inserting/merging pages

Trying to find out how I can add (2) 5.5W X 8.5H pages on 1 file with (2)
8.5W X 8.5H pages on a different file? All have the same background.

I  can not insert new page from page 2 that is 8.5X8.5 because it will be
the same size and it does not let me make changes in page setup. Hence the
reason I created pages 3 & 4 in a new file.

0
teddkilroy (17)

How can I insert a check box field?
I have not created a form in a long time. It used to be: Insert Form Field/Check box, and THERE it was! ....Now, with Word 2007, I cant figure it out. I've gone into Insert/Quick Parts/Field... and I'm lost after that. Help!!! On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:17:01 -0800, DPOOL <DPOOL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have not created a form in a long time. It used to be: Insert Form >Field/Check box, and THERE it was! ....Now, with Word 2007, I cant figure it >out. I've gone into Insert/Quick Parts/Field... and I'm lost after that. >Help!!! ...

why is autonumber insert duplicate record numbers
I have a contract table linked to a customer table and the autonumber field has started inserting duplicate numbers and I can't figure why. If a customer has multiple contracts and the tables are joined on the customer ID (Autonumber) field then you will get duplicate customer Id's in the contracts table. That is as it should be. Steve "AM" wrote: > I have a contract table linked to a customer table and the autonumber field > has started inserting duplicate numbers and I can't figure why. I have experienced this when a table became corrupt. I had to delete...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

Clone styles (and content) cellwise across pages
Is there a way to make a "master page" of styles and content, which would assign the style and content of that page to all the same cells of other pages in the workbook? Or possibly, assign a "category" to the cells that will make them take the style of the category? Thanks. -- Gnarlie Hi if you group your sheets when formatting the first sheet - all the sheets will get the same formatting (to group sheets, click on the first sheet, hold down your shift key and click on the last sheet). remember to ungroup them before you do anything specific to the first sheet (...

Merging information from two different excel spreadsheets
I am using an Excel 2000 worksheet as a contact list. I have a seperate worksheet that contains two columns, one with names of individuals and the other e-mail addresses. I would like to set up something, that will look at the names on the e-mail address worksheet, check if they match with any names on the contact list, and then insert the corresponding e-mail address in a cell in the next column. I'm not sure if you can do this with two different worksheets or if I need to paste all the cells into the same worksheet. Can anyone help????? -- MAPADMIN -----------------------------------...

Mail Merge.
Have merged two lists and everything went fine. Went to merge the 3rd list for labels and this is the message I got: "Some of the field names in this mail merge list are gland or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets or exclamation point. Please change the field names before importing data. The field names are all correct (Name, address, city, state, phone #) Am I on the wrong track.) All the names and addresses are typed right and in the field format box I checked off general to cover all issues. HELP. THANKS Pat ...

How can I delete the product list pages?
I am in the process of building my site with Microsoft Office Publisher. How can I go back and delete all the product list pages without having to start building the site all over? C.J. Please note that the Publisher Community has four forums based on functionality. As such web site issues belong in the web design forum. You can reference http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm Remove a page from the web publication using Edit, Delete page. -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Concealed Jewel" wrote: > I am in the proces...

How to insert a file into a document on the ssreen
On WordPerfect, one can go to Insert and Insert a file into a document that is on the screen at the point where the cursor is. How to do this in Word???? On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 12:37:01 -0800, OldMain <OldMain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On WordPerfect, one can go to Insert and Insert a file into a document that >is on the screen at the point where the cursor is. How to do this in >Word???? > In Word 2003 or earlier, click the Insert menu and choose File... In Word 2007, click the Insert tab of the ribbon, click the little arrow next to th...

Auto Page Numbering Question
I have a 12 page pricelist. Recently we made changes to the last 4 pages of this sheet. I am not getting ready to have the last 4 pages printed and sent to my customers so that they can simply replace the last 4 pages, leaving the first 8 in tact. I copied the last 4 pages into a new book, and need the page numbers to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12 ect. However, because the pages are in a new book I can only figure out how to have it say 1 of 4, 2 of 4 and so on. Basically, I need to change the footer to read 9 of 12, 10 of 12, 11 of 12 and 12 of 12, but this is only a 4 page sheet. ...

Two documents on one page
I created a flyer that is half-page size, so it easier to fit onto bulletin boards. In other words, it is 8 1/2 inches wide by 5 1/2 inches high. I want to be able to print 2 on one 8 1/2 by 11 page, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. I've tried various page layout settings. I saved the document as a tent card layout, to get the size I wanted, but am unable to save it as a full page document and get 2 of them on there. Please help. There could be a setting in your print driver to do that. Or if you convert it to a .pdf file (with third party softwa...

Printing
I have a file with a range A1:AG125; columns D,E,J,K,P,Q,V,W are hidden. This file was converted from Lotus 123, and the user was supposedly able to fit all the columns and rows to print on 1 page. I'm trying to print this on Legal, Landscape, Fit 1 Wide by 1 Tall; if I leave the "1 Tall" blank, all the columns fit to fill across the entire page as they should, but I end up with multiple pages. If I include "1 Tall" all the rows fit, but the columns crunch together and leave a very wide right margin. I've tried moving page breaks (there's a manual pa...

Insert Error
After clicking on Transactions - Purchasing - Transacation entry I get: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not mtch table definition. We hit OK and then get: The stored procedure pmControlNumberValidate returned the following results: DBMS: 213, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. the table definition might have changed. try to check PM10000 and PM10001 tables..if you have backup compare their definitions ...

insert password using vb #2
Thank You Celtic Avenger I'll try that. Abbevill -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Auto height rows
I am working in Excel 2000 for Windows with cells that are NOT merged. The individual cells have varying amounts of data (anywhere from a few characters to over 1000 characters). All text is wrapped. When I double click on the row to auto height, it adjusts the height but the printed version still cuts off text. In most cases the row height does not come anywhere near 409.5 pixels. I saw the problem with bottom aligned text, but all my cells are top aligned. I am working with 19 files that include at least four worksheets with 300+ rows of data. It's getting time consuming to re...

catalog merge #7
OK, I have a lot of genealogical images that I have cataloged in an Access database. I've successfully merged them in Publisher 2003 and created a catalog that shows the photo with all the related detail. My question is: now that I've created this merge, I would like to add more images and information to the database. Can I use the design of the catalog I've already created to make a new catalog - such as in a template, or do I have to use the wizard to completely re-create a new catalog design every time I change the database? Sure you can, when you open the catalog wizard,...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Merging rows
office 2003 excel How can I merge two rows into one row? Also... where is that in help? I spent about 45 minutes trying to find it. Thanks John if you want to merge A1:A10 and B1:B10, select C1:C10 and type in C1 =A1&B1 and ctrl+enter. Neo Cheung wrote: > if you want to merge A1:A10 and B1:B10, select C1:C10 and type in C1 > =A1&B1 and ctrl+enter. > Thanks... works great. Now, how do I get it to be just the data and not the reference to the other rows. thanks John Hi John, To eliminate the formula leaving only the value --- select column C, Ctrl+C (edit, copy), ...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

mail merge #21
I am trying to do a mail merge and it is not working. I want to merger a data base of 230 addresses from Access 2000 into a single Publisher project. When I merge, I only get one entry from the database repeated over and over in Publisher. I tried a test print and it showed the same results. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks! ...

Reordering Pages
I have a multi-page document where the pages go from the last page to the first. How can I reverse this so that when i open the document I see page 1 rather than page 8? Try running a macro containing the following code: Dim i As Long Dim Source As Document, Target As Document Dim trng As Range Set Source = ActiveDocument Set Target = Documents.Add Source.Activate Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory With Source For i = 1 To Source.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages) Source.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut Set trng = Target.Range trng.C...

mail merge problem in publisher
I recently had to reload Office Small Business 2007 onto my computer and now my publisher document won't merge with my excel spreadsheet. When merging the spreadsheet with over 100 address I only get one page and one address. Previously I got one page for each address. I'm sure it's a setting but which one? Are you doing labels? Do you intend to have multiple names and addresses per page? Your problem isn't too clear. If you are doing labels or similar: After you input your fields go to File, Print Merge, be certain "Multiple pages per sheet" is selected. T...

Full Page POS Receipt
I have been making receipts for over a year and I have the following code which I thought would print the receipt type in the top right of a full page receipt (which it does) except for when it is an "On Account" order type where if my statement made sense, it would print INVOICE in the corner instead; it is however still printing Sales Receipt for an On Account ticket; any suggesstions? <BORDER> tbNone </BORDER> <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> ">~" </ALIGNMENT> <IF> <CONDITION> Tender.Descriptor.TenderType = tenderAccount </...

Bug: printing of a specific page range is broken in MFC-VS2005
If you create an MFC application that includes printing support, and your application does print-time pagination as described in this MSDN library topic: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w7wzay73(VS.80).aspx then specifying printing of a specific range of pages in the print dialog does not work. The application always prints all pages of the document. To see this problem download and build the WordPad sample MFC application. Start a new blank document, then paste into it enough text to fill several pages. Choose Print from the File menu. Choose a print range of page 1 to page 1....

Changing page numbers #2
Is there any way of making page numbering start at a different number? I created a 16 A5 page document, the first two and last two sheets were a cover page which I printed separately. When I printed pages 3-14 I was asked if I wanted the pages to be printed as a separate document and I replied YES. However the page numbering on this separate document started at page 3 - I would have preferred page 1. The obvious solution of deleting pages 1,2,15,16 did not work. When I deleted pages 1 and 2 the text moved on leaving blank pages. I realise now that the text of the document was a continuous s...