Is there a windows XP ng? (OT)

 I've been looking in search and find a lot of them, but the whole name
doesn't show in the search box, I have to subscibe to what it is. I'm
finding "windows xp internet explorer 5", and moviemakers and such.

  I'm new to using XP and just started using duel monitors (which I'm also
new to)and have run into problems with this I can't find answers to. The
main one involves using Macromedia Freehand, I found a google group for that
and asked but (so far) nobody answered.

    I like the idea (in theory) or using a 2nd monitor (my old smaller one)
to drag tools and options (and tutorials) onto, leaving the main monitor
free for the picture/workspace. Seems nice just for tutorials, to have it
open on the smaller screen, and the workarea on the big one, instead of
switching back and forth.

   It works good like this with Photoshop, but with Freehand, when I click
something on the 2nd monitor it disappears. I mean I can't get it back on.
Have to close the program and open it again, and it shows up on the 2nd
monitor, but I can't get it back on the main one again (when I go to drag
it, it disappears)

    I haven't tried using Publisher this way, and when the Wizard is closed
(can I close that for good so it doesn't come up at all? Maybe something in
preferences) there's plenty of space to work on one monitor.

    Anyway, I'm wondering what group is about windows (xp or overall)? There
are so many for each topic and even with Publisher, not all of them seem
active and helpful.

 Thanks,
    Carrie

0
starchild (273)

Did you try:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

HTH

:
[...]

 No, but I will now. There were a whole list of them in the ng search, I
thought having an exact name would help, and someone here would know.

 Thanks!

  Carrie

"Oziebill" <oziebillREMXXXXXXXXXOVE@XXXXXYYYyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did you try:
>
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
>
> HTH
>

> "Carrie" <starchild@kingcon.com> wrote in message
> : I've been looking in search and find a lot of them, but the whole name
> : doesn't show in the search box, I have to subscibe to what it is. I'm
> : finding "windows xp internet explorer 5", and moviemakers and such.
> :
> :  I'm new to using XP and just started using duel monitors (which I'm
> also
> : new to)and have run into problems with this I can't find answers to. The
> : main one involves using Macromedia Freehand, I found a google group for
> that
> : and asked but (so far) nobody answered.
> :
> :    I like the idea (in theory) or using a 2nd monitor (my old smaller
> one)
> : to drag tools and options (and tutorials) onto, leaving the main monitor
> : free for the picture/workspace. Seems nice just for tutorials, to have
> it
> : open on the smaller screen, and the workarea on the big one, instead of
> : switching back and forth.
> :
> :   It works good like this with Photoshop, but with Freehand, when I
> click
> : something on the 2nd monitor it disappears. I mean I can't get it back
> on.
> : Have to close the program and open it again, and it shows up on the 2nd
> : monitor, but I can't get it back on the main one again (when I go to
> drag
> : it, it disappears)
> :
> :    I haven't tried using Publisher this way, and when the Wizard is
> closed
> : (can I close that for good so it doesn't come up at all? Maybe something
> in
> : preferences) there's plenty of space to work on one monitor.
> :
> :    Anyway, I'm wondering what group is about windows (xp or overall)?
> There
> : are so many for each topic and even with Publisher, not all of them seem
> : active and helpful.
> :
> : Thanks,
> :    Carrie
> :
> :

0
starchild (273)

How to reinstall or repair Windows Media Player 11
My Windows Media Player 11 is broken. It sounds horrible. The sound is garbled and no amount of adjustments change this. Previous attempts to get help fixing this have been unsuccessful. And now, if I burn MP3s with it, to a CD, the CD will not play in stand-alone players. It gives a No Disc message, though I can see that the disc has been burned. So... How about uninstalling it then reinstalling? Repairing it? Rolling back to an older version? I found these instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx#RollingbacktoapreviousversionofthePl...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

REQ: Can Someone Help Me With This Outlook XP Question?
Hello All: I use Word to edit my e-mail msgs in Outlook XP. I had to reinstall Office the other day and now whenever I want to start a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail I get a warning that comes up: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'" There is a box that asks for the amount of time to allow the access: 1 to 10 minutes. Do I have to have specific settings for my Outlook address book? I use the Contact area in Outlook for addresses. I have ...

Check correction patch for Microsoft Windows
--jgfiyombh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kgqnlddpakhbjo"; type="multipart/alternative" --kgqnlddpakhbjo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pdizbrrdstws" --pdizbrrdstws Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

Reminder window doesn't pop up
When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or keyboard at the time. Is there a setting for this? How do I make it pop up as it used to on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk? WinXPPro and Outlook 2003. Thanks, Mich What add-ins do you have running in Outlook? IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the ac...

On Amazon.com, Outlook 2007 says "compatible with XP, Vista"..
I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online from somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista but I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7? Yes, it will work just fine on Win7. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

can't update office xp
I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my computer is unable to communicate with microsoft. >-----Original Message----- >I can't download the latest updates for office xp. I get >a "hotfix" error. I also can't have microsoft check my >computer for installed updates. it just tells me that my >computer is unable to communicate with microsoft. >. >guess no one has any reply to this, should I reload outloo...

Outlook XP #32
When starting Outlook, I get the following error message: "Outlook.exe There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk 1\DR3. Cancel Try Again. Continue." How do I keep this message from popping up? ...

SDI: Switching between main SDI app windows
I want to be able to allow the end-user to pick between medium and large font sizes for the various controls on the main SDI application window. This windows has several radio-button-groups, a CTreeCtrl, and a CRichEditCtrl. When I use the form editor to lay out the main SDI app window, I'm now using Arial 8. If I change the Properties for the entire window to something larger (like Arial 10 or 14), then all the controls have the font-size increased, and the controls themselves get bigger. This seems like an easier approach than changing the font size for each control, and figuri...

ATTENTION: Windows CE Embedded Live Chat Tomorrow
Just a note that we'll be hosting an online chat tomorrow concerning Windows Embedded CE! Members of the development team will be on hand ready to answer your questions, so bring 'em on! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Title: Windows CE Live Chat! Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 9:00 - 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time Additional Time Zones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=30&year=2008&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=234 Description: Do you have tough technical questions regarding Windows CE for which you're seeking ...

Windows 7 and Dynamics GP 10 SP1
We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1. We have many users that want to upgrade to Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics. Does anyone know of a way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine? I was told there is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack. Thanks GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new insta...

XP Look and Feel in Windows 2000 using ComCtrl32.dll
Hai I Want to have a XP Look and feel under windows2000 using VC++ and ComCtrl32.dll and does any one have any idea please help me as basically iam looking to develop a Skin Waiting for your reply suresh You will have to draw many of your own components. You could purchase a library like the one from www.codejock.com or www.dundas.com or or www.bcgsoft.com use something like this: These are for Office XP, but you'll get the idea. It's a ton of work: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/officexp.asp Tom "suresh" <s...

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Can I create a CScrollView popup window?
Hi, My application displays video from a firewire camera. The video is displayed in a CScrollView derived window that I create in CMainFrame::OnCreate() like this: m_pImageView = new CImageView; m_pImageView->Create(NULL, NULL, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, rClient, this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST, NULL)) Now, when the user stops the video, they can click a toolbar button that pops up a CWnd derived window that displays all of the image data on a particular line of video. So, if the camera is spewing out 8-bits per pixel in the 800x600 mode, the popup window would display the 800 bytes associated w...

Windows Vista is it worth it?
Can I have thoughts regarding Vista, is it all better, than previous versions of MS Windows? "Christopher Henson" <chris21192@msn.com> wrote in message news:u8%23ZpRNCIHA.5600@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can I have thoughts regarding Vista, is it all better, than previous > versions of MS Windows? It is far more secure than earlier versions of Windows, but this is not the place to discuss Vista, or Windows subject matter. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database p...

OFFICE COMPATABLE WITH XP
I HAVE MICROSOFT OFFICE AT WORK ON WINDOW 2000, I NEED TO WORK AT HOME AND I HAVE NO IDEA IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS ON TO MY WINDOWS XP. IS MICROSOFT OFFICE COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS XP PAM The answer is yes - but you are in the wrong group and stop "shouting" (All Caps) "PAMELA ALWELL" <CPALWELL@AOL.COM> wrote in message news:0cb501c3779c$435df360$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I HAVE MICROSOFT OFFICE AT WORK ON WINDOW 2000, I NEED TO > WORK AT HOME AND I HAVE NO IDEA IF I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS ON > TO MY WINDOWS XP. > IS MICROSOFT OFFICE COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS ...

Outlook XP 2002 Attachments
Any attachments that I include in Outlook XP 2002 specially those from the web incoming or outgoing are blocked as unsafe. No matter what are the attachments they are automatically blocked as potentially unsafe and can not be sent or receive. Please help. Opening .exe Attachments with the Outlook E-mail Security Update and Outlook 2002 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Attachment Options by Ken Slovak: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Dimas Lamberty" <DLamberty@shawus.com> wrote in message news:00e5...

Windows Live Calendar 01-28-10
Is there a way I can send one URL and allow access to a family member for ALL five of my calendars as I see it in Windows Live? ...

Scrolling splitter windows via keyboard
I want to be able to scroll the views in a vertical splitter window (synchronized) in response to the UP, DOWN, PAGEUP, PAGEDOWN keys. How can this be achieved? I set up the scroll sizes by calling SetScrollSizes in OnInitialUpdate() and then handle the OnKeyDown message in the view of the splitter window. In the OnKeyDown function, I tried calling OnVScroll(), but it does not work!! Can someone please help? Thank you Abhijit Abhijit, You might perhaps want to try calling ScrollToPosition instead of OnVScroll. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Abhijit" <abhijit_patait_N...

Windows Services #3
I want to provide a windows service. And then I want to write an application so that interact with this windows service. notice: I want to do these work in C++6.0 not in .NET Framework -- Mojtaba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Outllok XP not sending sent emails to sent item folder?
Not sure what happened, but all of a sudden my Outlook XP (2002) no longer sends my sent email messages to the sent items folder. After I send a message and go to my sent items folder to view it...it's not anywhere to be found. How can I get things the way they were when I could find messages I sent later (in my sent items folder)??? Thanks in advance.... ...

Access 97 on Win XP ? Help ?
Hi, We have upgraded our PC from Win 98 SE to Win XP. Also changed to MS Office 2000. All went well, except the old Access 97 database that we had now gives us a strange message. I don't know Access at all, can anyone help me ? When I try to open the database in Access 2000, it wants us to convert or just open. Either option just says "The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt" What does this mean, and how do I fix the problem. I tried installing MS Office 97 again, but this also does not work. Gives an error about objects. We would prefer t...

XP Media Content Disc
I brought a PC that came with just Word XP on it. However, I got Publisher from a friend. I now need to use clipart but Word/Publisher won't let me because of the need for an "Office XP Media Content Disc". Is there anywhere I can download the whole clipart collection, and if so, how? Thanks ...

MS Office: Outlook XP
I had a trial version of Office 2003 installed on my HP computer. I recently deleted it b/c the trial ran out and I then installed Office XP (Professional) from CD-ROM that I had from a Dell PC I own. When I try to send/receive in Outlook, it says "Operation Failed" and does not provide any additional information. I have reason to believe this is because the trial version of 2003 left residual coding such that it won't allow the Office XP Outlook that I istalled to function properly. Any ideas on whether that's the case or what I can do to fix this problem. Ple...