Inserting PDFs into Publisher File

I can't insert PDF's into my publisher newsletter by
trying the insert command. I have to copy it and then
past and it loses some quality.

Anyone know how to get around this insertion problem?

Thanks Greg

0
gporell (1)

Save the .pdf as another format and then insert it.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gporell@southshoresenior.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:11af01c50a30$d6c8d0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I can't insert PDF's into my publisher newsletter by
> trying the insert command. I have to copy it and then
> past and it loses some quality.
>
> Anyone know how to get around this insertion problem?
>
> Thanks Greg

0
jl_amerson (3088)
2/3/2005 8:55:50 PM
You cannot insert PDF files into Publisher as there is no support for PDF
files.

"gporell@southshoresenior.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:11af01c50a30$d6c8d0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I can't insert PDF's into my publisher newsletter by
> trying the insert command. I have to copy it and then
> past and it loses some quality.
>
> Anyone know how to get around this insertion problem?
>
> Thanks Greg

0
brains (331)
2/3/2005 8:58:54 PM
About time it could then. If a simple program like Adobe Pagemaker can, then
time for MS to sort this very common requirement out!

"°°MS-Publisher°°" wrote:

> You cannot insert PDF files into Publisher as there is no support for PDF
> files.
>

> "gporell@southshoresenior.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:11af01c50a30$d6c8d0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >I can't insert PDF's into my publisher newsletter by
> > trying the insert command. I have to copy it and then
> > past and it loses some quality.
> >
> > Anyone know how to get around this insertion problem?
> >
> > Thanks Greg

0
Frin (10)
2/4/2005 9:47:01 AM
Few folks viewing these pages are Microsoft employees. I suggest that you
submit your suggestions to Microsoft here:
"Frin" <Frin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> About time it could then. If a simple program like Adobe Pagemaker can,
> then
> time for MS to sort this very common requirement out!
>
> "��MS-Publisher��" wrote:
>
>> You cannot insert PDF files into Publisher as there is no support for PDF
>> files.
>>

>> "gporell@southshoresenior.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:11af01c50a30$d6c8d0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> >I can't insert PDF's into my publisher newsletter by
>> > trying the insert command. I have to copy it and then
>> > past and it loses some quality.
>> >
>> > Anyone know how to get around this insertion problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks Greg

0
Chuck
2/4/2005 3:02:05 PM
Frin <Frin@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> About time it could then. If a simple program like Adobe Pagemaker
> can, then time for MS to sort this very common requirement out!

Who do you think your kidding?
Adobe PageMaker 7 costs $499.  Publisher costs $149.
Pagemaker is far harder to use than Publisher.
I don't see how you can class Pagemaker as a simple program compared to
Publisher!

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/4/2005 4:56:02 PM
No sooner said that done!

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> Few folks viewing these pages are Microsoft employees. I suggest that you
> submit your suggestions to Microsoft here:
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> "Frin" <Frin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > About time it could then. If a simple program like Adobe Pagemaker can,
> > then
> > time for MS to sort this very common requirement out!
> >
> > "°°MS-Publisher°°" wrote:
> >
> >> You cannot insert PDF files into Publisher as there is no support for PDF
> >> files.
> >>

> >> "gporell@southshoresenior.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote
> >> in message news:11af01c50a30$d6c8d0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...

0
Frin (10)
2/4/2005 5:05:02 PM
You also need to remember that one of Adobe's founders developed the .pdf
format.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Frin" <Frin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> About time it could then. If a simple program like Adobe Pagemaker can,
> then
> time for MS to sort this very common requirement out!
>
> "��MS-Publisher��" wrote:
>
>> You cannot insert PDF files into Publisher as there is no support for PDF
>> files.
>>

>> "gporell@southshoresenior.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:11af01c50a30$d6c8d0c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> >I can't insert PDF's into my publisher newsletter by
>> > trying the insert command. I have to copy it and then
>> > past and it loses some quality.
>> >
>> > Anyone know how to get around this insertion problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks Greg

0
jl_amerson (3088)

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Printing Newsletter in Publisher 2003

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Multiple PST Files #2

Money 2006 file repair application error

Creating a template using Publisher

publisher 2003 #38
Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , opening "my computer" is also slow ??? can any one help with this issue ?? That could be a multitude of things. And I'd even guess that most are not Office related. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "zed" wrote: > Have just updated from publisher 1998 to 2003 via proffesional office 2003 > and have found the "save as" function is terribly slow (as apposed to 98 ) , > opening "my c...

Application hanging on file load...
Okay, I'm having the strangest problem, and I'm hoping somebody here will be able to give me an idea of how to attack it... I have an MFC application that does some networked communication, multi-threading, fun stuff... I also load and save xml configuration files. Now, on most of the computers I've run my software on, I have absolutely no problems. On SOME boxes, however, whenever I use my menu to try to load or save a file... before the File Dialog box even comes up... the application hangs. All the boxes I've tried this on have been Windows 2000 boxes with Service Pack 4....

can't open files

Publisher 2003 & IE 8
I created a web site www.fera.org using Publisher 2003. Lately people using IE8 do not see the menues along the left side, or the bottom. People using Chrome are just fine. Is the a compatibility issue between IE 8 & Publisher 2003? There is a compatibility issue with IE8 and Publisher 2003 and 2007. Any design elements that are 'grouped' together, which includes the Publisher wizard built navbars, do not render when you view the web page in IE8 . The fix in general is to ungroup the elements. There is both a manual fix to these issues and a Service Patch that has been issue...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Outlook Data Files #4

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

Backup Excel file

Utility (pref. script) to catalog .EDB files
Hi, I have a client that is using an Enterprise backup tool which, whilst able to back-up and restore, does not provide in-depth information like traditional Exchange-aware backup products. I have been asked to write a script to list the users in a flat .EDB file (which has been snapped and copied and flushed using SAN replication tools). I have taken a look at the ESE API, which can only be accessed using C + (I only use VB). Other than EXMERGE, does anyone know of any tools that allow you to list the basic mailbox details on a EDB file? Thanks, Hutton. ...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

List folders to file

Hyperlink File Help

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

Lost .pst files
I am using Office XP with Outlook 2002 (SP2). I recently had a boot track failure on my old computer which had 2 hard drives, using the second drive as back-up storage. I bought a new computer and installed the old main drive (the one with the failed boot track) in my new computer as a second drive and copied all the data onto the new main drive. All data and software works except Outlook. I cannot find any .pst files on my old drive. Where could they be. BTW I use Matadore as a spam blocker. In article <014e01c3462e$561cbdf0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, daddyray01 @sport.rr.com say...

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...