Is there a way to create a border out of text in Publisher?

0
rmac (1)

WordArt?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"rmac" <rmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)
8/5/2005 4:32:07 PM
You can do it with BorderArt if you want to create a graphic from text and
then use the graphic.

How to create wizards with direct links to pages
I was wondering if there was a way to create wizards with direct links to pages like is done in the new project wizard in visual studio? Thanks in advance Gary If you are talking about using hyperlinks on the property pages you could do that with any number of available controls. In fact, there is a link control in the new MFC Feature Pack that would do that sort of thing. If you are talking about just jumping from page to page based on clicking a button or link you could do that by calling SetActivePage() to move to any page in the set. If you'd like to do something with a tree...

Publisher 2000/.jpeg
Is it possible to obtain download/upgrade additions to "Save as" drop down menu, so that I can save file in .jpeg format? If answer is yes,how and from where? It's a built-in choice in the Save As box near the bottom of the list; make sure you go (scroll) all the way to the bottom of the list. You will also have a choice of 150 dpi (default) or 300 dpi with a radio button choice. P. -- Overcome Sales Barriers http://salesbarriers.typepad.com/ "Grumpy from England." wrote: > Is it possible to obtain download/upgrade additions to "Save as" drop dow...

save publisher document onto disc
I am trying to save my Publisher document (a portfolio) onto a disc. How do I save the entire document? How do I get each of the hyperlinks within the 8 pp document to work, once it is saved onto disc? (e:drive) Anissa1 <Anissa1@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save my Publisher document (a portfolio) onto a disc. > How do I save the entire document? How do I get each of the > hyperlinks within the 8 pp document to work, once it is saved onto > disc? (e:drive) Firstly you need to export your publication as a website to you...

How to add text, i.e., " -- Week: _________" to the formula in this message?
Because of a unique but complicated requirement, custom formatting a cell with yyyy" -- Week: _________" didn't work anymore. But I fixed it by using this in the cell formula instead: =IF(A2<>"",TEXT($A$2,"yyyy"),"") (I was getting #VALUE! before I did this change above due to special formula requirements which this group helped out with over the weekend). This formula above gives me: "2007". Instead of just the year, i.e., "2007", how can I change the formula from the just "2007" to display the year _and_ so...

creating shadows
Publisher 2003 "help" says that the shadow option is on the format toolbar but I can't find it? I want to shadow text boxes & auto shapes -- please help! Thanks, madamtobi ...

How do I set publisher 2003 to always open in 100% view?
I need to set publisher 2003 to open all files with the same view and zoom size. It's frustrating having to enlarge each time I open a file. Currently all files open at the default view of 75%. Also would love to know how to get pulisher to show me the page number box at the bottom of the screen - it has disappeared. F9 will zoom to 100% Then there is this from Ed Bennett Default Zoom Add-in v1.0---Scroll down. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2005...

Publish Chart not supported in Office 2007?
Dear, The following script can work in Excel 2003, but I get an error message "This function or attribute not supported in this version" in Excel 2007. ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, cFile, cSheetName, cChartID, xlHtmlChart, "Book1_87181", "") Is there any equivalent method available to publish chart object as htmlin Excel 2007. Thanks a lot. James Lin ...

Text boxes #2
I have created a series of workbooks w/20+ worksheets (most worksheet have a chart) in each one. The 200+ workbooks that I created wer based from a template. Each chart has 3 or 4 variables that hav trendlines. Then I have created text boxes to show (ex. the variabl name, % increase or decrease, R2 = 0.94, y = -7.39x + 1032). Now need to add some new worksheets in these workbooks with the same typ of charts. I have done this but when I go to reopen the file the tex boxes and the info in them for the new worksheets have disappeared. How do I get the text boxes to stay? I have had this p...

Macro to pasting a chart from excel into publisher.
I write a weekly newsletter in Publisher that uses several charts created in Excel. I want to automate the process of moving the charts into place or in Publisher. Have you tried Insert, Object? You might post your question in Publisher.Programming -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "shamrock1955" <shamrock1955@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2EBD521-D19F-45C6-9045-D6541030B8CD@microsoft.com... >I write a weekly newsletter in Publisher that uses several charts created in > Excel. I want to automate the process of moving the charts into place...

publisher text to display hyperlink
Hi. Is it possible to activate the " Text to Display " field for Hyperlinks in Publisher 2003 ? it may be really helpful. ...

'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' checked when created from a blackberry
outlook 2000 exchange 5.5 blackberry 4.1 if I create a contact using the outlook 2000 client by default, the email property 'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' is 'unchecked' if I create the contact on the blackberry and sync it with outlook, when the contact is added to outlook, the email property 'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' is 'checked' so that when 1) I tried to use the contact to send mail, I get "the operation failed" when hitting the send button 2) I open t...

Creating forms in excel #2
I would like to create an excel spreadsheet that I would use to track documents. I would like to use checkboxes to indicate whether certain documents have been received in house. My question is do I have to link the checkbox to a cell? Also, if you have combo boxes, options groups etc. on a form are the answers linked to cells in another spreadsheet with the columns named the same as the labels on the form. Is there a website I could go to learn more about using forms in excel. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee Here are a few places to learn: h...

text overflow in tables
I am trying to create a small brochure in publisher 2003. I am making a list of items and when the list gets too long, the table just overflows beyond the page size, so my question is: "How can I connect the table on one page with the table on the other page so that the excess text from one table just flows into the table on the other page?" thanx in advance You can't... Word is good at this procedure. Perhaps a smaller font? You can keep on filling in the cells, when you are finished, create a table on the second page, copy the text in the excess cells and paste into the ...

Incrementing amounts when text is used
Is there a way to have the cells increment a number if there is text in the string. Lets say I put 1XX@XXXX.com in cell A1, and I want to show 100XX@XXXX.com in cell. Is there a formula that will increment the numbers? I know the fill handle won't do it. In A1 enter: =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & ROW() & "XX@XXXX.com",ROW() & "XX@XXXX.com") and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "blairake" wrote: > Is there a way to have the cells increment a number if there is text in the > string. Lets say I p...

data validation for a single text entry
How can I create a data validation for a single text entry (i.e. to allow leaving the cell blank or entering the word "Yes") without having to create a list of the single entry (i.e. Yes). The other options in data validation related to numbers, not text. Thank you -- MZ Hi, I assume I enter the word Yes in cell B1 then position in the cell you want to apply data validation, go to data validation, custom and enter there the formula as follow =OR(A1=B1,A1="") the above formula is validating data entered in A1 "MZ" wrote: > How can I ...

making a flyer with publisher
I Want to add more than one picture on my flyer, but it does not give me that option. Is it possible to add more than one picture? thank you aj Yes, but you have to do it one at a time. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A.J." <A.J.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F631F9A-98CE-4915-93D4-56EAF4A34765@microsoft.com... >I Want to add more than one picture on my flyer, but it does not give me >that > option. Is it possible to add more than one picture? > thank you > aj I make flyers with Publisher 2000 and put several pictures...

In Publisher XP calendar page navigation bar is not visible, any f
View, status bar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mariusz" <Mariusz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:147991AC-0043-4936-B828-F3E95C006A3D@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I fix Text entries in Excel that get cut off?
When creating notes for my first year law studies, I have come to make simple spreadsheets in Excel in which I enter my brief notes about the cases. I have the cell format set to "general", with the wrap text feature checked, but Excel seems to "hide" half of the text. It will show the first part, but not the other half in the cell. It is there if I select the cell, but does not appear in the print preview. How can I fix this problem? "JLaw" wrote: > When creating notes for my first year law studies, I have come to make simple > spreadsheets in Exc...

Inserting endnotes in publisher
I am creating a document that has references to be put on the last page of the document. Does anyone know if publisher has the endnote feature like Word? I really don't want to do it manually! Thanks much. ps. I'm using Publisher '03 No. You will have to add them manualy. -- -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "amc4me" <amc4me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F35DF807-B967-4978-8BFA-F77D0C05855C@microsoft.com... >I am creating a document that has references to be put...

Can I open a Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2003 and vice ver.
I have Publisher 2000 at home while my church has Publisher 2003. I will be putting together a newsletter for them and was wondering if we will have any problems working together going from 2000 to 2003 and back again. Can this be done and do you have any suggestions I should keep in mind? You can vice but not versa. If you both save your files as Publisher 2000 you should be ok. Pub 2003 can open Pub 2000 files but Pub 2000 can't open Pub 2003 files, thus save as Pub 2000 files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "treefrog2" <treefrog2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

jpeg file created from Publisher page has unwanted line border.
I'm trying to create a jpeg file copying a page of a Publisher 2007 document so I can change its size and reuse it elsewhere. The jpeg file has an unwanted thin line border on left and top. Why? How to get rid of it? ...

How to create 4 Quadrant Chart in Excel 2003?
There are 4 quadrant charts available on net. Similar to that how can we create 4 quadrant charts in Excel 2003 version? If X axis represents Risk & Y axis represents returns in financial language, then if we draw line at center of X axis & Y axis, then four quadrants will be created with Quadrant details as below; Bottom Left Quadrant : Low Risk & Low Returns Top Left Quadrant : Low Risk & High Returns Top Right Quadrant : High Risk & High Returns Bottom Right Quadrant : High Risk & Low Returns Top right: x and y are positive Top left: x is negativ...

most efficient way for multiselect in datagridview
Hi, I would like to be able to multi select rows in a datagridview, just by clicking a cell in the rows I need. The code below, does work. But it looks like it might not be the most efficient way to do this. When I run the program and select rows, the datagrid does not really instantly change, but you can see it changing. It's kind of slow, while my machine is not slow at all. Is there a more efficient way to do this? Can I let the datagrid stop from updating, till the foreach loop is done and then start updating again? If so, how can I stop the datagrid from updating / refreshi...

Macro to force text to rol to next cell
Guys/Gals: A portion of a template I've created includes a section for users t enter free text. This section consists of eight rows. The idea is t enter text into each row in succession so it has a paragraph-typ style. It works fine when the user hits the tab key before overwritin the end of the row. When they forget, it cuts off the end of his/he sentence. What I'd like to do is write a macro that recognizes when the user i near or has reached the end of the writable area of a particular ro and automatically tabs to the next row. Maybe this could be done wit some sort of ce...

OnCtlColor, static text and read-only edit controls
Hi, I want to do something really simple (!) which is to change the background color of a dialog. I've added OnCtlColor() which works - except- it doesn't change the background color for static text controls or for read-only edit controls. So, for the static text I subclassed CStatic and made the text a control variable and that works, but is that the only way? I ask because I've got nearly 50 static text boxes and I'm lazy enough to want to avoid creating 50 IDs and 50 variables if I can help it. Regarding the read-only edit controls, I'm not sure what to do there. I ...