Installing Publisher as an add-in?

I bought MO XP Small Business, and installed it.  Later I discovered I needed
Access, so I bought MO XP Pro.  I uninstalled Small Business and Installed XP
Pro.  I need Publisher also, which is a part of Small Business.  Is there
anyway I can install just the publisher program to work with the XP Pro?  My
system is Windows ME.  Thanks
Dee
0
Dee (106)

If I remember right Publisher was the second disk in the Small Business suite. You
can install it as a standalone.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought MO XP Small Business, and installed it.  Later I discovered I needed
> Access, so I bought MO XP Pro.  I uninstalled Small Business and Installed XP
> Pro.  I need Publisher also, which is a part of Small Business.  Is there
> anyway I can install just the publisher program to work with the XP Pro?  My
> system is Windows ME.  Thanks
> Dee

0
gsauer (5093)
10/10/2004 9:46:47 PM
Hi Dee (Dee@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I bought MO XP Small Business, and installed it.  Later I discovered
|| I needed Access, so I bought MO XP Pro.  I uninstalled Small
|| Business and Installed XP Pro.  I need Publisher also, which is a
|| part of Small Business.  Is there anyway I can install just the
|| publisher program to work with the XP Pro?  My system is Windows ME.
|| Thanks
|| Dee

Publisher was only a part of Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition for
OEM's.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Help! Navigation bar disappeared after re-publishing!
I did some modifications on my navigation bar and re-published the entire website. When I reviewed my site, I noticed that the navigation bar was gone. I called Hostmonster who hosts my website. They uninstalled and re-installed the FrontPage Extension twice and renamed the access file, and each time I re-published the site. But to no avail. Does anybody have an idea? I am at my wit's end. Monika If you have a website give us a link to it so we can it and help you Out? "yogalady" <yogalady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6DDF78...

Flash player won't install
I have tried everything to get Flash player to install on a Vista Home system with IE8. I get a message saying ActiveX control could not register or words to that effect. I have read evry forum and help page and tried all suggestions. Adobe does not appear in the IE addons, does that matter? Please help. Thanks "Chas" <I ate Spam@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:OJeGIEWPLHA.6052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have tried everything to get Flash player to install on a Vista Home >system with IE8. > I get a message saying ActiveX control could not r...

Publisher freezes when Outlook Open
I recently purchased and installed Office 2007 Professional with Outlook Business Contact Manager and when I try to start Publisher with Outlook already open Publisher freezes. If Outlook is not open everything works just fine. Except when I try to email from Publisher it will freeze when Outlook tries to open and send the email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The program stops responding when you try to open or to save a file in an Office 2002 program, in an Office 2003 program and in an Office 2007 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313937/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

Add Node to XML file
I am using VB2005 Beta 2 I want to open a .xml file, test if a certain field exists, if not add the field to each of the records in the file using a default value. Thanks for any help, Thomas example: each element looks like this at present <Filters> <Type>SAF</Type> <DbLow>-50</DbLow> <DbHigh>-24</DbHigh> <VelLow>600</VelLow> <VelHigh>2000</VelHigh> </Filters> I want to add the bottom two to each element <Filters> <Type>SAF</Type> <DbLow>-50</Db...

How do I install an Export Service for Excel.
Hey everyone, I need help installing an add-on. I have a user who is exporting/importing data and the error they receive is "The MS Excel Export Service needs to be installed.' Where can I find that at? I looked on the web and on MS Website with no luck. Anyone know! Thanks for all your help guys! ...

Publisher very slow.....
I have tried to look through other posts and did what people suggested: turn down acceleration and update video driver. I have Publisher 2002 SP3. Is there any updates that can help me? The file has a small advertisment I made that is 2x2.58 inches with 4 pictures that are all cropped and some text boxes... It takes a long time to load and if I try to move something or select something it takes what seems like a minute before I can work with it. Any ideas??? Did you create this publication in an earlier version of Publisher? WordArt? When You Add WordArt Objects Publisher 2002 Slows D...

How do I save a publisher file to a CD and avoid read only status
I am trying to save a publisher file to a CD RW and it is either auto saving to "read only" or not allowing me to save at all. I have changed the "read only" selection box and it is set NOT to save as "read only". Is there an issue with the type of CD RW disc I am using? I want to be able to take the file with me on a laptop presentation. Thanks! -- Jerry Save the file to the hard drive, copy to the CD, Publisher does not save well to removable media. Anything you transfer to a removable media becomes read only. Copy the file to your laptop drive, the rea...

Installing Exchange Connector on Clustered Exchange server??
Is installing the connector on a clustered exchange server supported? The specific installation instructions for the connector will not work on a cluster because the SMTP service is a clustered service. Has anyone done this? Do we need to install another (non-clustered) Exchange box just for the connector? (Note: we really only need CRM outgoing mail. I don't believe we will be filtering all incoming or internal messages into CRM) Thanks! Not getting much response, so let me ask slightly differently... Has anyone ever TRIED installing the Exchange Connector on an Exchange Cluste...

How do I get my publisher 2003 documents to print to the edge of .
How can I get documents to print to the edge of a page in Publisher 2003? I want my picture to bleed to the edge and have set all gaps to 0. Yet I still get a big white border around each side of the page as opposed to the graphics printing to the edge. Ple Is your printer capable of doing that? Not all are. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Macey" <Macey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4FA27CF-D2F2-47E7-B35D-D100ABF3B70A@microsoft.com... > How can I get documents to print to the edge of a page in Publisher 2003? > I > want my pi...

Cannot open Publisher file #2
I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could have happened. I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have to recreate this whole thing I am going to h...

Full Text Indexing Error on CRM Install
Hi I'm getting the following error during install at select SQL Server "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server." I've installed Index Service, and also went back and reinstalled the full text module in SQL Server 2000. Still getting the error. How do I fix this? Hi Have you checked the indexing service is started in services? Regards Dan "amwbgi" wrote: > Hi > > I'm getting the following error during install at select SQL Server > > "Full-Text Indexing needs to be running on the specified SQL server....

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

cannot add users or remove restricted access mode
I made an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. When I try to remove the "restricted access mode" from a user or add a new user from the domain I get an error message when I click to save the change. here is an error message which is quite similar to what I get (my original error message is in German - posted it too down below): ___________________________________________________________________________= __________________ Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to...

New exchange 2003 installation
I'm trying to bring up a new Exchange 2003 server, the first Exchange server we've had at this company, running under Windows 2003 Server. We have a domain, and the domain controller is a Windows 2000 Server, with a Windows NT machine as the secondary DC. I was able to get a test server up and running under VMware, but things aren't going as well under the new production machine. I can do the Exchange Tasks for a given user under AD, but no matter what I do, the user doesn't show up in All Users in the System Manager console. Am I missing something? Thanks! --Steve Pfister /...

Custom add to navigation pane
In OE2003, is there a way to add a custom item to the navigation pane such as news grabber? "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:WiKdc.255$xn4.5753@attbi_s51... > In OE2003, is there a way to add a custom item to the navigation pane such > as news grabber? > sorry, mean't the Outlook plugin/add on "newsgator" No, since this is a mailfolder . You can however add it as a favorite in the Mail Navigation -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, ...

MSN Stock Quote Add-In (msnsq.exe) doesn't install
Running Win2000SP4, & Excel 2002SP2 on a Dell Prec. Workstation. I have tried installing this add-in from the web and also from a folder, always with the same result. It appears to be installing until I get a dialogue box stating "Failed to download settings from the internet." After thias attempt to install, the add-in shows as available from within Excel but is non-functional, and has an abreviated tool-bar associated with it. Help? Thanks, Richard ...

Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation
Hi community, I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available, recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the english one. Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'! A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as needed ;-) However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK c...

Publisher
How do I insert files into files. Stated otherwise, insert, import, or append one Publisher file into another Publisher file? There is the copy/paste method. You can try this: http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Michael Mills" <MichaelMills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E7D97A1-4E65-4CB9-9C08-578AFC6DF98D@microsoft.com... > How do I insert files into files....

Add/Remove Shares 401(k) problem
When I import account data for my 401(k) account, buy transactions show up correctly, but where I have rebalanced my portfolio to match my intended contribution percentages, the rebalancing transactions show up as Add or Remove Shares transactions. First of all, is this the way that these transactions should be represented in the first place? The problem seems to be the way that Add/Remove shares is handled, and the local balance never seems to be anywhere close to what is reported online in my downloaded statement. It is often twice the true value or more, and it since Add/Remove ...

My MS Publisher 2002 booklet passes printers OK
And I mean the official printing company who will print out the booklet for the reunion. Yippppeee I took a CD of what I have and they could open the file. Whew. Just wanted everyone here to know I appreciated the help you gave me along the way. AnnE in MN Good news, AnnE, wish we could take a look at it. Maybe you can convert it to a PDF and put it on a web site. Thanks for your update, it is great to know. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com> wrote in me...

Microsoft Publisher #2
Trying to open email attachment (newsletter) created with Mircosoft Publisher. File 'saves' from attachment to 'Downloadw' but will not open in Publisher. Message reads "Publisher cannot open file" with an 'okay' button. Also, unable to print that screen to send to original sender. Are the versions of Publisher the same or is your version a later version? Are you running that garbage software Symantec Norton AV? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Is the attachment a .pub file? -- JoAnn Paules M...

Konica Printer Problem in Publisher
Hello, I have a Konica 7075 IP-601 printer on our network. At random times, users cannot print from within Microsoft Publisher to just this particular printer. Here are some facts about this problem: - They can print Publisher documents to any other printer - They can print from any other application to the Konica - The problem occurs identically on each users' computer - Two of the users' computers have had their PC's totally reloaded recently, and the problem occurred both before and after the reloading - Before the reloading, the two users were using Publisher 2002 and...

How do I get Publisher 2003 to have same wordart as Publish 2000?
I like the wordart in Publisher 2000, I don't like wordart in Publisher 2003. Is there a was I can have wordart behave the same as in 2000 in Publisher 2003? You can download the compatibility utility here. When you want to use it, insert, object, scroll down to WordArt 3.2 Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=897aa11b-a37d-4586-a1a7-54bbea375ae2&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jenenglish" <jenenglish@discussions...

Publisher Format Conversion
I have created a project for someone and they are on a mac, but I will be leaving here and they will need to be able to keep and update the project as they need to. How can I get this to them in publisher on my PC laptop so they can function on a mac? There is no Mac version of Publisher and I don't know of any other program that can edit a .pub file. You'd be better off finding out what programs you have in common and do a copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Hillary" <Hillary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:683B4B31...

Duplicate Install Problem
I had a problem with Outlook when I first purchased my computer. When I uninstalled and reinstalled Office ... I now have 2 "Outlook Today" - Personal Folder lists (Inbox, Outbox, Sent, Deleted, etc). When email comes in, it files into both. How do I get rid of this duplicate set of "Outlook Today" folders. TIA. >I had a problem with Outlook when I first purchased my >computer. When I uninstalled and reinstalled Office ... I >now have 2 "Outlook Today" - Personal Folder lists (Inbox, >Outbox, Sent, Deleted, etc). Version of Outlook, please....