Inverted pages for use in instruction manuals

I'm looking for a template or download that I can use to create an
instruction manual that has every other page inverted.  For instance, the
front of every page is in English and, when the manual is finished, it can be
turned over and upside down to show the Spanish instructions.  Any
suggestions?

The manuals I've seen that look like that tend to have the front half in
English and the back half upside down in Spanish. Select everything on the
Spanish page, group it, rotate it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TechWriter" <TechWriter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a template or download that I can use to create an
> instruction manual that has every other page inverted.  For instance, the
> front of every page is in English and, when the manual is finished, it can
> be
> turned over and upside down to show the Spanish instructions.  Any
> suggestions?

0
jl_paules (2768)

I use a desk top and would like to export and then import to my n.
I would like to know how to export task from MS Outlook and import them onto another computer >-----Original Message----- >I would like to know how to export task from MS Outlook and import them onto=20 >another computer >. > Download Microsoft's Outlook back up program to each. Back up from one and restore on the other. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D8b081f3a-b7d0-= 4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=3Den ...

How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?
I am publishing a newsletter, (8 pages, 2 double sided). Folded size to be 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each 8.5 X 11inches Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word 2003, but can switch to Word 2007. Thanks for your help. Jenlyndy@aol.com, You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use "2 pages per sheet" on the Margin...

Delete Queries using Unmatched Query
Reading many helpful responses on this site, but unfortunately none of them seem to remedy my current issue. Just learning Access, took a quick college prep course, got the basics. Now I am expanding freelance. SO the scenarios is my test idea that I have intent to apply on larger scale. I have a database with 15 records... lets say reservations (tbl_reservations) for a hotel. Used a maketable to copy that table because it gets updated often to cancelled or complete status. So I filter out the 9 of those 15 reservations which are still in pending status and make the new table (tbl...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

Existing Gift Card Use?
I have generic plastic gift cards that use magnetic strips. They were purchased a while back to use with our current processor. I would like to continue to use these and integrate and manage them via RMS. There are all serialized. I've heard of problems with the mag strips in RMS. something about terminal characters. Is there a way I can use these cards? Maybe by programing the MSR or something? I would hate to have to buy new cards that use barcodes to get around this. Derek, Go into Notepad and swipe a card. If it enters just a serial number, then you can use it. If it has mor...

centralizing pictures on a page
is there any way that i can have a picture exactly center on the page. are there settings to center it horizontally, or vertically. i am using publisher XP Easiest way is draw a rectangle the size of the page and arrange the picture vertically & horizontally and delete the rectangle. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "kish" <kishan.shah@talk21.com> wrote in message news:197701c38821$fea413d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way that i can have a picture exactly center > on the page. are ther...

dropdown list to a page in worksheet
Hi, I have a list of names in worksheet1 I have a Page for each name in Worksheet2 I need to creat a dropdown list in worksheet2 of names in worksheet1 which will allow me to jump to his specific page. how do i do this? Thanks, Jared Hi, Since you used the term "drop down list," I would like to highlight the following links. However, the purpose is for data entry/validation. I am not surprised if your approach may have to be something very different - a formula/procedure plus hyperlink? I'll let the experts fill in the blank. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistanc...

Number of PC using one license
I purchased Office Home & Student 2007, and loaded it on my desktop and then on my laptop and my sons laptop. My sons laptop just died. When I purchase him a new laptop can I load the software again, on the new laptop, or will I need to purchase a new license because it has already been loaded 3 times. Yes, you are limited to 3(three) concurrent installations. Cassie wrote: > I purchased Office Home & Student 2007, and loaded it on my desktop and then > on my laptop and my sons laptop. My sons laptop just died. When I purchase > him a new laptop can I load the ...

Ex 2003 IS backup, using NTBackup 5.0
On Win2K SP4, I've upgraded from Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003. I use NTBackup to back up the IS. The NTBackup is version 5.0. Backup proceeds normally; on differentials I can see NTBackup counting log files, etc. However, I tested a restore, and when I catalogued the *.bkf file, NTBackup says "No files were found". So I have an error-free backup, from which (apparently) I cannot restore. Is the Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003 upgrade supposed to upgrade NTBackup as well, to a version that can handle restoring Ex 2003 IS? Does anyone have an insight into why NTBackup doesn't want to ...

can't use "send to" for file attachment outlook 2007
I can't use the send to function to attach a file to outlook 2007 using windows 7 64 bit. I can within the email use the attach file function. what happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? http://foru...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Can I use the grouping and lock and protect cells
I want to be able to make some cells so that they cannot be chaned and also use the grouping? Hi bfisher Read this from Dave Peterson If you protect the worksheet in code, you can do more things Add this to a general module: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember it after closing the workbook.) (you could use the workbook_open even under ThisWorkbook, too.) I...

Off-Topic: Newsgroup Readers/Viewers
I know this is off-topic, but I couldn't find a newsgroup that was appropriate for this post (like a lounge for MVP's or something)...so I apologize in advance. I currently use Outlook Express (or Outlook Newsreader : "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews) for viewing newsgroups. While its a nice program, it does have a few shortcomings, not the least of which is its difficulty in truly tracking and reporting responses to posts made by the user. I figured since a lot of MVP's and others on these newsgroups tend to respond to a lot of newsgroup posts, an...

Option trades not using "cash" account
I am using the trial version of Money 2006 Premium and am seeing a problem which also occured in Money 2003. When opening or closing an option position in an investment account, the "Transfer to:" field is left blank by default even though a "cash portion" is defined for that account. This is a minor annoyance in that, for each of these transactions, I need to select the appropriate cash account. In some cases, if the "Transfer to:" field is left blank, Money will ask for the cash account name but this does not always happen and the security is bought or...

Using 'Not Like' for exact string matches
Is there a performance difference between these two query criteria statements? Not Like "aa" and Not Like "bb" vs. Not "aa" and Not "bb" I've seen where you should only use Like when a wildcard is being used. I'm looking to speed up these queries any way I can. Thanks in advance. I believe that you will see no difference in performance for the two queries. Have you indexed the field that you are applying the criteria to? Indexing will usually make query performance quicker. "Usually .. quicker" meaning that if you are adding r...

Page breaks #5
Page breaks on worksheet have become locked or frozen. Any one know how to unlock? DC, In the standard toolbar, try going to File -> Page Setup -> Scaling and make changes to the "Adjust to % of normal size" option. I've had luck with this after experiencing the same type of frozen page breaks in the Page Break preview. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "DC" wrote: > Page breaks on worksheet have become locked or frozen. Any one know how to > unlock? ...

A search for $ in a formula use to work now it does not work
Using Find $256 on a column or columns in Excel, that contains formulas used to work but now I am getting a message that says ...detected that your search contains formatting symbols. Any Ideas as to why it is not working now. Find/Replace won't find $256 if its 256 formatted to look like dollars. Use 256 instead. -- Gary''s Student "JuneJuly" wrote: > Using Find $256 on a column or columns in Excel, that contains formulas used > to work but now I am getting a message that says ...detected that your search > contains formatting symbols. Any Ideas as ...

Using "Avg" function on calculated field
In a report I have a calculated field as "=Nz([Total],0)/Hrs" which works fine. In the report footer I tried to get the average of the values in this column so I used "=Avg(Nz([Total],0)/Hrs) but when I run it it asks me for the value of "Hrs". Neither "hrs" nor "total" are calculated fields and no error is generated either. The output for the average is just blank. I tried =Avg(Nz([Total],0)/(Nz(Hrs,))) which did not work either. What am I missing? There's a couple of potential issues here. It sounds like Hrs is a field in the table/quer...

Can I use C#.Net to customize the old RMS version.
I have a RMS version which supports VB 6 and to use .Net it says I have to use Wrapper. Can I use C# to customize this RMS version ? Please help.. Thanks in advance Vicky... :-) Yes. Rob "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8995A2C9-53B0-432B-B92A-C4469EE507EA@microsoft.com... >I have a RMS version which supports VB 6 and to use .Net it says I have to > use Wrapper. > Can I use C# to customize this RMS version ? > > Please help.. > Thanks in advance > > Vicky... :-) ...

Using POP service on windows 2003
Hey guys I'm currently running Windows 2003 POP mail service It's working nice and smoothly But when I try to send E-mail through SMTP server I get this message "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 11/18/2003 3:01 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'kimish@somewhere.com' on 11/18/2003 3:01 PM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for kimish@somewhere.com" on client side and at the server side (event viewer) I get "Message delivery to the host '111.111.111.111' fai...

Row Level Versioning using Read Committed Isolation
We have Read Committed Isolation enabled and I was interested in more closely monitoring TempDB usage. We do NOT have Snapshot Isolation enabled, only Read Committed Isolation. In looking at sys.dm_db_file_space_usage, the column version_store_reserved_page_count specifically, does that relate to the usage of the version store when Read Committed Isolation is enabled, or only when Snapshot Isolation is enabled, or both? Second question. It appears that according to sys.dm_db_file_space_usage, the column version_store_reserved_page_count specifically, that the page counts are activ...

Using rundll32.exe to install using a non interactive session
Hi, I'm trying to write a script that will remotely install a file system filter driver remotely across a number of systems using psexec.exe (from sysinernals). This works fine if the user is logged on to the remote system, but does not seem to work if no user is logged in. If I try to run other applications using psexec when the user is not logged in, they wrk fine. Are there any reasons why rundll32.exe cannot be used in this way? Thanks Richard "Rich Jones" <Rich Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9910D08-E00E-49E5-842E-93E9F...

Do I use Concatenate? help!
I'm looking for some help with creating a query. The fields are user, case, location, units I need a total count of locations, but whenever if the fields case and location are the same multiple times, I need for it to count as one. But I need the total sum of units. ex. User Case Location Units bob 01 a1 1 bob 01 a1 1 bob 01 a1 1 bob 01 a2 1 The results would be User location units bob 2 4 Location would show 2 because the units came from two different locations. Thank you! So you wa...

Create controls library using MFC!
Hi, I am trying to create an abstraction over the MFC control classes so that it is simplified and/or extended for our usage. - Firstly, is it a good idea to create a separate project in VC 2005 and build a static library of control classes which I can later use in different MFC based projects? - Since stdafx.h (for precompiled header) and afxcmn.h for some MFC controls had to be included in the same file, I get an error saying do not include windows.h (which exist in stdafx.h" in MFC apps when I compile the library. If I remove stdafx.h then it will complain asking me to include it. T...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...