Installing MS Publisher from Office XP Professional

How can I install MS Publisher.
I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to find it
anywhere on the setup CD.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pete.
0
StepNjump (2)

StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> How can I install MS Publisher.
> I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to
> find it anywhere on the setup CD.

Whoever told you that told you wrong.  Only a very select few copies of
Office XP Pro came with Publisher, and it probably wasn't yours.

Office Professional 2003 *does *come with Publisher 2003.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/20/2005 10:02:50 PM
Thank you very much Ed.

Do you know if Publisher is available off the shelf as an add-on for XP Pro?
great forum here by the way.

Pete.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
> to utter:
> > How can I install MS Publisher.
> > I was told it comes with this suite but cannot seem to be able to
> > find it anywhere on the setup CD.
>
> Whoever told you that told you wrong.  Only a very select few copies of
> Office XP Pro came with Publisher, and it probably wasn't yours.
>
> Office Professional 2003 *does *come with Publisher 2003.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
StepNjump (2)
5/20/2005 10:17:01 PM
StepNjump <StepNjump@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> Do you know if Publisher is available off the shelf as an add-on for
> XP Pro? great forum here by the way.

It was, but has been discontinued - so it is no longer widely available.

It is available new and used on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006CFAX/102-5888631-6648160?v=glance

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

Publisher 2003, inserting information into labels
I have created a label template in Publisher 2003. There are six labels per page. The only item that will change on each label will be the serial number. I have tried to use the catelog merge to get the respective serial numbers on each of the labels. Unfortunately, that has not worked. Instead of getting six different serial numbers on six different labels per page, I get one serial number on six different labels on one page. Is there a way to get different six different serial numbers on six different labels on one page? You may have to run this through twice or setup your names ...

Post Exchange SP2 install outgoing messages not being delivered
I have just finished installing SP1 for Windows 2003 Server and SP2 for Exchange 2003, since the install mail being sent to specific servers i.e aol.com, yahoo.com, and a few others is not flowing, it is being queued and not being delivered as before. I need to find a fix for this issue fast, Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. OS: Windows 2003 Server Standard w/ SP1 and all updates Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 Thanks in advance. That usually indicates that the server cannot resolve the target domains in DNS. I have seen similar problems caused by the virus scann...

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

cant see pictures in publisher 2003
Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them , clicking on the area of picture the outline grabs are there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC MANAGER shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong >-----Original Message----- >Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them , clicking on the area of >picture the outline grabs are there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC >MANAGER shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong >. > If you can click on the image and see outline grabs. Do so and then choose Order from the Arrange ...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Errors after I installed SP4
I installed SP4 to Windows 2000 server. I am running exchange server 5.5. The users cannot access their mailbox. I made all the users administrators to enable access to their mailbox. I cannot create a new mailbox. I get an error when I create a new mailbox. Error: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 5011 Date: 8/31/2004 Time: 2:49:43 PM User: N/A Computer: RCI2 Description: Error You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. occurred during address generation. Please help me. 1. Verify that the Exchange Service Ac...

MS Query help required
Hi I have a spreadsheet on my notebook which I use for DBA services at a particular client. It connects to database server via an existing ODBC database connection extracting data from system tables. I would like to be able use this spreadsheet at other clients, WITHOUT having to create a new ODBC connection. Is there any way that this can be accomplished? The ideal scenario would be that the logon credentials and server address reside on one sheet and upon arrival at another client, one merely changes this information and then queries the database. Any help would be appreciated. Regards -...

Best Practice for Vistualizing SBS 2003 R2 with ISA installed
Hi all, I am flirting with the idea to put to test the following virtualization: Server 2008 R2 + Hyper-V as host and ( HW = Xeon Quad; 8 GBs RAM; RAID 5; 2 NICs) SBS 2003 R3 as guest VM I need some ideas, gotchas and tips on how to make it workable Thanks, Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA7A48.A8A72240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First and most importantly, its not supported by Microsoft to virtualize = SBS 2003 (any flavor) USB will not w...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

outlook 2000 looks dif in XP
In Outlook 2000, the appearance and menus, etc. look dif on my new computer which runs windowsXP. Should I be concerned? Also, we can't seem to get Outlook to work with my pop email. The error message indicates that it refuses to accept the user ID and password. I'm not sure that is the actual problem. My internet provider and I went through everything with a fine tooth comb and can't find any reason for this problem. Any Ideas? Outlook 2000 looks different in color because Windows XP has a different default color scheme than previous versions of Windows. Are ...

Publisher 97 unable to do Mail Merge
I can not get Publisher 97 to do Mail Merge with Excel 97. Here's what happens: Mail Merge / Open Data Source / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Create Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Edit Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. but, for some reason, Word 97 will do Mail Merge with Excel 97, no problem .. . . Publisher 97 System Requirements, and what I'm running: 386DX, 486DX: Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz MS Windows 95: XP 6 MB RAM, 8 MB: 2 GB C:\WINDOWS\system32\ . . . I have JET Engine DLL 5.1.2600.0 I am thinking that this this could be ...

Publisher 2003 special size documents not printing properly in 200
We just upgraded to Publisher 2007. Our documents appear the same on the screen when opened but when in print preview they default to different size paper. We are using special size documents (4.26 X 5.75) when we notice this happening. They all default to 8 1/2 X 11. Is there anything we need to do to convert to 2007? Thank You for any help. A bit of a guess here: Open the file, select File, Print setup and input the paper size of choice. Be sure to do a Save to retain the settings. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Ginger" <Ginger@discussions.microsoft.com...

Re: Outlook client installation error (file or assembly name not found) (solved)
"Steve Yates" <steve@teamITS.com> wrote in message news:... > We have one PC that gets the following error and can't get past the system > requirements phase of the desktop client installation: > > "Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook Setup User Input > File or assembly name 9o3db28v.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not > found." > > (the file name is random and changes on every installation attempt). Any > suggestions? The user has tried repairing and reinstalling Office, > installing and uninstalling .NET 2.0, verifying/empytin...

Logo tested NDIS driver installation problem
Hi All, I have got the logo from Microsoft for my NDIS Intermediate filter driver for all windows OS Family. I have one doubt about driver usage. Is there any problem to use driver package which is certified for Windows 7 Family on the Windows Vista Family. Regards, SAM You said you received a .CAT signature from WHQL for 'all os versions'. Well, did you or did you not? If you did not receive a .CAT file with the OS Attribute for Vista or an OS Attribute that Vista accepts then it does not matter if you have a .CAT signed with a Win7 attribute. So does...

Server installation strategy, RAID and tuning etc
Hello What implementation would be the best for Microsoft CRM and the database server? This weekend I�m setting up my implementation on my office. I have been playing around with the testinstallation, and I think, I will install it like this: CRM server Two P4 xeon 2800mhz 2gb of RAM Two disks in mirror RAID Four disks in RAID 5 I will install windows 2003 server on the mirror. I will install CRM runtime files d:\program files\CRM on the RAID5 volume I will install the CRM website on the RAID5 volume as well Database server SQL Two P4 xeon 2800mhz 2gb of RAM Two disks in mirror RAID Fou...

New computer and office 2007
I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on Microsoft and didn't get any hits on it. Thanks, Lee "Neophyte" <wleecoleman@.nospam.ev1.net> wrote in message news:%237S3ME1KJHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I ordered a new computer at work and already have office 2007. I want to >activate it on the new one and deactivate it on the old one. Has anyone >done this or what will I have to do? I did a search on...

Office 2003 "Sent To As Attachment" issue
Hello all ;) One user is experiencing an issue when trying to send for instance an excel sheet using the menu option - "send to as attachment". When this options is selected a new mail windows opens -so far so good. But the user is not able to switch to another Outlook/Office application until this new windows is opened. If the user discards that email or clicks on SAVE and closes it (heh, the message will not be saved in drafts folder as many of us would expect, but in the INBOX!!! folder, huh), then the user is after that able to switch to another application. The i...

Money 2007 Installation Error
My PC runs Windows XP and Money 2007 gives me an error during installation: "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again". Of course, running install again gets the same error. What should I do? Otis, check this thread: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?query=Setup+was+unable+to+install+some+of+the+components+&dg=microsoft.public.money&cat=en_us_3cae8298-078c-4734-b707-9e08dca21769&lang=en&cr=us&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us It wor...

Installing Safepay
I am having difficulty installing Safepay. We installed GP10 feature pack with SP2 and have since installed SP3 on the servers and all of the clients. Now I need to add SafePay so I tried it on a test server first and I keep getting the message to launch utilities and when I do it tells me there is a previous version of GP installed and I need to upgrade. So I downloaded the GP 10 feature pack with SP3 which took many hours, restored everything back to the way it was and tried to install safe pay again and get the same results. Any Ideas? You may have tried to install Safepay at...

KB970158 installed without permission
I have Vista Ultimate and I have updates set to "Check for updates but let me choose". I did not authorize this and there is no record of this update on the MS website. What is it and how do I remove the changes before it completes with a reboot? KB This should answer most questions 'Has anyone seen this microsoft update? - Yahoo! Answers' (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090915202310AAFWPsZ) -- richc46 RICHARD *If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by clicking the middle icon, on the upper right por...

New version of Office for Mac.
Dear all: Do any of you know when the new version of Microsoft Office for the Macintosh is scheduled to be released ? An approximate date would be sufficient. Thank you in advance, Joseph Chamberlain Hello Joseph, Microsoft has given no clear indication other than "late 2007", so we are all just speculating here. Those who know when Office 2008 is coming out are not allowed to tell us. Those who tell us, don't know. Personally, I would guess at early 2008 -- but you never know how much effort Microsoft will put in to catch the pre-Christmas market. Cheers, Clive Hugg...

5 Updates fail with Error Code: 0x80070005
I am running Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 and was keeping up to date with updates until about a month ago when Windows Update offered about 10 different Security Updates on one day. Now, after running Windows Update I keep getting the message that the following 5 updates have failed to install, even though other updates do install in the same run. Security Update for Windows XP (KB975713) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978037) Security Update for Windows XP (KB975560) Security Update for Windows XP (KB977914) Security Update for Windows XP (KB978706) All these updates...