Inserting picture from file in Publisher 2000

I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and
reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other
than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a
message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading
a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run
setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy.
Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it
simple for me?
--
Ruth

The graphic converters are in a folder similar to this:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Grphflt

You can rename the filters to something like JPEGIM32.FLT to JPEGIM32.OLD and
drag a new instance from you setup disk into the Grphflt folder.

I'd try the CleanUp utility. Just be certain you have your setup disks and
product number.
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Ruth" <pretendname@discussion.com> wrote in message
>I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and
> reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other
> than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a
> message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading
> a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run
> setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy.
> Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it
> simple for me?
> --
> Ruth

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/20/2007 9:23:38 AM
Thank you so much, I will try this answer
--
Ruth

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The graphic converters are in a folder similar to this:
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Grphflt
>
> You can rename the filters to something like JPEGIM32.FLT to JPEGIM32.OLD and
> drag a new instance from you setup disk into the Grphflt folder.
>
> I'd try the CleanUp utility. Just be certain you have your setup disks and
> product number.
> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Ruth" <pretendname@discussion.com> wrote in message
> >I installed a trial Pub 2007 and when it ran its course I uninstalled it and
> > reinstalled Publisher 2000. Since doing this I cannot insert a picture other
> > than clipart, ie. I can't insert a picture from my files or internet. I get a
> > message saying Pub doesn't recognise the format or there was an error loading
> > a graphic converter. Some of the graphics converters may be missing. Run
> > setup again. Well I've tried the 'repair' from setup again but still no joy.
> > Can anybody help? I'm not too good with these problems so can you keep it
> > simple for me?
> > --
> > Ruth

Publisher Wizard "Cannot complete operation"
I have Publisher 2000 and Windows XP. Both are fully updated. For some reason no matter which template I choose I get an error "Publisher cannot complete operation" I have tried Fix and repair I have tried renaming PubWiz folder and repairing I have tried reinstalling I do have admin rights on my account and fault happens on any profile Any suggestion before I get an alternative package? Have you changed printers? Is the driver current? Is your video driver current? Be certain you have Windows XP selected as the compatibility option. OFF2000: Office Programs Stop Responding A...

Outlook 2000 #175
I need to change the way Outlook shows "checking for new messages." At one time, I could click on details in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to see a progress bar. I presently don't have that option. Do you know how to change back to the previous details? Next, I always receive an error message when I send a new message or reply to a message. After clicking on the "ok button", the message is sent. I know I shouldn't have to pick this choice because I went into the settings to choose "not to check spelling." Any suggestions?? Doug ...

Toolbar Specific to a Workbook file
Hi, I have customized toolbar built applicable only to a specific workbook file. I attached that toolbar to the workbook, by clicking Attach (simple enough I thought) but how come when I open completely unrelated workbook, I still see that custom toolbar?? Is there any other way around this, to have specific toolbar open only on a specific workbook file? Or is Attach the only way to do this? What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts Ideas on this? You are best off creating the toolbar on workbook open then deleting on close or de-activate. See Debra Dalgleish's site for creating a t...

Tutorial On Using Windows Vista Compressed Files Capabilities
Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files Capabilities? I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files. I am not interested in third party software. Thank you Eddy. Very simple - Right click the file ( or Files ) and from the context menu place your pointer over "Send To". From the secondary menu choose "Compressed (Zipped) File". "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E75733F-4757-4253-9277-BC15273789C7@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a link or tutorial on usi...

computer updated lost all old emails and files on outlook
recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs including a newer version of outlook .. seem to have lost all my files containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!! thanks Ashley "Ashley marshall" <Ashley marshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5B4FAA-C552-44F7-B1F9-B89376F80D9A@microsoft.com... > recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs > including a newer version of outlook...

file assoiation.
lately when I try to open a file in windows mail movie, picture, PowerPoint or any attachment. I get a message there is no association for this and to make one. I have went to control panel to set an association but they are already associated with the programs. Wonder what has happened. Any suggestions? Hal Pryor ...

Integration with Publisher
The MS web site refers to great integration between CRM and Office + Publisher. Would certainly be nice if you could easily mail-merge to publisher but I've never seen a way to do that? Anyone know how to do this? Roger ...

How do I find all of the graphics in Publisher 2003?
I have the CD in the drive, but when I try to insert a graphic into my document, most of the time if comes up "not found". A major category such as "children" only brought up one image. I did not have this problem with 2002 version. Publisher 2003 shipped with a tiny amount of clipart. If you have your media disk from XP install it, it has its own setup. Otherwise you must be online to access the Office clipart. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "melanie@DSA" <melanie@DSA@discus...

"Open With" issue when right-clicking a file
When I right-click on a GIF image (or mp4 file--that's another example) and select "Open With," QuickTime Player appears twice! Listed as choices are Internet Explorer, QuickTime Player, Paint, MS Digital Image Suite, QuickTime Player (again!), Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album 5. What could be wrong, and how can I fix it? Thanks and Happy New Year. If QuickTime is the default in both cases, simply open QT and deselect these file types, as applicable. You'll find this option in the Preferences section. "saganized" &l...

How update design gallery calendar in Publisher 2007 like 2002?
in Publisher 2002 could insert a calendar page indo a document as Design Gallery object, then when click on it open wizard with option to change date range. IN Pub 2007 can insert the calendar image but click it has no effect. NO way to update - must just start over and get new image. Am I missing something? I haven't used the Design Gallery in 2007, but I did when I read your post. The Wizard Wand is missing, not only on the calendar, but on all the Design Gallery elements. This is a major bug and I will report it. Sorry, I can't give you a workaround. You could use the regula...

Using Outlook 2000...need help moving mail
We have a Micosoft Mail postoffice that we use to handle internal mail. Now we have someone at the company who has a Palm Treo 700w smartphone. He needs to get his internal and external mail. Our external mail is a POP3 server, hosted by someone else, and this person can get email sent to his internet email address. We need a way to automatically forward the mail from the MsMail postoffice to the internet email address so we don't have to have everyone at the company forced to use his external address manually. ...

Using Microsoft Publisher
When I print my label that I did on Microsoft Publisher the green color prints out black. All my print levels are good. What could cause this? Have you gone through the cleaning process that most printers offer. You may have a clogged cartridge. Refer to your printer manual. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "DeeAnn" <DeeAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A265A7E4-01EC-4401-8134-43A0384DECAD@microsoft.com... > When I print my label that I did on Microsoft Publisher the green color > prints out black. All my print levels are good. What coul...

Problems converting from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003
I have hundreds of Publisher 97 files that need converted to Publisher 2003 files. However, in the conversion process many of the files converted badly: tables are now much bigger and don't fit on the existing pages as before. Anyone have any ideas on how this can be fixed? Wendy there is nothing you can do about this. The only way it can be fixed is the armstrong method - manually. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" >-----Original Message----- >Wendy there is nothing you can do about this. > >The only way it ...

Event 2116 Windows 2000 DCs and Exchange 2007
Hi, We have a single domain with a Windows 2003 SP1 running as DC with all FSMOs and Global Catalog. However, there are some Windows 2000 DCs, and the Exchange 2007 Beta 2 box is logging the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeADAccess Event Category: (3) Event ID: 2116 Date: 12/11/2006 Time: 5:39:43 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE2007 Description: Process IISIPMD5274F6F-E3FC-4A10-A855-21244E592820 -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=2708). The Domain Controller w2kdc.mydom.local is running Windows 5.0 (2195) (Unknown Service Pack). Exchange Active Directory Pr...

pst file question Outlook 2002
Hi, If I export the personal folder pst file, Outlook 2002, to a folder on my slave drive, and then uninstall OL2002, and then reboot, and then re-install OL2002, and then use the import routine for the exported pst file, will all my stuff be back? The reason for this is my system hangs when I close it, and once I got an error fm OL2002 about it so I'm thining it may be causing the problem, but I don't want to uninstall/reinstall if I run the risk of loosing all my personal folders, and the info in my appointment calender, etc. TIA A You wouldn't lose your mail, contacts, ca...

Image and File Conversion Problem
When I convert my poster file to a PDF for pre-press the file created does not include the hi-res photo image I included in the design. It includes all other graphic elements, text boxes, etc. Not sure what to do. Anybody who has had this issue or has a reccomendation would be greatly appreciated. ...

Saved file to disk and uploaded on another pc so how do i take of.
i saved a file to a disk, but it will only open in the "read only" format. How do I get it to open the file without it being read only? Copy it to your hard drive, right-click the file, properties, clear read only. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Geez" <Geez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:755E6A08-1232-4D05-87CA-19849E03B84D@microsoft.com... >i saved a file to a disk, but it will only open in the "read only" format. > How do I get it to open the file witho...

using data from ascii file?
I know how to get my formulas to pull data from another workbook... but what if I want it to pull from an ascii, comma-delimited file? Then I am not sure if it can recognize columns/rows? Suggestions? Thanks- -- Nicki Taylor Bring the .csv file into excel and save it as a .xls file. Then use that in your formula. NTaylor wrote: > > I know how to get my formulas to pull data from another workbook... but what > if I want it to pull from an ascii, comma-delimited file? Then I am not sure > if it can recognize columns/rows? Suggestions? Thanks- > -- > Nicki Taylor ...

accessing files in subfolders
Do I need to use AfxGetAppName() when files in different, or even the same, project subfolders are accessing each other? E.g., in myDirectory\ogg\ogg.h, #include <ogg/os_types.h> does not work; but #include <myDirectory/ogg/ogg/os_types.h> seems to work fine If you are doing complex includes like this, you need to rethink what you are doing. Complex directory structures like this break horribly when the project moves around. You should not be using <> for user-defined includes; use "". Mostly these problems stem from the horrible design of how #includ...

Excel 2002
When I open a one of my files it opens two files of the same name but with a different number on the end. E.G. the file name is "Past Players:1" and the other file name is Past Player:2, the original name is Past Players without the number. At the moment I have downloaded the trial of 2007 where the problem has been fixed, but at the end of the trial I don't want to pay for 2007 as I am a pensioner and can't afford the upgrade. You have somehow enable a New Window view. In XL 2003 this if done with Window | New Window In XL2007 it is done with New Window on the View t...

What extensions can I (save as) in Microsoft Publisher?
I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save as so I can open it??? ..doc .htm??? Thanks Dave djam wrote: >I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save > as so I can open it??? > .doc .htm??? > Thanks > Dave ======================== Maybe your friend would be willing to create a .pdf file for you: Ask the friend to try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and s...

Publisher and Hotmail Account??? An unknown error has occurred.
I am in a trouble. I was OK to use the publisher to send an article through Hotmail server. But I started to receive this error message below and cannot send it... Anybody any ideas... An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12019, Error Number: 0x80004005 See if this archive Google groups article helps. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/msg/e4b62ea2335f7ad0?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&...

Outlook 07 SP1 hang & data file problems
Hi all I am running Outlook 2007 SP1 on Vista Business SP2 and have 2 issues 1. every now & then I get a message on outlook startup telling me a"data file did not close properly..." 2. outlook "hangs" when I attempt to write a new mail or reply These issues happen sporadically and I haven't been able to work out if it's because of something I'm doing (wrong). It happens both after hibernation and after a clean start. Any ideas? It may mean one of your add ins is missbehaving, or an AV intergrated with outlook Try running scanpst.exe, the repair to...

Outlook 2000 SR-1
I have just upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook 200 which came with my Thero PDA. I get my own email server account and hhotmail.com is also setup but I can not access it. I have verified the hotmail account by using the old outlook express and my a manual login Any idea's? dave@landles.ca You can't access Hotmail natively from Outlook 2000 or prior versions. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/online.htm#hotmail dave landles wrote: > I have just upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook 200 > which came with my Thero PDA. > I get my own email server accoun...

Icons built in to startup of Excel 2000
I have a program called Crystal Reports. It somehow throws a seagate icon onto my excel 2000 worksheet on a separate toolbar. I want this icon to go onto another toolbar or a pull down menu. How do I do this? I have contacted Wind2 support (they have tech support for Crystal Reports/Seagate. They say I have to contact Microsoft. I can drag the icon to another tool bar, but when I restart Excel, it goes back where it was. Try Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog box) Now hit ctrl and drag the icon to your location of choice. But it might not help with the other toolbar. Depe...