inverting text box or fonts for artwork

I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a
text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a
way to invert text outside a text box?
Thank you for your help
Kathy
0
revskc (1)

The entire text box gets inverted. If you want just a line or a word to
invert, you need to make a separate text box. Just make the box active,
select the icon that looks like a line with an arrow head in a circle and
click on it.

BTW, this is with Publisher 2000.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America!

"Kathy Keating" <revskc@mcdeb.com> wrote in message
> I cannot figure out how to invert text that is inside a
> text box. If there is not any way to do this is there a
> way to invert text outside a text box?
> Thank you for your help
> Kathy

0
RetiredEngr (169)

I need a logoff script (with conditions and cancellation dialog box)
Platform: Windows XP SP3, domain workstation. I need a script that: 1. Checks the username of the logged on user. - If the user is one of two specific users, it logs them off immediately. - If the user is not one of two specific users, proceed to step 2. 2. Display a dialog box with a timer ticking down the seconds from 20 minutes. Also in the dialog box, show the caption, "Unless the countdown is cancelled, the user will be automatically logged off." At the bottom of the dialog box, show a button that reads "Cancel Logoff". - If the button is clicked, the ...

Removing the old E2K box
All - having successfully migrated to E2K3 several months ago, time has come to remove the old E2K box but alas it thinks there are still mailboxes, which there are not, all references in the PF refer to the new server, infact if I turn the E2K box off all is working ok..is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260378/ my only option? + does AD need to be aware that E2K has been removed or can I just remove the old server from ESM...keeping in mind that the old box will be nuked anyway. tia I would verify with AD Find in ADUC for Exchange Mailboxes and Attributes on the Exchange 2000 Server...

Box to apear in Subform
I have a report with a subreport that shows products in a list and i would like a box to aprear next to it if a product code is displayed I have the following VB code but can not get it to work Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.ProductCode Is Null Then Me.Box.Visible = True End If End Sub Could any one tell me what i have done wrong Thanks very much try If IsNull(Me.ProductCode.Value) Then Pieter "Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message news:1192524750.007440.143550@k35g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I have a report with a subreport that sho...

text box frozen in Publisher
I have created a document and need to make changes; I can not change it; text box borders do not come up. Is the text box on the background perhaps? Ctrl+m. What happens when you select the text box and right-click? Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAE55C71-179F-4EE9-B21C-0203A27042A0@microsoft.com... >I have created a document and need to make changes; I can not change it; text > box borders do not come up. No...

help needed with a combo box
Hi, I am trying to create a database for ordering materials. I have a form with two tabs. The first tab is for order details and the second tab is for order items (with a subfrm to list products for that order). On tab one I select the supplier for the order. When I go to tab two, to fill out the order items I have a combo box for ‘Product code’ and I want the combo box to only show products for the supplier I selected on tab one. The products are all in the same table and the column for ‘supplier name’ is linked to ‘supplier name’ in another table for suppliers details. In the combo...

Want to create a file open box using a dialog box
I would like to create a file open box using a dialog box, but am not familiar with VBA. Is there a simple solution which will allow me to change the box header and place notes within the box itself?? Sorry for the ignorance. Truely, Mindless Mike Hi Mike Header yes, notes no: Sub test() Dim V As Variant V = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Go on pick one") If V = False Then Exit Sub 'cancelled MsgBox "You chose " & CStr(V) 'note that it doesn't open the file, VBA must open it if desired End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "...

How do I make the location box bigger?
I am trying out the Excel 2010 beta and having missed out 2007 I am trying to get to grips with the ribbons, probably the most cumbersome way of accessing controls ever devised, but that is beside the point. One of my most used controls in Excel was the 'address bar', it was the simplest way to copy paths into emails for other people on the network, this has now become the 'location box' or 'document location' and it can be added to the quick access toolbar. The problem is it's really small and when dealing with long network paths it is nice to be ab...

Login dialog box has disappeared in IE8
I've have been using IE8 under WinXP SP3 with no problems until just recently. Now, when I go to the Fidelity.com site which contains all of my investment stuff, I cannot log in because that dialog box has disappeared. Everything else on the page is normal, all the other dialog boxes are there, but the box under "LOG IN -- Customer ID" has vanished; there's the space for it but it's just blank grey with no box. There's a "Log in" title on the upper right of the page that can be clicked on, but that does nothing. When I called Fidelity about th...

Validation Boxes and dependant cells
Here is the problem... I have a list on sheet 2: THis is not the complete list, the actual i 400 names long. the range is called "Names" A B Derek | 575 Bob | 500 Jonny| 200 Doug | 300 On sheet 1 i have a validation box in row A that applies to the rang of "names" in sheet two I would like to have the number that coresponds with the name come u in cell B when the validation box is filled in A. Thanks, Dere -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use can use VLOOKUP for this in cell B on sheet 1 type =VLOOKUP(A1,Names,2,0) where A1 ...

Blank space gets inserted after text
For most columns, I am specifying a wrappable text format. Sometimes, after entering text in a cell, I get an extra blank line embedded at the end and I have to go back and manually close up the space. (So, if the text actually takes 2 lines, the row becomes 3 lines deep.) However, the problem is not consistent and I can't always reproduce it. Sometimes the height of the cell adjusts itself to the text just fine. I thought I may be inadvertently hitting the spacebar at the end of the last word, causing a wraparound, but that doesn't seem to be it. Any ideas? Hi Ros, Have you t...

Transfer data in an other text box field on a condition
Hi folks, I have a field on my report that show me a sum of "cartons to received" for each truck appointed. now I want to transfer that sum of "cartons to received" into another text box if the cartons are received. Anyone have an idea, how can I do this? If you need additional details, let me know. Thanking you in advance for your support Fred's ...

Attachment inserts in middle of text
I am using Outlook 2000 and when I insert an attachment to a mail message, it places it in the middle of my text. I am a new employee to a small company and we don't have much in the way of tech support. When I have used Outlook in the past I have always been able to set it up to where the attachment goes at the bottom in a separate window. How do I set up my Outlook to place the attachments at the bottom in a separate window? Tools>Options>Mail Format. Change it to something other than "Rich Text" "ddk" <dkiefer@theballpark.biz> wrote in message...

Box 85(T4) available for deduction paycode
Actually, the T4 Box 85 is available only in the Benefit paycode. The other reason for the use of this box is the availability on the box in the deduction paycode. The portion of the employment insurance paid by the employee can put on the T4 in the Box 85. You don't have this option now in Canadian Payroll. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Find&Replace *
The contents of my spreadsheet have an * at the beginning of the text in several of the cells (i.e. *Doe, John). When I attempt to do a Find&Replace specifying "*" as the find and "" as the replace, it simply wipes out everything. Is it possible to specify * as text and not as a wildcard? Or is it possible to create a macro that does the same thing? Any suggestions/hints, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Stringham Try this in the Find box: ~* -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within ...

Can't create a new user with a mail box automatically with Active Dir #2
I have 2003 server with Active Directory and Exchange installed. When i click Create -> "User" and reach the dialog to create an Exchange mail box, the "Mailbox Store" drop down list is empty. Which has the effect that the "Next" button is disabled and I can't create a mailbox attached to that account. Where can I find that setting or what should I do? Thanks in advance /Mac Check and make sure the account you are using to create the new users has at least Exchange View-Only administrator in Exchange System Manager. Right-click on either ...

text boxes disappear off screen
hi, i have set up a new workbook containing various text boxes, all of which appear fine on my pc, and on of most of my colleagues' pc's. but on some of my other colleagues' pc's - some of the text boxes only become visible once they have clicked on the area containing the boxes, or, in some cases, not at all. they do appear on all printouts however. i'm at a loss as to why/how this is happening! cheers, mark Just a silly wild guess... I would guess that it has more to do with the video driver/video settings or even memory available. Any chance you can fiddle w...

Setting a combo box value
Hi, I am opening a form with the docmd.openform, and once the form opens I would like to set the value of a combo box on that form automatically, based on a record that was slected (double clicked) on the previous form. The code below works and will open the form with the combox box value completed, but for some reason when any of the first 6 records on the original form are double clicked, the second form will open and the combo box will be blank. I have put a msgbox in to check the Me!Server values and they are all fine. I have also checked the combobox values to make...

Populating cells by selecting items from Combo Box? How to?
I have a combo box with three different house models. I need th spreadsheet to show the square footage of each side of the house fo each model when it is selected from the combo box. Basically I have four cells in a column, Side 1, Side 2, Side 3,Side for each side of the house. Then, next to each of those cells I woul like the values of the square footage to show up when that particula house model is selected from the combo box (the square foot #s ar always the same and can be inputted beforehand) I'm not sure if there is a way to do this without using much code(don' have much kno...

Can't get rid of funny little boxes in imported data
Using Excel 97 on WINNT (but not for much longer she grinne hopefully!) Evening All, Can anybody help me with the correct character for my problem, please? Customers create their orders through a web form and the information i downloaded into a csv file once a week. Unfortunately, where customer are entering their delivery address, they can hit the Enter button t type further details on a new line. This appears as funny little boxe in the csv file cells. I've tried a find and replace but I'm obviously not using the righ character for the find. :confused: Please help. TIA. Lee ...

Use bullets in a comments box
In Excel 2007, is it possible to use a bulleted or numbered list inside a comments box? Thanks in advance. Arlene Hi, Well you not in Word, so there is no command for automatic numbering or bulleting in any part of Excel. However, you can manually number inside a comment and you can add bullets bu choosing the Insert, Symbol command, to only active command on the Insert ribbon when you are in a comment. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane "Arlene" wrote: > In Excel 2007, is it possible to use a bulleted or numbered list inside a > comments box?...

help with adding formatable text in bitmap file
I want to write a VC++ console application which opens existing bitmap image file, adds text to it and save it back to hard disk with different name.The text which is added should be a formatted text, for eg I should be able to select size,font, etc on the text. How can I do this? It has to be a windows program obviously. (It can be windowless, to make it appear to be console app). Anyway, you can load the bitmap and then user CRichEditCtrl::FormatRange to put RTF text on the bitmap. Here is a good example (By Henry Skoglund) on using FormatRange http://www.learnstar.com/AliR/RTFScaler3.zi...

Why does shadow show through text box as unfilled line?
When I put a shadow on a text box, it simply appears as another box, and shows through. The position is correct. What version Publisher are you using? Publisher 2003 will automatically fill the text box white when you apply a shadow from the shadow toolbar. In Publisher 2002 you have to fill the text box before the shadow settings become active. Old versions of Publisher the shadow is simply a line. In none of the versions is the text box transparent. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Eileen" <Eileen...

Font Corruption Problems in Office 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I'm running Office 2004 on a Macbook Pro 4GB Ram, Leopard 10.5.4. Out of the blue, and for no reason I can figure, every time I launch an Office app (Word, Excel, PPT, Entourage) I see the "Optimizing font menu performance text" come up, then suddenly I get a dialog that says "The Font XXX is corrupt and should be removed" It proceeds to do this for ALL my installed fonts, even the ones that are deactivated via Font Book. I have to Ok this dialog for EVERY SINGLE FONT, so it takes forever to lo...

Allowing the Legend Box to display more characters
Hello One of the variables I am plotting is called "Average Fitness". I see that only the letters "Average Fitne" are visible in the Legend Box of my chart. Is it possible to have more characters visible in that box, or to be able to display the two words on two lines in the Legend Box, i.e., "Average Fitness" Thank you! Does this help? Select the legend, then drag one of the small black handles to make the legend wider. Also, is the Zoom set to something other than 100%? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

Dialog box display problem
Environment VC++.Net, Windows xp Hi All, I have developed an mfc dialog box application. The dialog box displays information of the process my application is performing. The problem is that if i click on any portion of the dialog box or move the dialog box while the program is running, the dialog gets painted with white color, and i am not able to see the controls on the dialog until the program gets finished. any help to resolve my problem will be highly appreciated, asif Asif wrote: > Environment VC++.Net, Windows xp > > Hi All, > > I have developed ...