Just re-installed publisher 2003

I just re-installed publisher 2003. When I click to run the program it says
that pub. failed to open last time, would I like to open in safe mode?
Whether I say yes or no pub. manages to open. Here comes the problem, once
it's running and I try to open a previously saved pub. file, it just stalls
out and does nothing. I have to use task manager to close it ???? I'm stumped
and need help please!!
0
Amy1327 (1)

Did you re-install over the old installation? If you decide to use the CleanUp
utility, be certain you have your product number handy.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

How to understand the repair feature in Office 2003 and in Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822238/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Amy1327" <Amy1327@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just re-installed publisher 2003. When I click to run the program it says
> that pub. failed to open last time, would I like to open in safe mode?
> Whether I say yes or no pub. manages to open. Here comes the problem, once
> it's running and I try to open a previously saved pub. file, it just stalls
> out and does nothing. I have to use task manager to close it ???? I'm stumped
> and need help please!!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

econnect 9.0 installation com+
I am installing eConnect 9 on a local machine with SQL Server Express and GP 9 installed. Running WinXP Pro sp2. When I get to the end of the installation process and need to enter the Domain/user and pass, I enter "eConnect" as the user I created in users and Groups. "eConnect" user is part of the admin group. I receive the following errors and installation fails. "The eConnect Incoming Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" "The eConnect Outgoing Service Returned the following error: Status Invalid Service Account" ...

Can I delete OE and just use Microsoft Outlook 2002
I would like to delete Outlook Express is this advisable? I am going to be using Microsoft Outlook 2002 which I recieved w/Toshiba PDA and already have it set up on the same PC as OE. Can I use Microsoft Outlook for multiple e- mail accounts? Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824 With Outlook, you can integrate and manage e-mail from multiple e-mail accounts, personal and group calendars, contacts, and tasks. "Delia Marlowe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c4025...

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

I just activated office2003 S&T ver, cannot reply to emails
my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot reply In news:28E0E702-5CE2-4C2A-B033-EC618ECF90EE@microsoft.com, txcowboy <txcowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my reply icons are grayed out, I can see all incoming msg, but cannot > reply What type of e-mail account do you use? Are you running all the Office/Outlook updates, including SP1? I got it resolved. Don't know how for sure. I am running MS office outlook 2003 I think I needed to authenticate to MSN Passport by login in. before it allowed me to do replies. All this security and I ...

how to convert to metric system in visio 2003?
how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:00:00 -0800, alsari <alsari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to convert to metric system in visio 2003? Don't be reluctant to tell us what you want to do. We can only guess otherwise. Do you want to use metric rather that imperial measurement templates and stencils? Do you want to convert current diagrams to metric? Do you just want to show measurements in metric units? Metric templates and stencils may not have been installed on your system. Use menu Tools -> Options to set the default measurement t...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

How do I open doc's from Publisher 2000 when I am using Pub 2003?
I recently purchased Publisher 2003 and can't seem to edit any document from a previous version. Are you running Norton AV? Try disabling NAV Script Blocking ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Start NAV Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click NortonAntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears. Click Script Blocking. Uncheck Enable Script Blocking (recommended). Click OK. Restart the computer if prompted to do so. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "GAR" <GAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01222D01-7A00-4...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

OE6 fails after installing Office 2000
The help of the assembled multitudes is welcomed: I tried to install MS Office 2000 Premium into an environment containing MSIE6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 (with full SP updates.) OS is Windows ME, also with full updates. Result was corruption of Outlook Express. I could view email headers and previews, but could not launch email messages and/or print them. Further, the addressbook disappeared. When I tried to access address book, I was told that the system was improperly installed and I should reinstall. Removing Office 2000 from the system restored functionality to Outlook Express. I ...

Publishing Website
I have a solution with multiple projects. On my LOCAL computer in Visual Studio 2008, I can choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish and it publishes to my LOCAL c:\temp\webSiteName directory. It works great. I then use a bat to zip and copy the published project to the remote web server. (I am doing it this way instead of directly publishing the project to the website because it takes forever to copy the VERY BIG published project if it is not zipped.) I would like to NOT to have to "choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish" and do this as pa...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

Exchange 2003 SBS Attachment filtering in admin
Folks: I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have been trying to find the location to add an additional attachment to the exclude list on incoming mail. (Attachment filtering). I have looked for some time and cannot find the UI to do this in the system manager. Could someone point this location out to me? Thanks d "D S" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uPeCkbUrGHA.4992@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > I have set up SBS 2003 / Exchange on our server some time ago. I have > been trying to find the location to a...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

Running 2 Versions of Publisher
I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002 install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn I ...

Outlook 2003 from SBS2003
Hi, After we upgraded our server to SBS2003 over the weekend and as a part of this rollout all our client machines running XP and Office XP were upgraded to the Outlook 2003 client. Since this has occured no one can use word 2002 (Office XP) as the default Message editor. It appears that Outlook 2003 has changed the default setting for saying Microsoft Word edit to now say Office Word 2003 which by the way is greyed out. Probably due to the fact that none of the clients have office 2003 installed on them on the new Outlook 2003 that occured during this upgrade. Any idea's wo...

Uprage to 2003 from 2000
Hello, Over the weekend I have installed an exchange 2003 server within the same domain as an exchange 2000 server. All is going well except this morning I am getting alot of reports from users that they're emails are bouncing back with a "mailbox over the size limit error" I normally hear of these all the time, but I'm finding that this morning I've gotten a lot of complaints. When I look at the users mailbox in ESM, for some reason alot of them are much larger than the size limit that they have on their mailboxes. For instance, one user has a limit of 350000 yet...

Page break in publisher to change from portraite to landscape
I am trying to change one page from portrate to landscape without effecting the rest of the pages, but each time i try it effects all the pages. I know in word you can select page break. Is there something similar in publisher as i am unable to find this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200707/1 Pub 2000 here and for me to do what you want I must leave the page in question as portrait and turn the text and images 90�. -- Don Vancouver, USA "chedd via OfficeKB.com" <u18187@uwe> wrote in message news:75f1cac2d1fca@...

How do I make a single pdf page out of 4 publisher pages?
I would like to be able to send this newletter in pdf format by email. The people who receive it would like to scroll through the 4 pages. So far all I have been able to do is make a pdf out of each page and attach ~ as an attachement. They have to open each attachment to see the next page. Any help appreciated!! As you save to pdf look for a statement that says, "Append to existing file". This way all four pages will be in one file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0855587A-6DA5-410...

Re-stocking fee
I want to be able to charge re-stocking fee on the total amount. Ex..if a customer purchases 100 dollars worth of merchandise and brings the items back for return. I want to be able to charge them 10 dollars which is 10% of the total amount for re-stocking fee but not from the cost. You might need a new item "Restocking Fee" to "sell" to the customer at the time of refund, but how to automatically calculate the price...I'll be interested to find out how people do this. "Haik" wrote: > I want to be able to charge re-stocking fee on the total amount...

Make outlook 2003 start in favorites
I am trying to get my outlook 2003 to startup the left pane in th Favorites tab, instead of the Mail tab. It is annoying for me to hav to switch tabs every time i start it up, as I prefer to be in m favorites. How can this be done ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MSN email acc in Outlook 2003
Hi. I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to retrieve my emails. The error: Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on...

MX question on Exchange 2003
When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu the mail can not be delivered because there first MX record that points to 132.239.95.98 doesn't have port 25 open for mail. So my server tries only that server for tree days then it gives up. First of all, why doesn't my server try any other server with lover priority? And what is the reason to stop port 25 on their first MX server? I have an Exchange 2003 server with sp1 running on a windows 2003 server RO wrote: > When I try to send mail to any user in the domain graphics.ucsd.edu > the mail can not b...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

Re-Reciving emails.
Dear All How can I receive only newermails after reinstalling my outlook ?? Accidently I have to reinstall my microsoft Outlook. So I saved my mails in other folder. After reinstalling and opening again my old mails I started to receive to e- mails. But at that time I have to receive emils already present in my inbox. So I have to wait long long time to read my newer mail. So please tell me if there any way to receive only new mails after office reinstallation.... Thanks... Zaw Ye There is no way to do this. The information about which messages have already been receiv...

Hyperlink has changed on file re-opening
[Excel 2002, Win XP Pro] Hi All, i have cells in a sheet whose cell contents are hyperlinked to wor documents. the hyperlink is generated using VBA. part of the fil name includes the '[' and ']' characters (square brackets) when the macro is run, everything works fine (click in one of the cell and the appropriate word file opens) BUT when the workbook is closed an re-opened, the '[' & ']' is changed to '%5b' and '%5d' respectivel (which i guess is some srt of charatcer code for those symbols) if the hyperlink macro is re-run, it 're...