Inserting background clip art

I use Publisher 2000.  I have read about people wanting to change a
background image from tiling to stretch to fit the page.  My question is just
the opposite:  how to tile the images to fill the background.  I have not
found a way to do this in my current version and wonder if the newer
Publisher programs support this.  If it is possible in P2000, please forward
advise.  Thanks.
--
-mjs
0

Divide your page with the arrange menu to however many tiles you want, insert, new
drawing, create a rectangle the size of your desired tile, fill, fill effects,
picture tab, browse to your image. Use the Object Frame Properties to wrap just the
image, you may have to adjust the wrap points. Copy, paste until your page is full.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"mjs" <mjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Publisher 2000.  I have read about people wanting to change a
> background image from tiling to stretch to fit the page.  My question is just
> the opposite:  how to tile the images to fill the background.  I have not
> found a way to do this in my current version and wonder if the newer
> Publisher programs support this.  If it is possible in P2000, please forward
> advise.  Thanks.
> --
> -mjs

0
gsauer (5093)
1/13/2006 8:04:51 PM
Thank you.  I hadn't thought of this particular method, but I was cutting and
pasting and aligning without tiling.

I was hoping for a feature that would fill the page automatically.
--
-mjs

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Divide your page with the arrange menu to however many tiles you want, insert, new
> drawing, create a rectangle the size of your desired tile, fill, fill effects,
> picture tab, browse to your image. Use the Object Frame Properties to wrap just the
> image, you may have to adjust the wrap points. Copy, paste until your page is full.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "mjs" <mjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use Publisher 2000.  I have read about people wanting to change a
> > background image from tiling to stretch to fit the page.  My question is just
> > the opposite:  how to tile the images to fill the background.  I have not
> > found a way to do this in my current version and wonder if the newer
> > Publisher programs support this.  If it is possible in P2000, please forward
> > advise.  Thanks.
> > --
> > -mjs

0
mjs (11)

Inserting sheets into Excel workbook
I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets. I want to add more worksheets but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out. What have I done to remove this option from just this workbook? Under Tools go to options then click the Edit tab and make sure that the "Show Insert Options Buttons" is checked. "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A26C97C-0A01-48A1-88D0-7F7EF23F87A1@microsoft.com... >I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets. I want to add more worksheets > but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

Insert Object in Cell
Hi I can insert a file in a cell using Insert-Object-Create from File but how can i insert a mail message in a cell? Mail does not show on the Insert Object list of Object Types Thanks Jim First open the mail message and do a Save As and put it in an accessible drive folder. NOW do your Insert, Object, Create from file, Browse, and select your "Saved message" file. Jim wrote: > Hi > I can insert a file in a cell using Insert-Object-Create from File but how > can i insert a mail message in a cell? Mail does not show on the Insert > Object list of Object Types &...

Insert data into Combo
Mistake #1 Thought I'd improve on this process: A user goes to select their name from a combo, but it's not in the list, so I have a button that opens a User entry pop-up form to add their name. They close the entry form and now must select their name from the combo. I want to dump the user entry form name into the combo when they close the user entry form so they don't have to select it. My problem is loading the new ID into the combo so the query can run from the combo data. The row source bound column is MbrID, with the second column being LFName. I've t...

go to first cell of inserted row
Hello all, I have a macro that inserts a new row.(normally don't need a macro but I have formatted cells that need to be copied etc). But after the insertion it leaves the active row highlighted. I would like to go to (or select) the first cell of that new active row. What code should I insert at the end of my macro to do this? Thanks in advance, Dave Hi Dave Try this: Selection(1, 1).Select Regards, Per "Dave" <Dave.Beaune@lhsc.on.ca> skrev i meddelelsen news:4b098e62-338d-4470-a40d-659ca91843f9@f19g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > Hello all, > > I have a m...

Why is Paste in Word 2007 Shift-Insert?
The keyboard shortcut in Excel and elsewhere remains Ctrl-V, but in WORD in the version of Office 2007 on my new PC it is the less convenient Shift-Insert. Why? Ctrl+V should still work in any version of Word. If not, you can reassign it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RBM-TAX" <RBM-TAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F46FDDBF-B24F-4283-9989-F7CE67B41E7C@microsoft.com... > The keyboard shortcut in Excel and elsewhere remains Ctrl-V, but in WORD > in > the...

inserting text from a combo box to a text box
Hi - I have a forms control combo box with several different choices. I would like what ever is selected from the combo box to be inserted with a certain font and size into a text box on the same sheet. Can anybody offer some help - thanks much - Jim A On May 20, 7:17=A0am, Jim A <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - I have a forms control combo box with several different choices. =A0= I > would like what ever is selected from the combo box to be inserted with a > certain font and size into a text box on the same sheet. =A0Can anybody o= ffer > some help - than...

Can't view thumbnails of clip art
Hi, When I choose to insert a clip art, there are no clip art thumbnails to choose from? Also, when I have an e- mail sent to me with clip art and I try to forward it, it sends the clip art as attachments and there are blank placeholders left. Help! ...

Inserted graphics in Publisher can't be seen.
There has to be an easy fix,Help! Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > There has to be an easy fix,Help! Try View > Pictures > Detailed Display. If this fails, this is almost certainly a problem with your video driver. By going to Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot, and dragging the Hardware Acceleration slider down three notches, you will be able to disable Publisher from making the calls on the video driver that cause this problem. If this does fix your problem, it means that the problem does indeed li...

Clip art in Publisher 2002
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE INSTALLING SP2, I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM! When I want to modify a piece of clip art in 2002, I go to "ungroup" and I now get a message stating the folowing: This is an imported picture, not a group. Do you want to convert it to a Microsoft Drawing object? I select "yes" and my clip art becomes a white box, nothing is visible. Very rarely did Publisher ask me this same question, but when I did I would still get the graphic and be able to modify it how I needed, that is no longer the situation. Again, I used to modify my clip art in Publisher all...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

Insert Lines
I have a worksheet sent to me with over 700 names on it. I need to put 4 extra lines under each name. Is there a way to do this without having to individually insert those lines as this will take a long time. Thanks. On Apr 29, 9:29=EF=BF=BDpm, RENEE <RE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a worksheet sent to me with over 700 names on it. =EF=BF=BDI need = to put 4 > extra lines under each name. =EF=BF=BDIs there a way to do this without h= aving to > individually insert those lines as this will take a long time. =EF=BF=BDT= hanks. Output as CSV Open...

Border Art
I am trying to add a custom border for a flyer that I am doing but when I try to add it to the menu it keeps giving me an error message that says ,"the image is too complex to be made into a border." Some clipart is too complex. That said, a poster had success opening Publisher as Administrator and then creating the custom BorderArt. The BorderArt will be available when you open Publisher normally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "preciousmisfit" <preciousmisfit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B66E04BE-35CE-43DE-9678-9A0988...

How to re-insert Windows Mail in the top of the Start Menu list?
Thinking AOL web-mail would be used as the E-mail client on this system, to avoid confusion, Windows Mail was removed from the Start Menu list. The program remains on the system, and it has been possible to place an icon on the desktop to access it, but it would be good if it could be restored to its rightful place at the top (under the Internet Explorer link) of the Start menu (what you get when clicking on the encircled Microsoft symbol in the lower left corner of the screen). How should that be done? AOL web-mail has lost out to Windows Mail as the preferred e-mail client, ...

Insert order by a SQL Query
i try to put a order in the Sop10100 and 10200 for detail I have 90% success, idee was insert my order as a quote and going in to great plains to transfer all quote in order, to make sure GP will update all the table 2 problem i found i dont have any master number, and no lnitmseq When i try to transfere my quote gp say 0 doc tansfere and 0 error Is there any stored procedure thaht i should use any important thing i have to check to make sure it will work Could someone help me with this What you are suggesting is a function that should be performed by the eConnect product. It take...

changing c sharp background
hi; i want to set a picture to the console application if u know how plz answer me i know how to chang the background color but i dont know how to set a picture to it thanks for all answer ... :) A console application ? Doesn't seems to make sense as this is a character mode device... Else please be more specific (you want to use a picture as a background for a System.Windows.Forms.Form object ?) -- Patrice "sahel" <nam.nam.barooon@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 8e8e7758-2a82-436d-8e76-6ea5acabb025@15g2000yqi.googlegro...

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

print, 90% transparent background in txt box
I have an epson c82, this hasn't happened before. I set the textbox to a color, and make it say70 % transparent, print preview looks ok, till it prints, it almost looks crosshatched on the background. Solid colors seem to print ok Create a rectangle the size of your text box, fill 70% or 90% transparency, right-click, save as a picture. Select the .png format. Insert this behind your text box. Publisher has problems with transparency. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message news:%23gn$kEB9IHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP02...

How do I use a picture background for stationary on outlook 2007?
I cannot use a picture of my cats as a stationary background. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks ...

Why can't I see pictures & clip art on the screen in Publisher?
See about going to View > Pictures > Detailed Display. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "CaliTexan" <CaliTexan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED536C6-1338-46D0-8230-3FFDEE61BC86@microsoft.com... > On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:16:01 +0000, CaliTexan wrote (in article <FED536C6-1338-46D0-8230-3FFDEE61BC86@microsoft.com>): > Because you're too lazy to STFW. This question was asked - and answered - three times...

INSERT Query woes...
I thought I had solved this problem earlier but apperently not. I'm getting the following error: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate value in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again. Here's the INSERT Query I'm using: INSERT INTO tblRefNum ( RefNum, BatchNum ) SELECT DISTINCT RefNum, {lngBatch} FROM tblMain; {lngBatch} is a number I generate using VBA which looks at tblRefNu...

Inserting a clock into an Excel cell
Hiya I'm trying to put a clock in a spreadsheet that updates once a minute. I'm using the =NOW() formula, but it doesn't always update every minute. Any ideas on how to make excel update a spreadsheet's cell automatically? Thanks ps. Is there a way of making Excel automatically update a spreadsheet, without human interferance? LIke making it press F9 automatically for you? Carsten The code will go into a VBA code module in your workbook and be run by assigning the macros to buttons or shortcut keys or by running it automatically. Read Chip's instructions carefully t...

Insertion of existing worksheets in current worksheet
I am running Office 2003 on Win 2000. I have several worksheets that I would like to insert into an open worksheet. Is it possible to do this without opening each of those, and then copying and pasting? TIA AFAIK you must open the files. Better than copy/paste try right click on the sheet name and select move or copy. Use the drop down to select the workbook you want. You have a choice of creating a copy leaving the original intact. HTH "caduser" wrote: > I am running Office 2003 on Win 2000. I have several worksheets that I would > like to insert into an open worksh...

clipping paths
I just wanted to know is there any way to get clipping paths to work imported into excel? I need to layer pictures without the white background and tried clipping paths but they still have the background Please help!!?? ...

Inserting Objects in Session.Variable
Hi, I am trying to hold object in a the Session.Variable(1) as below dim card as new xyzobject Session.Variable=card I keep getting error. Any ideas. I am new to RMS and it looks documentation and samples are not much out there except this fantastic newsgroup. Thanks in advance ...