Inserting fractions

How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not
available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using
superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the
fraction looks different? Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Kristen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not
> available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using
> superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the
> fraction looks different?

Insert > Object > Microsoft Equation 3.0?

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
11/18/2003 7:16:12 PM
Buy the font pack that contains all the Lucida Maths fonts.

Will have everything and all you need.

--
The US should free all those
illegally held prisoners they are

0
donotknock (1941)
11/18/2003 8:46:51 PM
For some Word approaches that will be at least partially applicable to
Publisher, see http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Kristen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I format fractions (such 1/8, 2/3) that are not
> available under "insert/symbol"? I have tried using
> superscript and subscript on the denominators, but the
> fraction looks different? Any ideas?

0
sbarnhill (63)

Struggling with my insert query...
I've got this insert query running embedded in a VBA statement. The VBA looks at a table and finds the largest number stored in the column BatchNum and then adds 1 to it and stores that new number in the variable lngBatch. It then runs the following SQL (note that the <lngBatch> as seen below is just a placeholder... in the actual code the SQL statment is put into a string and would be "... CaseNum," & lngBatch & vbCrLf & "FROM ..."): INSERT INTO tblRef ( RefNum, BatchNum ) SELECT DISTINCT CaseNum, <lngBatch> FROM tblMain; This statement...

Insert Values Into A Table Using A Module
Hi, PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM, IM STUCK! :confused: Ill explain the problem quickly with an example. Ive got this table: January1999 February1999 Etc... day 1 value value day 2 value value day 3 value value day 4 value value day 5 value value Etc... value value The table is very very large and inputing values in it by scrollon through it is very irritating, so i want to design a little module tha would allow me to either (1) input, or (2) call a value in a given x, point of the table. The 1st problem r...

How to insert directly from scanner to e-mail?
In 2003 I used to be able to hit insert and then insert a file directly from a scanner. I can't find this feature in 2007. Any clues? Thanks. it would be a feature added by the scanner driver or the OS, not outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by ...

Auto Insert Year in Date Cells
In one of my spreadsheets I have formatted all of column A for dates in the MM/DD/YY format. Is it possible to do something in Excel so that I manually type in the month and day but it automatically inserts 2004 as the year. In other words, I would type 05/03 (May 3) and it would add 04 as the year. Any way to do that? Peter -- **Remove Xs to reply by e-mail** If you type only the month and day, Excel will automatically add the current year. So, you could change you computer's date to 2004 before you enter the dates, and Excel will use that year (remember to change the date back ...

Merge from Office Address Book Inserting 2 instead of 1 Item(s)
Hi, I'm having problems with the latest Office version for OS X and merge documents. I create a new document. Select Merge Document. I tell the palette that I want Form Letters, Data Source is Office Address Book, and then I start selecting items. These are the items I'm adding: Title FirstName LastName Company Address (What's the difference between Address & Street?) City State Zip When I go to view or print preview on a lot of my records, I'll get two company names, two addresses, two sets of city, state, zip, and if there's no title for a given contact there&#...

Inserting a picture from the web
Hi! Is it possible to insert a picture from the web that automatically updates every time you open the document? That is, the picture isn't stored locally but get downloaded when the file is opened. (For example a stock chart...) BR, Josip ...

Problem inserting fields into subreport...
I have a report that has a subreport in it. The subreport has two fields that store values to track the status of map changes. We have digital maps and paper maps and need to track the status of a change as to whether or not it has been done on the paper maps and/or the digital maps. I want the report to show the verbose meaning of these values (verbose value stored in a separate table). Let me set this up a bit... Table: MapChange (The general map change requested) Field: ChangeID Field: Description Table: ChangeDetail (Detailed map changes needed to be done to accomplish the map ...

Inserting a bunch of rows at once.
I have about 1000 rows of data in column A. How do I insert a blank row in between each row, without doing it one at a time? Is there a way to insert alternating blank rows for an entire sheet? Please Help -Matt Hi Matt, You won't be able to sort, so you might want to just change the row height instead. But here is a macro to insert a row between rows with data. Note in inserting or deleting rows you start a loop from the bottom. More information in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm and example of what you asked for: Sub InsertALTrows() 'David McRit...

how to insert a linebreak in a cell?
Hi, i want to have two alinea's in the text i enter in a cell. When pushing on the key "enter", i quit the cell. How can i add a linebreak (like pushing on 'return' or 'enter' key) in a cell? Thanks Bob Hello Alt + Enter. HTH Cordially Pascal "Bob" <bo@dd.gt> a �crit dans le message de news: ePWazRtkHHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i want to have two alinea's in the text i enter in a cell. When pushing on > the key "enter", i quit the cell. > How can i add a linebreak (like pushing on 'return&#...

Can't Insert Clip Art in Excel #2
I can insert Clip Art from the Clip Art gallery in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet -- I get a message telling me to install that function. But, after two complete Office 2000 reinstalls, it still won't work...although it DOES work just fine in Word. I sure would appreciate any ideas. Thanks! ...

Word hangs when I try to insert accented character
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel have recently installed Office 2004 on a new macbook pro running 0S 10.5.3. it's been working fine but today i've been working on a word document and when i tried to insert a foreign character (an � - e with an accent) it just hangs and i have to force quit. is this a compatibility problem, or is there any way to work around it ? thanks <webstar@officeformac.com> wrote: Hi, > have recently installed Office 2004 on a new macbook pro running 0S > 10.5.3. > > it's been working fi...

External data insert rows
The "external data range properties" has an option to "Insert entir rows for new data, clear unused cells". I would expect this option to insert an ENTIRE row over the full lengt of the sheet, but only inserts rows in the table itself and not th rows in the table and the data adjacent to it. It would save me some V programming if this is possiple. Is this behaviour correct, or is this a bug? I can't find an information at Microsoft -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi When having formulas in adjacent cells, I have found the settings 'Overwrite ......

How do I insert currency symbols in Excel?
Can someone help me please? How do I insert two different currency symbols in two different cells/columns on the same page when using Excel? Peter FREER ( Thailand) You can always format the cell to the currency you want. Or you can find, download and insert the currency symbol as a clip art file. Hope this helps! "The Angry Ant" wrote: > Can someone help me please? > How do I insert two different currency symbols in two different > cells/columns on > the same page when using Excel? > Peter FREER ( Thailand) ...

Database Mirroring and Insert Statement
In SQL Server 2005, in Dev environment, the application takes 10-15 minutes to insert 129,000 records but in prod it takes 2 hours. Dev is not set up for database mirroring but prod is set up for database mirroring. The database is identical and server hardware in prod is better. There is no other activity happening in prod. during that time. What could be the possible reasons. >The database is > identical and server hardware in prod is better. "Better" is a relative term. I frequently see installation where a test or dev environment has one single disk and a pr...

Insert RTF to CRichEditCtrl
I want to get rtf from a CRichEditCtrl, then insert into another CRichEditCtrl. but the problem is: it always create new line after I call streamin. I refernece WordPad and Microsoft Word.if I copy whole line,the paste to another document, it will create new line. if only copy part of one line, it will get single line. then, I made two line, firs is left align, sencond is center align, if I select all and copy, when paste into another document, it will create new line. if I select all first line and part of sencond line. it shows all left align. what I like is get whole format of rtf(text ...

Automatically insert list entry
Hi, I'm simply creating a list of ancronyms and their definitions. I want to be able to enter an ancronym at the top of the excel document and have it be automatillcy inserted into the list in the correct alphabetical order. Any ideas on an easy solution, Thanks -- oliverj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oliverj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391310 Enter it anywhere in the list, but then select your range (both columns...

Multiple User Defined Categories in Insert Function Form
I've created about ten of user defined functions using VBA in Excel 2007. When I try to access them from Excel using the Insert Function form and trying to select the functions by category, the User Defined category appears ten times in the 'Or select a category' list, one for each function. This make sit very difficult to select the functions I want to use. Initially there was only a single User Defined category that contained all functions, but after I changed one of them I now have the problem. It's the same whether I store them in the Personal Workbook, ...

Windows Installer runs when inserting clip art
I have a computer that I tried to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007. The upgrade did not go smoothly and I ended up uninstalling Office 2003 and doing a clean install of Office 2007. Now when I try to insert clip art in Publisher the Windows Installer program starts running and freezes up my computer. The same thing happens if I go to Clip Organizer and run that....Windows Installer wants to run. Could this be something in the registry? Thanks for any suggestions. A couple of things to try. Find mstore10.mgc and rename it to mstore10.old. It is in a folder similar to this (h...

"Insert List" function on Excel XP
I am used to Office X for Mac and now am trying to get going on the XP version The Mac version of Excel has a "insert list" function under the insert drop down menu. It is a great tool that a use frequently to manage my lists. I don't seem to find anything similar in Excel XP is there a different route to the "list" functions on XP? It is so useful, I can't believe MS left it out of the PC versions! Hi I think this feature was introduced with Excel 2003 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Escobar wrote: > I am used to Office X for Mac and now am trying...

Type a symbol useing shortcut keys rather the insert a symbol
I have a couple of symbols I use a lot. Is there a way I can type those symbols using some type of keystroke shortcut rather than going through all the steps of inserting a symbol? In Word, it allows me to assign shortcuts, but I don't see that option in Excel. I tried creating a Macro, but when it runs, it jumps to the same cell each time. I want to be able to type my symbol, hit "Space" and begin typing my comment in Arial. You can use the autocorrect option to replace text. For example if you type (c) into a cell it autocorrects to the copywrite symbol. To a...

how do you insert colour into a cell on a spreadsheet?
To add colour to a cell, select the cell On the Formatting toolbar, click the arrow to the right of the Fill Color button Click on a colour in the palette If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 dollface wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

inserting a video using real player downlaods or mp4 format
I recently inserted a video from my you-tube account that said to down load video in mp4, it put it in a file on my computer under my videos real player videos and I was able to sucessfully insert it and the video plays with out any problems. Then I tried to insert other videos I had stored in other formats such as mp4 and wmv and nothing happens. there is a small box where the image was inserted but does not open to video or even show picture of viedo inserted. Is there a certain format for frontpage 2002 that I need to use. I have converted my mov files to wmv and to mp4 but...

TAble Insert
I have a person table that has id, firstname, lastname, address, city, state, zip. I have set all fields except id to have required = no and allow zero length = yes. But when I try the following query it will not insert the record because the firstname is not filled out. Any ideas? INSERT INTO person ( id, lastname, firstname, address, city, state, zip ) VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda La Daniela', '', '5310 SW 192 Avenue', 'Sw Ranches', 'Fl', '33331'); Try inserting Null instead of a zero-length string: INSERT INTO ... VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda...

Insert worksheet grayed out
I want to insert another sheet in a workbook, but I don't understand why the insert menu, the option worksheet is grayed out. Thanks Hi Richard, your workbook could be protected. Check Tools - Protection. If there is displayed "Unprotect Workbook", your workbook is protected... and in that case you cannot add worksheets, unless you unprotect the workbook. Regards, Nika Lampe "Richard" je napisal: > I want to insert another sheet in a workbook, but I don't understand why the > insert menu, the option worksheet is grayed out. Thanks > > &g...

Insert Chart that changes with record
I want to insert a Line graph chart into a form that compares yearly benchmark test grades and I want it to change per record to individual students. I want the chart to show progress and digress. I have 774 records with 5 fields. Example: Math Math Literacy Literacy Student Test 2005 Test 2006 Test 2005 Test 2006 Sally O'Malley 98 63 76 85 Sheila Kay 99 85 82 88 Any help is...