Is Hyperlinking available in Pub. 2002 or 2003

In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm writing
a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or 2003
address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher
newsletter mode?

Thank you.

John Schulte
0
schulte (3)

No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to
click on a link that's on a piece of paper.)

If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are probably
creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat
Standard. That's what I use for my online newsletter.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"schulte" <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
> writing
> a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or
> 2003
> address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher
> newsletter mode?
>
> Thank you.
>
> John Schulte

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/17/2005 9:19:42 PM
Thanks for replying.

Yes, this will be a PDF newsletter. So are you saying that everyplace I want
to have a hyperlink, it needs to be hand done in Adobe as I convert it into a
PDF?

I was hoping that it would work more like MS Word, select the text or image
and create a hyperlink.

John

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to
> click on a link that's on a piece of paper.)
>
> If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are probably
> creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat
> Standard. That's what I use for my online newsletter.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "schulte" <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
> > writing
> > a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or
> > 2003
> > address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher
> > newsletter mode?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > John Schulte

0
schulte (3)
1/17/2005 9:37:08 PM
That's what I'm saying. I know, not fun, but that's the way it is. It could
be worse tho - you could still be working with a pencil and eraser.  ;-)

--

> Thanks for replying.
>
> Yes, this will be a PDF newsletter. So are you saying that everyplace I
> want
> to have a hyperlink, it needs to be hand done in Adobe as I convert it
> into a
> PDF?
>
> I was hoping that it would work more like MS Word, select the text or
> image
> and create a hyperlink.
>
> John
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard
>> click on a link that's on a piece of paper.)
>>
>> If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are
>> probably
>> creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get
>> Acrobat
>> Standard. That's what I use for my online newsletter.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "schulte" <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
>> > writing
>> > a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or
>> > 2003
>> > address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher
>> > newsletter mode?
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >
>> > John Schulte

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/17/2005 9:57:43 PM
Yes, as of 2002 you can create a hyperlink in either publication, print or
web.

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
www.publishermvps.com
www.davidbartosik.com

"schulte" <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
> writing
> a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or
> 2003
> address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher
> newsletter mode?
>
> Thank you.
>
> John Schulte

PDF-XChange will make those urls and e-mail addresses active in a pfd file.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to
> click on a link that's on a piece of paper.)
>
> If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are
probably
> creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat
> Standard. That's what I use for my online newsletter.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "schulte" <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
> > writing
> > a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or
> > 2003
> > address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher
> > newsletter mode?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > John Schulte

schulte <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
> writing a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does
> version 2002 or 2003 address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink
> in regular Publisher newsletter mode?

In addition to the other responses, live hyperlinks will not transfer to PDF
by default, unless you are using Publisher 2002 or 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 7
add-in.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
1/18/2005 8:15:11 AM
Ed,

Add to your list PDF-XChange.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> schulte <schulte@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm
> > writing a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does
> > version 2002 or 2003 address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink
> > in regular Publisher newsletter mode?
>
> In addition to the other responses, live hyperlinks will not transfer to
PDF
> by default, unless you are using Publisher 2002 or 2003 and Adobe Acrobat
7
> add-in.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Don Schmidt <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Add to your list PDF-XChange.

That of course depends how you are presenting your hyperlinks - if you
present them as a URL, PDF-XChange will transfer them; however, to my
knowledge, if it is a text hyperlink that links to a specified URL (e.g. <a
href="http://www.google.com/">GOOGLE'D!</a>), then that will not transfer in
PDF-XChange.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
1/18/2005 6:34:07 PM
Add it to the special list. :-)

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> Don Schmidt <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > Add to your list PDF-XChange.
>
> That of course depends how you are presenting your hyperlinks - if you
> present them as a URL, PDF-XChange will transfer them; however, to my
> knowledge, if it is a text hyperlink that links to a specified URL (e.g.
<a
> href="http://www.google.com/">GOOGLE'D!</a>), then that will not transfer
in
> PDF-XChange.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Don Schmidt <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> was very recently heard to
utter:
> Add it to the special list. :-)

Of course :-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Outlook 2003 News

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Excel 2003

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

My Money 2003
I am trying to join one of my checking accounts to my bank online. I have a user name and password for my my online banking account. When My Money asks for the password and username, I put them in (I know they work) but I get the reply, your password must be exactly 4 spaces and rejects my password. My online password for my bank is required to be 5. How do I accomplish this task if My Money won't take the password to link to my account on line? In microsoft.public.money, bec wrote: >I am trying to join one of my checking accounts to my >bank online. I have a user nam...