Inserting Images in Publisher

I had to reinstall publisher and now that I have, Publisher no longer
recognizes some image types, .jpg, .bmp, .gif. It only recognizes draw-type
pictures and not Bitmapped images. Even in the "All File Types", I cannot
insert a Bitmapped image. Please help
0
JeffGor (10)

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher
program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
installed. You may not have installed all the optional graphic filters.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had to reinstall publisher and now that I have, Publisher no longer
> recognizes some image types, .jpg, .bmp, .gif. It only recognizes
> draw-type
> pictures and not Bitmapped images. Even in the "All File Types", I cannot
> insert a Bitmapped image. Please help

0
bkvalheim1 (519)
6/2/2005 10:39:21 PM
Brian,
I actually tried that two previous times and then just again. I'm still not
able to add bitmapped images to Publisher. I think we've tried just about
everything. I hope you can help...

Jeff

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher
> program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
> sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
> installed. You may not have installed all the optional graphic filters.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall publisher and now that I have, Publisher no longer
> > recognizes some image types, .jpg, .bmp, .gif. It only recognizes
> > draw-type
> > pictures and not Bitmapped images. Even in the "All File Types", I cannot
> > insert a Bitmapped image. Please help

0
JeffGor (10)
6/3/2005 1:26:01 AM
Have you considered updating your video driver? If you slide the acceleration down on
your adapter will the images insert? Control panel, display folder, settings tab,
advanced button, troubleshoot tab.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Brian,
> I actually tried that two previous times and then just again. I'm still not
> able to add bitmapped images to Publisher. I think we've tried just about
> everything. I hope you can help...
>
> Jeff
>

> "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher
>> program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
>> sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
>> installed. You may not have installed all the optional graphic filters.
>>
>> --
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.publishermvps.com
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I had to reinstall publisher and now that I have, Publisher no longer
>> > recognizes some image types, .jpg, .bmp, .gif. It only recognizes
>> > draw-type
>> > pictures and not Bitmapped images. Even in the "All File Types", I cannot
>> > insert a Bitmapped image. Please help

0
gsauer (5093)
6/3/2005 10:14:28 AM
Brian,
Did you have any onther suggestions on what I may try to get Publisher
functioning again?

Thanks,
Jeff

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher
> program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
> sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
> installed. You may not have installed all the optional graphic filters.
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I had to reinstall publisher and now that I have, Publisher no longer
> > recognizes some image types, .jpg, .bmp, .gif. It only recognizes
> > draw-type
> > pictures and not Bitmapped images. Even in the "All File Types", I cannot
> > insert a Bitmapped image. Please help

0
JeffGor (10)
6/7/2005 3:24:01 AM
Mary,

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you considered updating your video driver? If you slide the acceleration down on
> your adapter will the images insert? Control panel, display folder, settings tab,
> advanced button, troubleshoot tab.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Brian,
> > I actually tried that two previous times and then just again. I'm still not
> > able to add bitmapped images to Publisher. I think we've tried just about
> > everything. I hope you can help...
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> > "Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher
> >> program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be
> >> sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is
> >> installed. You may not have installed all the optional graphic filters.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Brian Kvalheim
> >> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> >> http://www.publishermvps.com
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> >> confers no rights.
> >> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JeffGor (10)
6/7/2005 3:24:03 AM
What application do you use to open your images? Right-click a .jpg, properties,
opens with... Be certain you have a valid program for viewing your pictures.
Can you drag and drop?
Do a disk clean-up, empty your Internet temp folder, in IE, tools, Internet Options,
delete files.
Does the Organizer work?
Did you update the video driver?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary,
> Did you have any onther suggestions on what I may try to get Publisher
> functioning again?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Have you considered updating your video driver? If you slide the acceleration down
>> on
>> your adapter will the images insert? Control panel, display folder, settings tab,
>> advanced button, troubleshoot tab.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Brian,
>> > I actually tried that two previous times and then just again. I'm still not
>> > able to add bitmapped images to Publisher. I think we've tried just about
>> > everything. I hope you can help...
>> >
>> > Jeff

0
gsauer (5093)
6/7/2005 8:29:44 AM
Some folks report that by examining the security settings in Publisher have helped.
Tools, options, security tab. An earlier post suggested changing the macro settings.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> "JeffGor" <JeffGor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gsauer (5093)

Fixed Asset Import
I am trying to import Fixed Asset records using Integration Manager 10.0 and I am running into the following error message: Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I would like to be able to update. Does anyone know how I can change this to allow for insert and update functionality? Unfortunately the eConnect Requester setup tool does not have that table as an option to update. Thanks, Craig Craig: I don't use integration manager so I apologize if this is diffferent but I do use ...

inserting columsns variable range
hello all, i have a spreadsheet that is variable in range (number of columns can vary). i would like to create a macro that for each column in the worksheet, two new columns would be inserted to the left. i thought this would work, but i am running into problems... LastColumn = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1], _ SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column LC = LastColumn For i = 2 To LC If Cells(5, i + 1) <> "" Then Cells(5, i).Select Selection.EntireColumn.Insert ...

Publisher is making me crazy!
I have been trying to create a flyer for a small business. Using the Wizard, I am having a problem with the text. I need 8 text boxes. The Wizard only allows me to use 5, and several of those are not the sizes I need. One is for a tag line, which I don't need, I need one that I can enlagre enough to put in a list. When I try that, the list starts at the bottom, and will not line up with the type on the other side of the page! I have been working on this flyer for 3 weeks, with NO luck. Why can't I add my own text boxes? And if I CAN add text boxes, please tell me how ...

Publisher cannot complete the operation #2
I have Publisher 2000 installed on my computer and recently I downloaded version 2007 to try. Now when I open up Publisher 2000 and try to open templates for the project/s that I am interested in doing the template that I pick downloads half way and then a message pops up telling me that "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Can someone please tell me what I should do to fix the problem? From where are you trying to download the template? Is it a program template or do you go online? Is 2007 still on your computer? Can you accept the ActiveX control? Downloading clips, ...

Publisher 2003 file
I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited by others for their own use. How can I do this? Do they have Publisher? If so, just attach the file to an email. If they don't, they can't edit it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "djh" <djh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33D4244C-36BA-49DE-9255-B0E6455E7C23@microsoft.com... >I created a tri-fold brochure. Now, I want to send it so that can be edited > by others for their o...

Picture inserted from file cannot be aligned

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

Attached Image file
Hi, Previously a user of outlook express, after upgraded to Outlook 2003. Find that the image viewing from outlook attachement very suffering... not like outlook express, i can scroll through all attached image inside my e-mail, but for outlook, i have double-click all the attached image in order to view them... is there a way to make image viewing easier.. pls advice what setting i can set in outlook 2003 or my exhange server 2003 ?? Thanks! No such setting. Outlook does not preview attachments inline intentionally. This is not Outlook Express. -- Russ Vale...

Works Publisher 2000 to Office Publisher 2003
My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is not recognizing my 2000 files. How do I correct this. Ditto for Works "generic" database to Office Access 2003 You mention Works which makes me wonder if you are thinking that Home Publishing is the same thing as Publisher. It isn't. Could this be the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tutu" <Tutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BA0555-0DB4-42F2-B8C2-F0F08F29999A@microsoft.com... > My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is no...

Can't uninstall or install Publisher
I have a problem with Microsoft Office XP. I can install office xp, but I can not install or uninstall Publisher 2002. I am running XP SP2. I tried to uninstall Publisher through Add/Remove Programs it would not uninstall. I tried to repair Publisher with Detect and Repair still it would not remove. \ This is the message that comes up when I try to uninstall or Repair Publisher 2002. "The installation Source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. Have a look at the following articles: (325084) "Error 1612. The installa...

How do I print gridlines for a table in publisher 2003
I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I cannot find a way to accomplish this. Please advise. Select & highlight the table, click lines, more lines, select the grid option, you can also change the line weight and color in this menu. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3055F3-3D53-4AB6-8992-25DAB43BF671@microsoft.com... >I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I...

Publish to a website
I need to autopublish my Excel workbooks when I save the workbook. However, the publish features will only save my workbook in a small window on the web page (maybe 800 by 600). I want the workbook to fill the whole screen in the web page similar to a normal looking Excel workbook. I'm using 1024*768 monitor. I have set the screen size to 1024 and 96pt in the Excel, tools, web options. If I save the workbook as a web page the web page looks as needed. However, if I use the publish button to enable autopublish it again defaults back to the small size. Couldn't find any he...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Commerical printing with Publisher 2003
I am doing the layout for an instructional manual that will (we estimate) have 130 pages. This manual will be going for printing and binding to a commercial print house. I recently spoke to a professional design and layout artist, who expressed a concern that Publisher 2003 may not be suitable for this task. They recommended InDesign, as to send my document to the commercial printer I must also do a printer spread (or imposition file) in order for the printer to be able to print, crop, fold and bind the document. I was also told that graphics must be CYMK in opposed to RGB (I do see tha...

Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!
Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact. The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after all these years that it truly does exist. I have created a tutorial, which is very simple: http://www.publishermvp...

Insert blank rows
Rather than using the control button to select every other row, which can be very time consuming when you have more than 100 rows, I am trying to figure out how to auto-insert blank rows between pre-populated rows of information. Deb, Try this macro. ALT+F11 to open VB editor. Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and insert module and paste the code in on the right . Change the sheet name to your sheet and run the code Sub insert_rows() Dim ws As Worksheet, x as long Set ws = Sheets("Sheet3") lastrow = ws.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For x = ...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

inserting/merging pages
Trying to find out how I can add (2) 5.5W X 8.5H pages on 1 file with (2) 8.5W X 8.5H pages on a different file? All have the same background. I can not insert new page from page 2 that is 8.5X8.5 because it will be the same size and it does not let me make changes in page setup. Hence the reason I created pages 3 & 4 in a new file. ...

insert 'x' number of rows in excel
Hi, I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is the result of a 'countA' function. Is this possible? Hi# only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is >the result of a 'countA' function. > >Is this possible? >. > Yes VBA is feasible "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi# > only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? > > >-----Original ...

Insert a row based on a macro
Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75A1DDD5-6334-410D-8646-091B43D1B198@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I > then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. ...

Can I create "script with a tail" with Publisher
I am trying to create a baseball logo using "script with a tail". You can see examples of this with the Los Angles Dodgers or Baltimore Orioles logos. Can I accomplish this with MS Publisher? If I were doing a project like that, I'd use a graphics program such as Photoshop Elements. (Yes, I'm biased because I own that program and really like its capabilities.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Art Taylor" <Art Taylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30A889CF-EE61-4A52-8B23-88AAD379CDAB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to cre...

adding multiple pages for a publisher e-newsletter/e-announcement
Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and so far they have all been a single page. Now, I need more room and was wondering if all I have to do is insert a page. Will all pages show up in an email of the publication or just the first page? (The computer i'm on right now won't allow me to send a publication as an email message, so I can't really check). Does anybody know how sending a multiple page publication as an email message work? lanosh wrote: > Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and > so fa...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Publisher 2007's PDF converter removes transparency from pictures.
Hello, I really would appreciate any help in the following issue. I have some gif pictures in my publisher 2007 document that are transparent (tried this with png pictures too). Everything looks good when I print the document to a printer. But if I use Microsoft's built-in PDF converter then the transparancy becomes "white" and that is not good. My printer requires a PDF and can't work from publisher 2007 files. Any suggestions on how to STOP publisher from getting rid of the transparency?? Thanks! I'm not seeing this. When you move the image over another obje...