the date to the following Thursday's date. i.e., when I type ^; into the currently empty date cell, it puts today's date of "2006.12.27.Wed" which I then stop to fix to nearest Thursday. Instead, it would be very helpful if a formula or something non-macro did that for me and changed it to the nearest Thursday's date, in...

How do I add grid lines to a LONG list with 3 columns?
I am trying to switch from my old PC that used works to this new Hewlett-Packard that uses Excel. When I downloaded my file of this use list of library books (Column 1 = Author's last name, Column 2 = authors 1st name, Column 3 = Book title), it didn't include the grid lines to separate the columns and the rows (of which there are over 1,000). How do I get it to do so?....and, how do I get it to keep each row numbered? I've really tried to find the answer to such a simple question, but it's not happening. Your help would be appreciated. You can number each row by addin...

Outlook keeps asking for Exchange password
Hi, I'm currently evaluating an offer of 1&1. They give me an Exchange account for free for one month. I've setup everything and my folders have been synced. But: everytime I start my Outlook 2003 I have to enter my passsword! That's annoying! A dialog pops up. The username is already in there but I have to type in my password. Is there a way around this? Ren´┐Ż In news:e3qr2h$608$1@online.de, Rene Ruppert <rrspam76@online.de> typed: > Hi, > > I'm currently evaluating an offer of 1&1. They give me an Exchange > account for free for one month....

get value from cell next to that of searched text
I have some tables where there is a veriable in a cell next to searchable text. So if I search for the desired text and want to take the value of the cell to the left of it what would that formula look like? Look in the help index for MATCH and then for INDEX -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "SBS user" <user@domain.com> wrote in message news:eC13XhfGKHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have some tables where there is a veriable in a cell next to searchable >text. So if I search for the desired text and want to take t...

how to preserve line breaks in the message
Hi, I'm generating email message from my web app using asp.net 2.0 mail objects. Each line in the message displays certain info and they all lined up one under another.To achive that in c# I add "\n" to the string to creat a new line. Resulting message display exactly what I need in yahoo mail but outlook strips out extra line breaks following its own logic by leaving some and removing some. The result is a total mess. Ex: Date: 07/27/2007 - 07/28/2007 Location: Eric P. Newman Education Center (new line is here) Amount Paid($): 980.00 (new line is here)Transaction ID: V78...

Problems with ClipARt on line
Hello guys. I am trying to download new Clip Art from Microsoft website. After doing so, a Clip Art file shows up in my desktop, but not in my clipart gallery as it was supposed to. I was wondering if this was not because I didn't install the Active X software they mention. The proble is where can I find it? Any suggesttions? Thank you very much in advance On 16/08/2007 3:49 pm, in article 1187275754.551496.93550@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "Corpa" <mcorp@consultoriapatologia.com.br> wrote: > Hello guys. > > I am trying to download new Clip Art from Micros...

How to delete/not-add Workstation2 line to Dex.Ini
I have a set file has two location IDs that asks user to select a location from the drop down list when they launch Great Plains. Once they make the selection, this name gets updated in Dex.Ini file under Workstation2 line. I'd always like to have an option when they log in to GP that they can select the location of the set file. If I delete the Workstation2 line from the Dex.Ini it again allows me to make the selection. Is there a way to setup so that it doesn't create that entry in Dex.Ini file? OR do I have to have VBA running when they exit GP, it deletes that line from Dex.Ini. An...