Inserting separate A5 page in Catologue

Hello all,

I'm busy with a catologue for our in-house training. It will be A4
folded (A5 size).  I also want to put an application in the centre of
the booklet, which will only be a one-sided A5 page.  I know I can
print this seperately, but I am just wondering if it is possible to
insert a 'loose' A5 page in the centre of my document instead.  That
will make it much easier instead of having to update the two different
files.

(hope that makes sense)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aitch
0
hsenekal (4)

If you convert your catalog merge to a publication in step 5 of the wizard then
maybe... Publisher works in terms of 4 pages. If this "loose page" is also four pages
then you will have no problems; if not then you will be better served using two
different files.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Aitch" <hsenekal@uniwell.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I'm busy with a catologue for our in-house training. It will be A4
> folded (A5 size).  I also want to put an application in the centre of
> the booklet, which will only be a one-sided A5 page.  I know I can
> print this seperately, but I am just wondering if it is possible to
> insert a 'loose' A5 page in the centre of my document instead.  That
> will make it much easier instead of having to update the two different
> files.
>
> (hope that makes sense)
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Aitch

0
gsauer (5093)
4/4/2005 10:32:25 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> If you convert your catalog merge to a publication in step 5 of the
wizard then
> maybe... Publisher works in terms of 4 pages. If this "loose page" is
also four pages
> then you will have no problems; if not then you will be better served
using two
> different files.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Aitch" <hsenekal@uniwell.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm busy with a catologue for our in-house training. It will be A4
> > folded (A5 size).  I also want to put an application in the centre
of
> > the booklet, which will only be a one-sided A5 page.  I know I can
> > print this seperately, but I am just wondering if it is possible to
> > insert a 'loose' A5 page in the centre of my document instead.
That
> > will make it much easier instead of having to update the two
different
> > files.
> >
> > (hope that makes sense)
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Aitch

0
hsenekal (4)
4/4/2005 10:50:56 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. no idea what happened to my previous post,
it only posted the quotes. :S

I was afraid of that, having to use 2 separate files. The idea was to
have it all in one file to make printing easier (and for other people
who might have to print it, not have to look round for the page).  It's
only a single sided A5 page.

Hey ho, I guess we can all but dream :)

Thanks again

0
hsenekal (4)

M2004: Change name on home page?
I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home Page". How can I change the name that appears there? -Rod > I'm using Money 2004. On the home page it says "So-and-so's Money Home > Page". How can I change the name that appears there? Figures... I always seem to find a solution right after posting a question! Click Accounts & Bills, Account Setup, Update Personal Information. -Rod ...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

Insert Blank Line and Sort
------------liX6Lxsnq7Ovs6LAASpU5y Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Within a worksheet I have an example of data below consisting of four columns. I need to put a blank line in between the Racecourse (where they change) and after do a sort on Rating (high to low). Is it possible? I could do it with a macro, but am unable to fathom out how to deal with a differing number of horses at each racecourse. Time Racecourse Horse Rating 04:30:00 SANDOWN Dare To Dance 0.261 04:30:00 SANDOWN Garud 0.153 04:30:00 SANDOWN Wes...

Why doesn't the page preview have the same order as work page?
Why doesn't the preveiw page look like the one I built on the work pages. I have "saved as" and "saved. The nagagation bars in preview goes to different pages than titled. HELP!!!!!! ...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

unwanted blank pages in document
Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. Do I have any way of accessing them? Is it set up as a booklet? -- Don Vancouver, USA "PhysWhiz" <PhysWhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58DB94F-8C81-48C8-B7B9-E55EC0BEF593@microsoft.com... > Currently using Publisher 2002 --I have a 30 page document that has 2 blank > pages that don't show up until printing. I can't see them to eliminate them. > Do I have any way of accessin...

Thumbnails vs. preview for "Insert Picture."
I am using publisher 2000. I work with thousands of photos. I would like the "thumbnail" option when I choose to "insert picture," but this option is not available. This option seems to be available to me in other programs, but is absent in Microsoft Publisher 2000. Have I overlooked some setup option or does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to upgrade? My only current options are: Preview; Details, icons, list. Fran In Publisher 2000 when you select insert picture from file it does show a single preview. You can drag and drop or copy/paste from your photo folde...

Printing only a disclaimer on the even pages of a report
I have a report that must have a disclaimer on the back of each page (no data just verbage). Can someone tell me how to set this up please. TIA for the help. Steve ...

How do I find the inside page in the 3-panel brochure.
I am trying to make a 3-panel brochure and all that seems to be available is the side shown in the brochure options. When I print, it prints both sides yet I can see no way to access the inside part. Thanks. View, status bar... this will allow you to change page views, you will see the page tabs at the bottom of the screen. I am not sure I know what you are asking. Are you saying you are printing the brochure sight unseen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "springmtn" <springmtn@discussions.microsoft.co...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Outlook 2003 bug -can't insert note as text
When creating a mail message, choose Item from the Insert menu, then try to insert a note as text. All that is inserted into the mail is the date and time the note was last modified. Outlook XP and Outlook 2000 don't have this bug - they correctly insert the text of the note into the body of the mail. Nick ...

Insert list of figures does not work for Pictures
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can generate a list of all of my inserted objects by caption: Figure, Example, Table, Song, Chart. But when I try to generate a list of the pictures I have inserted (caption reads Picture ...), I get the following message: Error! No table of figures entries found. It's as if the macro that reads the caption list doesn't have Picture in its internal dictionary. I do have the Picture captions in a text box that is formatted as "tight" to allow text-wraparound; could that be causing the problem? If so h...

Inserting zero
In excel suppose I have 6Y,2M,3D &6Y,10M,10D &10Y,2M,9D in three different cell.If I will perform sort on these data in ascending /descending order it doesn't come properly ,but if I will insert one zero to the left of each single digit figure it is coming properly i.e. 6Y,2M,3D becomes 06Y,02M,03D and 6Y,10M,10D becomes 06Y,10M,10D . Hence I want to know how can I insert zero to each single digit figure by using functions or any other way so that my large data can be sorted automatically.Because If I will inser zero to each figure including double digit/three digit then a...

Header
I have a spreadsheet that prints out on 3 pages of A4. However, the header prints at the top of each page. How do I get it to print at the top of the first page, only, please? Gareth -- For essential news about Huddersfield Town Football Club join the Terriers Mailing List at www.Terriers.me.uk . Two separate print jobs are required. You can use a macro to speed it up but it is still two print jobs. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:46:28 +0100, "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote: >I ...

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

how do I insert electric symbol (resistance,condenser,coil,...)
You'd need to find a font that has those characters. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "hany a. fawzy" <hany a. fawzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FEC9C30-1C59-4EE5-AB60-40A61C62E708@microsoft.com... > check out: http://www.symbols.net/electrical.html/ -- Gary''s Student "Chip Pearson" wrote: > You'd need to find a font that has those characters. > > > -- > Cordially, > Chip Pearson > Microsoft MVP - Excel > Pearson Soft...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

Find a multiple photos on a page template for Publisher?
Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple photos without recreating the page each time I print. Why not save your page you have created as a template? File, "save as", files of type, scroll down to Publisher template. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "srfaith" <srfaith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:157E95AB-1159-4889-B196-61E147E6E240@microsoft.com... > Possible to find a template for Publisher to print a page full of multiple > photos without recreating the page each time I print. ...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Deploying Report Manager with SSL leaves Help pages as http
Hi, I have an SQL 2005 Reporting Services box that is firewalled and only accessible via https. Reporting Services are therefore configured to require SSL connections (required for 3- All SOAP APIs). This is working perfectly. Unfortunately, the help pages are still advertised with an http link. This doesn't work due to the firewalls and produces an error message. There is a workaround - the users can manually edit the url in the address bar and then the help pages are accessed fine with https. In other words, IIS is correctly serving the https format, but the Reporting Se...

Inserting space in between formulas
I put in a formula to combine a string of words with numbers and would like a space or dash to go in between. How do I do this? =A1 & " " & B1 or =A1 & " - " & B1 Where, A1 = First part of text (or numbers) B1 = Second part of text (or numbers) Substitute A1 / B1 with the relevant cells in your spreadsheet "Mary" wrote: > I put in a formula to combine a string of words with numbers and would like a > space or dash to go in between. How do I do this? Thanks, that worked great! Now I want to delete the column that references that...

Six Page Newsletter
I want to have a 6 page newsletter using one B size paper for pages 1,2, and 5 and 6. And one A size paper for pages 3 and 4. Is there a way to do this with one file. When tried this before I ended up having 2 files. One for the B size paper and one for the A size. Thank you There may be other ways but here's what comes to mind; Build the two pub files, convert them to pdf and then join the two pdf files into one file. Send out the newsletter as a pdf attachment. -- Don Vancouver USA "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:enU$gq0UGHA.528...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

CFile insert
What is the best method for inserting a small buffer (about 1024 bytes) at the beginning of a very large file (about 5 MB) using CFile's? My aim is to do it without using a temp file. Don't reply with "Find or use a better file format, use XML dude" etc. Should I read the entire file into a SINGLE chunk of memory? eg, BYTE* byBuffer = new BYTE[uSizeOfFile]; File.Read(byBuffer, uSizeOfFile); That could be one big arse chunk of memory!!! What I got to do is what I got to do. Thanks all. How much mem have you got? Id say a peak of 5MB isnt all that much these days. I'd...

Separate Raster and Vector Resolutions in Print Driver
Hello, I am developing a monolithic print driver from the ground up. I have succeeded in establishing communications between my driver and the GDI (i.e., my DrvXXX functions are being called). When my DrvEnableSurface function is called, I am creating a surface bitmap with a call to EngCreateBitmap. The call to EngCreateBitmap only asks me for the height and width in pixels, but it does not ask me for the resolution (i.e., 250 dpi, 500 dpi, 1000 dpi, etc.). I am assuming that when you call EngAssosiateSurface that the bitmap which was created is tied to the resolution of t...