Installing Publisher 2000 - scratched CD

My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the
installation.  It gets stuck on the same file every time.  I don't really
want to have to buy a new one.  Any ideas?
--
Thanks,
Denise

Your local CD store will have a CD repair kit that might help.
--

"Denise W" <DeniseW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the
> installation.  It gets stuck on the same file every time.  I don't really
> want to have to buy a new one.  Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks,
> Denise

0
JamesHahn (35)
10/12/2004 6:38:16 AM
Copy the CD to your hard drive, sometimes works.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Denise W" <DeniseW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the
> installation.  It gets stuck on the same file every time.  I don't really
> want to have to buy a new one.  Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks,
> Denise

0
gsauer (5093)
10/12/2004 8:41:23 AM
Microsoft may have a replacement offering. Contact them first.

The first chore on my list when buying a new program is burn a copy, use the
original as an archive copy and the burnt copy to install.
Label the burnt copy with name, version & registration code.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Denise W" <DeniseW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Disk 2 of MS Office 2000 Pro is horribly scratched & won't complete the
> installation.  It gets stuck on the same file every time.  I don't really
> want to have to buy a new one.  Any ideas?
> --
> Thanks,
> Denise

0
Retired (261)

Install Sharepoint Support for Office 2003
I want to change an existing Office 2003 network installation. The feature I want to add is Windows SharePoint Services Support. I tried to do this via the Custom Maintenance Wizard. But the Windows Sharepoint Services Support will not install. Hopefully someone can help me with this. I don't want to manually install the feature for 300+ clients. ...

Active content in saved HTML files built in Publisher
This is an odd question. We have a government client that of course is watched over and controlled by the network police and won't allow active content (ActiveX) to run on any machine. We have a navigation-able project built in publisher and saved as HTML. It's four simple pages with just some simple "click here for next page" hyperlinks, and some hyperlinks to some pdfs. Stupidly simple. However our client can view the project because they receive the "No Active Content" error and the whole project is unusable. Is there a way to build a navigation-able pro...

Excel 2000 Pivot table using offline OLAP CUB as the data source
Hello professtionals, I need to use Pivot table using offline OLAP CUB as the data source to analys a large amount of data. I would like to know: What is the maximum size for a CUB file in Excel 2000? What is the maximum size of data that Excel 2000 pivot table support? Thank you very much. Not sure what the maximum size is for an external data source, or even if it's restricted. Maximum size for a pivot based on a worksheet is 65,536 records (maxm. worksheet length). I regularly use pivots reading from Access databases of 2-300,000 records without a problem. "Samson Tang&quo...

CD interest question for Money 2005 Deluxe
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe edition on a Windows XP computer.. I was able to set up my bank CD's ok, but when I type in the interest, Money treats it as a cash transaction, and doesn't update the balance of the CD to reflect the interest payment. The original amount is treated as an investment, but not the interest payments. A $20,000 CD with an interest of $31.48 paid at the end of the month, still has the balance of $20,000. Does anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Gary Gary, Money treats it as a cash because the "interest" transaction you cho...

Install new seat of 2003
As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new additional machine until I get a second seat. When it arrives, should I just install over that installation and activate, or first uninstall. (I think that makes sense?!) bjork57@hickorytech.net <bjork57@hickorytech.net> wrote: > As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new > additional machine until I get > a second seat. When it arrives, should I just install over that > installation and activate, or first uninstall. (I think that makes > sense?!) Depends on whether or no...

exchange 2000 server 2003 native forest functional level
I raised the forest functional level without thinking about what effect that might have on my exchange server 2000. When I ran The exchange best practices tool it told me I needed to update RUS. KB873059. How serious of an issue is this, are there other issues I may have, and how do I get the file referenced in this KB without paying for support? Hi, If you do have the problem described in the article you just call Microsoft PSS and ask for the hotfix - normally this won't be charged. Leif "Nathan0909" <Nathan0909@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F...

office 2003 - administrative installation point
hi there. is there a way to check the patch level of an administrative installation point of office 2003. I have to check which updates already have been applied to an foreign administrative installion point of office 2003, and couldn't find a way to do that. thank you very much in advance! werner Dear Werner, To answer your questions, I think we may check the followings: 1. Please access to the foreign administrative installation point on the server and check whether there is the self-extracting executable file for the update you would like to install in the inst...

String Manipulation in Mail Merge with Publisher 2007
Hello All, I've been asked to print the last four characters of a mail merge field in bold. The data source is an .xlsx, so no problem creating a column that would hold the Mid/Right value and simply concatenating the merge fields. However, I was wondering if I could do it directly in the Pub2007 Mail Merge syntax, as on would in Word2007. Thanks in advance for the help. PS: Hello Mary Sauer! You helped me a few years ago. Here I am again, at a new job and amazing them with Publisher. Glad to see you are still around. Alcide wrote: > I've been asked to print the last four c...

How do I correct "numeric field overflow" in Publisher?
When merging Excel data with Publisher, I keep getting an error message "numeric field overflow". How do I correct this? PUB2000: "Numeric Field Overflow" Error Message When You Try to Perform a Mail Merge http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827321/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sweepea" <sweepea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67487F57-6E19-40A6-B558-BE5B26801E9C@microsoft.com... > When merging Excel data with Publisher, I keep getting an error message &g...

How do I insert page dividers with tabs in Publisher?
Hi, Can any one tell me how do I insert a page divider with tab in Publisher? I've created a catolog and would like to insert dividers. Thanks, -CA You can insert a page divider, but the tab is something else. You can buy printable divider stock from Office supply stores, not sure about booklet size however. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "castaway" <castaway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA76F125-571A-4812-B6F9-E7092676BCD7@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can any one t...

Silent/Unattended installs
Does Great plains support this? If so, where would I find the docs on this? Specificly on the Client install piece. "Leroy Brown" wrote: > Does Great plains support this? If so, where would I find the docs on this? ...

CRM Outlook Client install on Terminal Services.
MS has released some info on Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Deployment with Terminal Server. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en Also some further instructions can be found on our blog http://blogs.emonarch.net/crm Sean Fullerton Principal - MS CRM Practice eMonarch Hi Sean, I followed the instructions in the readme file step by step but my script doesn't seam to run during login. Any ideas? Thanks, Danielle Sturgess "Sean Fullerton" <stfullerton-no.spam@hotmail.com.nospam&g...

How do I upgrade from Publisher 2002 to 2007 in Vista?
I cannot find the way to do this, or any information about costs. I have Vista 2007, and want to upgrade. Marjo <Marjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot find the way to do this, or any information about costs. I have >Vista 2007, and want to upgrade. You BUY the upgrade version of Publisher, and then install it. Ninety bucks, if I recall. But does Publisher 2002 need to be installed on the 64 bit computer? And is version 2007 a 64 bit program? -- Don Vancouver USA "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:cjpg13hu961e3...

setting up email thru outlook 2000
How do i set up outlook email account using msn.com what is incoming mail serves is it pop3/imap and what is my smtp server..how do i set it up, help please! ...

OEM Outlook 2000 & Exchange
Does the OEM version of Outlook 2000 support connecting to a Exchange Server 2003? Windows 2000 Professional SP4 -- Andre http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm Yes, just make sure you pick Corporate/Workgroup mode. "Andre Da Costa" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uG6m1lqHFHA.2704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does the OEM version of Outlook 2000 support connecting to a Exchange > Server 2003? > > Windows 2000 Professional SP4 > > -- > > Andre > http://spaces...

Left Border Not Publishing Correctly
Hello Everyone I think I have a simple problem. I installed shared borders on my site. Under the home page I have 4 child pages. Under one of the child pages entitled "stories", I have several other pages which is where you can read the stories. My top border which lists the 4 child pages under the home page work just fine. The left border on the stories page is not showing the pages listed under the stories page, its showing the pages under the home page. Thus my top border and left borders are the same on each page. When I preview the site in IE everything looks fine. Bu...

Outlook 2000: Custom Email Form
How can you store a custom email form into a public folder, so that users in the network can access it and then email that custom form to the recipient? ...

Excel 2007
Hello. I have a two week old laptop and am running Vista. The only user account is mine, and I am set as the adminitrator. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago. I added my HP J6480 printer, but started receiving messages (something about 'TrayApp'). I downloaded the Windows Installer CleanUp to try and fix the HP install, and since then I have received the Preparing to install message everytime I try to launch Excel (Word, too.). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times, made sure the registry was clean, but still have the problem. In add...

uploading my website from publisher
i've tried to follow your advice, david, and upload my website from publisher, but when signing in my FTP info have been rejected. Do you know why that could be? I'm trying to upload to geocities. Thanks, Shelley On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 16:39:05 +0100, shelley wrote (in article <51CEFFD3-CA70-42B2-9698-5B6E3625F915@microsoft.com>): > i've tried to follow your advice, david, and upload my website from > publisher, but when signing in my FTP info have been rejected. Do you know > why that could be? I'm trying to upload to geocities. > > Thanks, > >...

Publisher 97 clipart problems
I have Pub 97 running on several machines in my home. On some it works, on others it has flaws related to clip art. I have no problem with it on Win 98SE with lots of other loaded programs (including Office 2000). Pub 97 runs OK on one of my machines with XP (no office 2000 installed). But, on two machines, one with XP, the other with ME (both with office 2000), I have the same problem: When running the wizzards, it cannot find the required clipart. Also, if I search in Clip Gallery 5.0, the clipart from publisher does not appear. I have tried uninstall/ reinstall of publisher 97 several ...

Lost Sounds After Money04 Re-install in Win XP
Actually I had this problem a year ago and worked out how to fix it and even posted the method but I now can't remember exactly how to get the sounds working again. The problem is Admin account and user accounts in Win XP. Under Admin Money works fine but under user account there are no sounds. I tried installing Money as "administrator" from my user account since I thought this was how to get the sounds accessable again, but it did not work If anyone has the fix to this appreciate if you could answer this post thanks Scott I think you can just install money in your user a...

Microsoft Access 2000
Hi I have just started to use MS Access 2000 again after a break of 18 months or so. In the past when I was prompted "This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?", I would insert an MS Office 2000 professional disc. I now no longer have the disc although i have the producet ID number. With this number is there any way that I can download what I need from the MS Offcie website? I am a complete novice at this sort of this so please keep it simple!! Any help appreciated! -- Many thanks Lesley On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 04:11:01 -0800, Lesley <Les...

COM+ Re-install
Have two machines that stopped working the same way on the same day. VSS in both machines stopped working and NTBackups stopped as a result. VSS service will not start on either machine. Research indicated that COM+ probably had to be reinstalled. Upon trying to re-install COM+ following KB315296 I receive the following error while performing the Windows Components, Next procedure: Error in f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\events\lcedisp.cpp(131), hr = 80040206: Failed to CoCreate EventSystem object. I do have an F drive, but that folder is not present. My OS is at SP3, from an...

Access 2000 & Windows 7?????
Hi, I posted this about a month ago and never got a reply. I'm hoping someone can help me on thils....... I have an Access 2000 program that I package using Developer 2000 and Access Run-time. Does anyone know if this package will install and run under Windows 7? Thanks -- Phil It should. I've even installed Access 97 on Windows 7. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Phil" <phil@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD1D27A2-4C64-486F-A7E0-B242E5840D6E@microsoft.co...

Error message: "The Office System Pack cannot be installed.."
Error message: "The Office System Pack cannot be installed on this system because it requires Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later " occurs when installing an Access 2002 mde file with access 2002 runtime, using Microsoft 2002 Developer Package Installer into a Windows 7 system. I fixed this problem for installing into earlier versions of Windows by correcting references in the Ospfilelist.txt file. My program installs fine into earlier versions of Windows, but that fix does not work in Windows 7. littleguy Office 10 is not compatible with Windows 7. -- P...