Inserting Excell 2003 worksheet

Using Pub 2003 with Windows XP Home
In my lastest guild newsletter I wanted to have one page
be the membership roster. I created that file with Excel
2003, but fumbled around the in help files and program
menus in Publisher trying to insert it as a properly
formatted one page table. I finally ended up saving each
page of the Publisher document and the Excel page as
separate PDF files then combined them all in Adobe
Acrobat 6 Standard. That worked fine but I wondered if
there is a simpler method.
0
anonymous (74722)

Just copy the Excel range and paste it in Publisher - couldn't be simpler.

Was the obvious too simple?

0
brains (331)
8/30/2004 7:50:31 AM
Hey David, Where have you been??? Did you go to Germany with Ed?

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message
> Just copy the Excel range and paste it in Publisher - couldn't be simpler.
>
> Was the obvious too simple?

0
gsauer (5093)
8/30/2004 8:26:31 AM
Welcome back! I just asked Brian if he'd heard from you.  :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message
> Just copy the Excel range and paste it in Publisher - couldn't be simpler.
>
> Was the obvious too simple?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
8/30/2004 11:15:29 AM
Hi JoAnn Paules (jl_amerson@hotmail.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Welcome back! I just asked Brian if he'd heard from you.  :-)

David forgot to ask me for permission for a leave of absence from the
newsgroup.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/30/2004 4:40:05 PM
Hi Cynthia carter (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Using Pub 2003 with Windows XP Home
|| In my lastest guild newsletter I wanted to have one page
|| be the membership roster. I created that file with Excel
|| 2003, but fumbled around the in help files and program
|| menus in Publisher trying to insert it as a properly
|| formatted one page table. I finally ended up saving each
|| page of the Publisher document and the Excel page as
|| separate PDF files then combined them all in Adobe
|| Acrobat 6 Standard. That worked fine but I wondered if
|| there is a simpler method.

Cynthia, you could also go to Insert > Object > Create from File > Browse to
your Excel page and insert.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
8/30/2004 4:40:49 PM

I tried that and also tried the "insert-object-create
from file, etc." route and each time the table came up in
Publisher with totally messed up cell layouts, some too
big, some too small, etc. Looked nothing like the
original.
I'll play around with it and the Excel progam some more.
I can always resort to the save as PDF's method. :)
0
anonymous (74722)

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary