JPGs changing color when importing/exporting

Two related questions

I have a color managed workflow, with a profiled monitor and Epson 1290
printer. I use Photoshop CS2 and Pub 2002. I prepare my images in PS and save
them as JPGs with sRGB color profiles. I am trying to create a full year
calendar in Pub on a single page with a different image for each month. I
have the dates in an excel worksheet which I insert as an object.

Q1 - When I import my images into Pub they all lack in vribrancy and
saturation. I know that I can change brightness & contrast in format picture
but a) this should be necessary & b) it doesnt get them back to how they were
in PS.  When I print the out put has the same slightly washed out appearance.

Q2 - I also want to produce some of these as 24 x 20 photos. I have
therefore used the save as option to creat a JPG which I was proposing to
send to my local photographic lab. However the output JPG is OVER saturated
and skin tones look dreadful.

Anyone any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks
--
Gidders
0

On 3/23/07 7:17 AM, in article
AA7AD801-EC9A-4553-9986-97249E3B3AA7@microsoft.com, "Gidders"
<Gidders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Two related questions
>
> I have a color managed workflow, with a profiled monitor and Epson 1290
> printer. I use Photoshop CS2 and Pub 2002. I prepare my images in PS and save
> them as JPGs with sRGB color profiles. I am trying to create a full year
> calendar in Pub on a single page with a different image for each month. I
> have the dates in an excel worksheet which I insert as an object.
>
> Q1 - When I import my images into Pub they all lack in vribrancy and
> saturation. I know that I can change brightness & contrast in format picture
> but a) this should be necessary & b) it doesnt get them back to how they were
> in PS.  When I print the out put has the same slightly washed out appearance.
>
> Q2 - I also want to produce some of these as 24 x 20 photos. I have
> therefore used the save as option to creat a JPG which I was proposing to
> send to my local photographic lab. However the output JPG is OVER saturated
> and skin tones look dreadful.
>
> Anyone any ideas what I need to do?
>
> Thanks

If you are looking for color management support the last place you should
look to is an Office product. Save the images as EPS files from PhotoShop
and import those. That way Publisher can't screw with the color. As for
saving them as a jpeg for enlarging from Publisher all
I'm going to say is "oi vey".

Matt Beals
Consultant
Enfocus Certified Trainer
Markzware Recognized Trainer
(206) 201-2320 - Main
(720) 367-3869 - eFax
mailto:matt@mattbeals.com

Come visit me at:

http://www.mattbeals.com
http://forums.mattbeals.com
http://blog.mattbeals.com

Friends don't let friends write HTML email

0
matt4238 (148)

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

how to change permission for public folders?
Hello there! First of all, I must say I'm very grateful for all good things I learned in this newsgroup. Now to my little question: I've installed plain-vanilla Exchange 2003 Server system with Outlook 2002 as clients. I imported users .pst files into their new Exchange-accounts and that works as a charm. But I don't quite understand what to do so that users will be able to share their adress books or contacts (the main reason why they moved from .pst to Exchange). When I mark "public folders" and try to create new item it says that i don't have permission to cre...

allow change font while password pretected.
Hi all I have this sub below that I use, It works very well apart from one small thing. I would like to have a password in it. Also I need to be able to change the font colour and make bold etc. I have tryed adding it to the sub but it wont work, as the sub is now it works but users can go to the protection in tools and unprotect. If I add a password to the sheet I cant use the macro. Please help Regards Chris Sub InsertRowsSASDeck() Dim ar As Long If Selection.Interior.ColorIndex <> 36 _ Or Selection.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Unprotect ar ...

Automatically changing the range in a graph
I constantly add data to a spreadsheet and I want to only graph the last 24 data points with out constantly cahnging the graph range. How do I do this? Jon Peltier has instructions for a dynamic chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoLast12 Bret Davis wrote: > I constantly add data to a spreadsheet and I want to only graph the last 24 > data points with out constantly cahnging the graph range. How do I do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Chart.Export
I have a PC with Office 2007 and a PC with Office 2003. Ik am using a macro wich uses the method Activechart.Export ("C:\TEMP\TEST.BMP") to export a graph to a BMP file. In Office 2007 everything works fine. In Office 2003 I am getting the error: Error 1004. Method Export of object _Chart didn´t succeed. I read something about importfilters. But I didn´t see the solution. Can someone tell what I can do about it? Try Activechart.Export "C:\TEMP\TEST.PNG" A PNG image file is a compressed bitmap. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technica...

color code series by an independent column of data
In previous versions of Excel I was able to color code a series of data in a scatter plot based on another colum of data (i.e. cross plot column 1 versus 2 and color code by column 3). I can't figure out how to do that in Excel 2007. Any help? Hi, Did you use VBA code in the previous version. Maybe the security setting is currently set to disable macros. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "rockdoc69" <rockdoc69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9860E0EB-194A-4BF3-A529-CE34ED798702@microsoft.com... > In pre...

Change (reverse) scale axis
How can you change the direction of the numbers on the page scale. In other words, the scales are on the left and the top of the page. The left scale starts at zero on the bottom of the page and counts up. The scale on the top of the page starts at zero on the left side of the page and counts to the right. How do you change it so that the scale starts on the right and counts to the left? Thanks. You can't. The best you can do is move the zero point. Pause your mouse over the crosshairs in the ruler at the top-right for a tooltip on how to do this. So you could put the origin ...

Auto Format Change
Re Excel 2002. I have a colleague in accounts. She has a spreadsheet of bank details. She formats her sort codes to text (an example is 20-40-70) and then saves as a CSV file. When she then opens the CSV file, some of the sort codes have changed to dates (example 20/05/2016). It doesn't affect all the sort codes so what can she do? I believe I have just solved it! I have advised her to not format to text, just leave as general and this seems to do the trick. "DM" wrote: > Re Excel 2002. > > I have a colleague in accounts. She has a spreadsheet of bank deta...

Changing the default page size in visio2002
Hi all, I have set up a template for a series of flowcharts, which includes a foreground page, a background page and a specific stencil. I set the page size to A4 in the page properties (for both foreground and background pages) for the printer paper size and made the drawing "same as printer paper" size. Next time I created a new document from the template, the foreground, background and stencil are as expected, but the page size has returned to 'Letter'. Is there any way to make the default page size 'A4' and make it stick? I would have preferred something like i...

Font color for negative numbers
Help...I have created a spread sheet and I need to change the font color to red on all the negarive numbers. I tried searching for but it doesnt' work. Help ahain..thx Select some of the cells that you wish to format this way, and from the Menu Bar, <Format> <Cells> <Number> tab, And click on "Custom", Scroll down and you'll see several formats with RED in them. Select one, and using that as a start sample, you should be able to get something you like. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please kee...

Standard color in excell 2007
Hi.. I tried to reset the standard color in Excell 2007. When using Excell 2003, I usually find it in tools>options>color>reset in excell 2003. How do I do it in excell 2007? I could not find the excell option to reset the standard colors Thanks very much Colors are not limited in 2007 like they were in 2003, so we no longer have the option to edit or reset colors. If you are displaying different colors in the Fill list then you were originally, it's probably because the theme has been changed. Click the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon. In the Themes group, click the C...

color added after click or update
I have a form that I need to add a color feature to. When the user clicks on a part of the form to go to another form I would like to shade the selected record to keep track of where they were when they return to that form. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to temporaily shade records until closing out of the form completely? Thank you. djshides wrote: >I have a form that I need to add a color feature to. When the user clicks on >a part of the form to go to another form I would like to shade the selected >record to keep track of where they were when they return to that for...

Exporting Date Modified Field
I'm trying to export Outlook 2003 Contacts to a .csv file. I want to include the MODIFIED field, which is a data field automatically stamped by Outlook. (It shows up on the FREQUENTLY USED FIELDS tab when displaying ALL FIELDS on a contact.) It doesn't come up as one of the mapped field choices when the wizard asks you to map fields to export. Anyone know how to export this field? If not, anyone know how to filter an export to include only those contacts whose MODIFIED field falls within a certain date range? TIA, Kathy Right now you can use our preview edition of ContactGen...

Exporting TXF file from Money Plus
When I went to create the txf file I found that the short and long term capital gains were from both my personal accounts and my retirement accounts. Is their anyway to exclude the entries from the retirement accounts as they are not taxed? As mentioned, I am running Money Plus. The accounts are 403B, Rollover IRA and Roth IRA accounts, all of which have the retirement account box checked. I did however rebalance the accounts during the year which generated the reported gains. In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote: >When I went to create the txf file I found that the sh...

changing disk quota via powershell
Good day, I need to change all the disk quota entries on a disk to increase the limit of the amount of space allocated in the quota. There are a few hundred users and changing them all manually is a nuisance. I found out how to print out the limits using a piece of script: get-wmiobject -class "Win32_DiskQuota" -namespace "root\CIMV2" -computername "." | foreach { write-host "Quota Limit: " $_.Limit} There isn't an equivalent set-wmiobject or anything I can see which will set the limit value so I really can't see how to do thi...

Formatting changed when received by version 97
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook XP. I am using Outlook XP with SP2 installed and using Word as my email editor. My problem is that when my emails are received by a 2000 or XP version of Outlook, all text is displayed correctly, but when a version 97 receives my mail then the font is changing mid sentence and extra blank lines are being added. The whole email look a complete mess. I know 97 only uses text and not HTML so something must be wrong with the way 97 removes the HTML tags. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix? TIA Mark It is not so much that Outlook 97 does not ...

color bar with pattern macro
Hi all I know how to color excel bar with different colors using color index. How can I add pattern with the same color using macro. Do you know what index number ? Thanks Daniel Assuming a simble bar chart with one series, try something like this . . . Sub FillPatterns() ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Select With Selection .Fill.Visible = True .Fill.Patterned Pattern:=msoPatternLightUpwardDiagonal .Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 15 .Fill.BackColor.SchemeColor = 4 End With End Sub You can change the pattern type, forecolor, and backcolor. -...

Changing username using the registry.
I'm trying to figure out how to change a users -username- for Exce using the registry. I'm needing to change username's of people withou disturbing them -like anyone wants to know this- Any help will be greatly appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

restore a picture to its original color in Publisher?
I have a Publisher document with several images that have been manually changed to grayscale and would like to turn them back to their original color. Is there a way to do this without manually clicking on each picture and restoring the color? Thanks! Open the Graphics Manager, the changing will be a bit faster. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dawnie" <Dawnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576ED79A-3844-4D5E-ADA0-ADBE5973A8D4@microsoft.com... >I have a Publisher document with ...

export to .pdf from MS works spreadsheet?
If anyone can tell me how to do this I'd be very grateful. Everywhere I go with these spreadsheets, which are in .xlr or 'Microsoft Works Spreadsheet' format, they open up differently (margins and colors are different) depending on what version of 'Excel' or 'Works' the printers use. I've had no luck with the help texts, can anyone tell me how to get these files into .pdf format?? Is it an IMPORT function of adobe acrobat I need to examine? Many thanks in advance, Tom Wailea, HI You need to buy a program that creates the PDF file. They typically set...

Chart export macro
I receive a run time error 1004 within the macro below. The message says, "Application-defined or object-defined error". Being a real novice, I don't know what to look for. So any help would be appreciated. Using Excel 2000, my worksheet periodically imports selected data from an Oracle 9i database. On the same worksheet the data is charted. I want the chart to be periodically dumped to a .htm file so using openign the .htm file see the updated chart data. Here's the macro: Sub Auto_Open() ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, _ "\\Shared\Of...

set background in Publisher 2003 to a color other than white for .
i have a web page i created in Publisher 2003. the width of the page is set so that most monitors will see everything without scrolling horizontally. For people who see a lot of empty space to the right due to their monitor size and settings, can I make this bg color not be white? Yes. Format menu, Background. Also use the web forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and the web FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "sharlyn" <sharlyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Export Outlook 2003 mail account settings ?
I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to export Outlook 2003 mail account settings? I've got a load of PCs to set up with several similar accounts, with OE this was simple. -- Nigel M "Time may be a great healer, but he's a lousy beautician" Outlook 2003 has no account export. Instead, you can use a .prf file = created with the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard = from the Office Resource Kit.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrato...

Import PRF and Exit
Hi there, I'm trying to automate profile creation with a .PRF file. The login script launches the following command: outlook.exe /importprf file.prf Is there a way to force Outlook to close itself once the profile is created? Also, is there a way to suppress the initial "Please enter your full name and initials below" dialog? Thanks -Oleg. > I'm trying to automate profile creation with a .PRF file. The login = script=20 > launches the following command: >=20 > outlook.exe /importprf file.prf >=20 > Is there a way to force Outlook to close itself ...

Outlook 2007 crashes on import
I want to import contacts into Outlook 2007. I created a new contacts folder and started the import. It crashes Outlook every time with the dreaded: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So far I have tried csv and tab delimited files, but it's always the same result. Does anyone have any advice? Where are you importing from ?? -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices Laura, I am importing from a csv file. I also tried a tab delimited file, too. Both are located on my c drive. ...