Installing PostScript Printer

I just got Publisher and now I'm ready to make a PDF out of a document I
created.  Where can I download a free postscript printer (is there even one
that's free) so I can create a PDF?

Hi MusicMarth (MusicMarth@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I just got Publisher and now I'm ready to make a PDF out of a
|| document I created.  Where can I download a free postscript printer
|| (is there even one that's free) so I can create a PDF?

Assuming you just bought Publisher 2003, you can install the Generic PS
Printer that is included. See the following kb:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010464291033.aspx

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
10/22/2004 2:25:28 PM
Thank you.  That looks like it did it!

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Hi MusicMarth (MusicMarth@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I just got Publisher and now I'm ready to make a PDF out of a
> || document I created.  Where can I download a free postscript printer
> || (is there even one that's free) so I can create a PDF?
>
> Assuming you just bought Publisher 2003, you can install the Generic PS
> Printer that is included. See the following kb:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010464291033.aspx
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

Well, now I have to find a third-party program to convert the postscript
document to a PDF...

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Hi MusicMarth (MusicMarth@discussions.microsoft.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I just got Publisher and now I'm ready to make a PDF out of a
> || document I created.  Where can I download a free postscript printer
> || (is there even one that's free) so I can create a PDF?
>
> Assuming you just bought Publisher 2003, you can install the Generic PS
> Printer that is included. See the following kb:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010464291033.aspx
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> ~pay it forward~

> confers no rights.

Hi MusicMarth (MusicMarth@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Well, now I have to find a third-party program to convert the
|| postscript document to a PDF...

I assumed you had the program to distill.

Adobe Acrobat, which is $200 - $300
PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) $FREE$

You won't even need to use the Generic PS Driver when using Primo
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Vista Service pack 2 won't install
Hey, anyone have any ideas why SP 2 won't install. It went through the downloading process, restarted the system, and tried to continue the install, ran 2 hours with 0 progress. I restarted in safe mode with network support to try and elliminate the other programs that start up from interfering with the install. It did run untill it said 100%, then came up with a message that windows did not update and the system was reverting to the previous setup! Any ideas would be appreciated! Hello JJ, Copied ĐĆesponse from Robear Dyer Free unlimited installation and compat...

Laser printers that support check printing (MICR?) from Dynamics GP
I am looking for a list of laser printers that can support check printing by Dynamics GP. We are using dot-matrix on pre-printed form and got tired of them! Your help is greatly appreciated. Bill Are you using Mekorma MICR Check Printing? If so the documentation has list of laser printers. "Bill N" wrote: > I am looking for a list of laser printers that can support check printing by > Dynamics GP. > We are using dot-matrix on pre-printed form and got tired of them! > > Your help is greatly appreciated. > > Bill > > . >...

Money 2007 fails install on Vista RTM
Howdy! I would love some advice on this. On Friday I tried to reinstall Money 2007 on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails. Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the install, and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that this application has known issues. The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's but the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were upgrades. Any hope, any suggestions? I *need* to get this running as I am now daily dependant o...

outlook wants to install every time
OK, here is the deal: I installed office costumized, Run All From My Computer, and configured Outlook by pointing to the exchange server. Works fine. I restart the pc and logon with a different username and start Outlook. Now Outlook asks for the CD! Why? I previously said "Run all from my computer". As this pc will be used by many people who have no local administrator rights I do not want to spend time on giving them those rights and handing them the cd. Please tell me what I can do (during installation?) to prevent outlook from ever asking for the CD again, when a new user wants ...

Diagnosing horrible performance on Server 2003 Installation
I'm running a medium-sized website hosted on a virtual server running Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. In the past few months, performance *really* gone downhill. At first I blamed this on certain embedded ASP code (not all affected pages used it, but I suspected it could still be hurting them if it was inflating memory usage). But performance is still horrible after a fresh reboot when memory usage is low (it typically increases until levelling out at about 270-330MB). And turning ASP processing off on those pages doesn't help much either. Where should I start when trying...

Solved Problem
Solved Problem - dotnefx Net Framework 2.0 3.5 not installing in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of ...

install 64bits XP
Hi, When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ? thanks Hi, self created cd ? (slipstream or else) -> bootrecord not correctly setup jk If the machine is rebooting part way through the installation you should ignore the message. The only time you should boot from the CD is when you are starting the installation. The message is sent by the BIOS when it recognises the presence of a bootable disk. On 14/1...

CRM Install Guide
I am looking to setup a test server for CRM. Where can I download installation guides and best practices etc? Thanks. if you have the CD's then the implementation guide on the documentation cd has everything you need to complete an install. Just make sure you follow it exactly. no taking shortcuts :-) -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Sheehan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bc901c498a6$567e5710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking to setup a test server...

Installation Issues
I just got a new computer and I'm trying to use the second of my three installations of 2004 office:mac student and teacher edition. It keeps saying i've installed a test-drive version and it won't prompt me for any product keys nor can i find anyplace to enter them in. how do i register this product? i've already purchased the product so i don't understand why i can't use it. A test drive came pre-installed on your computer. Look in the Applications folder. This message is actually good, because you WANT to remove that test drive before installing Office, else yo...

Money 02 Installation
I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run this application properly? Many thanks. Service Pack 5 to what? I think you mean it says it needs IE5. IE6 will do. IE4 won't run on XP. "EL" <laolaptak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10de01c378c5$dac7e650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. > It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System > Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run &...

SP3 Install Error #2
I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when upgrading a company: ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON. I have tried it with and without the Native driver. How did our system get out of sync with the updates? GP is running on Srv2008 64bit and SQL2008, same machine in a test environment. Any help is much appreciated. Steve Steve, First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run...

install Office Assistant character file?
I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode? Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise. Thank you, William (Bill) Camp The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl billcamp wrote: > I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present...

Install order for SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2008R2, etc.
Hi, all, I'll post this in the SQL Server area as well. I'm creating a new VM with 2008R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010 beta/Gemini. Is there a specific order I should install these in? Many thanks.... 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint Thanks very much!!! "Kamlesh" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:O1fuLkblKHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint > > --- > frmsrcurl: > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general/Install-order-for-SharePoint-2010-SQL-Ser...

How to install a program on a Acer Aspire One
Hello I got the Acer Aspire One netbook computer. It does not have a CD reader. I would like to install the following program: Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 for students and teachers. I already have the program installed om my first computer. Microsoft in Sweden said that I was allowed to use the program on 3 computers so I want it in the Acer also. I have bought the program properly and I have the product key as well as the installation cd:s. I was hoping to find some homepage to download the program in exchange for my product key or something. 1. Doesn´t it ...

New SBS 2008 install problems
ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in a production environment for a customer. The setup is one SBS2008 box and 4 Windows 7 pro PCs. The http://connect wizard has two problems: Doesn't see a local account to migrate over If you continue anyway then it fails after the first reboot complaining about an incorrect password for the _sbs... setup account. Anyone seen this ? Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in > a production environment for a customer. > > T...

Advice on Install 4.0 please
Hello, I just finished installing a new Server 2008 AD DC for installing MS CRM 4.0. My question is please. Do I need Exchange to do this or can I use another mail server? Also what OU should this application run in? Thank you Joe I double posted this sorry. I made a mistake and posted in the wrong place. CRM does not require Exchange. 4.0's email router can be setup to use any SMTP/POP3 mail server. The OU does not matter either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFCA484-C63B-415F-80BD-EC828920CF15@...

Preparing to Install #2
Suddenly, whenever I am attempting to use Money 2002 and I start the program, an "install" window pops up and says, "Preparing to install Windows 2002...". I close the box and the program won't start. I reinstalled the whole program. The first time it worked. The second time, the same install window appeared. It will close the program while I'm in it also. In addition, when I attempt to start Internet Explorer, I get a window that pops up saying, "Preparing to Install Windows XP...", or one that says, "Prparing to install Windows Office...

Crystal Reports installation
After we installed succesfully the microsoft CRM server, we liked to continue installing the Crystal Reports so we could make and adapt our own reports! We continued with the given CD (Disc 4 of the crm-set) and noticed an error! We're asked for an update from version 9.2.0 -> 9.2.2 before we can continue! I wanted to inform if anyone had this error already? why can't we just install this CD on the server to adapt our reports? Thanks, Sture Hi Sture, You will need to send an email to BusinessObjects to obtain the update from 9.2.0 to 9.2.2. Look at their website for more inform...

two XP installs on one machine
Hi gang, Can I have a 98SE on C, and /TWO/ different XP installations on two other separate partitions? I have 98SE on C now and XP on E but would like to add a second - different - XP install on another partition. It seems adding one more line to boot.ini should do the job. Any comments? -- Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like to be the universe. - origin unknown "thanatoid" <waiting@the.exit.invalid> wrote in message news:Xns9DA7AC00A9D2Bthan...

Installer Error
Hi, when I tried to Installer Windows Intaller CleanUp Utitiy there is massage display (the Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This Can occur if you are running windows in Safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your Support personnel for assistance. and please note that i Loge Administrator in My PC bit still I don't How I solve this Problem?? and what is the mean (you are running Windows in safe mode)?? thank very much for Help. regrad, Salem "Salem" wrote: > Hi, > > when I tried to...

OWA does not work after installing SP2 on Exchange 2003
I have installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 and now when I go to check my email at home I cannot get onto my server. It keeps telling me to enter my domain\username. Was there soemthing I should have done after installing SP2? All I did was restart my machine. I am running Exchange on Windows 2003 server. Outlook Web Acces was working previous to installing SP2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Manny Is this happening internally too? Anything in the Event Viewer on the Exchange Server? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Manny Barrer...

Client install package
Is there any chance of a service pack having the ability to create a new package at the relevant SP level. As currentl;y you have to install a client with the package and then service pack the install. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...

Problem installing SP2 for Exchange 2003 on front end server
We have Exchange 2003 sp1 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 sp1 Enterprise. I'm trying install SP2 on the systems. We have a front end server for OWA, and two back end servers with the mailboxes. I know you need to upgrade the front end servers first, but when I try to do the SP2 install on the OWA server, I get the "Setup is loading installation." box, followed a few seconds later by "A fatal setup error has occurred. Look at c:\documents and settings.eventlog.txt for more information. Cancelling setup" The eventlog.txt has a number of normal looking statu...

Offline Office 2010 installer
I hate click-to-run. This is NOT an ideal solution if you want to install Office 2010 in an offline environment. Does anybody know if there is a standalone installer that I can download of Office 2010 public beta? thanks "cumbiagermen" <cumbiagermen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D6C9470-AE6B-4CCA-867B-98CB8F83E7AF@microsoft.com... > I hate click-to-run. This is NOT an ideal solution if you want to install > Office 2010 in an offline environment. Does anybody know if there is a > standalone installer that I can download of Office 20...

Error on Exchange 2003 SP2 install
Hi all, I have a problem with the Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 installation that is a bit interesting. During the Exchange 2003 SP2 install, the installation fails with a message "Setup failed while installing sub-component SMTP service with error code 0xC1037978A...". However, the SP continues to run and Exchange reports it is running SP2 after completion. What could be going on? The errorlog messages are below: (any help would be greatly appreciated). [01/23/06,20:03:35] setup.exe: [2] ModuleID not found in map in GetSetupComponentByModuleID() -- [{DA943894-7A14...